(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 377.
#5651 5 years ago

Pirates could be produced again later so it’s not necessarily over for good. Also, Hobbit main production run was 10 months basically (with very short runs after that to add a few more Black Arrows) so this is not unheard of at all. DI main run was extended longer than anticipated while Pirates was getting ready for production also, otherwise it would have been shorter for sure.

#5652 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Pirates could be produced again later so it’s not necessarily over for good. Also, Hobbit main production run was 10 months basically (with very short runs after that to add a few more Black Arrows) so this is not unheard of at all. DI main run was extended longer than anticipated while Pirates was getting ready for production also, otherwise it would have been shorter for sure.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. If they’re cutting production so soon it obviously means it’s not a financial gain for them to run this game. So why would they go ahead and release it a second time.

#5653 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I wouldn’t hold my breath. If they’re cutting production so soon it obviously means it’s not a financial gain for them to run this game. So why would they go ahead and release it a second time.

Agreed.....I still think that having to eat all those 3 ring playfields when the original design changed had to hurt JJP's bottom line more than we will ever know.

#5654 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Also, the assets acquisition was so bad they fired a guy. Yeah, I think this is going to be a short run rare game.

#5655 5 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Really would like to get an LE. Don't seem to be any available. Let me know if anyone knows of some.

Yes Pinballs.com/automated services has LE’s in stock and available

#5656 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Also, the assets acquisition was so bad they fired a guy. Yeah, I think this is going to be a short run rare game.

By assets acquisition, do you mean the license assets? Or physical assets?

#5657 5 years ago

I wonder what the total production run will be, between all variants? Anybody have a ballpark idea?

#5658 5 years ago

There's always the secondary market.

Quoted from indybru:

I'm hugely disappointed production of this game is being discontinued. I can't understand with all the time, effort, game play instruction production is ending after one year?
I personally own 3 JJP games (LE's & RR) and they take the bulk of my playing time because they are so awesome. I recently sold my lotr because when I bought DI end of last year I wasn't playing DI enough. It would have been nice to have Pirates as an option to buy later this year after the dust settles with what I own. Oh well.

#5659 5 years ago

The game has been on the line since September? October? Maybe all 1000 LE's are made already?

#5660 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

By assets acquisition, do you mean the license assets? Or physical assets?

According to the podcasts I've listened to, a guy was let go for the a horribly bad deal on license acquisitions for the game.

#5661 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes Pinballs.com/automated services has LE’s in stock and available

I can't help it if they tell me they don't when I call. Good help is hard to find apparently.

#5662 5 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I can't help it if they tell me they don't when I call. Good help is hard to find apparently.

Joe at pinballstar posted this AM that he has LEs so get in touch with him if you want one

#5663 5 years ago

Already did! Thanks! Game is ordered!

#5664 5 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Congrats!! You are going to love it.

#5665 5 years ago

According to the podcasts I've listened to, a guy was let go for the a horribly bad deal on license acquisitions for the game.

It sure is an odd license tier. No scenes from the film with the actors' faces, nor the main PotC theme song.

That being said, JJP did an amazing job given those two limitations. I find I am actually glad that they did not use the PotC movie theme song. That has tendency to get stuck in my head. Although, it is too bad they couldn't use "A Pirates Life for Me". That one song would have made all the difference in making the theme stick, I think.

The lack of actors in the backbox video is a bit of a let down, but has the side effect of making this pin attractive to those who like a more generic pirate theme - and aren't fans of the movies. So again, not all bad.

What you say makes sense, though. The license was just odd. I think everyone was wondering about that while, also (like me) appreciating how much they did within the license limitations. I get the sense that they pushed that boundary to the absolute limit.

The theme still wound up being a big plus for me on this pin, overall. It's just, they could have made this a GOAT pin, I think, with just a little bit more theme integration. As it is... still #4! Not bad.

#5666 5 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Just ordered mine a few days ago. Looks like we get to wait in excitement and anticipation for our new pins!

#5667 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

...the lack of actors in the backbox video is a bit of a let down, but has the side effect of making this pin attractive to those who like a more generic pirate theme - and aren't fans of the movies. So again, not all bad.

Tis the only reason I bought it, Matey. Yarr.

#5668 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Agreed.....I still think that having to eat all those 3 ring playfields when the original design changed had to hurt JJP's bottom line more than we will ever know.

Not sure how many PFs they ran but they could easily sell these off at a reasonable price as wall-art.

