(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 378.
#451 5 years ago

Holy crap is this thing heavy!

Got it into my house from garage and need more manpower to get it in the basement.

I think it might be heavier than my Williams Indy.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Holy crap is this thing heavy!
Got it into my house from garage and need more manpower to get it in the basement.
I think it might be heavier than my Williams Indy.

For sure...jjp pins are 350-400 lbs

#453 5 years ago

Yep my legs are still burning from getting down the stairs!!!

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

On a beer break now... if there is a will there is a way! Lol

If I don’t post again today, I was crushed!

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

On a beer break now... if there is a will there is a way! Lol
If I don’t post again today, I was crushed!

Save yourself the hurt. Go buy or rent an escalara.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Save yourself the hurt. Go buy or rent an escalara.

If i ever get a jjp machines im paying for the local pinball company to move it down stairs and help set up

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Doesn’t mean you can skip leg day at the gym! Get at it!

#458 5 years ago

Well, I got it down the basement to find a bad leg bolt and bracket and led lights for topper just barely attached to the channel topper sits it.

Anyone who installed the topper can explain how to install it simply?

I’m quite frustrated about the leg bolt!

#459 5 years ago

After a year of waiting and starting this thread, my game has finally arrived! I am LOVING it! Thank you to all who made this possible!

Has anyone had this one problem? When my ball gets kicked out of the tortuga hole, it usually hits the wireform that is right above it. Adjusting the coil strength appears to make no difference. Does anyone have a fix?

IMG_1439 (resized).jpgIMG_1439 (resized).jpg
#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, I got it down the basement to find a bad leg bolt and bracket and led lights for topper just barely attached to the channel topper sits it.
Anyone who installed the topper can explain how to install it simply?
I’m quite frustrated about the leg bolt!

I also have one leg bolt that won't screw in. Planning on retapping the threads sometime later this week.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I also have one leg bolt that won't screw in. Planning on retapping the threads sometime later this week.

I tried all 7 bolts on that left front top hole and none worked. The one bolt that caught initially, it took the first two threads right off the bolt.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I tried all 7 bolts on that left front top hole and none worked. The one bolt that caught initially, it took the first two threads right off the bolt.

Rethread the leg plate.

LTG : )

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rethread the leg plate.

Haven’t had to do that before, what do I need tool wise?

#464 5 years ago

Anyone able to tell me what the trick to installing the topper?

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Same here. Gotta do what Lloyd suggested and bust out the tap & die set.

50169283lg (resized).jpg50169283lg (resized).jpg
#466 5 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

After a year of waiting and starting this thread, my game has finally arrived! I am LOVING it! Thank you to all who made this possible!
Has anyone had this one problem? When my ball gets kicked out of the tortuga hole, it usually hits the wireform that is right above it. Adjusting the coil strength appears to make no difference. Does anyone have a fix?
[quoted image]

Is the bracket with the two screws near the pop bumper firmly screwed on?

Mine was loose and ejected funny.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Same here. Gotta do what Lloyd suggested and bust out the tap & die set. [quoted image]

Great don’t have that tool set.

Love what 10k buys me!

#468 5 years ago

People love the game on location! Great job JJP!!

20180817_194841 (resized).jpg20180817_194841 (resized).jpgIMG_11201 (resized).jpgIMG_11201 (resized).jpg
#469 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Love what 10k buys me!

Tell me about it.

And pinball never ceases to remind me of the tools I don't have... I've probably acquired most of my tools due to pinball related problems thinking about it.

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Love what 10k buys me!

It’s not the end of the world it’s a 2$ bracket. One of mine had a burr on the tread also. Simple fix to try. Remove leg, install bolt from Inside of cabinet going out. Often this will push the small thread burr out and simply reinstall the leg as normal. Will work just take your time.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Haven’t had to do that before, what do I need tool wise?

Open a ticket under Support at jerseyjackpinball.com or call them, to get a new bracket and bolt. If you don't have a tap and die set.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Is the bracket with the two screws near the pop bumper firmly screwed on?
Mine was loose and ejected funny.

Seems to have solved the issue for the most part! It ejects funny 1 out of 10 ejects now I would say. Thank you!

#473 5 years ago

Found where all the loose hardware laying in cabinet goes with exception of a thumb setscrew.

#474 5 years ago

On another note while I have it all opened up.

Should the spinner disc be perfectly level to PF? Mine seems ever so slightly raised.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Found where all the loose hardware laying in cabinet goes with exception of a thumb setscrew.

