(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 377.
#5551 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Starting to wonder if Cliffy's are even necessary on this game? I was looking back at post #4636 from f3honda4me and after 1k plays he doesn't have anywhere at the map or Tortuga areas. If there's one spot I can see a Cliffy being needed just incase its at the Tortuga area as that is a ball eject area. However, the map shot may not even needed as the ball only falls into that area versus being kicked out.

This is what the LE looks like at my local pincade:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/76#post-4837172

#5553 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

And how many plays are on that pin?

I didn't ask because the people working were busy taking care of customers and the regular tech was not there at the time.

I have close to 1000 on my home LE which I've had since late-Nov and before I put the Cliffy's on I had just a little wear at the back of my MAP hole and the mylar that JJP put down in that area was beginning to lift up.

#5554 5 years ago

Ouch, well maybe I'll add them lol. I saw your post about installing Cliffys at the Tortuga area. How did you go about installing the Cliffys for the map shot area?

Thanks!

#5555 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Wow delt31! Just finished listening to Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast on the commute home and you were awesome. You gave the rebuttal (in explaining what makes POTC so great) to Kaneda’s last podcast that I would have liked to give if I had the communication skills. (No Kaneda, I don't think you were fair and balanced on the last podcast.) I agree with everything you said about Pirates, though you could have talked longer about the Star Map, which I thought would be a fantastic toy but something I cannot figure out. (Still hoping on that one.) What was most impressive was your broad discussion and insights into the pinball hobby. Then you dropped the Alien above Pirates comment . . . interesting. I never played the game, probably never will have the opportunity, but an interesting take on the machine. I hope Kaneda has you on again.

I don't even know who this Kaneda guy is that folks are talking about. But apparently he doesn't like the game. *shrug* Nothing on this Earth gets a 100% approval rating.

I mean, some people don't like beer. Crazy, I know! But true!

#5556 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ouch, well maybe I'll add them lol. I saw your post about installing Cliffys at the Tortuga area. How did you go about installing the Cliffys for the map shot area?
Thanks!

Here's the link again:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/65#post-4814032

#5557 5 years ago

Do Tilt Graphics blades use the soap apply method like Pingraffix?

#5558 5 years ago

I did it that way and had no problems whatsoever. Just make sure you get the pin blade protectors from Mezel Mods. They make the install easy.

#5559 5 years ago

So which distributers still have POTC LE?

#5560 5 years ago

Having an issue my ship wont rock back and forth when the cannon is loaded...so jjp had me adjust the rod going to the motor. So it worked for a day or two. I played it tonight. Soon as a loaded a ball in the cannon it stopped moving like before. Anyone have this issue ?

Also I noticed my ship is just rocking center to left. Not rocking right....normal ? After I adjusted the rod and did the calibration it was working fine a few days ago ....now its not

#5561 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Having an issue my ship wont rock back and forth when the cannon is loaded...so jjp had me adjust the rod going to the motor. So it worked for a day or two. I played it tonight. Soon as a loaded a ball in the cannon it stopped moving like before. Anyone have this issue ?
Also I noticed my ship is just rocking center to left. Not rocking right....normal ? After I adjusted the rod and did the calibration it was working fine a few days ago ....now its not

Check the adjustment rod again - specifically see if the peg that passes through the back of the play field is topping out or bottoming out in the slot. Adjust until it's not.

Then run the ship calibration test. Does it go left and right in there as it should? Do the optos flash green as they should?
Also check the minimum ship speed level and make sure it's not lower than the calibration test detected. I was able to use the green default level.

#5562 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Did you check with Kingpin games ?

LTG : )

#5563 5 years ago

Love the game and continue to be incredibly disappointed with the QA. Who thought it a good idea to ship a pin out the door with the shooter rod hitting the automatic plunger. AND not being able to lower the plunger enough that it doesn’t hit it? I’ve tried double stacking washers to angle it down, guess I’ll do three. How was this not QA’d? It’s only essential to the game to get the ball into play.

#5564 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Love the game and continue to be incredibly disappointed with the QA. Who thought it a good idea to ship a pin out the door with the shooter rod hitting the automatic plunger. AND not being able to lower the plunger enough that it doesn’t hit it? I’ve tried double stacking washers to angle it down, guess I’ll do three. How was this not QA’d? It’s only essential to the game to get the ball into play.

