(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 377.
#5751 5 years ago

I’m having an issue with the ball not getting a full plunge. It seems to be hitting the automatic plunger when I pull the plunger. If I turn the knob a bit one way or the other it goes back to normal. Any ideas?

#5752 5 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

I’m having an issue with the ball not getting a full plunge. It seems to be hitting the automatic plunger when I pull the plunger. If I turn the knob a bit one way or the other it goes back to normal. Any ideas?

I had this problem myself. I was able to solve it by loosening the plunger assembly and moving it down a bit.

#5753 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

yea i have to think that TPF is where the next version of the code comes out. i can't recall anything from the Dead Flip stream that stood out as a major change in the code but its been awhile since i watched it.
i'm guessing we'll finally have the final wizard mode, some MB adjustments and likely some character balancing.

Yeah, I don't recall seeing any of the wizard modes reached during the stream and would have skipped ahead of them anyway as to not be spoiled. Right now I'm really just hoping for polish to the game and then the "Break the Curse" super wizard mode to be added. Additional choreography for the wizard modes (light shows, machine going nuts once beaten, etc) would be great see to help make them more of a big set piece moment.

#5754 5 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Your playfield hooks have likely bent from the weight of the playfield, which lowers the auto-plunge bracket into the path of the manual plunger. Lift the playfield onto the service rails and bend the two hooks down a little. This commonly happens over time with JJP machines we've had (except WoZ). I don't know why they don't use harder metal on the hooks so they don't bend over time.

#5755 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I see that post, but don't fully understand where the screw goes, or how it fixes the issue. Can anyone explain in more detail, possibly with a detailed photo or 2?
Thanks in advance!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/57#post-4779525

#5756 5 years ago

OK this is not pin related but I thought some others would like to see the modern day Black Pearl. It think Captain Jack would be proud.

#5757 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your playfield hooks have likely bent from the weight of the playfield, which lowers the auto-plunge bracket into the path of the manual plunger. Lift the playfield onto the service rails and bend the two hooks down a little. This commonly happens over time with JJP machines we've had (except WoZ). I don't know why they don't use harder metal on the hooks so they don't bend over time.

Anyone replace with better hooks? If so what did you use?

#5758 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Anyone replace with better hooks? If so what did you use?

I haven't looked that hard. On location, I just bend them back every 6 months or so when it becomes a problem again.

But if someone comes up with better hooks that don't bend over time, I'd definitely buy them.

#5761 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We created new hooks before POTC because of this issue. Likely just need to adjust the shooter housing down a bit. Pretty sure you could hang a semi from these hooks now and not bend them. You will see if you pull the apron on Pirates vs Hobbit, for example.

#5762 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

We created new hooks before POTC because of this issue. Likely just need to adjust the shooter housing down a bit. Pretty sure you could hang a semi from these hooks now and not bend them. You will see if you pull the apron on Pirates vs Hobbit, for example.

Can we buy the new hooks , for example The Hobbit to avoid any future possible problems

#5763 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Thanks for info haven't had any problems with mine.

#5764 5 years ago

Hello to all pirates Owners,

did anybody play the final wizard mode yet ?
i played all 5 mini wizard modes after you played them you have to play all the multiballs again ... so far not a big deal ... except the CHEST MULITBALL
u cant activate the chest lock any more ... has anybody an idea ? JJP ? what says the code ? BUG ?

and is it ment to be that u can combine the yellow wizard mode with the Tortuga Multiball ? cause its possible ... did anybody else combine another wizard mode with the tortuge MB ?
and how is it possible to increase the SUPER X multiplicator in the lower left corner on the mainscreen ?
hope to get a few answers

#5765 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben41:

i played all 5 mini wizard modes after you played them you have to play all the multiballs again ... so far not a big deal ... except the CHEST MULITBALL
u cant activate the chest lock any more ... has anybody an idea ? JJP ? what says the code ? BUG ?
and is it ment to be that u can combine the yellow wizard mode with the Tortuga Multiball ? cause its possible ... did anybody else combine another wizard mode with the tortuge MB ?
and how is it possible to increase the SUPER X multiplicator in the lower left corner on the mainscreen ?

