2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider our_man_in_oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

finally got it to work. Tried USB and got the same error message about not being able to verify. tried wifi two more times, download speed was fast, but still got failed to verify messages. Third time this morning I tried wifi again and it finally verified the file so the game is now updated.

Similar scenario, but yet to have success. I finally got my Hobbit set up with working WIFI and BT. However, in attempting now 4 times to get Beta 4 to download successfully, the machine every time states 'file failed to verify'. Don't know what's going on with the servers JJP are using, it's slow enough as it is, but even more annoying when the file completes D/L only to give that error every time. I even swapped servers to see if it would make a difference, but all that did was make even slower and still fail to verify.. If I knew where to find a copy online I could D/L, I would give USB a try since generally that's reliable (except from what you experienced it seems).

2 weeks later
#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Similar scenario, but yet to have success. I finally got my Hobbit set up with working WIFI and BT. However, in attempting now 4 times to get Beta 4 to download successfully, the machine every time states 'file failed to verify'. Don't know what's going on with the servers JJP are using, it's slow enough as it is, but even more annoying when the file completes D/L only to give that error every time. I even swapped servers to see if it would make a difference, but all that did was make even slower and still fail to verify.. If I knew where to find a copy online I could D/L, I would give USB a try since generally that's reliable (except from what you experienced it seems).

I swapped out my existing older TP Link wifi dongle for the the newer recommended N600 nano one yesterday. Sure enough after only one failed download, the beta actually downloaded and installed successfully. So unless something changed at the server end, there could be a difference with dongles, even if they are compatible. But obviously hard to say for absolute certain without an A/B test scenario.

That's the thing with any kind of beta software you load, you take on that risk. I've been doing it for years on everything from PC's, Audio Processors and nowadays pinballs. The majority issues with bricking stem from user error. Last time I bricked something was totally my fault with a JVC projector (non-beta) software update via serial cable that was incredibly finicky. Quite a bit different too when you have equipment that can perform updates internally via the net..

3 weeks later
#71 2 years ago

Yep would be damn nice to see a POTC update finally..

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Any idea when the last GnR album mode will be completed? It’s strange that the game has been out for so long but that mode has not been updated? I am not in the beta program…is this coded in the beta code?

Spare a thought for us with POTC having been out since 2018 and still waiting for a second update 2+ years later now while you guys have had so many updates that I lost count at 20 odd.

1 month later
#85 2 years ago

Thank f**k for that news! Hopefully soon translates to something in next couple of months...

8 months later
#140 1 year ago

Anyone want to just upload the POTC beta somewhere perhaps? I seriously can't be bothered joining up to another program after already doing the JJP private newsgroup scenario in the past.

4 months later
#207 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

#Where's the code? It's been over a year since the last public GNR code release.

It's ironic GNR owners saying this when you look at us POTC owners lol. Over 3.5 years for us poor schmucks and we're still twiddling our thumbs!

#223 1 year ago

It's nearly enough at this stage to make me want to dump out of mine. Meanwhile GZ is getting code updates close to monthly at the moment to point it's more or less done code-wise. Definitely doesn't inspire me towards future JJP purchases beyond having POTC and Hobbit.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Lol have you seen sterns bond code and pricing?!? Lol jjp games come out the box with twice the code of any stern and require fewer updates. They’ll get it done, along with a new Pirates code eventually, probably at announcement of another run. Pricing on all stern and jjp games are still out of wack though and are too expensive regardless of code.

You're using one single new and not yet available title with software by arguably their worst coder. There's no way you can make the same claim regarding Elwin's games coded by Rick Naegele. That's the difference in Stern's scale, they can even cope with pretty regular updates for several existing games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider our_man_in_oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program?tu=our_man_in_oz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.