I don't know how many they actually made, can't be a lot IMO.

#5669 5 years ago

As someone who isn't really a big fan of the Pirates movies, the lack of characters on the display (in video clips) does not bother me one bit...in fact I kind of prefer it. Needless to say, still a terrible licensing deal.

FYI - Just joined the club yesterday!

#5670 5 years ago

The rumor I heard (and am spreading) is that Christopher at #KingPinGames and his brother Eric didn't want to share this amazing marvel with anyone and hoarded ALL of them into a cave in WI! Last I heard they were building a pirate fort with the boxes and created their own pirate codex to live by in hiding. Its the internet so it Must be true!!!

df0ff33f266f32214d219b927452e45fc1dffeaee2a32c2df03cac793d08d36a (resized).jpgdf0ff33f266f32214d219b927452e45fc1dffeaee2a32c2df03cac793d08d36a (resized).jpg

#5671 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The rumor I heard (and am spreading) is that Christopher at #KingPinGames and his brother Eric didn't want to share this amazing marvel with anyone and hoarded ALL of them into a cave in WI! Last I heard they were building a pirate fort with the boxes and created their own pirate codex to live by in hiding. Its the internet so it Must be true!!!
[quoted image]

loooooooooooooooooooooool

#5672 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

Sounds legit.

#5673 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

its-on-the-internet-it-must-be-true-kermit-9256355 (resized).pngits-on-the-internet-it-must-be-true-kermit-9256355 (resized).png
#5674 5 years ago

JJP should run this game later, without the license. In other words, new art, change up the display and sounds, but same layout. Maybe even keep it Pirate themed. This layout is too good to let go if people still want them. I think an original IP reskin of this game would be great.

#5675 5 years ago

If that were to happen it would just be run again with the license on it as it is.

#5676 5 years ago

Finally saw wizard 5 on @cextion’s twitch stream!

Now that I’ve seen it firsthand I don’t think it is a placeholder as I previously thought.

I won’t describe it as to not spoil it!

#5677 5 years ago

Just got my headphone jack and cable to install on se. installed bracket connected to wiring hanging there in box. Volume control works but headphone jack does not. Also got a cable with it, its got 9 pins on it, back of plug has 10. does this sound right? I looked in menu and didnt see anything about turning on or off headphone jack volume. did see adjust volume, did that . still nothing . Forgot to mention that when i do adjust the volume with headphone plugged in it does say adjust headphone jack volume.What am i missing? thx

#5678 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If that is the cause of the problem and the fix to the issue well done . I'm surprised none of the experts have thought of this , as this has been an ongoing problem here for ages .

95% sure this is the fix for this particular described problem as the symptoms are the same as what happens when the bracket begins to bend from the weight of the playfield and I've seen this a number of times with JJP games (never WoZ for some reason, though), and once with AP Houdini. It's an easy fix, but it's irritating since harder playfield hook metal would fix it.

#5679 5 years ago

i use Henry turner. Find him to be best for finishing chapters. start a multi ball and keep hitting start chapter. the balls flying around hit the spot character target and wipe out the chapter faster.

jjp needs to update code so u can not start tortuga multiball in wizard mode. makes it too easy to finish.

#5680 5 years ago

I found the game settings where you choose the difficulty to start each multi-ball. I increased them all by one. Interestingly enough, these aren't changed by game difficulty presets. I'm going to see how it plays now...

#5681 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I have had the same problem from day one so I submitted a support ticket about this on January 14th and have heard absolutely nothing back from JJP!
I would imagine that other people have the same problem but probably think they are not timing their shot correctly and don't realize that the two ships are not aligned like they should be. I'm hoping more people start bringing this to JJP's attention so that it can be addressed with some type of fix.

So I finally got to this tonight. The cannon rail is only held in by 4 screws. There isn’t much play in it but enough to unscrew a little, twist the right direction (toward my thumb in the pic) and tighten back down. This was enough for me to realign and get a center shot repeatedly.

It is the 4 screws by the u channel, not the 4 nuts. Unfortunately in the pic my cannon mod covers the other side screws.

69F1B7D3-D502-4686-9E90-FB051BB7DFBD (resized).jpeg69F1B7D3-D502-4686-9E90-FB051BB7DFBD (resized).jpeg

#5682 5 years ago

That looks like a great idea @villathrills! Going to give it a shot (pun intended) tomorrow.