I don't believe the super wizard mode "Break the Curse" is coded into the game yet. All 5 movie multiballs and Tortuga multiball can be played together. The 5 wizard modes though are each a standalone mode and are played separately from all other modes.

#5766 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben41:

CHEST MULITBALL

Yes - if you go back several pages or search for posts by Keefer (the lead game programmer), he posted that the bug will be fixed in the next software release.

#5767 5 years ago

Now have the mods, all 5 movies, and even some rum (may need more, bottle is half empty) but no game haha. I'm hoping to have my LE delivered by the end of next week.

20190317_111228 (resized).jpg20190317_111228 (resized).jpg

#5768 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben41:

- Final wizard mode isn't in the game.

- All multiballs can be combined/stacked. Tortuga can stack on wizard modes

- Super X/playfield X is increased via mystery rewards and PIRATE lane rollovers.

#5769 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

We have a Pirates LE coming in, so looking forward to checking this out.

Any idea why WoZ ECLE (and maybe RR) never did this? It's the only JJP that we had that didn't have the problem.

#5770 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have a Pirates LE coming in, so looking forward to checking this out.
Any idea why WoZ ECLE (and maybe RR) never did this? It's the only JJP that we had that didn't have the problem.

Pirates weigh more than witches?

#5771 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No idea. I don't think Dialed In weighs more than WoZ, though, and it does it, too. Hobbit, I understand. Those individually controlled targets and 4 pop ups add a lot of weight.

#5772 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No idea. I don't think Dialed In weighs more than WoZ, though, and it does it, too. Hobbit, I understand. Those individually controlled targets and 4 pop ups add a lot of weight.

I was kidding. But no doubt martians weigh less than witches, Pirates weigh more then both and don't get me started on heavy those trolls and hobbits weigh!!!

#5773 5 years ago

I just wanted to say to everyone in this topic Thank You especially @zaphx! I am very new to this hobby as I got into it last August with SW Premium and as of January JJP POTC CE Squidward Edition(well, that’s what I convinced my 4yr old daughter to call it ). Yelobird I am looking for the right Squidward toy to replace Tom.
Although I have not had any issues that have been defined in this topic, knock on wood, but if I do I know where to go for the fix. I absolutely love this game and at my current skill level, what’s below beginner level called?, it will be a long time before I get bored.
Anyways, my buddy and I are going to TPF and was wondering if anyone from here is meeting up anywhere? Just though that could be a fun idea. Wait, did I just turn this forum into some weird internet dating thing?? Ugh, I’m terrible at this internet thing....

#5774 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I just wanted to say to everyone in this topic Thank You especially zaphx! I am very new to this hobby as I got into it last August with SW Premium and as of January JJP POTC CE Squidward Edition(well, that’s what I convinced my 4yr old daughter to call it ). yelobird I am looking for the right Squidward toy to replace Tom.
Although I have not had any issues that have been defined in this topic, knock on wood, but if I do I know where to go for the fix. I absolutely love this game and at my current skill level, what’s below beginner level called?, it will be a long time before I get bored.
Anyways, my buddy and I are going to TPF and was wondering if anyone from here is meeting up anywhere? Just though that could be a fun idea. Wait, did I just turn this forum into some weird internet dating thing?? Ugh, I’m terrible at this internet thing....

LordHelmet I am very happy that you’re sailing smoothly! That’s been my hope for all of us pirates on this voyage.

I am going to TPF and would love to say hi.

#5775 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Anyways, my buddy and I are going to TPF and was wondering if anyone from here is meeting up anywhere? Just though that could be a fun idea.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-tpf-meet-and-greet-party

LTG : )

#5776 5 years ago

Thanks @ltg. See I am horrible at this internet thing.

