(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 378.
#5301 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A little additional info - I was adjusting that mech last night because the tips of the fork were coming up through the playfield when retracted.
After putting it back together I noted the fork would not retract. Upon examination I noticed a wire to the smaller coil (the one which pulls the release lever) had broken off. I soldered it back and the problem resolved.

Exact same had happened to me. Both solder points were cold, of incredibly poor quality. Pulled the original solder and resoldered the cables, all good now.

#5302 5 years ago

They can't add yo ho yo ho pirates life for me due to licensing constraints.

#5303 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any word on 1.0 code?
Anything new expected to be added?

I don't think thing we will hear anything until closer to TPF. Last update dropped back in Dec so hoping for a good size update

#5304 5 years ago

The wizard modes need more polish, fanfare, explanation, etc. Make them a big deal! Give me those showstopping moments! Like Killing Smaug is on The Hobbit.

#5305 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

The wizard modes need more polish, fanfare, explanation, etc. Make them a big deal! Give me those showstopping moments! Like Killing Smaug is on The Hobbit.

Really hoping this is added. Those types of moments are in Keith's other games so really hoping we see them with Pirates. Each wizard mode should have one of those moments as well as the super wizard mode once its added.

#5306 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They can't add yo ho yo ho pirates life for me due to licensing constraints.

I knew they couldn’t touch any of the soundtrack from the movies but didn’t realize this was unattainable as well.

#5307 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really hoping this is added. Those types of moments are in Keith's other games so really hoping we see them with Pirates. Each wizard mode should have one of those moments as well as the super wizard mode once its added.

Yes and it doesn't really have to have movie assets or complex coding to do this. Just as an example, after defeating the Kraken, you could have all the inserts go bright green and slowly dim away with an horrific sea monster-like sound to go along with it and the shaker that rumbles up then down with the lights.

#5308 5 years ago

That's it. I'm hitting the liquor store on the way home and getting me some minnie wizzy modes this weekend.

#5309 5 years ago

Trying to dial in my game. Are you guys turning down the power on the main slings and flippers ? Both seem really strong

#5310 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Trying to dial in my game. Are you guys turning down the power on the main slings and flippers ? Both seem really strong

I leave them at default. The slings do feel pretty powerful, but on comparison with my Star Wars it’s about the same. Flippers feel good to me but I’m assuming all coils are a little bit unique.

#5311 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Agreed. I hit a mini wizard mode usually every other game or so. Sometimes two min wiz modes a game. It's just not really exciting to get to them though. There isn't a whole lot there yet. Really not much of an explanation of what to do either. I love the hobbit wizards modes. They are incredible and exciting. The rules are laid out very well on the mini LCD screen.

Hopefully the new coded update spices those up. Keefer doesn't ever seem to let me down.

#5312 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I leave them at default. The slings do feel pretty powerful, but on comparison with my Star Wars it’s about the same. Flippers feel good to me but I’m assuming all coils are a little bit unique.

I hope there’s a future power adjustment that goes a little lower than 16 .., I get airballs into the outlanes a lot, just from double sling actions , and the tortuga exit is over the top fast or slow, whatever adjustment( bracket is tight) making it 50/50 stdm survival rate.. those two things solved would really please me .

#5313 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

I’m still having Depths kickout problems. The fix isn’t working. Even as few as two balls in there cause problems. Looks like I’m going to have to try and narrow it or offset it somehow so the balls don’t wedge in there.

I’m curious what pitch angle did you set your Playfield to? Seems like your subway returns are rolling rather quick if they are bunching. Similar issue can happen with the VUK to the Blackpearl as the ball technically has to roll to the rear of the Playfield (almost uphill) to enter the coil. I helped on one they they had the game at close to 8 degrees and no luck. After a proper level the game worked fine again.

#5314 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I knew they couldn’t touch any of the soundtrack from the movies but didn’t realize this was unattainable as well.

The only option to the Pirates life melody is to call #LTG and he will hum it to you over the phone. FYI his sound clarity sounds better after noon as he’s not a morning guy. Lol

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes and it doesn't really have to have movie assets or complex coding to do this. Just as an example, after defeating the Kraken, you could have all the inserts go bright green and slowly dim away with an horrific sea monster-like sound to go along with it and the shaker that rumbles up then down with the lights.

Yes! That's a great idea. This is the type of stuff that I hope gets added.

#5316 5 years ago

I agree there needs to be more call outs and excitement for wizard modes.

#5317 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The only option to the Pirates life melody is to call #LTG and he will hum it to you over the phone. FYI his sound clarity sounds better after noon as he’s not a morning guy. Lol

Lol, I prefer a drunken Pirates life melody... can he handle that request?

