2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi, everyone.

Since not everyone facebooks (I myself am rarely on there), I wanted to post something in the community regarding our new open beta program for JJP software.

Starting with the most recent versions of GNR and Wonka, there is an option in advanced network settings to switch from "regular" updates to our beta channel. If you want to test out new code before it's released, and, ideally, report back to us your thoughts on it, then anyone is welcome to join. The beta channel software option will eventually be rolled out to every game, but frankly it's unlikely that older games will get very much to check out. Certainly if there are system changes those would get incorporated in them, though.

As far as feedback, you are not required to provide it, but it is appreciated. You can either email us your thoughts at beta at jerseyjackpinball.com, or sign up for a telegram account and join the beta discussion group (vastly preferred due to instant interactivity). Telegram (https://telegram.org/) is a messenger app available for every platform, and highly configurable to your tastes for notifications, etc. We've used it internally for years, and used it with great success in our original internet update beta test.

If you choose to use telegram, then, after you set it up you'll need to go into settings->edit profile and assign yourself a user name (this isn't normally done on setup anymore I don't think). Then, you can email the username to the same address (beta at jerseyjackpinball.com) and we will get you added.

I'll monitor this thread for questions and what not, but wanted to make sure everyone was aware of it so they could get involved if they wanted to. There's no real incentive to do this right now, but you never know... (This is not a specific promise, guarantee, or tease.) The discussion group is pretty constantly monitored by the JJP software team during work hours, and often times off-hours as well.

Any important announcements and/or updates will be edited into this post as well as put in a separate post at the current end of the thread.

Thanks for reading.

#2 3 years ago

One thing I wanted to add... This will be a standard feature going forward, so will be even more relevant in the future as code changes more quickly at the start of a release. Anyone is welcome to join and observe the chat even if you are not specifically in the channel for any game, past, present, or future at the moment.

1 week later
#35 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

and they might have fixed [the coin door closed problem]

It IS fixed, as of 1.15 in GNR. I'm not sure when on Wonka, but certainly the latest doesn't have that problem.

4 weeks later
#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Please integrate a bass, middle and treble controller into the software of the GnR.
The GnR has no bass and the worst sound of any JJP device.
Thanks

Consider going into sound test and testing low frequency. Perhaps there is something wrong with your sub.

Quoted from kermit24:

I am noticing some audio distortion during November Rain and Estranged from the song track. I'm on the latest beta. Can you replicate on your side?

First I've heard of it.

2 months later
#49 2 years ago

We are actively investigating the download issues. In the next day or two we'll (ironically?) have a beta out that gets us more information on failures, as well as some stuff that has already been cleaned up and bullet-proofed.

#61 2 years ago

Additionally, the T&C (you read them carefully, right??) state that we will replace your sdd if absolutely necessary, but that's pretty unlikely.

3 weeks later
#66 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Maybe there are more points when the applause jackpot is collected? But lighting that extra ball is such a strong strategy. What do you think about lighting the extra ball when you hit the applause jackpot?

There's always "decide faster!" It's a trade-off between lighting the extra ball and possibly getting an encore. If you're not encore-qualified, though, then yeah you should end and take the extra ball. But because it was designed to be "take the extra ball" vs "get an encore" Applause will never light the extra ball.

The only time you get really screwed is if you get Applause with no encore. Honestly, it's an extreme edge case and as a result it's pretty unlikely to be changed.

11 months later
#155 1 year ago

Afaik beta and release gnr are the same at this time, though that is likely to change very soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program?tu=pinball_keefer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.