(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 377.
#5101 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nice! Good for you Do you think buying this pin without actually playing it first would be a mistake? I’m tempted to just pull the trigger now since TPF would be a last minute decision

I wished I could’ve played more games on it before pulling the trigger.

But with the few games I played, talking to friends and watching the Podcast, I decided to do it.

It’s an extremely fun game to play. It definitely has a lot going on with a deep code. I felt it would be a good fit to my collection.

Check with a distributor about how many they have. Maybe they’ll still have some after the expo.

There’s going to be HUO ones coming up for sale in the future.

#5102 5 years ago

With the coming market saturation of pins, within 8-10 months there will be tons of used games on the market.

#5103 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Your concerns are valid. I always advise people to go find the game on location, drop $20 in it and see what it is like. If you want to push that start button again after 20 games then it is probably a good choice for you, if you want to walk away after 6 games, then you just saved yourself a lot of money. looking at the map though. it looks like the closest one to you is in Houston.

I better just wait and play yours at the TPF

#5104 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I wished I could’ve played more games on it before pulling the trigger.
But with the few games I played, talking to friends and watching the Podcast, I decided to do it.
It’s an extremely fun game to play. It definitely has a lot going on with a deep code. I felt it would be a good fit to my collection.
Check with a distributor about how many they have. Maybe they’ll still have some after the expo.
There’s going to be HUO ones coming up for sale in the future.

Great advise

#5105 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nice! Good for you Do you think buying this pin without actually playing it first would be a mistake? I’m tempted to just pull the trigger now since TPF would be a last minute decision
Looking for a pin that has lots of stuff to do, sorta like IJ

I played it twice on location and didn't really feel it. Hate Depp and never watched the movies. Bought it anyway and love it. Go for it.

#5106 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I live in Frisco TX (same city as TPF.). If you’re in town for TPF you’re welcome to come play at my place if you want a home experience.

#5107 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I live in Frisco TX (same city as TPF.). If you’re in town for TPF you’re welcome to come play at my place if you want a home experience.

Extremely humbled. Thanks!!!

#5108 5 years ago

Picked up a PotC Standard from Little Shop of Games a little while ago. Excellent machine. Went with Standard because already way over budget for pins this year and gameplay still the same - though LE is definitely the better value if you have the scratch for it. I may consider exploring adding that spinning pop bumper + figure at some point because that was freaking cool.

Long-winded review already in place in the review section, though I am amazed that the Standard is rated SO MUCH LOWER - even in things like art, sound, and gameplay - because those features are the same as the LE.

Love the machine so far. First Jersey Jack I've ever owned. Hell, first JJP I've even PLAYED (though I played a little on Dialed In at Little Shop of Games after I tried PotC).

Probably will have questions for y'all as I go along.

20190221_114123 (resized).jpg20190221_114123 (resized).jpg
#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m considering buying a spare playfield so I have one on ice for a rainy day in the future. This is a long term keeper for me and I expect it to see a lot of play and wear. I do worry about waiting too long and missing my chance. Spare playfield decals and such also.

You just made me pull the trigger on a backup CE playfield. Get it while I can.

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

You just made me pull the trigger on a backup CE playfield. Get it while I can.

Yeah I’m seriously debating it. Hate to throw even more money at the same game, but nice to basically forget about playfield wear completely.

#5111 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Jump on in Korndoggie, you will love it!

Zaph, why do you have a CA address if you live in Frisco?

#5112 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jump on in Korndoggie, you will love it!
Zaph, why do you have a CA address if you live in Frisco?

Permanent home/gameroom in TX, crash pad for work in CA. Wife and I take turns traveling back and forth.

#5113 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I’m seriously debating it. Hate to throw even more money at the same game, but nice to basically forget about playfield wear completely.

I feel like you and I feel that the CE playfield is even more limited.

#5114 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Permanent home/gameroom in TX, crash pad for work in CA. Wife and I take turns traveling back and forth.

Hmmm. I'd put the ole Texas address on your Pinside profile but that's just me

GREAT job on spending so much time helping out with this pin. Lloyd is fantastic and i know he can use some help!

#5115 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm. I'd put the ole Texas address on your Pinside profile but that's just me
GREAT job on spending so much time helping out with this pin. Lloyd is fantastic and i know he can use some help!

Heh. CA is where I am most of the time. I’m happy to help other people enjoy this great game, I’m passionate about things I really like!

#5116 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Heh. CA is where I am most of the time. I’m happy to help other people enjoy this great game, I’m passionate about things I really like!

I hope you don't tell the IRS that

#5117 5 years ago

Why are some of you wanting to buy a new playfield for a brand new machine? I understand production is gonna stop pretty soon. Are you guys concerned about the quality of the playfields? What’s the deal?

#5118 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Why are some of you wanting to buy a new playfield for a brand new machine? I understand production is gonna stop pretty soon. Are you guys concerned about the quality of the playfields? What’s the deal?

Just to have the ability to make it perfect one day N years from now. I’m not at all worried about wear (any more than any other pin.)