Coin mech... common they fall out in shipping

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

On another note while I have it all opened up.
Should the spinner disc be perfectly level to PF? Mine seems ever so slightly raised.

Try not to over analyze the game just enjoy it. I understand it’s expensive but these minor things do happen bouncing in a truck for hundreds of miles. The disk is a very simple adjustment of a large plastic jamb nut and turn center post down. Trust that most every game will need these adjustments but I Promise once you play this Amazing machine you will soon forget the effort. Yes little screw is for coin mech. Mine did the same. Consider the adjustments “ getting to know your game more intimately!” Lol

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If i ever get a jjp machines im paying for the local pinball company to move it down stairs and help set up

Let me know when you're ready for your first jjp and I'll be happy to help.

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Let me know when you're ready for your first jjp and I'll be happy to help.

Whats the weight on jjpotc?

#479 5 years ago

Finally got the errors to clear and play a game.

Right mini pf flipper needs to be adjusted, after the first flip it got stuck in up position. Is this adjustable without removing the ship? Just needs to be tightened.

Also, Was able to lower the center disc to be flush with pf however there seems to be some up and down slop when pf is lifted causing the spinner to be slightly above pf but when pf is lowered gravity puts it back in place. Does the center screw do anything to tighten this up? Doesn’t seem to tighten or loosen when I turn it.

Thanks for all the help, beautiful game and don’t want to mess it up!

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Whats the weight on jjpotc?

Hobbit is about 350 pounds, I suspect Pirates about the same, maybe a little lighter.

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Right mini pf flipper needs to be adjusted, after the first flip it got stuck in up position. Is this adjustable without removing the ship? Just needs to be tightened.
Also, Was able to lower the center disc to be flush with pf however there seems to be some up and down slop when pf is lifted causing the spinner to be slightly above pf but when pf is lowered gravity puts it back in place. Does the center screw do anything to tighten this up? Doesn’t seem to tighten or loosen when I turn it.

I believe they made the upper playfield easy to flip up to make adjustments...

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe they made the upper playfield easy to flip up to make adjustments...

Pull out clip on axle holding arm that hooks the motor to mini playfield ( behind playfield wall ) remove loong allen head set screw back there. Pull the pirate ship playfield back a little and lifts up.

Enough to work on it, if you need to remove it, some connectors below main playfield are involved, mark the opto ones.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Hey friends-
If you're coming to Chicago Pinball Expo this weekend, come say hi. If you have a Pirates already, or one on order, let me know. I'll have a little something special for you if we meet in person.
Cheers,
Eric

Dang Eric. I was at expo and just read your post. I have a JJPOTC LE on order.
Can’t wait to get my machine!

Rodney

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don’t remove the ship Not necessary. On the Back of the Playfield behind the ship is a flat arm plate, nylon washer, and 2 socket head screws. Loosen the screws as the plate is Slotted and adjust ship tilt. As for the disk. Yes there is slop up and down just adjust level and only play with the Playfield Down lol. I had mine out to adjust gear mess noise very easy.

20B05056-687A-4332-AFFB-8BA13CB63077 (resized).jpeg20B05056-687A-4332-AFFB-8BA13CB63077 (resized).jpeg
#485 5 years ago

And Yes the foam should be removed. Lol

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t remove the ship Not necessary. On the Back of the Playfield behind the ship is a flat arm plate, nylon washer, and 2 socket head screws. Loosen the screws as the plate is Slotted and adjust ship tilt. As for the disk. Yes there is slop up and down just adjust level and only play with the Playfield Down lol. I had mine out to adjust gear mess noise very easy. [quoted image]

When you say adjust ship tilt, I’m assuming this will allow me to tilt it left to get to the bottom of right flipper?

Then level ship and retighten the 2 screws?

As for the disc, does that center screw do anything? I turned it left and right thinking it would reduce the up and down play and it doesn’t seem to do anything from what I can tell.

How did you reduce disc noise?

#487 5 years ago

I had ground braid in right side rear, lower leg bolt hole.

7937AC9D-9D81-45A8-BB74-799E1835E726 (resized).jpeg7937AC9D-9D81-45A8-BB74-799E1835E726 (resized).jpeg
#488 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When you say adjust ship tilt, I’m assuming this will allow me to tilt it left to get to the bottom of right flipper?
Then level ship and retighten the 2 screws?
As for the disc, does that center screw do anything? I turned it left and right thinking it would reduce the up and down play and it doesn’t seem to do anything from what I can tell.
How did you reduce disc noise?

