(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 378.
#5601 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

The one I had could articulate from the waist as well, but it could not be snapped in half by hand. The ball in the ball joint was far too large. I had to hacksaw it. That being said, it could easily be glued back together if I were ever so inclined. I had to hide the toy from my 4 year old (he loves pirates AND pinball so much), because if he saw that I split him in half, he'd have freaked out - he just recently watched Toy Story, so he'd think I was being like that kid who cuts up toys or whatever. As opposed to him just seeing Jack magically show up on the playfield.
Btw... he LOVES this machine. I have a stool nearby for him to play my pins when he wants to, and my other two pins may as well not even exist, now. It's pirates, pirates, pirates... all the time.

Make him a new toy. I transplanted tom onto Jack's legs.

20190302_120818 (resized).jpg20190302_120818 (resized).jpg
#5602 5 years ago

Crazy to think the LE's are almost sold out. So glad I got one. This game is a blast. If it turns out to continue to be one of JJP's best, wonder if they will make another run in the future. If they had to re-up the license, any hope that they would try to get some more assets while they were at it?

#5603 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Crazy to think the LE's are almost sold out. So glad I got one. This game is a blast. If it turns out to continue to be one of JJP's best, wonder if they will make another run in the future. If they had to re-up the license, any hope that they would try to get some more assets while they were at it?

I don't see them running it again if the rumored plans are to build Yellow Brick Road WOZ's and then move onto to Wonka and game #6.

It will be interesting to see if JJP shifts to building slightly scaled back games, in terms of physical features, to compete with Stern at a lower price point.

#5604 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't see them running it again if the rumored plans are to build Yellow Brick Road WOZ's and then move onto to Wonka and game #6.
It will be interesting to see if JJP shifts to building slightly scaled back games, in terms of physical features, to compete with Stern at a lower price point.

I hope not! I’m willing to pay more for a richer experience.

#5605 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hope not! I’m willing to pay more for a richer experience.

Same here but I think JJP has limited their customer base by only offering games at a higher price point. I'm not sure if they will go the Stern pro / premium / LE route with future games. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

JJP has kinda already started moving towards a pro, premium and LE model with Pirates. Pirates is the first JJP game to have an physical / coded gameplay feature, the star map toy on the LE, not featured on the standard.

#5606 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We have a nice market bifurcation and competition thing going right now. JJP and Stern complement each other nicely. If you want a NIB pin at a tighter price point, Stern pros have that covered. If you want more fancy, JJP has you covered with LEs/CEs. JJP offers standards, and Stern offers premiums/LEs that compete a bit in the middle.

It's done good for both companies. JJP started using LCD displays, and poof... Stern had to do the same. I'm glad they did, this was an innovation that was a long time coming. I'm a fan of both companies, TBH. Competition is great. More options, action, and pinball excitement lately... it's great!

#5607 5 years ago

Agreed. JJP most definitely advanced pinball to the next level with their innovations.

#5608 5 years ago

This is the one thing I wasn't thrilled about... I absolutely support the idea that no layout/gameplay changes should occur as you step up through the tiers. The starmap is borderline, and could easily be replicated by an onscreen hint (if the real estate allowed), and the hint is also supplemental to another flashing shot indicator. I think having aesthetic/pride of purchase upgrades are much more effective in ensuring the designer's vision is fully realized.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same here but I think JJP has limited their customer base by only offering games at a higher price point. I'm not sure if they will go the Stern pro / premium / LE route with future games. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
JJP has kinda already started moving towards a pro, premium and LE model with Pirates. Pirates is the first JJP game to have an physical / coded gameplay feature, the star map toy on the LE, not featured on the standard.

#5609 5 years ago

I really do hope they tone down the multi-balls in future updates though (or at least give the option). I still haven't seen a wizard mode but end up spending 45 minutes a game continuously stacking multi-balls.

#5610 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I really do hope they tone down the multi-balls in future updates though (or at least give the option). I still haven't seen a wizard mode but end up spending 45 minutes a game continuously stacking multi-balls.

But stacking multiballs is so fun!

#5611 5 years ago

So for clarity you are playing 45 Minute games and have not seen a wizard mode???? Seems a bit off. The only way to achieve multiballs like modes or wizard modes is to Aim for them or work towards them. Maybe change your strategy to focus on getting modes instead of multiballs? For me I personally Love the mix of modes and use of multiballs. Hoping they don't change a thing.

#5612 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So for clarity you are playing 45 Minute games and have not seen a wizard mode???? Seems a bit off. The only way to achieve multiballs like modes or wizard modes is to Aim for them or work towards them. Maybe change your strategy to focus on getting modes instead of multiballs? For me I personally Love the mix of modes and use of multiballs. Hoping they don't change a thing.

I feel like every time I'm trying to complete a chapter a multi-ball starts. I can usually complete 'a' chapter during a multi ball, but can't really string them together.

Disclaimer: Should have said "feels like 45 minute games". I've never actually timed it.

#5613 5 years ago

Maybe I should just play nothing but Tia Dalma until I see one....

#5614 5 years ago

Maybe I should just play nothing but Tia Dalma until I see one....

