(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 378.
#5201 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would definitely call your distributor / JJP. That is unacceptable if it's not mylar lifting but rather clear coat.
Does anyone know if there's a piece of mylar around the spinning disk to prevent the edge from chipping? In the picture it looks like JJP doesn't put mylar around the exposed edge around the spinning disk.

There is Mylar on the table at the edge of the disc.

#5202 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would definitely call your distributor / JJP. That is unacceptable if it's not mylar lifting but rather clear coat.
Does anyone know if there's a piece of mylar around the spinning disk to prevent the edge from chipping? In the picture it looks like JJP doesn't put mylar around the exposed edge around the spinning disk.

Yes, all the machines I’ve seen have a mylar ring around the disc.

#5203 5 years ago

The Mylar doesn’t bother me, the fact that the wood is curling with the Mylar is the issue. It literally looks/feels like a speed bump. Game is 6 days old and I’ve played maybe 25 games on it.

#5204 5 years ago

Hi guys, if any of you are interrested in checking out the playfield dissasabeld on a pirates, please check out the video link.
Installing pf protector on Collectors edition

#5205 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

The Mylar doesn’t bother me, the fact that the wood is curling with the Mylar is the issue. It literally looks/feels like a speed bump. Game is 6 days old and I’ve played maybe 25 games on it.

I’d contact your distributor and go from there.

#5206 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I switched mine all to Titans. I had to up all my flipper coil settings to have the same effect on the ball.
Or am I crazy? I would have to assume it's because the titan rings are softer and don't transmit the same power to the ball when you are using the harder stock rubbers.
Has anyone else noticed this?
I usually use Super Bands, but decided to try Titans this time.

I put Titans on the 3 red flippers and 2 slings, which were all worn. I left the rest of the rubbers alone, for now.

I actually found them to play more or less the same (if not exactly the same) as the original reds, and I did not have to adjust power.

#5207 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Is the disk flush with the playfield? I don't see how the wood could be damaged unless the disk sits lower then the playfield. Based on the pictures it looks like just the mylar is coming off. It may be hard to tell what if any damage occurred to the wood until the mylar is removed. As others have said best to contact distributor / JJP first.

#5208 5 years ago

I agree with getting in touch with your distro, they should be able to handle it. I could not see a crack though, is it possibly part of the art?

#5209 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is the disk flush with the playfield? I don't see how the wood could be damaged unless the disk sits lower then the playfield. Based on the pictures it looks like just the mylar is coming off. It may be hard to tell what if any damage occurred to the wood until the mylar is removed. As others have said best to contact distributor / JJP first.

It is flush, the gap is from me holding the mech to try getting a good pic. If you roll a ball across, it doesn't jump or anything. It feels flush if you run your and across it as well (except where it's raised from the splitting of the wood). I wish I would have noticed it immediately so it didn't get to this point but I have been playing with the lights off to enjoy the GI lighting.

#5210 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

It is flush, the gap is from me holding the mech to try getting a good pic. If you roll a ball across, it doesn't jump or anything. It feels flush if you run your and across it as well (except where it's raised from the splitting of the wood). I wish I would have noticed it immediately so it didn't get to this point but I have been playing with the lights off to enjoy the GI lighting.

Ah ok. In one of the pictures it seems like the mylar isn't correctly centered around the disk. It looks like there may be a small gap between the edge of the wood and mylar and towards the right side the mylar seems to be hanging over the edge a bit. The exposed edge though does seem to have any damage which is good.

#5211 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I put Titans on the 3 red flippers and 2 slings, which were all worn. I left the rest of the rubbers alone, for now.
I actually found them to play more or less the same (if not exactly the same) as the original reds, and I did not have to adjust power.

Interesting. Maybe I'm just crazy then.

#5212 5 years ago

pinball_keefer Just a minor coding suggestion. It would be nice if the cannon load door didn't close so quickly after not having a switch hit on the upper play field. More times than I can count, I'll have a ball up there (usually in a multiball) and that door closes because the ball had been flopping around up there and not hitting a switch. Then I shoot for the door and the damn thing is closed.