One washer has fixed mine fine so far. I will tell you I placed it on the outside of the cab under the shooter cover on the bottom. You cannot see the washer unless you get on the ground and look up underneath. I assume you placed yours theirs as well but if you need more than 1 your shooter rod must be way off or worse, bent. Once I did this all my plunger issues were gone.

I do agree that this is terrible QC with respect to the plunger assembly.

One other suggestion and one that I saw when I had it all apart was to get a dremel and dremel out the bottom portion of the triangle cut out a little deeper that should allow you to move the entire assembly down some more and keep a factory look as it would be covered by the housing and inside plate. Shouldn't have to do this at all of course. Also I am not 100% positive as I did not take out a tape measure or anything but my cutout sure looked like it was crooked.

#5565 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

One washer has fixed mine fine so far. I will tell you I placed it on the outside of the cab under the shooter cover on the bottom. You cannot see the washer unless you get on the ground and look up underneath. I assume you placed yours theirs as well but if you need more than 1 your shooter rod must be way off or worse, bent. Once I did this all my plunger issues were gone.
I do agree that this is terrible QC with respect to the plunger assembly.
One other suggestion and one that I saw when I had it all apart was to get a dremel and dremel out the bottom portion of the triangle cut out a little deeper that should allow you to move the entire assembly down some more and keep a factory look as it would be covered by the housing and inside plate. Shouldn't have to do this at all of course. Also I am not 100% positive as I did not take out a tape measure or anything but my cutout sure looked like it was crooked.

The rod isn’t bent, the whole thing is just drilled out way, way too high. A single manual plunge at the factory would’ve shown this issue immediately. Disappointing.

#5566 5 years ago
Quoted from Lazar:

Thanks for the feedback. The distributor is 3 hours away and the next closest is 5. I’m not excited about tacking on another 5%, and sounds like the value is to sleep easy. Regardless, I’m excited to be apart of the POTC team.

If you pay by check, versus credit card, they ideally should knock maybe $200-250 off for you.

#5567 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

The rod isn’t bent, the whole thing is just drilled out way, way too high. A single manual plunge at the factory would’ve shown this issue immediately. Disappointing.

Agreed

#5568 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you check with Kingpin games ?
LTG : )

I will save him the trouble.

At this time i have the following

(2) Standard Edition $8500
(1) Collector's Edition $12,500

plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.

#5569 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Try Joe at pinballstar I think he had 1 left (maybe)

And try Flip N Out as well

I think someone yesterday said automated had LEs in stock as well but I could be wrong

#5570 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Try Joe at pinballstar I think he had 1 left (maybe)
And try Flip N Out as well
I think someone yesterday said automated had LEs in stock as well but I could be wrong

Quoted from lordloss:

lordloss As of yesterday, Automated Inc does. Yup!

Talk to Mike, he's a good guy!

http://www.automatedservicesllc.com

#5571 5 years ago

So I'm curious. It seems that when I fire the cannon, the shot goes wide of the hole on the dauntless, not above or below. Is anyone else seeing that or am I just the crapiest marksman ever?!

#5572 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I'm curious. It seems that when I fire the cannon, the shot goes wide of the hole on the dauntless, not above or below. Is anyone else seeing that or am I just the crapiest marksman ever?!

You only have the option to aim vertically - if it's not making the shot I'd say something is out of alignment.

#5573 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Starting to wonder if Cliffy's are even necessary on this game? I was looking back at post #4636 from f3honda4me and after 1k plays he doesn't have anywhere at the map or Tortuga areas. If there's one spot I can see a Cliffy being needed just incase its at the Tortuga area as that is a ball eject area. However, the map shot may not need a Cliffy protector as the ball only falls into that area versus being kicked out. Sounds like those areas have mylar applied from the factory. Still, I thought I read about a couple people that had damage in those areas after minimal play.

Many need it. Around the MAP hole most of our Mylar has bubbled. Just installed mine. Much better. Not easy to do. Did take a pic of the pivot points under the ship. That always seems to be a question.