#5683 5 years ago

After waiting forever I should be getting my POTC LE in about two weeks! Hope no major issues out of the box. Definitely concerned about that but hoping for the best.

#5684 5 years ago

New owner report. Got my game on Wednesday - built on date of 02/07/19. Prior to owning I had about half a dozen games on it at shows. Didn't get to play a whole lot on delivery day but spent about 3 hours last night. LOVING the game so far! It is so much fun. I really enjoy the multitude of unique shots (and there is a lot), and they are all fun to hit! Definitely feel this is one of the best upper playfields ever. Some upper playfields are a drag, but this one is fun to shoot. Obviously still in the honeymoon phase, but it's feeling like a long term keeper.

So far (knock on wood) my machine has been solid and free of major issues. The ball was getting stuck in the "T" inlane, so I had to bend the metal inlane divider a bit. The ball was also getting stuck by the pop bumper and spotlight by the extra ball shot - again, just needed to bend the spotlight up. When I lock a ball in the chest, the ball is not rolling to the left of the chest without a good shake. I think I just need to trim the foam pad by the entrance a bit. These have all been extremely minor things. The only concerning thing happened on Wednesday. Both monitors went black in the middle of a game. I opened the back box and reseated the cables, and nothing. Like an idiot, I thought "Why didn't I try and reboot first?". Sure enough, a power cycle fixed the issue, and I didn't have any repeats last night playing. Hoping it was an isolated event.

Anyhow - just thought I would share my experience so far. Excited to be a part of this club!

#5685 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

New owner report. Got my game on Wednesday - built on date of 02/07/19. Prior to owning I had about half a dozen games on it at shows. Didn't get to play a whole lot on delivery day but spent about 3 hours last night. LOVING the game so far! It is so much fun. I really enjoy the multitude of unique shots (and there is a lot), and they are all fun to hit! Definitely feel this is one of the best upper playfields ever. Some upper playfields are a drag, but this one is fun to shoot. Obviously still in the honeymoon phase, but it's feeling like a long term keeper.
So far (knock on wood) my machine has been solid and free of major issues. The ball was getting stuck in the "T" inlane, so I had to bend the metal inlane divider a bit. The ball was also getting stuck by the pop bumper and spotlight by the extra ball shot - again, just needed to bend the spotlight up. When I lock a ball in the chest, the ball is not rolling to the left of the chest without a good shake. I think I just need to trim the foam pad by the entrance a bit. These have all been extremely minor things. The only concerning thing happened on Wednesday. Both monitors went black in the middle of a game. I opened the back box and reseated the cables, and nothing. Like an idiot, I thought "Why didn't I try and reboot first?". Sure enough, a power cycle fixed the issue, and I didn't have any repeats last night playing. Hoping it was an isolated event.
Anyhow - just thought I would share my experience so far. Excited to be a part of this club!

Trim the foam pad? If it’s what I am thinking of, it should be removed from the chest entirely. Can you show us a pic?

For the monitor blackout, are you on the latest firmware? (0.98)

Enjoy the game and welcome to the club!

#5686 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Trim the foam pad? If it’s what I am thinking of, it should be removed from the chest entirely. Can you show us a pic?
For the monitor blackout, are you on the latest firmware? (0.98)
Enjoy the game and welcome to the club!

In the back of the chest, it appears there is a strip of black foam (perhaps I am wrong). I will take a pic of it tonight or tomorrow.

Yes, I am on code 0.98.

Thanks!

#5687 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

In the back of the chest, it appears there is a strip of black foam (perhaps I am wrong). I will take a pic of it tonight or tomorrow.
Yes, I am on code 0.98.
Thanks!

Kinda hard to see but this is my chest.
I’m wondering if you have shipping foam in there.

BA1A9822-6716-4CE4-A8A3-8BEA8B01BEE4 (resized).jpegBA1A9822-6716-4CE4-A8A3-8BEA8B01BEE4 (resized).jpeg
#5688 5 years ago

There is indeed a foam strip along the rear of the chest, separate from the shipping foam. I'd say you should verify game leveling before attempting to trim it.

Also, about your screen blackout- you are now the third or fourth person (including me!) To experience a single non-repeating instance of this. For me it was after my second game, still has never happened again. Weird!

P_20190315_093658 (resized).jpgP_20190315_093658 (resized).jpg
#5689 5 years ago

Mine was tight also and it turned out that my pinballs were slightly too big. I put some other ones in and no problems since.

