(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 377.
#5351 5 years ago

Today I replaced all remaining rubbers with Titans. Of course I was too lazy to remove the flippers before putting on the Titans. Now, the right flipper on the mini pf did not move back afterwards. I decided to remove the mini pf to check it out. It actually was not that hard to remove it. Once you've done it three times it probably will be easy. I found out that when I applied pressure to get the Titan on the flipper, I probably bent the flipper bushing. Now the flipper rubber touched the metal rail it sits on and prevented the flipper from moving freely. I had to bend the metal rail back slightly to allow the flipper to move freely again.

I'm afraid the rail will revert back to its initial position and put pressure on the flipper again. Should I replace the flipper gushing or is there any smart way to do that?

Also, when removing the black pearl I noticed that there is no silicone ring between the motor arm and the assembly behind the backboard as described in an earlier post.

#5352 5 years ago

Something else I noticed and haven’t been able to remember on locations games I’ve played, the left out lane/inland spotlights. They don’t seem to be pointing up but since they’re facing the back of the game I get huge glare on the backbox screen. I angled them down a bit more but still crazy glare, not sure the solution.

#5353 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Something else I noticed and haven’t been able to remember on locations games I’ve played, the left out lane/inland spotlights. They don’t seem to be pointing up but since they’re facing the back of the game I get huge glare on the backbox screen. I angled them down a bit more but still crazy glare, not sure the solution.

Only one solution due to the geometry here, pull all spots and install Pinstadium.

#5354 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve yet to officially order my POTC, I had to sell a couple of pins first- selling 2 tomorrow. I’ve seen a lot of you mention issues right out of the box, and that makes me a little nervous. Does anyone regret their purchase?

No not at all.Not sure where Kieth will take this game code/choreography wise, but right now it is really good (( not at Hobbit leve) . So far the only problem besides the out of box was a stuck gold switch that took 2 minutes to resolve. As some one mentioned earlier this is about as non Linear a game as you can get ( I too like SW and need to get a perm/LE some day to replace my pro), there is so much packed into the play field. It shoots great. In my opinion, not as smooth as DI but damn well. I found DI to be too linear so it has left the collection.

#5355 5 years ago

Debating whether I should remove that extra right outlane save rubber. It makes it very easy to save drains, but is also making the game enjoyable.
I put it on game 1 so I haven't tried it yet without it. May do that today to see how much harder it will be to save a drain.

#5356 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I tend to have the opinion it is not good to get the “first” of anything. Cars on a new body style/with new tech....pins...maybe wives (just kidding mine is phenomenal) etc...but when something is new it takes a little while to get the kinks worked out. I got mine (LE #61) early February from a mid January build. No real serious issues. I wanted it earlier but somehow summoned a little discipline and waited a little bit. Probably remaining fear from my Stern Star Wars LE pre order experience. lol It is well worth any issues. It’s that good. Could not be happier.

Hey brother. I have #62.

#5357 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I too like SW and need to get a perm/LE some day to replace my pro)

I considered upgrading my SW Pro at one point - the hyperloop on the upscale models is so cool! However the pro (in my view) plays a lot better.

The ramp getting into the Death Star rejects so many shots.

#5358 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

No not at all.Not sure where Kieth will take this game code/choreography wise, but right now it is really good (( not at Hobbit leve) . So far the only problem besides the out of box was a stuck gold switch that took 2 minutes to resolve. As some one mentioned earlier this is about as non Linear a game as you can get ( I too like SW and need to get a perm/LE some day to replace my pro), there is so much packed into the play field. It shoots great. In my opinion, not as smooth as DI but damn well. I found DI to be too linear so it has left the collection.

The flexibility with how Pirates can be played is so cool. Picking a character, setting up Pirate lanes and the map awards system adds a ton of strategy and depth to the gameplay experience.

If there's one thing I would like to see worked on with the code its additional choreography, light shows, etc for the games wizard modes.

#5359 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The flexibility with how Pirates can be played is so cool. Picking a character, setting up Pirate lanes and the map awards system adds a ton of strategy and depth to the gameplay experience.
If there's one thing I would like to see worked on with the code its additional choreography, light shows, etc for the games wizard modes.