I like that the door closes after not detecting any more switch hits. Maybe just extend the time a few more seconds before it closes?

Love the game man. Nice work.

#5213 5 years ago
I get this as I eyeball a lot of carpentry stuff I do. But for leveling your spinning map on your expensive pin. Let me suggest a combo square or nice metal ruler, it is perfect for the job! Just a suggestion!
I hope you get your issue fixed quickly and back to pirating soon!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5214 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

pinball_keefer Just a minor coding suggestion. It would be nice if the cannon load door didn't close so quickly after not having a switch hit on the upper play field. More times than I can count, I'll have a ball up there (usually in a multiball) and that door closes because the ball had been flopping around up there and not hitting a switch. Then I shoot for the door and the damn thing is closed.
I like that the door closes after not detecting any more switch hits. Maybe just extend the time a few more seconds before it closes?

Yes. And make it worth more points. I just feel that such an awesome/difficult/satisfying shot should be worth big points.

#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I get this as I eyeball a lot of carpentry stuff I do. But for leveling your spinning map on your expensive pin. Let me suggest a combo square or nice metal ruler, it is perfect for the job! Just a suggestion!
I hope you get your issue fixed quickly and back to pirating soon![quoted image]

Appreciate it, good advice. I'll get it worked out, this game is too good to let this deter me! If they say nothing can be done, I'll just bite the bullet and get a new playfield to swap out if it gets to the point of really affecting gameplay. I'll try replacing just the mylar first and see if it keeps any additional damage from occurring.

#5216 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That meant I wasn't able to fire the cannon until the On Stranger Tides multiball animation ended and the action button came back online.

This is a bug in 0.98 and earlier, it has been fixed.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Just a minor coding suggestion. It would be nice if the cannon load door didn't close so quickly after not having a switch hit on the upper play field. More times than I can count, I'll have a ball up there (usually in a multiball) and that door closes because the ball had been flopping around up there and not hitting a switch. Then I shoot for the door and the damn thing is closed.

I'll think about it. The timeout only occurs in multiball (not single ball play), and is five seconds long.

Quoted from NightTrain:

We appreciate the kind words.

#5217 5 years ago

The issues I consistently run into is too many balls get caught in The Depths during multiballs. No matter what power I have the VUK coil set at, it can’t deal with it. It’s like a ton of balls line up in there through various avenues and all sit there because of animations playing.

#5218 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

The issues I consistently run into is too many balls get caught in The Depths during multiballs. No matter what power I have the VUK coil set at, it can’t deal with it. It’s like a ton of balls line up in there through various avenues and all sit there because of animations playing.

Did you install the “subway fix” post?

#5219 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you install the “subway fix” post?

I didn’t! Educate me!

#5220 5 years ago

I haven't even turned on any of my other games in the last two weeks.

#5221 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

I didn’t! Educate me!

Duplicated this on the potcfixes page but originaled from Pinballpal here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/50#post-4758736

Apparently JJP is now shipping with this fix so I guess it is now more or less official.

#5222 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Duplicated this on the potcfixes page but originaled from pinballpal here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/50#post-4758736
Apparently JJP is now shipping with this fix so I guess it is now more or less official.

Interesting! I have a really recent build, I’ll have to see if this is already in there.

#5223 5 years ago

I like that spinning pop mod with the dude with the claw hands and worm beard. (Can you tell I'm a huge movie buff).
Does anyone sell that? Or is there a link to a diy?

#5224 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Interesting! I have a really recent build, I’ll have to see if this is already in there.

Just curious, what is your build date? Have an LE coming and wondering if I'll need to do this as well.

#5225 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I appreciate your monitoring and commenting.

The game is really fantastic, thanks to you and all!

#5226 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

This is a bug in 0.98 and earlier, it has been fixed.

I'll think about it. The timeout only occurs in multiball (not single ball play), and is five seconds long.

Gotcha. I mainly notice it when the ship is rocking around a medium speed. Just enough to keep the ball up there by itself. Then you're trying to hit the balls with the flippers and happen to just miss the ball. The ball has a way of staying up there on it's own sometimes when the speed is just right.

Thanks for contemplating this.

