Installed some mods. A couple of basic ones from The Mod Couple (rum bottle barrel topper, monkey - pictured)... then this one:
The Standard Edition has no Tortuga Tom (nor does any pop bumper spin). I haven't yet found a motor that will work for me, but I have got Jack Sparrow on the Tortuga pop bumper, using the barrel cap from The Mod Couple and a Neca Series 1 Jack Sparrow.
1. I cut him in half with a hacksaw (though The Mod Couple used a nutcracker to do the same thing with Davy Jones). Then I used a razor blade to cut the coat and scarf. I pulled the sword scabbard off. I left the compass and extra belt length, as they didn't seem to interfere with any area the ball would touch.
2. I drilled a tiny hole - about half the diameter of the screw I am using - inside the void (this step is important). I filled the void with hot glue, and drilled a small hole in the barrel cap from The Mod Couple with the same bit, lined up with the hole in Jack Sparrow. NOTE: make sure you have the right orientation on Jack vs. the location of the screw holes in the bumper cap. Once you glue Jack down, moving him will probably suck.
3. I hot glued Jack Sparrow to the barrel cap with the holes lined up. I was very generous with the hot glue - I needed to fill above the EITC logo a bit extra.
4. Used a 1 1/2" wood screw with a washer between the screw and the bottom of the bumper cap. This went into the holes in the cap and Jack - the washer gives it a little extra strength.
5. I super-glued the bottle, and hot-glued the gun to each hand. This figure has movable arms, so it was easy to move them out of the way of the ball path.
He doesn't spin (yet - I machined a bracket I will connect to this setup later when I can find an appropriate motor) but he looks nice. Rum bottle and monkey are good too. Thanks to The Mod Couple for doing what they do. This wouldn't have worked without the barrel cap.
snip (resized).jpgfill (resized).jpgscrew (resized).jpgjack (resized).jpgjack2 (resized).jpgmonkey (resized).jpgrum (resized).jpg