• 28 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LitzDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

just put a deposit down on DI LE....

Is there any reason to order through JJP versus doing it through a distributor??

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Distributors get game first do not order JJP use local distributor

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Distributors get game first do not order JJP use local distributor

Isn't that only true if the distributor ordered before you from JJP?

#4 7 years ago

Order through a really big distributer. They will get a bunch of games before the smaller distributers here on pinside or direct JJP sales. Buying direct from jjp results in the longest wait imo. However you dont want an early game. Let others work out the problems. You never want the first 100 games off the line.

#5 7 years ago

Joe at pinball star is great to deal with

#6 7 years ago

Just wait until a game is ready to be delivered.

#7 7 years ago

Market research will provide you the best option for purchase, both local to you and overall in price.

Rarely going through the manufacturer is the best option today, based on internet competition and additional sales security unless there is no other option.

Make phone calls and do not forget to factor in free shipping, insurance, taxes (even if picking the game up "out of state"), warranty conditions, or technical support in costs.

Technical assistance with the manufacturer is really only a concern if you get a "lemon", not how to understand a pinball machine.

Beware of "non refundable deposits" that are returning to distributors and manufacturers due to increasingly difficult market of new game sales stalls. Some distributors will not divulge this information unless you read or ask directly.

Also, reconsider desposits on games that have not been released. Manufacturer delays are prevalent, and features are subject to change without notification.

How would you feel if you paid a manufacturer a deposit and they declared bankruptcy before you received your game?
That day is approaching once again, just like the past. All but two of the current seven manufacturers have potential for immediate insolvency.

#8 7 years ago

Also consider sales tax. Depending on where you live JJP, may have to charge you sales tax. If you order out of state, you don't have to pay it (although you are supposed to voluntarily claim it on your tax return). Find a big dealer that has a record of helping the consumer wit any issues.

#9 7 years ago

I've had good experiences with automated dealing with jjp games. I would recommend them.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

All but two of the current seven manufacturers have potential for immediate insolvency.

List please in order!

#11 7 years ago

I use Chris at Kingpin Games(Wisconsin)...he is as good as they come. Super responsive and a really trustworthy and great guy as well.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I've had good experiences with automated dealing with jjp games. I would recommend them.

The consensus seems to be that Automated offers the best price on JJP games. I know that this was the case a couple of years ago regarding a 75th WOZ in another thread, but maybe other dealers have since become more competitive.

#13 7 years ago

I have been selling JJP games since woz was announced. Seen it through thick and thin times!. I have ordered the same numbers on Hobbit woz and now dialed in. $250.00 deposit refundable on DI.
Some people want there games asap some wait till a few have been run. Your Choice!!

I don't post pricing here call me for a price. 219-924-PINS (7467) or 2198086063

Pincades
Chicago Land JJP Dist.
JT

#14 7 years ago

If you pay cash or wire money through you bank can get you a price cut from some as no credit card fees

#15 7 years ago

I've found Jen at JJP to be awesome to deal with. I purchased my WoZ from her and couldn't have been happier. (The manufacturing delays sucked but those were not her fault) +1 for Jen and great customer service.

#16 7 years ago

Buy from whoever you are comfortable. But food for thought. Does that person or company haul games to shows so that everyone might get a chance to play them? Its expensive to bring games to shows and a lot of work. JJP helps the local distributors sometimes with games for the shows but often its the local guy hauling his showroom games, setting them up, taking them down and then taking the loss of that game since its now out of the box and a demo. Does the distributor answer the phone on weekends and at night? Help with tech support if he can? Like I said buy from someone you trust and are comfortable in dealing but is price everything?

Larry
flipnoutpinball.com

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Buy from whoever you are comfortable. But food for thought. Does that person or company haul games to shows so that everyone might get a chance to play them? Its expensive to bring games to shows and a lot of work. JJP helps the local distributors sometimes with games for the shows but often its the local guy hauling his showroom games, setting them up, taking them down and then taking the loss of that game since its now out of the box and a demo. Does the distributor answer the phone on weekends and at night? Help with tech support if he can? Like I said buy from someone you trust and are comfortable in dealing but is price everything?
Larry
flipnoutpinball.com

Couldn't have said it better myself @flipnout1. I just got done doing 2 home remodel shows in the Madison, WI area. I will also be bringing games from Wisconsin to the Texas Pinball Festival and to the Midwest Gaming Classic. This is truly a labor of love. For the amount of time that is put in just to have someone buy from another distributor because "they are cheaper" is a slap in the face. I am all for finding the best deal, but the cheapest price isn't always the best deal. Check around. Games can be shipped from anywhere, what matters is service after the deal. What happens when you order a game from a distributor/manufacturer that only is around monday-friday 9am-5pm and you have an issue on a saturday morning? Most of the "smaller distributors" (like me) are answering our phones and responding to emails 7 days a week... some of us even do it for machines we didn't sell.