You don’t have to worry about the disk up down as long as it’s level. Gravity will do the rest. As for the mesh adjust. Mine was a tad noisy as the gears were not meshing proper so simply loosening and adjusting the motor position via 2 screws made it better. Not major.

860653E8-8FF4-4AFF-9047-A4E38890C186 (resized).jpeg860653E8-8FF4-4AFF-9047-A4E38890C186 (resized).jpeg
#489 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You don’t have to worry about the disk up down as long as it’s level. Gravity will do the rest. As for the mesh adjust. Mine was a tad noisy as the gears were not meshing proper so simply loosening and adjusting the motor position via 2 screws made it better. Not major.
[quoted image]

How much did this help yours? My disc motor seems pretty loud as well although I'm not sure if that's normal. I took the mech out and tried messing around with the motor position but once back in the machine it didn't really seem to make any difference.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

How much did this help yours? My disc motor seems pretty loud as well although I'm not sure if that's normal. I took the mech out and tried messing around with the motor position but once back in the machine it didn't really seem to make any difference.

It’s still going to make noise as you have fresh plastic gears. After several games it will wear in a bit and quiet down. Mine the gears were barely touching so it sounded like a coffee grinder. Lol. Seems like the fine spot it close mesh but Not completely seated to the root of the gear. It is much quieter now and I suspect will get better in time and wear in. I may (but not suggesting to others) apply a silicone grease for plastic gears to fine tune but that is just a preference.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I had ground braid in right side rear, lower leg bolt hole.
[quoted image]

I had the same problem with mine, except it was the left side rear, lower leg bolt hole. This issue was supposed to be corrected with future cabinets so it wouldn't occur again.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s still going to make noise as you have fresh plastic gears. After several games it will wear in a bit and quiet down. Mine the gears were barely touching so it sounded like a coffee grinder. Lol. Seems like the fine spot it close mesh but Not completely seated to the root of the gear. It is much quieter now and I suspect will get better in time and wear in. I may (but not suggesting to others) apply a silicone grease for plastic gears to fine tune but that is just a preference.

Any idea what that center screw does on bottom side?
Part list calls it a serrated screw. I turned it a few times thinking I had to loosen it to adjust disc height.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any idea what that center screw does on bottom side?
Part list calls it a serrated screw. I turned it a few times thinking I had to loosen it to adjust disc height.

The center screw simply keeps the shaft from coming out of the bushing. No need to mess with that.

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The center screw simply keeps the shaft from coming out of the bushing. No need to mess with that.

I already did and it didn’t seem to move even though I turned in both directions.

I thought this was odd. This is where you can see the up down play with spinner as there is a small space between this screw and next component on shaft.

#495 5 years ago

We are So loving the plunder feature of this game software. I set it to the highest setting (bedlam I think?) and playing with friends and guests it really puts a spin on friendly competition. A little less serious and always a good laugh. At the end of our last game my wife Was winning till I pillaged virtually every point/gold she had. Lol we both had a good laugh playing like this. A new spin on pinball and loving it as it Should be Fun.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I already did and it didn’t seem to move even though I turned in both directions.
I thought this was odd. This is where you can see the up down play with spinner as there is a small space between this screw and next component on shaft.

As I have tried to say, do not worry about the up and down it is taken care of with gravity. Yes, there is about 1/16” of clearance there but it doesn’t matter the disk will never levitate out of the Playfield. Just adjust Large silver bushing to set height and lock plastic jamb nut and done.

#497 5 years ago

Can someone post a picture of how the topper sits in the channel up top and what hardware was used to install?

#498 5 years ago

Wish I could help you out, but my ceiling is to low so I won't be able to install it.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can someone post a picture of how the topper sits in the channel up top and what hardware was used to install?

Don’t have a picture but I can try words. Topper sits in channel. Screws go through large holes in front, through acrylic topper, and thread into rail. Install all screws and put provided plastic caps in front large holes in rail. 5 minute install.

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t have a picture but I can try words. Topper sits in channel. Screws go through large holes in front, through acrylic topper, and thread into rail. Install all screws and put provided plastic caps in front large holes in rail. 5 minute install.

Here is the hardware they gave me. Screws not long enough to reach threaded hole in channel and no idea what these plastic anchors are for.

Called JJP this am about the leg bolt issue and asked about the topper, possible wrong hardware sent.

71D1941C-9821-4B12-9EDF-B67BD176AF65 (resized).jpeg71D1941C-9821-4B12-9EDF-B67BD176AF65 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/10?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.