2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 2 years ago

Follow the money

1 month later
#82 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Would love to get some information regarding a POTC update. Such an incredible game deserves a final wizard mode. Even the old beta would breathe a lot of life back into the title. I’m hoping something is around the corner for us pirates owners.

It is. Check out their Facebook page

Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
2 months later
#90 2 years ago

Maybe this is a good form to ask this question

Now after installing the beta code I see a sensor calibration in progress message in the bottom left of the main monitor every time a game's over. Is this normal?

#93 2 years ago

Thanks, hopefully it's just part of beta code. It's a little annoying and delays my starting the next game a few seconds! Lol

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

If it really bothers you, There's A Setting For That
Settings->Game Settings->Devices->Sensor Autocalibration Constant (defaults to ON, you can change it to OFF)

Thank you sir! Very helpful.
Only had my LE three weeks (first pin!) and loving it, but haven't absorbed all the goodies in the settings screens. I have poked around a little but The amount of control, testing, diag and tech detail that went into that settings modes is overwhelming in the beginning and nothing short of impressive! This game will be teaching me for years.

1 month later
#98 2 years ago

GNR LE question for pinball_keefer

Quoted from riggy469:

Can anyone tell me if this is normal behavior?
Two player game. Player one locks two balls but doesn’t start a song. Player two doesn’t lock any balls but does start song. Player two fails song without adding any balls. Player two’s turn ends, guitar releases both balls and let’s them drain. Player one gets their next ball, starts song, game feeds two extra balls (3 total).
I get that it would keep track of the balls locked for player one, but why drain the balls at the end of player two’s ball? I was able to duplicate this with the glass off. Checked all switches and sensors, everything seems to be operating fine.

4 months later
#104 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

JJP moves on to their next pin and code for all prior (now to include GnR) is abandoned. This is the way.

My knee jerk reaction is to downvote and neutralize this in the universe. GnR is special.

#119 1 year ago

First post from Keefer says it's GnR and Wonka only.

1 week later
#147 1 year ago

When you work for someone else, usually that someone else is who decides what you work on and that's usually driven by revenue.
But when you have free time it is called a hobby.
That being said, I hope that "someone else" has their sights on current owners and puts the devs on the schedule (there is a schedule, right?) for all "old" game code updates.

1 month later
#154 1 year ago

Beta build 20 latest beta and came after 1.25 which is latest production release build.

2 weeks later
#165 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You should really follow the discussions/instructions on their Telegram group if you're going to be using the beta software. Short answer is use the Scorbit app to detach, wait a few seconds, then activate your pin again scanning the QR code in the Scorbit menu. This will not be necessary when they release the public version and go live.

Okay so I downloaded the telegram app. Now how do I find the group?

And if they just updated the updater in beta 22 why are there other ramifications to that such as the ones Trojanlaw is mentioning? I don't personally care about scorbit But he's the second one to mention it stopping during a song since updating, and that is troublesome.

And then the final questions .. what's the recommended course of action here just staying tight? Or downgrade to 1.25? How do I get back to beta 20?

1 week later
#168 1 year ago

Okay I just had my first GnR restart during the middle of don't cry... this is new and something that has never, NEVER, happened to me before. Boo hoo.

Something's going on since after beta 20, which was stable and this never happened prior to updating past beta 20. Currently at b24.

I don't know if any of these screen shots are helpful. You can see there's a 2 error trap in red At the moment it went black and rebooted.

Also I stuck in a USB stick and did fetch debug info.. So I've got a 17 meg log dump zip file if it's useful in this circumstance?

20220904_142058 (resized).jpg20220904_142058 (resized).jpg20220904_142448 (resized).jpg20220904_142448 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#174 1 year ago

Beta 28 drop today for gnr and for the last month we've gone from beta 20 to beta 28 just about every few days or week is another beta update they've all been it's just OS updates, EQ updates,scorebit stuff and fixes, and updates to the updater.
But the beta updates are flying out the door lately

Hopefully this is foreshadowing

#176 1 year ago

I think it's thawing out.

Gnr is up to beta 30 now..
29 fixed an instant update progress bug
30 working out wired and Bluetooth headphone issues

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Thanks. Reading is difficult for me. I’ll go back to my corner now , lol.

Here's the cliff notes for you..

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Starting with the most recent versions of GNR and Wonka, there is an option in advanced network settings to switch from "regular" updates to our beta channel.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just installed Beta 30
Had Special option turned on in game with award for an extra ball
This just started working for me on this update with the right outlane light lit...hadn't worked before
Also just noticed a bunch more callouts referencing where to shoot during song mode as well as some added sounds to band frenzy and descriptions of that mode once activated as well as Slash and Melissa callouts throughout the game that I never heard before
Just on ball 1 and noticed the Song Value for starting Nightrain was 140 before starting the song and I'm at 21 million with 2 balls to go. Definitely some score tweaking has been going on I think, either that or just weird coincidence
...aaaand...just blew up the Game with a GC...scoring has definitely been tweaked or I am just having a placebo affect...
[quoted image]

Do me a favor and select it so easy and tell me if the lightsl show isn't better than before??

I'm sure it's just me but when I played the song it's so easy yesterday I could barely concentrate the light show was so mesmerizing... I just don't recall that being that way. I mean don't get me wrong it was good but it was extra sparkly all over the playfield RGB.

And I'm really glad you pointed out those other artifacts because I felt like something more was different!

