(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 377.
#5151 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

FYI on my LE same born date as yours my plunger tip was completely torn off and had to be replaced right out of the box.

I wonder what’s up with that. My first game had a torn shooter tip so I bought ten of them. My friends CE that I set up also had a torn tip.

Someone must be pulling on them really hard during install! Might be a good item to throw in an extra in the goody bag.

#5152 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

BTW has anyone rerubbered their POTC in Titans? Did you do it right away?

Main playfield is already done in Titan(?) translucent silicone that seems to act consistently with other Titanized pins I have, so those aren't needed. However, the flipper rubbers (red main, black upper) and the Black Pearl upper playfield is still done in black rubber rings. I immediately swapped the flipper rubbers and upper playfield black rings with Titan equivalents of the same color.

#5153 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Main playfield is already done in Titan(?) translucent silicone that seems to act consistently with other Titanized pins I have, so those aren't needed. However, the flipper rubbers (red main, black upper) and the Black Pearl upper playfield is still done in black rubber rings. I immediately swapped the flipper rubbers and upper playfield black rings with Titan equivalents of the same color.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a good idea to me.

#5154 5 years ago

I switched mine all to Titans. I had to up all my flipper coil settings to have the same effect on the ball.

Or am I crazy? I would have to assume it's because the titan rings are softer and don't transmit the same power to the ball when you are using the harder stock rubbers.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I usually use Super Bands, but decided to try Titans this time.

#5155 5 years ago

So I just starting getting an error, target switch #48 is stuck closed, target ship. Is this the ship on the left side of the playfield? Anyone know how to get to it? Do I have to remove the upper deck?

Thanks

Gerry

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So I just starting getting an error, target switch #48 is stuck closed, target ship. Is this the ship on the left side of the playfield? Anyone know how to get to it? Do I have to remove the upper deck?
Thanks
Gerry

Pretty sure that just means the Dauntless hasn't been hit recently, you can hit it with your hand to see if the error goes away. Or just ignore it.

#5157 5 years ago

Arrr. Me mods come in.

20190306_170417 (resized).jpg20190306_170417 (resized).jpg
#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Pretty sure that just means the Dauntless hasn't been hit recently,

Drop a ball in it.

LTG : )

#5159 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Arrr. Me mods come in.

Have some stuff I need to order from them too. Looks cool, man. Seems like they do quality work.

#5160 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Drop a ball in it.
LTG : )

Still showing as an error.

#5161 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just get a new tip. Super easy to replace. I would actually recommend getting a Titan silicone one and pick up some red silicone flipper bands while you are at it.

These will work?

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Arrr. Me mods come in.
[quoted image]

Exactly what I bought. So good

#5163 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Still showing as an error.

Push on the ship. It is the miss switch.

#5164 5 years ago

Huge Thank You to @kingpingames!
Had the compass lcd go bad. In less then a week, new one arrived and back to the High Seas!!!
My first mate was no help at all!!

C84D4142-DDD7-47FD-BD01-AE75A0347C3A (resized).jpegC84D4142-DDD7-47FD-BD01-AE75A0347C3A (resized).jpegB71A9A9C-301A-4433-BD28-4619FA73EB3E (resized).jpegB71A9A9C-301A-4433-BD28-4619FA73EB3E (resized).jpeg
#5165 5 years ago

Does anyone know the post# for yelobirds tutorial on making a new replacement for tortuga tom? Im looking for something to do this weekend other than all the things on the wifes honey-do list! The list has builted up ever since I got this game

#5166 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

No, dropping a ball in the dauntless resolves '#79 Target Ship Bullseye (closed)'

To fix 'Target Switch #48 (stuck closed)' just grab the Dauntless ship and move it left then right.

#5167 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

I had this same error. While the machine was on, I pushed on the ship. This cleared the error for me.

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Does anyone know the post# for yelobirds tutorial on making a new replacement for tortuga tom? Im looking for something to do this weekend other than all the things on the wifes honey-do list! The list has builted up ever since I got this game

Post #2473
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/50#post-4759212

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

No, dropping a ball in the dauntless resolves '#79 Target Ship Bullseye (closed)'
To fix 'Target Switch #48 (stuck closed)' just grab the Dauntless ship and move it left then right.