#5777 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They said witches float , tossed my woz in the water, sunk like a pirate..

#5778 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Thanks ltg. See I am horrible at this internet thing.

Just wear that Dark Helmet costume and we will find you. Lol. Welcome aboard just remember rules are more like bylaws, we are simple Pirates having fun with the best dam machine ever made!

#5779 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just wear that Dark Helmet costume and we will find you. Lol. Welcome aboard just remember rules are more like bylaws, we are simple Pirates having fun with the best dam machine ever made!

I don't think it's designed to hold back water.

#5780 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Can we buy the new hooks , for example The Hobbit to avoid any future possible problems

Unfortunately, no. They would require cutting your apron due to being mounted differently.

#5781 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I just wanted to say to everyone in this topic Thank You especially zaphx! I am very new to this hobby as I got into it last August with SW Premium and as of January JJP POTC CE Squidward Edition(well, that’s what I convinced my 4yr old daughter to call it ). yelobird I am looking for the right Squidward toy to replace Tom.

welcome to the club- I’m supposed to get my POTC this week. Love spaceballs, it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Check out this pin

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spaceballs-the-pin

#5782 5 years ago

Yeah it’s one of my favorites as well. That is awesome AND he’s going to attempt Rick & Morty, love it. Wish I had spare time and access to a cnc machine, oh and talent for that.

#5783 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Unfortunately, no. They would require cutting your apron due to being mounted differently.

No worries . Thanks for the reply .

#5784 5 years ago

You know, the more I play this game, the more I think my rating of 9.3 is too low. There is so much replayability here - it's the ultimate home use pin. I don't know if folks who route them or put them in bars/whatever have the same thought - because this game does have a non-trivial learning curve. But for HUO... I don't think a better pin exists. If one does, I've never played it.

The upper loop shot is one of the most satisfying repeat shots ever. The upper playfield is the best upper I've played. The music has REALLY grown on me - especially the drunken sailor mix for tortuga multiball (and the echoing, faded chorus when it's ready to start is an amazing touch). The game over music... perfect. Sounds and voiceovers... flawless. Backbox animations second only to Hobbit - and the extra ball animation is epic.

The cannon... my son is always so excited to watch when it loads and I sink the Dauntless. Whoever thought that up was a genius.

Character selection is a nice touch. And plundering... looooool love it.

This is the GOAT. At least for home use, I think. JJP set the bar really high on this.

#5785 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

You know, the more I play this game, the more I think my rating of 9.3 is too low. There is so much replayability here - it's the ultimate home use pin. I don't know if folks who route them or put them in bars/whatever have the same thought - because this game does have a non-trivial learning curve. But for HUO... I don't think a better pin exists. If one does, I've never played it.
The upper loop shot is one of the most satisfying repeat shots ever. The upper playfield is the best upper I've played. The music has REALLY grown on me - especially the drunken sailor mix for tortuga multiball (and the echoing, faded chorus when it's ready to start is an amazing touch). The game over music... perfect. Sounds and voiceovers... flawless. Backbox animations second only to Hobbit - and the extra ball animation is epic.
The cannon... my son is always so excited to watch when it loads and I sink the Dauntless. Whoever thought that up was a genius.
Character selection is a nice touch. And plundering... looooool love it.
This is the GOAT. At least for home use, I think. JJP set the bar really high on this.

Couldn’t agree more with everything said here.

/me waves at Kaneda

#5786 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Couldn’t agree more with everything said here.
/me waves at Kaneda

I realize that you 'did good' with the podcast but there is still way too much energy spent on Kaneda, honestly.

I had a friend come over who had yet to try POTC in person and he was making reference to the shite Kaneda was spewing. I just thought that it was unfortunate that his first experience was trying to relate or figure out what Kaneda had said/claimed. I couldn't believe it.