7B10D418-73E5-4D7E-9314-BCA151FF591A (resized).jpeg7B10D418-73E5-4D7E-9314-BCA151FF591A (resized).jpeg
#5574 5 years ago

blockquote cite="#4880792">In search of my first pin and landed at JJP POTC LE. Quick question to those with experience. The distributor I am going through adds on another $500 for delivery, setup, and one year warranty. I feel that I can handle transport and setup, but maybe you can tell me to not be so confident. If we don’t get the warranty the following occurs: we are 3 hours from the distributor and any service calls would require us to bring the pin to them if there is issue. Thoughts on whether I should pay the extra $500? Thanks in advance.

paying $9500 for the game, and $500 for delivery, setup and one year warranty is a good deal if your not paying shipping charges on top of that. If you bought from a more distant vendor, you would be paying shipping charges nearly the same as the 500.

#5575 5 years ago

Does POTC cheat at Lier"s Dice? I have 3 fives and bid three 5's the game bids 4 fives and I call Lie, the game show its dice and has only 2 fives, then the game says YOU LOSE! I know I have been cheated other times and I have yet to win at Lier's Dice. What's up?

#5576 5 years ago
Quoted from Lambow:

Does POTC cheat at Lier"s Dice? I have 3 fives and bid three 5's the game bids 4 fives and I call Lie, the game show its dice and has only 2 fives, then the game says YOU LOSE! I know I have been cheated other times and I have yet to win at Lier's Dice. What's up?

You’re bidding on the total number of dice between both players. With 5 fives betewen the two of you, his 4 fives bid was not a lie.

#5577 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You’re bidding on the total number of dice between both players. With 5 fives betewen the two of you, his 4 fives bid was not a lie.

OK I get it, thanks.

#5578 5 years ago

@imagamejunky noticed my gold button was riding up too high. On examination I found that the rim that keeps it in place was worn, and only the screw was holding it in place.

It wasn’t a game breaker, but it added extra “throw” to the button and looked kinda wrong.

Tonight I replaced it with this part from pinball life:

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-38-clear-pushbutton-for-stern-lockdown-bars.html

It’s a perfect drop-in replacement. It needed no sanding, no lubrication, it just worked. It feels slightly different than the old one (it has a bit of a divot in the middle) but looks the same.

#5579 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

@imagamejunky noticed my gold button was riding up too high. On examination I found that the rim that keeps it in place was worn, and only the screw was holding it in place.
It wasn’t a game breaker, but it added extra “throw” to the button and looked kinda wrong.
It’s a perfect drop-in replacement. It needed no sanding, no lubrication, it just worked. It feels slightly different than the old one (it has a bit of a divot in the middle) but looks the same.

I replace mine right away mine stuck even after sanding works great. I also had two flipper springs break so ordered more of those.

#5580 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you add the screw from the old button, too the new push button? the one that makes contact with the switch...

#5581 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Did you add the screw from the old button, too the new push button? the one that makes contact with the switch...

Yes I did.

#5582 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Many need it. Around the MAP hole most of our Mylar has bubbled. Just installed mine. Much better. Not easy to do. Did take a pic of the pivot points under the ship. That always seems to be a question.
[quoted image]

Did your game come with that magnet protector? if not, where did you get it? did you have to modify it to get it to fit?

#5583 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I did what everyone said not to do and put a tiny bit of wd40 on it. No problem since. Don't repeat. It was dumb and I didn't know better until reading here. Lucky it worked.

#5584 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I didnt put screw in my new one works fine

#5585 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

I did what everyone said not to do and put a tiny bit of wd40 on it. No problem since. Don't repeat. It was dumb and I didn't know better until reading here. Lucky it worked.

I did the same thing on my Texas machine, it worked for me also.

#5586 5 years ago

Finally added my Capt. Jack figure on the pop bumber. I love the way it looks and thanks to this thread it wasn't hard at all to install. The only thing I'll add is be very careful with the arms when installing because one of mine broke off and I had to glue it back together, luckily it was the right arm that come the closest to hitting the wire form so I'm ok with it.