My dauntless was hanging up on the wire loom behind the backboard.

#5170 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

My dauntless was hanging up on the wire loom behind the backboard.

That will do it too.

#5171 5 years ago

How many POTC owners have pinstadiums for this game? I know Villathrilla does I think, anyone else?

#5172 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How many POTC owners have pinstadiums for this game? I know Villathrilla does I think, anyone else?

I do - I like them b/c I play mostly in the dark but I keep them relatively low compared to my other machines simply b/c I don't want to drown out the nice coloring during modes.

#5174 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I do - I like them b/c I play mostly in the dark but I keep them relatively low compared to my other machines simply b/c I don't want to drown out the nice coloring during modes.

Thanks.

If I put them on I am sure I would be doing the same. I want more light on games for sure but all the photos/vids all seem too bright almost washing out the art & color. Now on WOZ they look fantastic as that game just seems way too dark. And older game w/o LEDs just screams for pinstadiums IMHO. I just wouldn't want to over do it is all.

#5175 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/71#post-4731785

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5176 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks.
If I put them on I am sure I would be doing the same. I want more light on games for sure but all the photos/vids all seem too bright almost washing out the art & color. Now on WOZ they look fantastic as that game just seems way too dark. And older game w/o LEDs just screams for pinstadiums IMHO. I just wouldn't want to over do it is all.

let me know if you need any pics of mine to help out. I def don't have them on full blast BUT they allow me to see the entire PF when it's dark.

#5177 5 years ago

Thank you.

I like what I see and I think the game needs the extra lighting but the complaint I have (like I have see from others) the dot effect you get from wireform reflections. And of course with POTC those wireforms are right next to the lights so that dotting is even more exaggerated. Tough call.

What setting do you have yours on?

#5178 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thank you.
I like what I see and I think the game needs the extra lighting but the complaint I have (like I have see from others) the dot effect you get from wireform reflections. And of course with POTC those wireforms are right next to the lights so that dotting is even more exaggerated. Tough call.
What setting do you have yours on?

1 (resized).PNG1 (resized).PNG
#5179 5 years ago

And which flasher did you go with for the UV connection

#5180 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

If this is a fact, and I am sure it regarding your ties to the company, and since Eric is your brother, this needs to be shouted out loud in this tread.
In my opinion, they are gearing up for the next release. JJP will be doing the game on the small line. Skip the freaking out.

He was referring to JJP renewing the WOZ license, Pirates is likely done for good this month based on all the rumors. After Pirates is done this month it sounds like JJP will be moving onto the 250 Yellow Brick Road WOZ's and then to game #5.

#5181 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And which flasher did you go with for the UV connection

The shaker.

#5182 5 years ago

Interesting never would have thought to link it there.

#5183 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

He was referring to JJP renewing the WOZ license, Pirates is likely done for good this month based on all the rumors. After Pirates is done this month it sounds like JJP will be moving onto the 250 Yellow Brick Road WOZ's and then to game #5.

Yes, that's what he was referring to. Going back to the original posts shows that.

I'd imagine they were on track to build this starting March 2017, and ending March 2019.

#5184 5 years ago

I think someone who has the skills should put something on the back board of PF!!!

#5185 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

My only two current issues are:
The chest is having issues releasing the balls. I wanna say switch error 48? It will release balls but only after multiple attempts. First 10-15 games this was a non issue but now it is. Any suggestions?
The other issue is very minor but still... Looks like my plunger rubber tip fell off. First 25 games or so it was fine but noticed a loud clicking sound when I plunged the ball after that and that's when I discovered it
broke off. Should I glue it back on or is it better to have JJP send me a new one? Thanks all

Take the glass off and see if two balls have magnetized. Slowly roll them and see if they stick together with the glass off. That's what happened with mine. I had to replace the balls. Someone else had said their game wasn't level correctly so the balls weren't rolling correctly.

Plunger tip is an easy fix you can get those anywhere

#5186 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

Looks like my plunger rubber tip fell off. First 25 games or so it was fine but noticed a loud clicking sound when I plunged the ball after that and that's when I discovered it
broke off. Should I glue it back on or is it better to have JJP send me a new one? Thanks all

Mine did the same thing after a dozen games. I had a spare but I'm sure JJP will send you one.