JJP offers them for sale which is the bug that got me thinking about it at all. Did not consider this previously.

#5119 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sidebar question: why is production stopping so soon? How many of these games were/will be made, anyway?

#5120 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Sidebar question: why is production stopping so soon? How many of these games were/will be made, anyway?

Only JJP knows for sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#5121 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just to have the ability to make it perfect one day N years from now. I’m not at all worried about wear (any more than any other pin.)
JJP offers them for sale which is the bug that got me thinking about it at all. Did not consider this previously.

I guess I would do the same thing if IJ playfields were available

#5122 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I guess I would do the same thing if IJ playfields were available

Basically the same reason I put paint protection film on my cars. I don’t want to stress about little bits of damage and wear, I want to enjoy it.

#5123 5 years ago

Has anyone installed one the the new thinner clear playfield overlays? Far cheaper than a new PF, and would help protect the investment.

That said if someone is not planning on using their CE playfield option to buy, let me know

#5124 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Has anyone installed one the the new thinner clear playfield overlays? Far cheaper than a new PF, and would help protect the investment.
That said if someone is not planning on using their CE playfield option to buy, let me know

I have one installed. It does the job and no gameplay problems have arisen. Looks nice after a few months of high play. I did have to wipe out all the flipper dust from underneath the protector in he back right. The ship just rains it down. Would recommend for ops to protect your investment. For home? Meh!

#5125 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I love to play this game and play it like stole it. Not really just thought it would make a great wall art. And will have it for years down the road.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5126 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

If you love the game, it's a sensible thing to do.

Once it goes out of stock, value goes up so, and can probably sell it for more in the years to follow if you don't want it.

#5127 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Short answer /speculation /guess from reading this thread is that the license is up and it doesn't pay to renew when you have all the other licenses on the clock. May revisit down the line but there's three heavily anticipated titles in the pipeline so who knows when it will be rerun.

Also bottom line seems to be high on this game and they can make more money producing something else.

WOZ seems to be more licensor friendly

#5128 5 years ago

JJP actually owns the WOZ license. They don't have to renew it over and over. So they can make runs anytime they want.

#5129 5 years ago

I was thinking I would like a CE playfield
But they'll only sell them to CE owners.
So if theres a CE owner would like to help me out . Send me a PM thanks.

#5130 5 years ago

I can see why some people would want a replacement playfield in storage for down the road just incase something happens. Honestly though, in a home environment if you install Cliffys, keep the playfield cleaned / waxed, and change the balls every so often there will be minimal wear on the playfield even 20-30 years down the road.

#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

JJP actually owns the WOZ license. They don't have to renew it over and over. So they can make runs anytime they want.

Really? When I was just at the factory I was told they just renewed it for a few more years.

#5132 5 years ago

So what is the consensus on no foam behind these targets. Seems like a lot of people have noticed this. It seems very odd. Anybody know?

IMG_3503 (resized).jpgIMG_3503 (resized).jpg
#5133 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can see why some people would want a replacement playfield in storage for down the road just incase something happens. Honestly though, in a home environment if you install Cliffys, keep the playfield cleaned / waxed, and change the balls every so often there will be minimal wear on the playfield even 20-30 years down the road.

I'm not worried about it. Besides, given the ratings this pin has received, I'm sure reproduction playfields will be a thing someday.

#5134 5 years ago

Still getting into my new game and trying to figure out the game play. What am I supposed to be shooting when I am on the Black Pearl? Is the main objective to shoot the spinners? Is it so many spins of the spinners that open the door to load the cannon or something else?

Thanks

Gerry

#5135 5 years ago

My LE #69 is being delivered today. It's making its journey from NJ to VA thanks to Denethor. Looking forward to setting it up and playing it after we let it warm up to room temp overnight. 26 degrees in RVA today and we have no heat in our house . Heat pump went out on us and new one is being installed today. 2019 has been an expensive couple of months that's for sure.

#5136 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Still getting into my new game and trying to figure out the game play. What am I supposed to be shooting when I am on the Black Pearl? Is the main objective to shoot the spinners? Is it so many spins of the spinners that open the door to load the cannon or something else?
Thanks
Gerry

The second section of the PDF manual for the pin has a GREAT write up with illustrations of all the basics of gameplay. JJP did a great job with it.

#5137 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

Ship has one main task and two side tasks as I see it...

Fire cannon
Step 1: hit certain number of spinners
Step 2: hit either green LOAD or CANNON target
Step 3: hit the cannon door

Two side tasks
- hit BONUS and X targets to light a stand up on main playfield for your bonus X (first one 2x, then goes up)
- hit SPOT and GOLD targets to light the GOLD targets on main playfield so that more gold can be collected the next time you hit that main playfield shot

#5138 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I love to play this game and play it like stole it

Definitely!!! No investment for this guy, I do that with my 401! Enjoy that mofo!

#5139 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quoted from gliebig:

Really? When I was just at the factory I was told they just renewed it for a few more years.