20190312_233429 (resized).jpg20190312_233429 (resized).jpg20190312_233955 (resized).jpg20190312_233955 (resized).jpg
#5587 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Finally added my Capt. Jack figure on the pop bumber. I love the way it looks and thanks to this thread it wasn't hard at all to install. The only thing I'll add is be very careful with the arms when installing because one of mine broke off and I had to glue it back together, luckily it was the right arm that come the closest to hitting the wire form so I'm ok with it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I picked up bootstrap Bill going to install tomorrow. Really like Davy Jones but I'm not spending that kinda coin on an action figure.

#5588 5 years ago

Chapter post issue is fixed. Exactly as described , thanks!

No lock nut anywhere, my post was always low from day 1 so I took no notice.. the plunger slowly battered that brass screw until low enough to fail
A nylon lock nut now keeps it secure

#5589 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

I used something similar and it's been perfect ever since too. Very simple.

#5590 5 years ago

So I spent the night loading the cannon and firing it, the shots are hitting the right side of the hole and not going in. Want does everyone think? Is it the pearl that’s out of alignment of the dauntless?

#5591 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I spent the night loading the cannon and firing it, the shots are hitting the right side of the hole and not going in. Want does everyone think? Is it the pearl that’s out of alignment of the dauntless?

Well, the Pearl sits on two pegs. If you go back in the thread, yesterday someone posted a pretty good picture showing what it looks like under there. If the pearl isn’t on one of those two pegs solidly it could be out of whack. Does it feel loose if you attempt to move it?

If it feels solid I’d suspect the dauntless. Also take a look at the cannon tray, maybe it’s an issue with that where you can loosen/aim/tighten to adjust the shot trajectory? Just spitballing here.

#5592 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Did your game come with that magnet protector? if not, where did you get it? did you have to modify it to get it to fit?

Came like that

#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Mine does the same...haven’t solved yet. It is close enough to still go in.

#5594 5 years ago

Just ordered a Capt Jack toy. Tortuga Tom's days are numbered.

#5595 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just ordered a Capt Jack toy. Tortuga Tom's days are numbered.

I ordered 2 of them. The first one was the Tortuga Jack, but I liked the other version that people have better so I eventually found/bought that one too. Waiting (for a month) for my cliffys to do it all at once. I wonder what these toy collectors are thinking on the big demand for them all of a sudden ... and would like to see their reaction if they found out that we were cutting them in half.

#5596 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I ordered 2 of them. The first one was the Tortuga Jack, but I liked the other version that people have better so I eventually found/bought that one too. Waiting (for a month) for my cliffys to do it all at once. I wonder what these toy collectors are thinking on the big demand for them all of a sudden ... and would like to see their reaction if they found out that we were cutting them in half.

Not sure about the cut them in half. The one I did "Series 1" articulate from the waist so you simply snap him in half with your hands and it splits perfectly. No saw required.

#5597 5 years ago

My spinning Tom was wobbling and not spinning well last night. Guess I'll have something else to try and fix tonight...

#5598 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My spinning Tom was wobbling and not spinning well last night. Guess I'll have something else to try and fix tonight...

Should be a simple tightening of the set screw that holds the barrel on. Not surprising it may have worked itself loose as it spins under load.

#5599 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure about the cut them in half. The one I did "Series 1" articulate from the waist so you simply snap him in half with your hands and it splits perfectly. No saw required.

The one I had could articulate from the waist as well, but it could not be snapped in half by hand. The ball in the ball joint was far too large. I had to hacksaw it. That being said, it could easily be glued back together if I were ever so inclined. I had to hide the toy from my 4 year old (he loves pirates AND pinball so much), because if he saw that I split him in half, he'd have freaked out - he just recently watched Toy Story, so he'd think I was being like that kid who cuts up toys or whatever. As opposed to him just seeing Jack magically show up on the playfield.

Btw... he LOVES this machine. I have a stool nearby for him to play my pins when he wants to, and my other two pins may as well not even exist, now. It's pirates, pirates, pirates... all the time.

#5600 5 years ago

Just a shout out to JJP in general: they will be sending out a new ramp to replace the one with the crack in it, as soon as they get a new batch in. I know there are some QC issues they are still working out, but their support people are very friendly and responsive. There wasn't even a hesitation on obtaining a replacement/spare ramp in case the crack expands/goes all the way through.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Vernon, BC
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/112?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.