• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jenk540i
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9E783B43-5C69-4C0F-ADBC-8EFE9802E0B7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jenk540i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

When a ball is on the black pearl mini play field and after activating opening of the cannon loading door (the green “lite fuse” arrow is lit) it’s very difficult to load the cannon because that flap does not stay open. The flap opens momentarily, but then drops right back down, and then if it gets hit several times with the ball it might hold it open again for about 10 seconds before it drops back down again.

Is this normal game play? I have not had the game for very long and it has been this way ever since I acquired the game.

I have checked the mechanical connections and the flap raises and lowers easily manually. In the coil test (coil number 072: black pearl cannon load door lock) when testing the coil will fire and flip the flap up momentarily.

#3 3 years ago

OK. So when I do that switch number 71 (right orbit enter) seems to trigger fairly reliably. There is no mechanical switch there or opto switch that I can see. So I am not sure how or what to adjust.

In test mode it shows the two black pearl motor optos active at times.

And I just realize there is a JJP Pirates technical support thread so I moved this topic to that thread to avoid duplicate posts.

9E783B43-5C69-4C0F-ADBC-8EFE9802E0B7 (resized).jpeg9E783B43-5C69-4C0F-ADBC-8EFE9802E0B7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jenk540i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-black-pearl-cannon-load-coil-question?tu=Jenk540i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.