You have to admit though if it were possible to have this In attract mode say once every 15-20 minutes, this would be pretty darn sweet. Wouldn’t even need the whole song.

I’d be happy with any kind of Pirate sounds in attract mode, game needs something to lure you in.

#5318 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’d be happy with any kind of Pirate sounds in attract mode, game needs something to lure you in.

That was always one of the coolest things about the line for Pirates at Walt Disney World. You walk by a little cave entrance where you can hear pirates digging and talking. I remember being blown away by that as a kid in the ‘70s. And the coolness never did wear off.

And this sort of addition to the game doesn't even require hiring actors. Look at the Raven in Munsters. In house talent.

#5319 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

That was always one of the coolest things about the line for Pirates at Walt Disney World. You walk by a little cave entrance where you can hear pirates digging and talking. I remember being blown away by that as a kid in the ‘70s. And the coolness never did wear off.
And this sort of addition to the game doesn't even require hiring actors. Look at the Raven in Munsters. In house talent.

Agree... it could be Jack, Eric and Keith singing the damn song in Pirate accent.

Come on guys...DO IT!

#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I hope there’s a future power adjustment that goes a little lower than 16 .., I get airballs into the outlanes a lot, just from double sling actions , and the tortuga exit is over the top fast or slow, whatever adjustment( bracket is tight) making it 50/50 stdm survival rate.. those two things solved would really please me .

I would like to turn down the power on my slings and bumpers also. I noticed the coil power is listed in I assume milliseconds MS. So is a lower number more powerful (ie faster) or less powerful? What exactly is that measuring?

#5321 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Quoted from Psw757:

Lol, I prefer a drunken Pirates life melody... can he handle that request?

Tech support will be rough the rest of this evening.
LTG : )

#5322 5 years ago

Could I get some recommendations for what is the best wax to use on the playfield.

#5323 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Could I get some recommendations for what is the best wax to use on the playfield.

I’m interested in this also. So far I’ve just used Novus 1 which is a cleaner, not really a wax. As I understand it Novus 2 and 3 and polishes which are abrasive for taking out scratches.

#5324 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m interested in this also. So far I’ve just used Novus 1 which is a cleaner, not really a wax. As I understand it Novus 2 and 3 and polishes which are abrasive for taking out scratches.

One grand Blitz wax is what I use and is generally highly regarded on pinside.

#5325 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I found a pretty comprehensive guide:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#5326 5 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

Once you apply this the game plays too fast for the first couple weeks tho .

#5327 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One grand Blitz wax is what I use and is generally highly regarded on pinside.

When you get that sweet stuff, immediately transfer it to a Tupperware or something and happily toss the container of endless aggravation (tm)

#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

When you get that sweet stuff, immediately transfer it to a Tupperware or something and happily toss the container of endless aggravation (tm)

I just got a tub of it. Are getting all the lids off like breaking into ft Knox?

#5329 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I just got a tub of it. Are getting all the lids off like breaking into ft Knox?

I personally haven’t had any issues with the lid. I think it’s one of these situations where once it’s threaded on out of alignment it jacks it all up.

Just be careful to screw it on properly.

#5330 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wizard mist n shine is a fantastic cleaner. I like it better than Novus 1 and I believe it’s JJP approved.

As for a wax; I’ve used mothers carnuba wax in the past but it’s so dang messy. I hear blitz is great too but is also messy and leaves residue chunks of wax in crevices also. A high end meticulous collector turned me on to collinite 845 which I’ve been using since. It’s super easy and leaves no residue or white chunks. For home use only pins that I’ve purchased NIB, I find it to be perfect and I only wax once or twice a year, and use wizards mist n shine in between.

https://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid-Insulator-Wax-845/dp/B000JK2D06/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

#5331 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wizard mist n shine is a fantastic cleaner. I like it better than Novus 1 and I believe it’s JJP approved.
As for a wax; I’ve used mothers carnuba wax in the past but it’s so dang messy. I hear blitz is great too but is also messy and leaves residue chunks of wax in crevices also. A high end meticulous collector turned me on to collinite 845 which I’ve been using since. It’s super easy and leaves no residue or white chunks. For home use only pins that I’ve purchased NIB, I find it to be perfect and I only wax once or twice a year, and use wizards mist n shine in between.
amazon.com link »

If your getting chunks with Blitz your laying it down way too heavy, little bit goes a long way with this stuff.

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I personally haven’t had any issues with the lid. I think it’s one of these situations where once it’s threaded on out of alignment it jacks it all up.
Just be careful to screw it on properly.

Unfortunately, it apparently doesn't take much to jack up the threads. I was careful with my Blitz container, but it quickly became a PITA to open.