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Interesting never would have thought to link it there.

I have my flasher hooked to the shaker also. For the GI connection I hooked into a spotlight so the Pin lights are always on. When connected to a spotlight the Pin light illumination is constantly on at whatever color and brightness you set them at. I started out with the GI tapped to an RGB insert light, but the Pin lights then just turned off when that insert light was illuminated as one of the two colors I hadn't tapped into. Made for a much darker game during modes when the Pin lights were off. I like playing in very dimmed lighting so I chose to go with constant Pin illumination from the spotlight connection. I also removed the bulbs from all the spotlights so now the only lights on are the Pin lights. For me, I liked doing that because it reduced the washed out lighting on the playfield from the spots and allowed me to get the overall lighting level where I wanted it. I've been happy with the result. There is reflection on the wire ramps, but I really stopped noticing it after awhile and it doesn't bother me.

#5188 5 years ago

Anyone seen this before? Just had this delivered on 3/2 and it’s splitting. Should I reach out to JJP direct? Pics were not very good, the clear is pulling up where it’s splitting and 1/2” under.

359476EF-6D70-45C8-AE87-96DBD91EDC55 (resized).jpeg359476EF-6D70-45C8-AE87-96DBD91EDC55 (resized).jpeg6B727FC2-02DB-4E12-9002-E0C0CED9A90C (resized).jpeg6B727FC2-02DB-4E12-9002-E0C0CED9A90C (resized).jpeg
#5189 5 years ago

I just had an interesting situation pop up. Wondering if anyone else has had it happen. During At World's End multiball, I used the left Black Pearl flipper to load the cannon on the upper playfield. Coincidentally (and unintentionally), on that same shot the upper left flipper on the lower playfield hit a ball that happened to be coming its way. That ball went around the inner loop and kicked off On Stranger Tides multiball. The animation for the start of On Stranger Tides multiball kicked on, and during that time the compass LCD and action button went inactive. That meant I wasn't able to fire the cannon until the On Stranger Tides multiball animation ended and the action button came back online. Unfortunately, the cannon shot timer must have expired and it dropped the ball out harmlessly out of the cannon right as the animation was ending. Probably a one-in-a-whole-bunch chance of a shot (and kind of a perfect storm set of facts lined up), but I was surprised I lost the cannon shot from having to wait for the animation on a new multiball to end.

#5190 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Anyone seen this before? Just had this delivered on 3/2 and it’s splitting. Should I reach out to JJP direct? Pics were not very good, the clear is pulling up where it’s splitting and 1/2” under. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah that's not ideal. I'd just call JJP direct.

#5191 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just had an interesting situation pop up. Wondering if anyone else has had it happen. During At World's End multiball, I used the left Black Pearl flipper to load the cannon on the upper playfield. Coincidentally (and unintentionally), on that same shot the upper left flipper on the lower playfield hit a ball that happened to be coming its way. That ball went around the inner loop and kicked off On Stranger Tides multiball. The animation for the start of On Stranger Tides multiball kicked on, and during that time the compass LCD and action button went inactive. That meant I wasn't able to fire the cannon until the On Stranger Tides multiball animation ended and the action button came back online. Unfortunately, the cannon shot timer must have expired and it dropped the ball out harmlessly out of the cannon right as the animation was ending. Probably a one-in-a-whole-bunch chance of a shot (and kind of a perfect storm set of facts lined up), but I was surprised I lost the cannon shot from having to wait for the animation on a new multiball to end.

Hit both flippers to skip the multiball animation.

#5192 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Anyone seen this before? Just had this delivered on 3/2 and it’s splitting. Should I reach out to JJP direct? Pics were not very good, the clear is pulling up where it’s splitting and 1/2” under. [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s Mylar, not clearcoat. You can take it off and replace it.

#5193 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That’s Mylar, not clearcoat. You can take it off and replace it.

Good to know. I’m more worried about the wood separating. Again, hard to tell from the pics. Is the second ring where the Mylar is a separate piece that you know of? I can’t tell with the mech in place from the underside.

