(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 378.
#5701 5 years ago

@lermods did you make a light for the dauntless hole?

#5702 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

@lermods did you make a light for the dauntless hole?

i didn't, but I can if you can send me pics of the hole from the top and bottom of the playfield. Does it need to be interactive or on all the time? Interactive is harder with newer games as everything runs off light boards.

#5703 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Your chest registers balls with that foam piece? I put mine in multiplaces and tried to get it as high in there as possible, still wouldn’t register any balls. I will relevel as I need to level my back of the game too, what level are you at?

Yes, and I haven't touched the foam at all. Chest worked great out of the box. I'm at 6.5 degrees.

#5704 5 years ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

There is indeed a foam strip along the rear of the chest, separate from the shipping foam. I'd say you should verify game leveling before attempting to trim it.
Also, about your screen blackout- you are now the third or fourth person (including me!) To experience a single non-repeating instance of this. For me it was after my second game, still has never happened again. Weird!
[quoted image]

How nicely cut your foam strip is.

On my CE the installer didn't give a rats ass, they ripped the stripp off of the roll of foam tape by hand, looks "very" nice....

#5705 5 years ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

Yes, and I haven't touched the foam at all. Chest worked great out of the box. I'm at 6.5 degrees.

I'm guessing the foam is as high as possible in there? The piece in this game was just sitting in the chest, not stuck to anything but sticky on the back.

#5706 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

More people have received games and may not have seen our lighted chest mod with controllable dimmer. Apologies for the spam.
https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

Can you post one with the red light? I'm picking up one at TPF anyway, but I really can't decide with only seeing the gold.

#5707 5 years ago

Now if someone could figure out how to mod the trunk to open and close like JJP had originally intended!

#5708 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Now if someone could figure out how to mod the trunk to open and close like JJP had originally intended!

That mod would kick ass and I would totally buy it!

Seems doable. The signal to open/close the trunk is the same one that runs the fork.

#5709 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That mod would kick ass and I would totally buy it!
Seems doable. The signal to open/close the trunk is the same one that runs the fork.

Exactly! I think the complexity would be the solenoids to raise/lock and unlock. Unlike Houdini where the trunk only needs to remain open for a few seconds (temporarily energized coil), this would require a locking mech, and with limited space that could be tricky.

#5710 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So I finally got to this tonight. The cannon rail is only held in by 4 screws. There isn’t much play in it but enough to unscrew a little, twist the right direction (toward my thumb in the pic) and tighten back down. This was enough for me to realign and get a center shot repeatedly.
It is the 4 screws by the u channel, not the 4 nuts. Unfortunately in the pic my cannon mod covers the other side screws.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the advice VillaThrills but I actually tried that last weekend and was not able to move if far enough where it made any difference.
I cut and taped a piece of sheet metal to the inside of the cannon shooting lane as temporary fix to guide the ball towards the hole but we need is JJP to address the problem and provide a solution.

#5711 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Can you post one with the red light? I'm picking up one at TPF anyway, but I really can't decide with only seeing the gold.

I have the red one and it is set to a slow flash. Kinda mimics a heartbeat. Looks really good and my son loves it.

#5712 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I have the red one and it is set to a slow flash. Kinda mimics a heartbeat. Looks really good and my son loves it.

I went with the gold. It’s a gold chest after all

#5713 5 years ago

I can also recommend the Depths & Bayou light mods they look good too. Particularly the depths the blue fits in very well there. Green on the bayou is good to but it kind shades the ramp a little green as well but still looks good.

#5714 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can you upload a video of it? That would be awesome

#5715 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Exactly! I think the complexity would be the solenoids to raise/lock and unlock. Unlike Houdini where the trunk only needs to remain open for a few seconds (temporarily energized coil), this would require a locking mech, and with limited space that could be tricky.

Well, the fork already has a locking mech. Any time the fork is up, chest should be open and vice versa.

So if we could somehow tie an open/close mechanism to the fork we’re golden.

#5716 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We’ve mostly sold gold, a few reds. If it had a beating heart, I’d say red like in the stern version, my preference is gold too.

No pics of red, unfortunately.

Quoted from javagrind888:

#5717 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would want it to be interactive so when a ball is ready to be locked the chests glows red..

#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I would want it to be interactive so when a ball is ready to be locked the chests glows red..

Lermods has some cool stuff. I added the trough light, a bunch of Munsters stuff and the GB ecto car

#5719 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Unfortunately not interactive its red all the time but it still looks good on the game IMHO.

Not as good as your shooter rod though

#5720 5 years ago

I'm in the same boat as @ramjet. can't get the cannon over after loosening it. Any pics Ramjet of the cannon and how you taped the sheet metal?

#5721 5 years ago

Does anyone have a fix for multiple balls getting stuck in the depths during multiball?

#5722 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Does anyone have a fix for multiple balls getting stuck in the depths during multiball?

Many posts in this thread, yes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/50#post-4758736

#5723 5 years ago

New issue.....
Intermittently when a ball drains sdtm with the ball save light on, ball will not be put back into shooter lane. Machine goes into ballsearch mode then acts as if ball was drained. Next ball is then given.
Thoughts?

#5724 5 years ago

Wiggle connectors on trough boards with trough empty in matrix switch test. Create some vibration see if you get any false trough readings

#5725 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

And the fix is now shipping on new POTC from factory.