Tia is definitely my favorite character to play for the simple reason of picking chapters

#5615 5 years ago

My spinning Tom was wobbling and not spinning well last night. Guess I'll have something else to try and fix tonight...

This happened with mine immediately. Upon inspection I found screws loose under Tom. Remove Tom with an allen wrench. Look at the motor and how it's attached. If you are having problems tightening the motor to the bracket try removing the lock washers. That's the only way I could tighten mine.

Junky

#5616 5 years ago

Good bye tortuga tom hello bootstrap

15525052652604930757160768858376 (resized).jpg15525052652604930757160768858376 (resized).jpg
#5617 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I'm thinking about doing that with the cursed pirate figure.

#5618 5 years ago

I'm thinking about doing that with the cursed pirate figure.

I was looking at that one to.

#5619 5 years ago

Just received my PoTC LE. JJ from Game Exchange denver recommended that they open the box and go through it to correct any known problems. I live 2 hours away and thought it would be a great idea. After two days of playing, I have had zero problems and the game is fantastic!

#5620 5 years ago

Where does the start button light connect to?
New LE owner with limited mechanical ability, noticed no light on start button

#5621 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Where does the start button light connect to?

Quoted from ngg:

noticed no light on start button

Right inside the game on the wall it's fastened too.

Check connectors, see if LED needs to be turned 180 degrees and face the other way.

LTG : )

#5622 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

[quoted image]

Nice job! Looking at Bootstrap Bill though just makes me think all the more that I wish there was an Angelica figure available.

#5623 5 years ago

There is. 6" ON STRANGER TIDES SERIES. $10 on ebay

#5624 5 years ago

Wow, love that boot strap bill! Wife’s favorite character!

#5625 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Wow, love that boot strap bill! Wife’s favorite character!

Thanks I wanted davy but I wasnt paying what they want for it bootstrap was 14bucks shipped

#5626 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I spent the night loading the cannon and firing it, the shots are hitting the right side of the hole and not going in. Want does everyone think? Is it the pearl that’s out of alignment of the dauntless?

I have had the same problem from day one so I submitted a support ticket about this on January 14th and have heard absolutely nothing back from JJP!
I would imagine that other people have the same problem but probably think they are not timing their shot correctly and don't realize that the two ships are not aligned like they should be. I'm hoping more people start bringing this to JJP's attention so that it can be addressed with some type of fix.

#5627 5 years ago

Really would like to get an LE. Don't seem to be any available. Let me know if anyone knows of some.

#5628 5 years ago

Pretty sure Mike at Automated has a few LEs

#5629 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

There is. 6" ON STRANGER TIDES SERIES. $10 on ebay

Ah, so it is! Thanks.

#5630 5 years ago

Not when I called today.

#5631 5 years ago

Ah okay sorry didn’t realize he might be out.

#5632 5 years ago

All aboard the Black Pearl! Skipnatty is live and sharing strategies for a bunch of the different POTC characters tonight: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#5633 5 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Really would like to get an LE. Don't seem to be any available. Let me know if anyone knows of some.

Try these guys.

https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-game-pirates-of-the-carribbean.php

#5634 5 years ago

I never judge what a business man decides to do with his business...but I can have an opinion

I have been attracted to the idea of JJP products for years but this is the first theme that interested me. I am completely impressed and look forward to their future offerings. What I want is a premium product that exceeds my expectations (and something stern has not done for me for awhile) and that is a what JJP has done. While from a business perspective I understand wanting to expand sales but if you lessen your product to do it I think it’s a mistake. Embrace being the company that makes the better product and people will want to find a way to pay the price for the better quality. Ferrari isn’t trying to be Ford even though Ford sells more. But Ford throws projects out like the GT to try to be a bit like Ferrari. Both are good for each other and both are needed but if you are Ferrari you be Ferrari. You don’t decide to be Ford.

#5635 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I have had the same problem from day one so I submitted a support ticket about this on January 14th and have heard absolutely nothing back from JJP!
I would imagine that other people have the same problem but probably think they are not timing their shot correctly and don't realize that the two ships are not aligned like they should be. I'm hoping more people start bringing this to JJP's attention so that it can be addressed with some type of fix.

Same issue for me. I have had the ball go through the ship but I miss way more than make it in.

#5636 5 years ago

People discuss reasons for the lack of asset usage in this game, but it's odd this entire messy, public battle hasn't ever been mentioned as a possible factor. It often seems scapegoated on whomever got let go, but this started to blow up in early 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney wanted to edge away a bit from this entire Depp centric version of Pirates, as there's not even a domestic box set release for blu-ray. The only versions seem to be overseas releases.

Just thinking out loud...

https://www.geo.tv/latest/230905-johnny-depp-was-abused-by-ex-wife-amber-heard-new-evidence-shows

#5637 5 years ago

Nope. Out of LEs. May be getting some of the last Standards made.

#5638 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Love the game and continue to be incredibly disappointed with the QA. Who thought it a good idea to ship a pin out the door with the shooter rod hitting the automatic plunger. AND not being able to lower the plunger enough that it doesn’t hit it? I’ve tried double stacking washers to angle it down, guess I’ll do three. How was this not QA’d? It’s only essential to the game to get the ball into play.