I haven’t seen it yet myself but I hear that movie 5 wizard mode is kind of placeholdery at the moment, text on screen telling you what to shoot. Hoping it becomes a dramatic video experience like the other wizard modes by code complete.

#5360 5 years ago

Listened to the latest Kaneda podcast and left wondering why he continues to ridicule those on this thread who love their POTC. He just cannot let this go as he cherry picks information from the thread and emails he gets to his show in an attempt to prove his point. (Notice that none of the emails supporting POTC are being read.) This is more than having a different opinion. He seems to be obsessed with the need to be right on an issue that is purely subjective. In his efforts, he fails to see the fallacies, contradictions, and hypocrisy in his own argument. (By the way, he remind us that he still has that Patreon account that he said he would no longer discuss on air.) I guess this is how his podcasts usually run and I know, stop listening. So I will end my rant and spend more time with podcasts like Slap Save and Special When Lit.

#5361 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Interesting that you came to JJPOTC from SW. I did as well. I was specifically impressed by the character/mission concept that SW started and Pirates took even further. I like this as a way to mix things up and reduce repetition in pins.
I am drawn to this kind of pin as a keeper to own. Simpler more linear pins are fun, but ones I'd play on location rather than buy.

Same here. Need something deep. SW is a keeper for us as well.

#5362 5 years ago

pinball_keefer Another suggestion. I love that you can qualify port royal multiball with 2 skill shots to the pearl. What I don’t like is that when you qualify it with the second skill shot, the pearl “resets” and starts you over. I love loading and shooting the cannon. It would be cool to still let you load the cannon and shoot, then award and activate black pearl if/when you drain off the upper play field OR sink the ship. It could also award more points if you sink the ship too.

#5363 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Listened to the latest Kaneda podcast and left wondering why he continues to ridicule those on this thread who love their POTC. He just cannot let this go as he cherry picks information from the thread and emails he gets to his show in an attempt to prove his point. (Notice that none of the emails supporting POTC are being read.) This is more than having a different opinion. He seems to be obsessed with the need to be right on an issue that is purely subjective. In his efforts, he fails to see the fallacies, contradictions, and hypocrisy in his own argument. (By the way, he remind us that he still has that Patreon account that he said he would no longer discuss on air.) I guess this is how his podcasts usually run and I know, stop listening. So I will end my rant and spend more time with podcasts like Slap Save and Special When Lit.

He’s one opinion. Worth no more or less than my opinion. Or yours. So let’s move on.

edit: actually his opinion is worth slightly less than most, as he played on a very poorly setup machine, so he really doesn't have a proper machine to base his opinion on

#5364 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what’s going on with 666666 multiball? I’ve been there a few times. I know how to get there. I just don’t understand the advantage of getting there. Are all shots worth more?

#5365 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Only one solution due to the geometry here, pull all spots and install Pinstadium.

I hope not. Did you do this?

Quoted from gliebig:

Debating whether I should remove that extra right outlane save rubber. It makes it very easy to save drains, but is also making the game enjoyable.
I put it on game 1 so I haven't tried it yet without it. May do that today to see how much harder it will be to save a drain.

Which rubber did you put on? I’ve played games with the rubber on the right most post and with no runners on, but never with one on the left post. I think that left post would make it pretty easy to nudge a ball back into the shooter lane with a rubber on it.

Going to try and relevel the back of the game this weekend, still not sure the best spot to measure but I’ll post if I find anything helpful.

#5366 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Not sure I agree with this at all. He's read plenty of supporting emails about POTC including my own and I think he's showing how he hasn't given up on the game but willing to give it many takes. I think he's been pretty fair on the entire subject and ultimately he might not like it which is fine.

#5367 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

He’s one opinion. Worth no more or less than my opinion. Or yours. So let’s move on.

Kaneda’s an entertainer (and I do find his show very entertaining.). Strong controversial opinions make for entertaining discussions.
The fact he doesn’t like the game does not change or diminish our own experiences with it in any way.