As he doesn't own the pin and has only played it the one time, apparently long enough (or just enough) to form an opinion, can we all just leave that A-ho' out of this club thread, pretty please?

#5788 5 years ago

Greatest
Of
All
Time

#5789 5 years ago
No WD-40 (resized).jpgNo WD-40 (resized).jpg
#5790 5 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the target ship switch getting stuck a lot?

#5791 5 years ago

Hello again,

first of all, thank u for your quick answers.
you can combine any wizard Mode with the Tortuga MB - seems to be a bug (Keefer said)

GOAT .....greatest of all time (not sure yet ... depends on the final code

another Question has someone the sideblades from TILT Graphics you can find on mezel mods ... and could please post
a few pictures so that i can compare (the wodden style with the water/kraken style)
thank u

water_kraken_style (resized).pngwater_kraken_style (resized).pngwooden_style (resized).pngwooden_style (resized).png
#5792 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben41:

Hello again,
first of all, thank u for your quick answers.
you can combine any wizard Mode with the Tortuga MB - seems to be a bug (Keefer said)
GOAT .....greatest of all time (not sure yet ... depends on the final code
another Question has someone the sideblades from TILT Graphics you can find on mezel mods ... and could please post
a few pictures so that i can compare (the wodden style with the water/kraken style)
thank u [quoted image][quoted image]

I also like the Pingraffix blades. They match the apron to a tee.

IMG_2315 (resized).PNGIMG_2315 (resized).PNG
#5793 5 years ago

Played in a tournament yesterday and it was the first I've played with Pirates in the lineup and it ended up being played twice by the groups I was in.

Honestly it wasn't even really fair for the other people that I was playing against. The character selection just seems to be way too gamebreaking for an experienced player vs. somebody who isn't as familiar with the game. I can only compare it to something like the shot multipliers on Star Wars.

Picked Blackbeard both games and easily put up well over a million while other players were struggling to break 100,000k. And some of these players are vastly better pinball players that I am.

Does this game have a 'tournament setting' in the operators menu? If not, are there any plans to put something in with the 1.0 code? I know its possible to tweak everything to a persons liking but it would be nice to see an official setting from JJP/Eric.

A few simple things that would be nice to see for tournaments.

- Plundering needs to be gone - its easy enough to just skip it, but it ends up wasting a mystery reward

- The same character should be available for everybody to pick

- Character's negative traits should be shown on the character selection screen (some of the guys i was playing with didn't even realize that some of the characters have negative traits)

- Multiball starts and re-starts need to be made dramatically more difficult and possibly remove the ability to stack

Anyways. Just some random thoughts I had while playing yesterday.

Anybody else played Pirates in a tournament setting yet?

#5794 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Played in a tournament yesterday and it was the first I've played with Pirates in the lineup and it ended up being played twice by the groups I was in.
Honestly it wasn't even really fair for the other people that I was playing against. The character selection just seems to be way too gamebreaking for an experienced player vs. somebody who isn't as familiar with the game. I can only compare it to something like the shot multipliers on Star Wars.
Picked Blackbeard both games and easily put up well over a million while other players were struggling to break 100,000k. And some of these players are vastly better pinball players that I am.
Does this game have a 'tournament setting' in the operators menu? If not, are there any plans to put something in with the 1.0 code? I know its possible to tweak everything to a persons liking but it would be nice to see an official setting from JJP/Eric.
A few simple things that would be nice to see for tournaments.
- Plundering needs to be gone - its easy enough to just skip it, but it ends up wasting a mystery reward
- The same character should be available for everybody to pick
- Character's negative traits should be shown on the character selection screen (some of the guys i was playing with didn't even realize that some of the characters have negative traits)
- Multiball starts and re-starts need to be made dramatically more difficult and possibly remove the ability to stack
Anyways. Just some random thoughts I had while playing yesterday.
Anybody else played Pirates in a tournament setting yet?