#5194 5 years ago

Never mind, looks like part of the Playfield. No bueno.

BF22121D-4050-4581-BFAC-CC61A79A5D9B (resized).pngBF22121D-4050-4581-BFAC-CC61A79A5D9B (resized).png
#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Little quirk/fix I found that might be useful to someone. Last night, the chest ball lock wasn't releasing the balls when it was supposed to. Game would go into ball search mode. The gate would open. Balls would not roll out. Thought they were magnetized, or something wasn't working...
...and then I realized I was stupid. Even though I had the back feet at exactly the same height, one of my floor tiles was raised high, and another pushed low (crappy tile job). Result was, the back of the machine was not level. I checked the front but didn't check the back. As a result there wasn't enough of an angle for the balls to roll out. Leveled the back of the machine, and all worked well after that. But worth noting that a few degrees off was enough for the pinballs to stick in the chest. If that happens to you, double check your levels.

Just a suggestion NOT to criticize but with games of this era it is Critical that you properly level them. In all directions. Not with bubble levels, thread count, or by eye. Just too much going on and too many layers of geometry to estimate these things. Get a proper level or as many (like myself) use one of the great and free pinball leveling apps like "Pinguy" Level left to right and top to bottom at both the lower And upper area of the playfield. These games are built and designed like a fine watch. Take the time to set them up correctly and odds are your experience will be wonderful. The simplest things usually make the Biggest difference most times.

#5196 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

LE #78 (Build date 2/4/19) is now setup in my house, picked it up yesterday from zmeny from Flip N Out Pinball, even got hollywoodbone to help us load it:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Went thru everything with a fine tooth comb, some fixes were already installed from the factory, which shows they do listen to Pinside:
[quoted image]
Also added Titan Silicone rings on the Black Pearl and Flippers, tonycip's Medallion Shooter, as well as MezelMods clear plastic protectors. Hopefully the ordered Cliffys will come in sometime soon.....
I've only problems with two issues, one is the Black Pearl wasn't quite centered in its rocking action, which was easily addressed adjusting the screws on back.
The other issue is a PITA that I've yet to been able to fix: Upon setting up the pin I discovered that the display itself not latched in place correctly during shipping on the right side. Luckily it did not damage the backglass. Once I moved the wooden shipping blocks and latched the display into place the right is sagging almost 3/8-1/2" too low. I tried everyday possible to adjustment to the display and mounting arm possible short of total disassembly of the mount with no improvement, the silver frame of the display is still visible and showing on the left. My temporary solution for now is inserting a wooden block as wedge to push up the right side, it's not visible while the backglass is on but its not right. I'm contacting Zach & JJP tomorrow to see if they have any suggestions. I tried most tricks in this thread with no avail.
Besides that she is a best to play. Be looking for an order in the next couple of days yelobird ! Hoping to keep her in the lineup for a long time:
[quoted image]

Did you find any other plastic protectors domestically for sale?

Congrats, by the way!

#5197 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Did you find any other plastic protectors domestically for sale?
Congrats, by the way!

No, Pinbits never responded to my emails (again) and showed none on their website, and laseriffic didn’t show any either. I went with MezelMod clears and they work & fit fine.

#5198 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you've had your game for more than a few weeks I would assume it's the shorter one ( check with your dealer ) and as far as I know that's where you meant to put that bump

all our games have the later modified bracket and a ton of other updates done before local delivery

#5199 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Good to know. I’m more worried about the wood separating. Again, hard to tell from the pics. Is the second ring where the Mylar is a separate piece that you know of? I can’t tell with the mech in place from the underside.

Quoted from Coindropper:

Never mind, looks like part of the Playfield. No bueno.
[quoted image]

I would definitely call your distributor / JJP. That is unacceptable if it's not mylar lifting but rather clear coat.

Does anyone know if there's a piece of mylar around the spinning disk to prevent the edge from chipping? In the picture it looks like JJP doesn't put mylar around the exposed edge around the spinning disk.

#5200 5 years ago

Well...did he ever adjust the spinning disc ride hide?

If the disc is too liw the clear will be torn off just like that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
30,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/104?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.