I have to admit that some of his points about approachability and discoverability are probably valid. I had a friend roll up to the pin and give his impressions without any prompting from me. It was a fascinating usability study. The game did open up for him once I hit him with my short tutorial, but I held back at first as I was genuinely curious what the “cold” read would be.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390869283

The game makes perfect sense to me, and I feel it’s easy to understand, but I forgot that I’ve been watching JJP streams about it for months.
I knew and was excited about what the game had to offer before I ever touched one. That has an effect.

Most modern pins have a learning curve, especially ones designed with depth and longevity for home use.

He did make a good point though, that this thread has been more of a troubleshooting thread than one about playing the game.
I have two theories on this.

1. People who aren’t having problems are happily playing rather than posting.
2. People who are_ having problems want to get back to playing ASAP! (I’m in this category.)

I did cringe a bit when I heard my heated coil issue on the air (which again was my own self-induced problem, and is now fixed 100%.)

I know I play every day, and so does my wife. This hasn’t improved my skills any, but I keep working at it because it’s so damn fun.
I’ve also found that because POTC is more nudge-centric than other pins, it has improved my game on other pins. Heaving a 330lb monster back and forth makes tossing around a little bitty Stern so easy by comparison!

#5368 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure I agree with this at all. He's read plenty of supporting emails about POTC including my own and I think he's showing how he hasn't given up on the game but willing to give it many takes. I think he's been pretty fair on the entire subject and ultimately he might not like it which is fine.

I agree. He did give me a full episode to sing the game’s praises after all!

#5369 5 years ago

I'll just say this about the Kaneda podcast. Jack agreed to come on the show a while back which was very nice and it's a great episode. To then title a podcast "POTC Review GOAT? GTFO!" is both disrespectful to JJP and unprofessional. If you want to guarantee that no one from JJP will come on the show again that's one way to do it.

#5370 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll just say this about the Kaneda podcast. Jack agreed to come on the show a while back which was very nice. To then title a podcast "POTC Review GOAT? GTFO!" is both disrespectful to JJP and unprofessional.

Totally disagree. Not sure about you but I've grown tired of kiss ass podcasts. No problem with a guy titling a show with how he feels. I actually applaud this.

#5371 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Totally disagree. Not sure about you but I've grown tired of kiss ass podcasts. No problem with a guy titling a show with how he feels. I actually applaud this.

Yeah I can see your point, a lot of podcasts are guilty of that as well. It's cool he's willing to give the game another chance. Playing games on location is always hit or miss.

#5372 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Same here. Need something deep. SW is a keeper for us as well.

Not to get into a Star Wars rant on the pirates thread but while I grew to like the game I was underwhelmed from the start with my LE. I wanted to see them go all in like JJP has with pirates. I felt like they were happy with a stand up double instead of going for the grand slam......and it is a theme that deserves grand slam attention. I love that theme! The video integration and missions were fun but I was disappointed in the basic playfield. Blowing up the Death Star is way better in person than on video but the game was HARD unless you were a serious player.

I like games that appeal to nuts like us who are crazy for pinball and to my guests who come by to flip a few balls around and have fun. It got the least amount of guest play of any of the pins I have owned. People got excited to see it then played it and moved on. That doesn’t happen with pirates. To me it’s a solid game but not what I wanted to see and that disappointment was hard to get over. Never played the pro so maybe that might be a different/better experience.

#5373 5 years ago

I can't see what all the fuss about Kaneda is. I had never listened to a Kaneda podcast before , but after hearing about him here I thought I would check it out .
Over the last few days at work I listend to about 20 of his latest podcasts . To me he didn't come across as rude but just gave his reasons why the pin wasn't for him . He did have some facts wrong IE the number of CE'S made and he wasn't across the rules but I don't think that would change anything . Disagreeing with the goat is a bit silly , it's a bit like saying who is the most beautiful girl in the world , everyone will have their own opinion and if YOU think it's the goat then it is . He's obviously passionate about the hobby and if you disagree with him that's alright , its just good to hear discussion about Pinball .