#5333 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The trick in my experience is to tighten the lid until just before it feels like it's closed tightly--then it's not so bad to remove the next time. When you over-tighten the lid past "closed"... well, it can be an adventure.

#5334 5 years ago

My buddy is streaming his CE right now. Http://twitch.tv/cextion

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

The flippers have different power levels right?

#5336 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My buddy is streaming his CE right now. Http://twitch.tv/cextion

I tuned in just in time for him to get at worlds end wizard mode! Haha good timing. I Had to cut it short though. CE playfield looks sweet!

#5337 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I tuned in just in time for him to get at worlds end wizard mode! Haha good timing. I Had to cut it short though. CE playfield looks sweet!

The whole CE cabinet is pretty dramatically awesome. I have some regret at not getting it. Love the topper, love the art (did not expect to), and LOVE the radcals.

I am upgrading my keeper machine to radcals as soon as they come back in stock.

#5338 5 years ago

I’ve yet to officially order my POTC, I had to sell a couple of pins first- selling 2 tomorrow. I’ve seen a lot of you mention issues right out of the box, and that makes me a little nervous. Does anyone regret their purchase?

#5339 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve yet to officially order my POTC, I had to sell a couple of pins first- selling 2 tomorrow. I’ve seen a lot of you mention issues right out of the box, and that makes me a little nervous. Does anyone regret their purchase?

Nope, not a bit. Gameplay and shots are friggin' unbelievable. Mine needed a few minor tweaks, but then again so has every NIB (or even used pin) I've ever bought. Get you one before they are gone!

#5340 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Not at all even with my early run issues.

#5341 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

You will have issues, but still worth it.

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m kind of in the same boat. Thinking about going with a different JJP game as my next pin; #1 to save money ($9k+ is over my budget) and #2 I have little kids, so free time isn’t something I have a lot of so I’d like to spend that playing, not fixing.

#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Not even a tiny bit. Only regret I have is not getting the CE.

#5344 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

You will have issues, but still worth it.

We’re hearing a lot more “success stories” OOTB lately, and also indication JJP is performing more fixes at the factory.

The wind’s at our back, boys!

#5345 5 years ago

I tend to have the opinion it is not good to get the “first” of anything. Cars on a new body style/with new tech....pins...maybe wives (just kidding mine is phenomenal) etc...but when something is new it takes a little while to get the kinks worked out. I got mine (LE #61) early February from a mid January build. No real serious issues. I wanted it earlier but somehow summoned a little discipline and waited a little bit. Probably remaining fear from my Stern Star Wars LE pre order experience. lol It is well worth any issues. It’s that good. Could not be happier.

#5346 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I tend to have the opinion it is not good to get the “first” of anything. Cars on a new body style/with new tech....pins...maybe wives (just kidding mine is phenomenal) etc...but when something is new it takes a little while to get the kinks worked out. I got mine (LE #61) early February from a mid January build. No real serious issues. I wanted it earlier but somehow summoned a little discipline and waited a little bit. Probably remaining fear from my Stern Star Wars LE pre order experience. lol It is well worth any issues. It’s that good. Could not be happier.

Interesting that you came to JJPOTC from SW. I did as well. I was specifically impressed by the character/mission concept that SW started and Pirates took even further. I like this as a way to mix things up and reduce repetition in pins.

I am drawn to this kind of pin as a keeper to own. Simpler more linear pins are fun, but ones I'd play on location rather than buy.

#5347 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Two thumbs up on Firsts with women and getting the kinks out of them. Lol. That made me laugh. A good partner is a wonderful thing even if it takes work.

#5348 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Only honest regret is not getting a spare like I did with BM66LE. This POTC Will be special I have no doubt. I sincerely hope others get to experience it and it doesn’t become the next BBB or CC. (Granted those were mostly show). Don’t want to over sell this game but they really did an incredible job top to bottom on this and for Eric’s first solo act I Really hope JJP will keep this dream design team together on the next build sadly without DavidT.

#5349 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only honest regret is not getting a spare like I did with BM66LE. This POTC Will be special I have no doubt. I sincerely hope others get to experience it and it doesn’t become the next BBB or CC. (Granted those were mostly show). Don’t want to over sell this game but they really did an incredible job top to bottom on this and for Eric’s first solo act I Really hope JJP will keep this dream design team together on the next build sadly without DavidT.

I'm eager to see what Eric and company do next! What a great first effort.

#5350 5 years ago

Everybody is still working together, although David is no longer there as you said. Pat has another design coming as does Eric of course. Some great stuff coming along behind Pirates so hopefully it will be fun going forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/107?hl=skyrex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.