#5726 5 years ago

I made this fix today, and am no longer getting multiple balls stuck in multiballs. However, it seems like a single ball got stuck a few times in the couple games I played. Has anyone else had this happen?

#5727 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

New issue.....
Intermittently when a ball drains sdtm with the ball save light on, ball will not be put back into shooter lane. Machine goes into ballsearch mode then acts as if ball was drained. Next ball is then given.
Thoughts?

For me balls were not rolling down completely in the trough. Dirty trough from waxing. Possible magnetized balls too.

#5728 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

New, as in within the past month of being manufactured?

#5729 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

New issue.....
Thoughts?

Make sure you don't have magnetized balls, which can slow or stop the ball in the trough so it doesn't get to home. You can use a steel paperclip to check.

#5730 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Only new standards left to be made before they're done, last I heard.

#5731 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Only new standards left to be made before they're done, last I heard.

My 2/4/19 LE had the subway fix....

#5732 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

For me balls were not rolling down completely in the trough. Dirty trough from waxing. Possible magnetized balls too.

Yeah, good points. I would recommend the plastic trough shim from Marco Specialities if there's trough magnetism issues. I put one in my Dialed In LE and use Ball Baron Ninja Chrome balls in it without issue (solved trough magnetism issue I was having). I'm planning to put a trough shim in Pirates LE and use Ninja Chromes as well.

#5733 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would recommend the plastic trough shim from Marco Specialities if there's trough magnetism issues.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=ball+trough+shim

LTG : )

#5734 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Make sure you don't have magnetized balls, which can slow or stop the ball in the trough so it doesn't get to home. You can use a steel paperclip to check.

I’ve had two sets of balls, from two different companies magnetize in POTC. will it ever end?

#5735 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, the fork already has a locking mech. Any time the fork is up, chest should be open and vice versa.
So if we could somehow tie an open/close mechanism to the fork we’re golden.

I’d like to see this mod happen as well. The removal of this bothered me more than the discgate!

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I’ve had two sets of balls, from two different companies magnetize in POTC. will it ever end?

Were they carbon steel or "chrome" balls?

#5737 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Were they carbon steel or "chrome" balls?

I would have to research...but, one set was Ninja’s from Mezel mods. and the other set was from Titan pinball from a couple years back.

#5738 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I would have to research...but, one set was Ninja’s from Mezel mods. and the other set was from Titan pinball from a couple years back.

Ninja balls are a no-no in games with magnets. They even have a disclaimer on their page for them about it.

Basically, the "chrome" balls magnetize faster.

#5739 5 years ago

I use steel carbon balls from ball baron. Never had an issue.

#5740 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ninja balls are a no-no in games with magnets. They even have a disclaimer on their page for them about it.
Basically, the "chrome" balls magnetize faster.

How bout these? they advertise resistance to residual magnetism...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

#5741 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

How bout these? they advertise resistance to residual magnetism...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

I've bought Marco pinballs in the past and never had any problems with them. They're not cheap, though!

#5742 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I haven't looked too closely at the chest in my machine... Does the chest itself still have hinges to open/close and it's just propped open, or would a whole new chest be needed?

#5743 5 years ago

I wonder if we will hear about new code next week with the Texas Pinball Festival being held next weekend? A month ago on a Dead Flip Pirates stream Keith mentioned they were getting closer to a 1.0 release.

#5744 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if we will hear about new code next week with the Texas Pinball Festival being held next weekend? A month ago on a Dead Flip Pirates stream Keith mentioned they were getting closer to a 1.0 release.

yea i have to think that TPF is where the next version of the code comes out. i can't recall anything from the Dead Flip stream that stood out as a major change in the code but its been awhile since i watched it.

i'm guessing we'll finally have the final wizard mode, some MB adjustments and likely some character balancing.

#5745 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I haven't looked too closely at the chest in my machine... Does the chest itself still have hinges to open/close and it's just propped open, or would a whole new chest be needed?

No hinge, just a metal bracket.

#5746 5 years ago

I see that post, but don't fully understand where the screw goes, or how it fixes the issue. Can anyone explain in more detail, possibly with a detailed photo or 2?

Thanks in advance!

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I see that post, but don't fully understand where the screw goes, or how it fixes the issue. Can anyone explain in more detail, possibly with a detailed photo or 2?
Thanks in advance!

I haven't done it yet myself, but I think the picture on comment #4968 (3rd picture down of the screw/post pushing against the plastic subway) and the description on comment #5265 are general idea of what needs to be done.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/100#post-4867175

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/106#post-4874225

#5748 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I haven't done it yet myself, but I think the picture on comment #4968 (3rd picture down of the screw/post pushing against the plastic subway) and the description on comment #5265 are general idea of what needs to be done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/100#post-4867175
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/106#post-4874225

Thanks, super helpful!

#5749 5 years ago

There are settings for difficulties on each multi ball. I increased the difficulty on all multi ball qualifiers by one except the trunk and the game feels much better now.

Also, as suggested I used Norrington for the first time yesterday and finally saw two wizard modes in my first try! Thanks for that suggestion.

#5750 5 years ago

Got out a long time ago on a CE.....but I'm happy to say I'm back and in on a LE! Now only a short wait lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.