#5374 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Which rubber did you put on? I’ve played games with the rubber on the right most post and with no runners on, but never with one on the left post. I think that left post would make it pretty easy to nudge a ball back into the shooter lane with a rubber on it.
Going to try and relevel the back of the game this weekend, still not sure the best spot to measure but I’ll post if I find anything helpful.

There's an extra small clear rubber in the goodie bagbtaht you can put on the lower right outlane post.

#5375 5 years ago
20190223_210328 (resized).jpg20190223_210328 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5376 5 years ago

When I say this is the perfect theme for us I mean it. The ship has been in my living room for years.....and almost hesitate to say that we have a pirates of the Caribbean themed guest bedroom. lol

Amazing how many pirate type drinking liquors there are as well!

8C8155B2-702F-4BF8-AA20-5618AC0F904F (resized).jpeg8C8155B2-702F-4BF8-AA20-5618AC0F904F (resized).jpeg911A0A36-1875-4BAC-B2CB-18F8F13DC4E4 (resized).jpeg911A0A36-1875-4BAC-B2CB-18F8F13DC4E4 (resized).jpeg
#5377 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Not to get into a Star Wars rant on the pirates thread but while I grew to like the game I was underwhelmed from the start with my LE. I wanted to see them go all in like JJP has with pirates. I felt like they were happy with a stand up double instead of going for the grand slam......and it is a theme that deserves grand slam attention. I love that theme! The video integration and missions were fun but I was disappointed in the basic playfield. Blowing up the Death Star is way better in person than on video but the game was HARD unless you were a serious player.
I like games that appeal to nuts like us who are crazy for pinball and to my guests who come by to flip a few balls around and have fun. It got the least amount of guest play of any of the pins I have owned. People got excited to see it then played it and moved on. That doesn’t happen with pirates. To me it’s a solid game but not what I wanted to see and that disappointment was hard to get over. Never played the pro so maybe that might be a different/better experience.

I had a Star Wars LE for over a year and feel very similar. I actually just sold it to buy a Pirates LE. The mission structure in Star Wars is awesome but I was not a big fan of the rather empty layout. In terms of shots that pass through or drop into an area Star Wars premium / LE has 8 of them (7 on pro minus the fork ramp) where Pirates has 16 not including the extra ball shot which would make 17.

It's cool that Star Wars has all of the movie clips and actor audio / video. After a while though the layout just felt dull, the left outlane drove me nuts, and the mini LCD area felt wasted with uninspired skillshots. You can tell where JJP spent their money with Pirates and it was on the toys, features, and code. I've finally realized that at the end of the day all those items are more important to me then having movies clips.

#5378 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Hey brother. I have #62.

Congrats!! Must be because I used to live in Ocean City, MD for a couple years after college while I “evaluated “ life

I am sure you are enjoying the heck out of it like we are.

#5379 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Yes, could not handle the glare
It is important to tape over the pinstadium leds at

Cave
Kraken
Target ship
Pearl entrance

As they are otherwise too bright
20190301_145546 (resized).jpg20190301_145546 (resized).jpg

#5380 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Cave
[quoted image]

20190228_153313 (resized).jpg20190228_153313 (resized).jpg

#5381 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I had a Star Wars LE for over a year and feel very similar. I actually just sold it to buy a Pirates LE. The mission structure in Star Wars is awesome but I was not a big fan of the rather empty layout. In terms of shots that pass through or drop into an area Star Wars premium / LE has 8 of them (7 on pro minus the fork ramp) where Pirates has 16 not including the extra ball shot which would make 17.
It's cool that Star Wars has all of the movie clips and actor audio / video. After a while though the layout just felt dull, the left outlane drove me nuts, and the mini LCD area felt wasted with uninspired skillshots. You can tell where JJP spent their money with Pirates and it was on the toys, features, and code. I've finally realized that at the end of the day all those items are more important to me then having movies clips.