The cause isn't what you think it is. The playfield brackets have bent from the weight of the playfield. We had this problem starting with Hobbit. Lift the playfield and bend the bracket hooks back down slightly and that will raise the auto-launcher up enough to let the shooter rod pass. It's not exclusively a JJP problem. Had it happen last month on Houdini as well after a year on location.

#5639 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Since everything is designed in CAD, playfield cut in CNC, since everything therefore mounts the same I would think that it has to be the cannon itself.
Can someone post the page from the manual? So that we can look at the mech?

#5640 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Can someone post the page from the manual? So that we can look at the mech?

Page C-51 in the manual:

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf#page144

E238BCDA-B769-4999-9CFA-90BEF59B4359 (resized).jpegE238BCDA-B769-4999-9CFA-90BEF59B4359 (resized).jpeg

#5641 5 years ago

For those looking for games. I believe (but have not personally verified) that almost all limited editions are sold out.

I currently have 1 collectors in stock and ready to ship and 3 standards waiting to be built. Pass the word that games are getting difficult to come by.

#5642 5 years ago

I feel like every time I'm trying to complete a chapter a multi-ball starts. I can usually complete 'a' chapter during a multi ball, but can't really string them together.
Disclaimer: Should have said "feels like 45 minute games". I've never actually timed it.

On the upside.... you don't need to complete any of the chapters to qualify the wizard modes. And you can start more chapters during multi-ball.

All the times I've played the wizard modes its been a result of stacked multi-balls and just always making sure to have a chapter running when the previous one times out or I complete it - regardless of what 'color' it is. Getting a chapter running is more important that some of the Jackpot shots imo. Eventually you'll see that one of your 'colors' is close to being qualified for a wizard mode and then you can laser focus on it during single-ball play.

Or you can just go Tia and try to keep the multi-balls to a minimum (picking chapters with her during MB is another skill in itself) but I never seem to have as much fun playing this game that way.

#5643 5 years ago

To respond to an above post, my strategy is to always have a chapter going. I start one whenever possible and by stacking mutliballs I can get through a number of chapters before a ball ends. Tia Dalma is the best way to getting to a wizard mode for the first time. Once you've done that a few times, the next challenge, at least for me, is to play more than one wizard mode in a game. Currently Elizabeth Swan is my strategy for this as she immediately lights 3 chapters at the start of a ball. I've also realized how I can greatly improve scoring with lighting multiple skulls and really trying to complete chapters. Trying to complete chapters has also really helped my shooting in this game as well, for obvious reasons.

And in regards to Bootstrap Bill on the Spinning pop...man you guys are cruel, hasn't he suffered enough. Now you've got to torture him with an eternity of spinning...he's going to be Barfing Bill! Part of the crew...part of the ship!

#5644 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The cause isn't what you think it is. The playfield brackets have bent from the weight of the playfield. We had this problem starting with Hobbit. Lift the playfield and bend the bracket hooks back down slightly and that will raise the auto-launcher up enough to let the shooter rod pass. It's not exclusively a JJP problem. Had it happen last month on Houdini as well after a year on location.

If that is the cause of the problem and the fix to the issue well done . I'm surprised none of the experts have thought of this , as this has been an ongoing problem here for ages .

#5645 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

For those looking for games. I believe (but have not personally verified) that almost all limited editions are sold out.
I currently have 1 collectors in stock and ready to ship and 3 standards waiting to be built. Pass the word that games are getting difficult to come by.

Wow! Pretty to cool to now have a truly limited JJP LE. But sad that others won't have the pleasure of shooting this game. The more I play it, the more I realize how unique all the shots are. It's like a "best of" playfield layout with the addition of a phenomenal upper playfield.

#5646 5 years ago

PinballSTAR still has POTC LEs left available to sell. Fortunately as one of the larger JJP distributors we ordered a bucketful on day 1.

We know factory is sold out and hearing many other distributors are as well. We have LEs left and a small number of SEs still left.

Contact Joe at [email protected].

TY

#5647 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR still has POTC LEs left available to sell. Fortunately as one of the larger JJP distributors we ordered a bucketful on day 1.
We know factory is sold out and hearing many other distributors are as well. We have LEs left and a small number of SEs still left.
Contact Joe at [email protected].
TY

good to know. i will send some your way then.

#5648 5 years ago

Regarding overload of multiballs, just go into the menus and set the difficult on achieving them up.
That’s what I plan to do when I get an overload.

#5649 5 years ago

I'm hugely disappointed production of this game is being discontinued. I can't understand with all the time, effort, game play instruction production is ending after one year?

I personally own 3 JJP games (LE's & RR) and they take the bulk of my playing time because they are so awesome. I recently sold my lotr because when I bought DI end of last year I wasn't playing DI enough. It would have been nice to have Pirates as an option to buy later this year after the dust settles with what I own. Oh well.

#5650 5 years ago

For those of you who were testing floor projectors, which ones did you settle on? I'm starting to look at them too...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/113?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.