#5690 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So I finally got to this tonight. The cannon rail is only held in by 4 screws. There isn’t much play in it but enough to unscrew a little, twist the right direction (toward my thumb in the pic) and tighten back down. This was enough for me to realign and get a center shot repeatedly.
It is the 4 screws by the u channel, not the 4 nuts. Unfortunately in the pic my cannon mod covers the other side screws.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip, will be this myself tonight! First time lifting the Pearl, but it looks straightforward.

#5691 5 years ago

My go to character is Norrington, because I blaze through the chapters that way and that gets me to the wizard modes every few games. Plus it increases your scoring potential during those wizard modes because you collect a bunch of characters. I honestly assumed everyone was using Norrington too!

I also find that the easiest way to qualify modes is hit through the chest lane, then make the loop through fountain of youth, then let bounce off right flipper to the left and shoot the chapter start. So movie 3 and 4 wizard modes are the most often qualified for me.

#5692 5 years ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

There is indeed a foam strip along the rear of the chest, separate from the shipping foam. I'd say you should verify game leveling before attempting to trim it.
[quoted image]

Yeah, that is the black foam pad I was talking about. The ball just barely gets stuck between the blue bumper in the front of the chest and the black foam pad (and a good shake usually gets it rolling to the left). I think trimming just a tiny bit off that corner of the pad would solve the problem. Bad idea?

#5693 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Yeah, that is the black foam pad I was talking about. The ball just barely gets stuck between the blue bumper in the front of the chest and the black foam pad (and a good shake usually gets it rolling to the left). I think trimming just a tiny bit off that corner of the pad would solve the problem. Bad idea?

No, not a bad idea, I’d still do a little more checking first:

1) pin is leveled and pitched correctly

2) verify that the chest mounting screws are tight

3) is the hinge at the chest entrance working correctly

4) is the blue bumper plug mounted correctly

If you can confirm those, then yes, a little trimming may due the trick.

#5694 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I agree ^^

#5695 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

My screens blacked out on me the first day I got the game too. Hasn't happened since.

#5696 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

5) you've tried other pinballs and they do the same thing.

#5697 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Following what happens here.

With my chest when I turn on the game the chest release fires 10-15 times, no idea why. Locks ball one and two fine but doesn’t register ball three and in multiball balls just stay in the chest when hit, they are not released. So when all balls on PF in multiball drain you have to wait for ball search. The foam piece in the chest blocks balls from moving to the left/sitting where they should. I removed my piece of foam as I thought it was placed there for shipping.
I know there is a flyer that says remove shipping foam but they don’t point out how many pieces of foam there are. And the fact that there’s a black piece of foam screwed to the back of the game you have to remove, that isn’t mentioned in the flyer with the game. Guess it’s a null point now that they’re done being made but JJP should list all foam that should be removed in the future. So people here have that foam in the chest and it works? Could you post close up photos?

#5698 5 years ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

Also, about your screen blackout- you are now the third or fourth person (including me!) To experience a single non-repeating instance of this. For me it was after my second game, still has never happened again. Weird!
[quoted image]

Your chest registers balls with that foam piece? I put mine in multiplaces and tried to get it as high in there as possible, still wouldn’t register any balls. I will relevel as I need to level my back of the game too, what level are you at?

#5699 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Following what happens here.
With my chest when I turn on the game the chest release fires 10-15 times, no idea why. Locks ball one and two fine but doesn’t register ball three and in multiball balls just stay in the chest when hit, they are not released. So when all balls on PF in multiball drain you have to wait for ball search. The foam piece in the chest blocks balls from moving to the left/sitting where they should. I removed my piece of foam as I thought it was placed there for shipping.
I know there is a flyer that says remove shipping foam but they don’t point out how many pieces of foam there are. And the fact that there’s a black piece of foam screwed to the back of the game you have to remove, that isn’t mentioned in the flyer with the game. Guess it’s a null point now that they’re done being made but JJP should list all foam that should be removed in the future. So people here have that foam in the chest and it works? Could you post close up photos?

The foam piece in question is item 18 on the diagram:

POTC Chest (resized).jpgPOTC Chest (resized).jpg

Your issue sounds like the 3rd opto switch in the chest isn't registering....

#5700 5 years ago

More people have received games and may not have seen our lighted chest mod with controllable dimmer. Apologies for the spam.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/114?hl=djxealot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.