(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 378.
#5851 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think there are just MORE owners in general for Maiden, which probably translates into more votes. ...

Yes - exactly.

#5852 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Likely. When it comes down to votes, there are a lot more enthusiastic IMDN owners than POTC owners.

While a TWIPY award isn't an Oscar it is rather sad for Eric that this game was released the Last month of 2018 with only a few handful of users to see its value. Yes, IMDN may win based on a long run of buyers/voters but having owned both there is no way that game compares even if they changed the music sorry. Fun yes, but no pirates.

#5853 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While a TWIPY award isn't an Oscar it is rather sad for Eric that this game was released the Last month of 2018 with only a few handful of users to see its value. Yes, IMDN may win based on a long run of buyers/voters but having owned both there is no way that game compares even if they changed the music sorry. Fun yes, but no pirates.

I agree. That's why I sold my NIB IMDN LE and own a POTC LE instead. Game preference pure and simple.

#5854 5 years ago

I just got my potc le today. Out of the box:

1. Camera won’t initialize (I’ve reseated the cables and still doesn’t. Any ideas guys?)
2. Ship upper playfield right flipper flips but not as high as left flipper. (Not sure how to adjust flipper travel)

It plays otherwise mint. Amen

#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

1. Camera won’t initialize (I’ve reseated the cables and still doesn’t. Any ideas guys?)
2. Ship upper playfield right flipper flips but not as high as left flipper. (Not sure how to adjust flipper travel)

Flipper adjustment is like any other flipper adjustment and from the posts in this thread you can adjust them without removing the upper playfield. Congrats!

#5856 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Flipper travel I can help with. Pull the playfield out to the third service position. You can get to the nuts for both Pearl flippers without removing it. Loosen the nut, aim the flipper, and tighten back.

I highly recommend you watch the LTG Flipper video and the Butch Peel flipper video first.

Both videos linked here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/92#post-4858571

As for the camera I’d check everything in the backbox, maybe a cable isn’t seated well? Maybe at the motherboard side if it looks ok at the camera end?

#5857 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Flipper travel I can help with. Pull the playfield out to the third service position. You can get to the nuts for both Pearl flippers without removing it. Loosen the nut, aim the flipper, and tighten back.
I highly recommend you watch the LTG Flipper video and the Butch Peel flipper video first.
Both videos linked here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/92#post-4858571
As for the camera I’d check everything in the backbox, maybe a cable isn’t seated well? Maybe at the motherboard side if it looks ok at the camera end?

3rd service position..I’m use to the Williams games...

#5858 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

3rd service position..I’m use to the Williams games...

I think he just means pull the playfield all the way forward and support the rubber bumper last position on the lock bar so its angled.

#5859 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think he just means pull the playfield all the way forward and support the rubber bumper last position on the lock bar so its angled.

Thank you. I’ve done it I can feel the right nut but there’s no way I can get a small wrench in there

#5860 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Thank you. I’ve done it I can feel the right nut but there’s no way I can get a small wrench in there

You’re going to want a set of nut drivers. It makes this work SO much easier.

I like these, but hardware stores sell similar sets: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-1398

Find Butch Peel’s “Tools of the Trade” video for lots of good info on pinball tools.

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You’re going to want a set of nut drivers. It makes this work SO much easier.
I like these, but hardware stores sell similar sets: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-1398
Find Butch Peel’s “Tools of the Trade” video for lots of good info on pinball tools.

Thank you will do, much appreciated

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

By the way, one of my machines has a left upper playfield flipper that is higher than the right. I’ve been leaving it for now as it makes trapping the ball and hitting the pocket a bit easier.

#5863 5 years ago

It was really refreshing to read on the previous page 8 posts in a row talking about gameplay ,tactics and scoring , not issues and problem solving . Hopefully everyone can get their machines sorted out and this will be the norm going forward .

#5864 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Kaneda will be at TPF, rumor has it, Chris is the presenter for game of the year at the TWIPYs - which will be POTC.
-disclaimer-Of course that’s not true-

Decided to listen to the episode yesterday where he talked about The Big Lebowski news (that sounds like it unfortunately isn't true now). That was a mistake. At the end of the podcast he went after Pirates owners, the game, and how Lebowski is better. LOL

#5865 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I've also noticed the right flipper on the Pearl has a shorter travel but I think that's by design?