This is correct. Jjp renewed thier licensing. It is a time based license.

#5140 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So what is the consensus on no foam behind these targets. Seems like a lot of people have noticed this. It seems very odd. Anybody know?[quoted image]

This is to allow the upper flippers to not be so strong on a smaller playfield. Makes it easier to "hit" the switch.

#5141 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looking for a pin that has lots of stuff to do, sorta like IJ

I bought mine without having played it as none were available near me. 100% it was the right call for me. But the theme is one I knew I would enjoy. If I had missed out on this trying to find one to play first I would have regretted it. Love it enough I am thinking of buying replacement parts because this is a long term game for me.

#5142 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

This is to allow the upper flippers to not be so strong on a smaller playfield. Makes it easier to "hit" the switch.

That's what I was thinking. The spot gold targets still have foam, but I would have to assume that's because they are taking a more hit and will have move force exerted on them.

#5143 5 years ago

Little quirk/fix I found that might be useful to someone. Last night, the chest ball lock wasn't releasing the balls when it was supposed to. Game would go into ball search mode. The gate would open. Balls would not roll out. Thought they were magnetized, or something wasn't working...

...and then I realized I was stupid. Even though I had the back feet at exactly the same height, one of my floor tiles was raised high, and another pushed low (crappy tile job). Result was, the back of the machine was not level. I checked the front but didn't check the back. As a result there wasn't enough of an angle for the balls to roll out. Leveled the back of the machine, and all worked well after that. But worth noting that a few degrees off was enough for the pinballs to stick in the chest. If that happens to you, double check your levels.

#5144 5 years ago

For those of you looking to get a spare play field to have on hand, have you looked into cost on this? Any idea?

#5145 5 years ago

$999 from JJ. You can find them in the store

#5146 5 years ago

A big shout out to Joe at PinballStar Amusements. My local distributor was out of PoTC LEs but Joe was glad to help me out. Shipping was super fast and it thankfully arrived safe and sound. I received LE# 64 last Wednesday and overall it plays like an absolute dream. Born on date is 2/11/19 so it's clear they worked out most of the links by now. I do have two tiny issues which I'll address in a moment but first I have to say a big Thank You to JJP for this machine.
This game is a masterpiece guys. Not even crazy about the franchise but JJP NAILED IT on this one!
Simply incredible. If you are on the fence about PoTC JJP - don't be. This will likely be long remembered as a new bwncark in pin design. Get it and thank us later!

My only two current issues are:

The chest is having issues releasing the balls. I wanna say switch error 48? It will release balls but only after multiple attempts. First 10-15 games this was a non issue but now it is. Any suggestions?

The other issue is very minor but still... Looks like my plunger rubber tip fell off. First 25 games or so it was fine but noticed a loud clicking sound when I plunged the ball after that and that's when I discovered it
broke off. Should I glue it back on or is it better to have JJP send me a new one? Thanks all

#5147 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

A big shout out to Joe at PinballStar Amusements. My local distributor was out of PoTC LEs but Joe was glad to help me out. Shipping was super fast and it thankfully arrived safe and sound. I received LE# 64 last Wednesday and overall it plays like an absolute dream. Born on date is 2/11/19 so it's clear they worked out most of the links by now. I do have two tiny issues which I'll address in a moment but first I have to say a big Thank You to JJP for this machine.
This game is a masterpiece guys. Not even crazy about the franchise but JJP NAILED IT on this one!
Simply incredible. If you are on the fence about PoTC JJP - don't be. This will likely be long remembered as a new bwncark in pin design. Get it and thank us later!
The chest is having issues releasing the balls. I wanna say switch error 48? It will release balls but only after multiple attempts. First 10-15 games this was a non issue but now it is. Any suggestions?
The other issue is very minor but still... Looks like my plunger rubber tip fell off. First 25 games or so it was fine but noticed a loud clicking sound when I plunged the ball after that and that's when I discovered it
broke off. Should I glue it back on or is it better to have JJP send me a new one? Thanks all

Congrats on the game. It really is amazing.

Don't glue that plunger tip back on. Contact JJP or Joe and get a replacement. Mine broke after just a few games too. Shitty rubber. I have replacements on hand and just used one of those.

Enjoy the new toy!

#5148 5 years ago

Just get a new tip. Super easy to replace. I would actually recommend getting a Titan silicone one and pick up some red silicone flipper bands while you are at it.

#5149 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

You and I are "brothers per se" same born date (2/11), same distro (Joe who rocks btw), and I am LE #69. My game was picked up about 2 weeks ago at the plant and is on its way to me today.

I would say get a new plunger tip for sure. You should order a couple of spares as it never hurts to have a few things like that around, also some spare balls since everything points to the balls in this game getting magnetized fairly easily and thus a swap out will be needed.

FYI on my LE same born date as yours my plunger tip was completely torn off and had to be replaced right out of the box.

#5150 5 years ago

BTW has anyone rerubbered their POTC in Titans? Did you do it right away?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/103?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.