Christopher
KingPin Games
Authorized JJP Distributor
608-393-2299 cell

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Joe at pinball star is great to deal with

I just purchased a NIB Hobbit Smaug LE for a customer through Joe at PinballStar-Fantastic experience. He had the game in stock, very good price! Easy transaction and game set up and played right away!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Larry
flipnoutpinball.com

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Couldn't have said it better myself flipnout1. I just got done doing 2 home remodel shows in the Madison, WI area. I will also be bringing games from Wisconsin to the Texas Pinball Festival and to the Midwest Gaming Classic. This is truly a labor of love. For the amount of time that is put in just to have someone buy from another distributor because "they are cheaper" is a slap in the face. I am all for finding the best deal, but the cheapest price isn't always the best deal. Check around. Games can be shipped from anywhere, what matters is service after the deal. What happens when you order a game from a distributor/manufacturer that only is around monday-friday 9am-5pm and you have an issue on a saturday morning? Most of the "smaller distributors" (like me) are answering our phones and responding to emails 7 days a week... some of us even do it for machines we didn't sell.
Christopher
KingPin Games
Authorized JJP Distributor
608-393-2299 cell

Well spoken by both of you fellas. (Both Great Dist.'s as well) I will agree with all those quotes, Especially setting up shows. That's on the dist. dime, its not cheap either when you figure travel, hotel, food, employee, all show expenses etc.
Pincades
Chicago Land JJP Dist.
JT

#20 7 years ago

Personally I would try to get into the very end of the purchase line, that way your machine benefits from all the earlier machines. I had a lot of trouble with my hobbit initially and wished I had waited a few more months, but I got one of the earlier distributor ones.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I just purchased a NIB Hobbit Smaug LE for a customer through Joe at PinballStar-Fantastic experience. He had the game in stock, very good price! Easy transaction and game set up and played right away!

Most distributors are hard working people IN the hobby. We do ADD a lot as prior posted stated...

Steve, thanks for the kind words... We always do try to have great pricing, games pre-bought in stock or ready to go at factory so no wait / quick shipping, and excellent service / communication before and after the sale... Equally pleased this post came from someone who isn't even a customer yet - very cool.. We work hard and do alot in the pinball community - huge booths at shows, parties, charity work, donations of prizes to tournaments, etc... so thank you... : )

We are distributors for JJP (WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In), Planetary Pinball (MMR, upcoming AFMR), Spooky Pinball (AMH, RZ, and upcoming #3), VP Cabs (Vertigo, Wizard, Mini), Chicago Gaming (Arcade Legends, etc...)

Email us for our current for sale price list - super dooper lower than ever pricing going on now on Hobbits for a short time while current supplies last !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#22 7 years ago

I preordered my Dialed In LE from PinballSTAR as well. It's my first time buying a JJP machine, and it's my first time buying from Joe. Joe was quick to answer my questions before I ordered, and I have felt confident with my decision. Aside from possibly getting the game early, I wanted to support a distributor like Joe that drags games to shows, supports charities, and is a visible part of the pinball community.

#23 7 years ago

I would go through a distributor rather than direct. The distros are the ones who bring the games to shows so we can all test out games. And they work for us when problems arise.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

List please in order!

PM for clarification based on current manufacturers.

#25 7 years ago

Joe at PinballStar is a great guy to work with.

#26 7 years ago

I strongly endorse Larry @ Flipnoutpinball. I have bought a few NIB games from Larry. He has delivered, setup and test the games before leaving. He brought over the MMr color upgrade and installed it. He gave me the software for Hobbit upgrade. If that were not enough, Larry is an U.S. Military Veteran.

I do not know how far and wide he travels, but believe KY, TN, IN, and Ohio are all in his local area.

I would not hesitate to buy NIB or a used game from Larry.

#27 7 years ago

Larry will be at Louisville Expo of course. A first class guy.

#28 7 years ago

I bought an Escalera from Larry. Superb customer service and great pricing. Definitely a good guy to buy from.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-or-distributor?hl=goldant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.