#5866 5 years ago

Last night while playing I noticed the "X" standup on the Pearl was not registering (makes it really hard to get bonus multipliers). After investigating, I found the "Load" cannon standup was also dead. So both standups flanking the canon door aren't working and neither is showing up as a fault on the switch matrix. In fact, I can't even find the left Load Canon switch on the screen? Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this?

I'm assuming I'll need to remove the Pearl so I started by clipping the half dozen tie-wraps to free the Pearl wiring harness from the rest of the rat's nest, but haven't yet removed the playfield.

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Last night while playing I noticed the "X" standup on the Pearl was not registering (makes it really hard to get bonus multipliers). After investigating, I found the "Load" cannon standup was also dead. So both standups flanking the canon door aren't working and neither is showing up as a fault on the switch matrix. In fact, I can't even find the left Load Canon switch on the screen? Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this?
I'm assuming I'll need to remove the Pearl so I started by removing the half dozen tie-wraps to free the Pearl wiring harness from the rest of the rat's nest, but haven't yet removed the playfield.

Sounds like the classic broken wire/solder joint under the Pearl. Several write ups and pics of what to look for here in the thread.

#5868 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Sounds like the classic broken wire/solder joint under the Pearl. Several write ups and pics of what to look for here in the thread.

Thanks. I need to pull the ship anyway to install cliffy around map targets. I'll look for broken wires.

#5869 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Decided to listen to the episode yesterday where he talked about The Big Lebowski news (that sounds like it unfortunately isn't true now). That was a mistake. At the end of the podcast he went after Pirates owners, the game, and how Lebowski is better. LOL

I haven't listened to any of this guy's stuff. The only two pinball shows/whatever I watch/listen to with any frequency are SDTM and Buffalo Pinball. And even then, you have to make your own opinions about stuff. Deadpool, for instance, was not particularly highly rated by either show, but I enjoy it because it is loud, obnoxious, fast, has great art, and makes for a very different playing pin than my other two. I don't like it as much as Pirates, obviously, but still a lot more than the shows were suggesting.

OTOH, I tend to disagree with folks about Iron Maiden. Yeah, it shoots nice. It's a good pin. And the artwork (like Deadpool) was good Zombie Yeti stuff, for sure. But it wasn't a pin that I felt I wanted to own. And I've never much cared for the band. It was good. I'd play it on location if I saw it. But... not great, for me. Different strokes and all that. Reviews and ratings, on shows and on Pinside, only give you a general idea. And even then, some people aren't going to like an otherwise highly rated pin (like this guy and Pirates), and others will rate a low-rated pin very high (somebody gave Thunderbirds a 9 IIRC - ick). That's just how it goes.

#5870 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

I haven't listened to any of this guy's stuff. The only two pinball shows/whatever I watch/listen to with any frequency are SDTM and Buffalo Pinball. And even then, you have to make your own opinions about stuff. Deadpool, for instance, was not particularly highly rated by either show, but I enjoy it because it is loud, obnoxious, fast, has great art, and makes for a very different playing pin than my other two. I don't like it as much as Pirates, obviously, but still a lot more than the shows were suggesting.
OTOH, I tend to disagree with folks about Iron Maiden. Yeah, it shoots nice. It's a good pin. And the artwork (like Deadpool) was good Zombie Yeti stuff, for sure. But it wasn't a pin that I felt I wanted to own. And I've never much cared for the band. It was good. I'd play it on location if I saw it. But... not great, for me. Different strokes and all that. Reviews and ratings, on shows and on Pinside, only give you a general idea. And even then, some people aren't going to like an otherwise highly rated pin (like this guy and Pirates), and others will rate a low-rated pin very high (somebody gave Thunderbirds a 9 IIRC - ick). That's just how it goes.

Same here, I prefer both of those shows as well, especially SDTM. Head2Head podcast is also another good one from the few I've listened to.