#5227 5 years ago

Notice a hairline crack running through the center of the plastic Black Pearl ramp. Opened up a support ticket with JJP.

Doesn't effect gameplay, crack doesn't go all the way through, it's not easy to see unless you have the glass off and are looking at it, and it still seems to be in one piece. But I wonder if I can get a backup ramp just in case the crack gets worse/doesn't hold up long term.

#5228 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I like that spinning pop mod with the dude with the claw hands and worm beard. (Can you tell I'm a huge movie buff).
Does anyone sell that? Or is there a link to a diy?

Here is the link to the Davy Jones How To post. Reminder this is to modify the Existing spinning barrel. If you have a standard machine there is no option to make it spin. Reminder to those looking for fixes or other, your fastest source is to hunt (how to fish) is to use the "View Topic Image Gallery" link at the top of each forum thread. Scroll quickly through the pictures till you find the image of your interest and that will have a goto link to That subject/solution in the Long thread. Fast way to see if there is an answer/mod/fix or other. Really speeds up searching these 5,000 plus page threads.

Davy Jones post link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/50#post-4759212

Image Gallery link from the top of each forum thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?gallery#g

#5229 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Here is the link to the Davy Jones How To post. Reminder this is to modify the Existing spinning barrel. If you have a standard machine there is no option to make it spin. Reminder to those looking for fixes or other, your fastest source is to hunt (how to fish) is to use the "View Topic Image Gallery" link at the top of each forum thread. Scroll quickly through the pictures till you find the image of your interest and that will have a goto link to That subject/solution in the Long thread. Fast way to see if there is an answer/mod/fix or other. Really speeds up searching these 5,000 plus page threads.
Davy Jones post link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/50#post-4759212
Image Gallery link from the top of each forum thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?gallery#g

Thanks. Yeah, I had just found it searching through the images. I found one DJ on Ebay. Are they really $200bones or is the one I found just high?

#5230 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Thanks. Yeah, I had just found it searching through the images. I found one DJ on Ebay. Are they really $200bones or is the one I found just high?

Yeah sadly the correct Series 1 figures (scale and look) are a bit of a hunt. You just have to stay vigilant and they pop up from time to time. As you don't need a NIB one they can be found. Mine was $40 just didn't have the collector box which I would have pitched anyway. That is the reason we can't offer this upgrade since they are in the Unobtainium category. A fun and simple DIY though.

#5231 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

They can be had for less, got mine for less than $50 on ebay last week. Just have to be patient for a reasonable seller. Others on here are using other figures from the series instead which are still selling around original retail. DJ is the most expensive one on the secondary market......

#5232 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

They can be had for less, got mine for less than $50 on ebay last week. Just have to be patient for a reasonable seller. Others on here are using other figures from the series instead which are still selling around original retail. DJ is the most expensive one on the secondary market......

And the Sexiest!! lol

#5233 5 years ago

The build date of the LE that I'm set to have delivered is 2/11. Do you guys think that's ok to go with or I should wait for a later build date? Another owner with a build date of 2/4 noticed that the subway fix was already done to his game from the factory. Just wondering if there's anything else I should wait for? I'm not even sure if I can get a later build date at this point.

#5234 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The build date of the LE that I'm set to have delivered is 2/11. Do you guys think that's ok to go with or I should wait for a later build date? Another owner with a build date of 2/4 noticed that the subway fix was already done to his game from the factory. Just wondering if there's anything else I should wait for? I'm not even sure if I can get a later build date at this point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it much. Get the game and check it over when you get it.

#5235 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pull the trigger! Buy it. We like similar pins … so believe me, you will not regret it.

#5236 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn’t worry about shit like this. My games was built in early October and believe it or not have had zero issues with the subway and I have well over 1000 games played now.

DO IT!

#5237 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mine was built 2/4 as well no major issue just a few adjustments. Mine also has subway fix . Great game really do enjoy it. Buy now you wont regret it

#5238 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Mine was built 2/4 as well no major issue just a few adjustments. Mine also has subway fix . Great game really do enjoy it. Buy now you wont regret it

What does the subway fix look like from the factory? Same as what others were doing aftermarket?