A tournament mode where character powers/attributes were disabled, and plundering was also disabled, would probably serve for this. I imagine that wouldn't be terribly hard to do (although I suppose that depends on how character powers are programmed).

I haven't played in a tournament setting, though, and I'm not sure I care to. I do play a lot of 2 - 4 player games with friends, and yes, knowing character powers gives me a huge leg up initially. But as my friends and family have become familiar with the machine, that advantage evaporates. My father, and my friend Mike have already figured this out, and have their favorite characters based on play style.

#5795 5 years ago

The character negative traits really need to be shown on either the main LCD or mini LCD, ideally on the same screen would be nice. Theres far too many characters to remember their negative trait. I hope this is added in future code.

Regarding tournament settings I would agree with allowing any character to be picked by multiple players. At least have it as an option. Plundering I believe can be disabled but it should then result in a plundering map award not occurring (not sure if this occurs today or when it does it just doesn't plunder) and an alternate award appearing instead.

I would not have a tournament setting disable character powers as that's a huge part of the game and is critical to the games strategy. Allowing any character to be picked multiple times for a tournament setting would resolve any balancing issues.

#5796 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The character negative traits really need to be shown on either the main LCD or mini LCD, ideally on the same screen would be nice. Theres far too many characters to remember their negative trait. I hope this is added in future code.
Regarding tournament settings I would agree with allowing any character to be picked by multiple players. At least have it as an option. Plundering I believe can be disabled but it should then result in a plundering map award not occurring (not sure if this occurs today or when it does it just doesn't plunder) and an alternate award appearing instead.
I would not have a tournament setting disable character powers as that's a huge part of the game and is critical to the games strategy. Allowing any character to be picked multiple times for a tournament setting would resolve any balancing issues.

I suppose that'd be fine. Then again, tournament settings aren't high on my list anyway. I like the fact that, in casual settings, you can't pick the same character twice.

#5797 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

I suppose that'd be fine. Then again, tournament settings aren't high on my list anyway. I like the fact that, in casual settings, you can't pick the same character twice.

Yeah, same, for a non tournament setting not being able to pick the same character twice adds some fun to games.

#5798 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone else having issues with the target ship switch getting stuck a lot?

Two possible causes:

1. You haven't hit it in a while. Supposedly, if you don't hit it in X amount of games, it thinks there is a problem. Hit it a couple times in the switch test mode. All good. Also... play better (not trying to be rude at all - literally, you have to play better for the problem to go away permanently).

2. It's getting stuck a bit when you lower the playfield back in place. This happened to me a couple times. The wire sleeve behind the playfield sometimes pushes it into a slight angle, if you lower the playfield wrong. This can cause the ship to stick. Raising and lowering playfield more carefully (watch the wire sleeve!) will fix.

#5799 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Two possible causes:
1. You haven't hit it in a while. Supposedly, if you don't hit it in X amount of games, it thinks there is a problem. Hit it a couple times in the switch test mode. All good. Also... play better (not trying to be rude at all - literally, you have to play better for the problem to go away permanently).
2. It's getting stuck a bit when you lower the playfield back in place. This happened to me a couple times. The wire sleeve behind the playfield sometimes pushes it into a slight angle, if you lower the playfield wrong. This can cause the ship to stick. Raising and lowering playfield more carefully (watch the wire sleeve!) will fix.

Hey, I hit it every game.
When I get the error, I pull the glass and push on the ship and it clears. Play a few games and it sticks again. I think I've only lifted the playfield when I first got the game a few weeks ago. I'll have to check that.
Latest error I have changed to the "bullseye" target. Not sure how to check that yet. It happened right when I had to leave yesterday, so I'll take a look at that tonight.

#5800 5 years ago

I had to move the wire loom on the back wall to the right as to not interfere with that switch.I used gorilla tape to fasten it.No more errors

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/116?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.