#5871 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Thanks. I need to pull the ship anyway to install cliffy around map targets. I'll look for broken wires.

We had this exact issue on one machine, it was a green/brown wire.

4ADE2C82-AE86-4374-BD91-10FD3636B4A0 (resized).jpeg4ADE2C82-AE86-4374-BD91-10FD3636B4A0 (resized).jpeg
#5872 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

I haven't listened to any of this guy's stuff. The only two pinball shows/whatever I watch/listen to with any frequency are SDTM and Buffalo Pinball.

For all the nonsense and drama surrounding him - Kaneda does have some good information in his podcast and its usually worth a listen if you are interested in pinball news. You just have to take some of it with a grain of salt when he goes into his 'shock jock'/hot takes mode. He usually goes against the prevailing grain so it provides a nice counterpoint to SDTM or Buffalo (which I both enjoy too).

#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

For all the nonsense and drama surrounding him - Kaneda does have some good information in his podcast and its usually worth a listen if you are interested in pinball news. You just have to take some of it with a grain of salt when he goes into his 'shock jock'/hot takes mode. He usually goes against the prevailing grain so it provides a nice counterpoint to SDTM or Buffalo (which I both enjoy too).

I don't care for manufactured drama, so I'll pass.

#5874 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

different strokes. you do you.

#5875 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yup, just read this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda

#5876 5 years ago

Ok, back from vacation
Got caught up on this thread. Awesome to see all these new folks getting a POTC!!
Pic for fun! We went to park city Utah for the first time. Wife loves snowboarding so I don’t complain

81C22EBA-C762-4E77-9F3C-AD19A60DCE0E (resized).jpeg81C22EBA-C762-4E77-9F3C-AD19A60DCE0E (resized).jpeg
#5877 5 years ago

Oh, found this little gem too!

6215DB60-395F-4C4C-84D1-EFF618697C75 (resized).jpeg6215DB60-395F-4C4C-84D1-EFF618697C75 (resized).jpeg
#5878 5 years ago

lolwut? That is some crazy high school level crap in that thread. How does a hobby like *pinball* have problems like that? Crazy. Hard pass on all of it and everybody involved. I'm extremely confused by all of it. Back to beer and pinball on my PotC.

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

lolwut? That is some crazy high school level crap in that thread. How does a hobby like *pinball* have problems like that? Crazy. Hard pass on all of it and everybody involved. I'm extremely confused by all of it. Back to beer and pinball on my PotC.

there are crazy people in every hobby/sport that mankind has ever indulged in, especially when you add any sort of competitive aspect to it.

add the internet to the equation and its dramarama central. such is the world we live in unfortunately. thankfully its easy enough to ignore it and stay above the fray.

#5880 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

there are crazy people in every hobby/sport that mankind has ever indulged in, especially when you add any sort of competitive aspect to it.
add the internet to the equation and its dramarama central. such is the world we live in unfortunately. thankfully its easy enough to ignore it and stay above the fray.

#5881 5 years ago

I made the subway fix for multi subway drains, but I am still getting multiple balls stuck. I also noticed a screw was missing (as seen in photo) and put that in. Still getting stuck. Does the photo of my fix look correct? Any suggestions?

IMG_2699 (resized).jpgIMG_2699 (resized).jpg
#5882 5 years ago

Only a few days until TPF! Can anyone from JJP share if new POTC code will be shown there and when it may be released to the public?

#5883 5 years ago

Having several chest issues:

1) intermittently, balls stay stuck in chest especially during multi ball. If I go to coil test, I can get balls to release
2) Intermittently, forks don’t go up to allow balls to lock into chest

#5884 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

1) intermittently, balls stay stuck in chest especially during multi ball. If I go to coil test, I can get balls to release

Try adjusting the release speed. It may need to be slightly faster or slower.

Also make sure you don’t have magnetized balls.

#5885 5 years ago

I would love to see some power blades for this game maybe Sea and lightning

#5886 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I would love to see some power blades for this game maybe Sea and lightning

Yeah, there is no way I’d be spending $270 on fancy art blades that eventually get scratched, pinched, or just generally damaged. Even getting the $80 basic art blades + protectors installed is a challenge on this machine. With as tight a fit as the playfield and sides are, there is no way I’d even attempt to install that package.