I sold mine right before I bought pirates as well! I agree the video/audio didn’t make up for the playfield......although I did like dodging asteroids in video mode. While waiting to place my POTC order I went old school and picked up Williams IJ (my other keeper beside pirates) and black rose. I picked up black rose as a temp game to mess around with until I decided to get pirates. Before I bought it I had neighbor lined up to buy it as his first pin as he wanted something more entry level price wise. My wife said to me “black rose is quirky and fun....let’s keep it awhile longer and sell Star Wars.” lol

#5382 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

[quoted image]

Can you share some pics of the pinstadium hardware? It sounds like it should be easily replicated for a one-off.

In the image it looks like an L channel (if that's the term) with two different styles of LED strips. It uses magnets to hold it in place, what I understand and is controllable via a phone app. What am I missing?

#5383 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you share some pics of the pinstadium hardware? It sounds like it should be easily replicated for a one-off.
In the image it looks like an L channel (if that's the term) with two different styles of LED strips. It uses magnets to hold it in place, what I understand and is controllable via a phone app. What am I missing?

There's a whole Thread on DIY the Stadium lights. for like 1/4 the price here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting

#5384 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

When I say this is the perfect theme for us I mean it. The ship has been in my living room for years.....and almost hesitate to say that we have a pirates of the Caribbean themed guest bedroom. lol
Amazing how many pirate type drinking liquors there are as well!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Forget about a ship in a bottle or a lit up flaming skull & crossbones. Bottles of Pyrat Rum, Kraken Rum, and Cannon Blast should be the toppers on every game!

#5385 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Forget about a ship in a bottle or a lit up flaming skull & crossbones. Bottles of Pyrat Rum, Kraken Rum, and Cannon Blast should be the toppers on every game!

New rule. Whenever someone fires the canon and sinks the ship, all other players do a shot of rum. Yarrr.

#5386 5 years ago

Latest round of mods arrived today from mod couple. Pop covers, flasher covers and the monkey is in place. Will take a rainy day to install the silencer kit. Thanks Yelo.

Got this standard back in late October with invisiglass & shaker. I really don't care for the movies and probably wouldn't have bought this pin if it weren't for my wifes interest but it has actually turned out to be one of my favorite pins to play & discover. Probably one of the best pinball designs to come out in a very long time in my opinion.

Love these JJPOTC art blades from Tilt Graphics. Just waiting on the pearl decking from mezel and I'm calling this pin good.
20190309_140754 (resized).jpg20190309_140754 (resized).jpg20190309_140657 (resized).jpg20190309_140657 (resized).jpg20190309_135340 (resized).jpg20190309_135340 (resized).jpg20190309_140707 (resized).jpg20190309_140707 (resized).jpg20190309_140805 (resized).jpg20190309_140805 (resized).jpg20190309_141049 (resized).jpg20190309_141049 (resized).jpg

#5387 5 years ago

Got a chance to work on the final solution for the sagging monitor issue on my LE by making some wedges. I took a 1x2 and cut it to the appropriate lengths of 1-13/16". I also cut a 22.5deg bevel on the top front edge. I then screwed and glued a 2-1/2" piece of masonite to the back to act as a stop. I then used my pocket-hole jig and drilled the mounting holes. After some gloss black spray paint they look like this:

IMG_6614 (resized).JPGIMG_6614 (resized).JPG

After the paint dried I took the wedges to the pin and placed them in place, clamping them lightly to the monitor, and then mounted them with the pocket screws. The final result looks like this:

IMG_6616 (resized).JPGIMG_6616 (resized).JPG

IMG_6615 (resized).JPGIMG_6615 (resized).JPG

Monitor is now perfectly centered in the frame and backglass window.

#5388 5 years ago

So lets pretend I am scrawny 151 pound guy. This pin weighs 350+ pounds. Any suggestions on how to get this down 6 steps of stairs?

#5389 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So lets pretend I am scrawny 151 pound guy. This pin weighs 350+ pounds. Any suggestions on how to get this down 6 steps of stairs?

Rent an escalara.

#5390 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Rent an escalara.

100% correct

Either that or rent some friends with beer, pizza, and some pinball

#5391 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Any suggestions on how to get this down 6 steps of stairs?

Get 4 or 5 more pretend scrawny friends to help.

LTG : )

#5392 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Rent an escalara.

I used a similar device called a Power Mate. Either way you’re going to need help and the right tool.