#5239 5 years ago

Mine is #69 and built 2/11. I have one problem that is nagging and consistent but 100% fixable I just need time to deal with it.

They have bound the wiring so tight that any movement of my PF (in or out) knocks off the 3 connections on the far right hand board in the head. Its freaking maddening! I have clipped wire ties, loosened up the bundle in multiple spots and still have the issue. I am going to have to "mount" the wire loom up inside the base cabinet enough to leave slack up to the head so that when the weight of the bundle hits those connectors they don't come off.

I just got my game last night and pretty much didn't get to play due to this issue.

Basically I scrapped playing last night and just put my mods in place instead. Again this issue is 100% fixable I just need the time to get it done.

I can also say that Yelobird is 100% right this game has to be level and pitched right. Until I did this last night the ball would get stuck in multiple places. Afterwards rolling the ball over the PF through loops etc no problem.

#5240 5 years ago

Looks like I need to repitch the back of my machine. I’ll be honest I always level from the front of the pf and do left and right and set to 6.5-7 there but have never leveled the back of a machine before. Hasn’t been an issue before but it would be nice if that solved my issues.
Where are y’all measuring for the back of the game?

#5241 5 years ago

My November build had zero issues. Haven’t had to do the subway fix either. *shrug*

#5242 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My November build had zero issues. Haven’t had to do the subway fix either. *shrug*

CLearly build date is not an absolute indicator, then.

I have been thinking of putting together an unboxing guide listing the things to check for and the preventative maintenance issues.

Checks:
- Confirm all connectors fully seated
- Confirm all switches pass in switch test (especially on the Pearl)
- Confirm full motion of the Pearl control arm without bending the mount
- Confirm Tortuga scoop is not loose. Fix and loctite if so.
- Confirm chest fork is not poking above playfield when retracted, and screws are not loose. Fix and loctite if so.

Adjustments / Preventative Tweaks:
- Adjust Pearl ramp so ball always rolls off right
- Put plastic wire loom on the Dauntless wiring
- Subway fix

I guess that’s actually pretty much it.

#5243 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

What does the subway fix look like from the factory? Same as what others were doing aftermarket?

Yep just a post next to entrance

#5244 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just curious, what is your build date? Have an LE coming and wondering if I'll need to do this as well.

Mine was built in early February. It has the fix, though doesn’t seem to be working. I wonder if I need to ramp the angle up more or do something else. Only two balls got stuck in there earlier, and my kickout is strong enough. It’s like they’re getting stuck and not getting into position correctly.

#5245 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Duplicated this on the potcfixes page but originaled from pinballpal here:

Sorry to be dense, but I can't tell from the picture and the description where the post needs to be placed to resolve the problem. I've had this issue pop up on multiballs. Just can't visualize for sure where the post needs to be put in.

#5246 5 years ago

I’m happy to report that my issue is being resolved. Just had a fantastic conversation with Mr. Jersey Jack himself! He is getting me taken care of. I have to say, I am now and forever will be a loyal JJP customer. Service doesn’t get much better than that!

#5247 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I’m happy to report that my issue is being resolved. Just had a fantastic conversation with Mr. Jersey Jack himself! He is getting me taken care of. I have to say, I am now and forever will be a loyal JJP customer. Service doesn’t get much better than that!

That is great to hear! They definitely stand behind their products and I’ve found their support to be great too.

#5248 5 years ago

I appreciate the input and dedication Zaph.

But when i get my game I'm going load the balls in there, fire it up and start flipping. And then see where it goes!

Any problems? I'll refer back to the great reference guide you guys have done!

#5249 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Nice to hear about great customer service!

#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wouldn’t worry about shit like this. My games was built in early October and believe it or not have had zero issues with the subway and I have well over 1000 games played now.
DO IT!

Quoted from cbdarden:

Mine was built in early February. It has the fix, though doesn’t seem to be working. I wonder if I need to ramp the angle up more or do something else. Only two balls got stuck in there earlier, and my kickout is strong enough. It’s like they’re getting stuck and not getting into position correctly.

Thanks again guys for the feedback. Much appreciated I'm go for delivery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/105?hl=djxealot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.