#5887 5 years ago

My kind of rum.

20190319_150421 (resized).jpg20190319_150421 (resized).jpg

Quoted from ngg:

Check the screw under the chest forks coil, make sure its tight.

#5888 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Yeah, there is no way I’d be spending $270 on fancy art blades that eventually get scratched, pinched, or just generally damaged. Even getting the $80 basic art blades + protectors installed is a challenge on this machine. With as tight a fit as the playfield and sides are, there is no way I’d even attempt to install that package.

It would be a nice touch if they recessed an area 2 to 3 mil to allow for mirror blades , side blades or power blades .

#5889 5 years ago

First I want to give a shout-out to Yelobird for the modcouple's great mods, to Lermod for the amazing lighting, and TonyC for the perfect coin shooter rod. I just installed the last mod and I have to say my LE looks amazing. I have managed to squeeze in every mod out there and even did the Friday night Tutorial from Yelobird and swapped out Tortuga Jack for Davy Jones.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone out there has any new ideas on what mod we could add and where? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

#5890 5 years ago

I am still waiting on Yelobird to do something for the top of the dauntless. Maybe a couple small canons and stacks of canon balls.

#5891 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am still waiting on yelobird to do something for the top of the dauntless. Maybe a couple small canons and stacks of canon balls.

In process Promise! Hate to do teasers on products that are not for sale just not how we like to do it. Thank you So much for the input and support!!!!

#5892 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In process Promise! Hate to do teasers on products that are not for sale just not how we like to do it. Thank you So much for the input and support!!!!

Definitely interested in seeing what's coming down the pipe.

#5893 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

First I want to give a shout-out to yelobird for the modcouple's great mods, to Lermod for the amazing lighting, and tonyc for the perfect coin shooter rod. I just installed the last mod and I have to say my LE looks amazing. I have managed to squeeze in every mod out there and even did the Friday night Tutorial from yelobird and swapped out Tortuga Jack for Davy Jones.
So what I'm wondering is if anyone out there has any new ideas on what mod we could add and where? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

If I can get enough deckswabs on board I will make a limited run of this CE shooter kit.

LE owners no problem , a clean & polished pistol would suit that look better

Feel free to Pm me if interested.

Geert

28F96979-7176-463B-81FA-3AE3BA7D11CD (resized).jpeg28F96979-7176-463B-81FA-3AE3BA7D11CD (resized).jpeg044CE774-FEA0-4523-956B-787A19727CBC (resized).jpeg044CE774-FEA0-4523-956B-787A19727CBC (resized).jpeg41F8EBA1-BC9F-4368-AA43-08258D193599 (resized).jpeg41F8EBA1-BC9F-4368-AA43-08258D193599 (resized).jpeg1F452EA8-D8F8-42F5-837F-E0AADEE66A80 (resized).jpeg1F452EA8-D8F8-42F5-837F-E0AADEE66A80 (resized).jpeg4A225433-1517-44DD-8959-F565F0D7AC07 (resized).jpeg4A225433-1517-44DD-8959-F565F0D7AC07 (resized).jpeg767A18CA-C8EB-4500-9143-A1CD5A836574 (resized).png767A18CA-C8EB-4500-9143-A1CD5A836574 (resized).png
#5894 5 years ago

Count me into the group...

Just ordered the LE

#5895 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

If I can get enough deckswabs on board I will make a limited run of this CE shooter kit.
LE owners no problem , a clean & polished pistol would suit that look better
Feel free to Pm me if interested.
Geert [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool. How would that work with the three skill shots?

#5896 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Count me into the group...
Just ordered the LE

Indy!!!! Glad to see you're joining the club.

#5897 5 years ago

I thought LEs were dried up?

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I'm guessing you just pull the handle back

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm guessing you just pull the handle back

Or ... just use less black powder on the shorter skill shots.

#5900 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

He started a dedicated thread already and answered the question...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-davy-jones-shooter-#post-4893874

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/118?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.