#5393 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Latest round of mods arrived today from mod couple. Pop covers, flasher covers and the monkey is in place. Will take a rainy day to install the silencer kit. Thanks Yelo.
Got this standard back in late October with invisiglass & shaker. I really don't care for the movies and probably wouldn't have bought this pin if it weren't for my wifes interest but it has actually turned out to be one of my favorite pins to play & discover. Probably one of the best pinball designs to come out in a very long time in my opinion.
Love these JJPOTC art blades from Tilt Graphics. Just waiting on the pearl decking from mezel and I'm calling this pin good.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Space Jam!!

#5394 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

There's a whole Thread on DIY the Stadium lights. for like 1/4 the price here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting

Quoted from zaphX:

I used a similar device called a Power Mate. Either way you’re going to need help and the right tool.

My girlfriend bought me a PowerMate L1, it is very nice but you still really need a second person to help just take the weight of the bottom (load), so that you can step up or down.

There is a model above that you can do this alone but it is almost twice the price

#5395 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Kaneda’s an entertainer (and I do find his show very entertaining.). Strong controversial opinions make for entertaining discussions.
The fact he doesn’t like the game does not change or diminish our own experiences with it in any way.
I have to admit that some of his points about approachability and discoverability are probably valid. I had a friend roll up to the pin and give his impressions without any prompting from me. It was a fascinating usability study. The game did open up for him once I hit him with my short tutorial, but I held back at first as I was genuinely curious what the “cold” read would be.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390869283
The game makes perfect sense to me, and I feel it’s easy to understand, but I forgot that I’ve been watching JJP streams about it for months.
I knew and was excited about what the game had to offer before I ever touched one. That has an effect.
Most modern pins have a learning curve, especially ones designed with depth and longevity for home use.
He did make a good point though, that this thread has been more of a troubleshooting thread than one about playing the game.
I have two theories on this.
1. People who aren’t having problems are happily playing rather than posting.
2. People who are_ having problems want to get back to playing ASAP! (I’m in this category.)
I did cringe a bit when I heard my heated coil issue on the air (which again was my own self-induced problem, and is now fixed 100%.)
I know I play every day, and so does my wife. This hasn’t improved my skills any, but I keep working at it because it’s so damn fun.
I’ve also found that because POTC is more nudge-centric than other pins, it has improved my game on other pins. Heaving a 330lb monster back and forth makes tossing around a little bitty Stern so easy by comparison!

Just watching that stream of yours now.

It's like any pin within the past 25-30 years, not much more complex. Playing TOTAN or Cirqus Voltaire for the first time uninitiated will have someone scratching their head as well.

#5396 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great congrats! I am curious as we rarely see many POTC standards how many were made? Never going to know but my Guess is it will be rarer the. The CE Possibly. Great looking game in Any version!

#5397 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Depends, if it's new in the box my son in law and myself slid WOZ in the box down about 11 stairs.
If not Escalara or something similar. Also I have used someone with pinball moving experience to deliver and set up pins.

#5398 5 years ago

Good news I picked up my LE today from Automated Services and it was working 100% no issues except the sagging screen which I put a wedge under. He picked up his last batch last week and no more are available from JJP. He has 12 LE, 12 standard and 6 CE left. That's it. So get yours while you still can.

#5399 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Good news I picked up my LE today from Automated Services and it was working 100% no issues except the sagging screen which I put a wedge under. He picked up his last batch last week and no more are available from JJP. He has 12 LE, 12 standard and 6 CE left. That's it. So get yours while you still can.

30 POTC!?! He is about to have a windfall of sales. Holly wow. Glad to see these still sailing out to new customers.

#5400 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks great congrats! I am curious as we rarely see many POTC standards how many were made? Never going to know but my Guess is it will be rarer the. The CE Possibly. Great looking game in Any version!

Yeah it just doesn’t make sense to buy a standard. You’re already $8.5k deep. What the hell is another grand for a ton more features and candy. I can’t wrap my brain around that one. I can imagine resale would take a hefty hit on the standard version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/108?hl=skyrex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.