Since you noticed this I'm going to have to check and see if the scoop award for "light song" actually has the timing fixed so it just lights the song now and doesn't start it.

...aaaand.. you just beat my GC of 71 million!!

#188 1 year ago

Easy request for Keefer... If he's reading this.
Hide song it's so easy when adult mode is off (set to no)

Sometimes if I have kids/guests over I may switch that adult mode off to make it more family friendly, but that song is awkward as it remains active...

Hide it with the other songs that disappear as the video is not family friendly.

Added 18 months ago:

Edit. I just noticed that it's so easy is now hidden when adult mode is off/no. Thanks!

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same here. JJP needs to start releasing some updates again that expand, complete, and polish existing modes. I'm a huge JJP fan but their code support as of late has been severely lacking while Stern is crushing it in that department.

Hey, are you on beta 30? Play it's so easy. The new light show for that is so good! Among other goodies being discovered! Production update is clearly coming!

#197 1 year ago

Don't forget to do a backup to a different USB you want to keep settings and/ or scores. Never done it but it's what I heard!

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Assume those steps are somewhere on how to do that I saw the downloads for the codes..
Thanks all

Top of the downloads page is big link in red letters that you probably missed... It says for help with FULL install click here:
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/
Screenshot_20221016-082525 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221016-082525 (resized).png

1 week later
#204 1 year ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Am I the only one that finds it difficult to play the multiballs in a dark room? The light show can be so ON/OFF at times that it's hard to track the balls? It's be great if the GI light over the ball through would stay solid white. Just a thought...
[quoted image]

You don't have Pinstadiums concert edition for your GNR? Sounds like you need them. Once you get them you won't be able to play it without them they are that good.
And Trojanlaw has a set for sale right now on the pin side marketplace if you act fast ...

#215 1 year ago

Rumor is JJP is going to make another run of POTC, so that might be one way to get a code update.

#220 1 year ago

Someone is bound to be right eventually

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Keep getting this.... will try later.
"FAILED TO REACH UPDAYE SERVER! PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

I have bad luck on my 2.4ghz --- it screams on 5ghz.
So if you arent on 5ghz switch to that. If you dont have 5ghz or dont know what I am talking about.. well....

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

**UPDATE #2 ** Now it keeps "not passing verification" Twice now. Once with the door open, and once with it closed. Will keep trying.

That's strange. I know some people have to head to make sure they're 5 ghz is broadcasting, and then also I've seen some people get it to work by removing the password temporarily and making it open. Then after it's done you can put your password back.
Also there could be a unsupported encryption type that you have set up which just making it open network temporarily is still probably the simplest.
I don't know if there's a mix of of network cards out there but mine supports both 2.4 and 5

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

** LAST UPDATE **
SUCCESS AT LAST! Took a while, but finally connected well, and made it thru both updates. The 1st one was the kicker because I was still using the original code, I believe 1.25, and it was horrible. Once I got past b.22, it was a breeze. Vespula, thank you for your input. Once connected the 2.4 was fine, but I will be researching why my 5 isn't visible. Went thru the whole spectrum of not verifying the downloaded file to it flip flopping back and forth between telling me.I was "up to date" to telling me.it couldn't connect to the server. Anyway, time to enjoy this update. Already set the EQ. This is exactly what it needed!

Now go play it's so easy! The new light show is awesome

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

The main things in my opinion are the light show and the addition of the Equalizer.

fooflighter reported he was hearing extra call outs during a song, And he also noticed the special worked because he has that set to extra ball and he got one. Previously that never worked.

There's some scorebit fixes but I don't use scorbit.
If anyone notices anything new please post!

I was hoping @pinballkeefer had fixed the mystery award for light song to only light the song after kicking out the ball from the scoop and not start it but he hasn't fixed that yet. Back story...There's two mystery awards one of them is light song, and the other is start song. Light song actually starts the song and in my opinion the way I think it should work is the scoop should eject the ball and light the song for the next time you hit the scoop. Right now light song and start song award both behaves the exact same. The song starts. Bug. Easy fix.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Been around since end of September
[quoted image]

In beta only!

4 months later
#266 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys, I am using the latest beta code with the equalizer... On all my jjp: Hobbit, dialed in, Potc and gnr
I just noticed in scorebit, my games are not recorded anymore in the monthly top scores?!
Is that a bug?
Thanks

Here's only one of the "3 sides of the story" ..so keep that in mind.

https://scorbit.io/service-interruption-to-jersey-jack-customers/

3 months later
#271 9 months ago
Quoted from Gibo:

How can I enable pinned posts in the Telegram Beta program?,I incidentally disabled them ,Im looking for compatible dongles

This is the pinned Amazon link..
TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi Adapter(Archer T2U Nano)- 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wireless Network Transceiver Adapter for PC Desktop, Travel Size, Supports Windows 11,10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP / Mac OS X 10.9-10.14 https://a.co/d/d9Kowqv

3 months later
#282 6 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Just got a GnR LE. With the new 2.0 update is there even an active Beta anymore?

The latest beta is v 35 and that was just released as production 2.0 so they are identical... nothing to do but enjoy the journey.

And congrats!

5 months later
#287 26 days ago
Quoted from kyinwa:

Do I need to do anything else besides emailing my telegram username to the beta email address with a request to join?

This should be it...
It's not an automatic add , meaning whoever's inbox that email goes to will have to manually add you...so I don't know how long you emailed, but It may not be something that happens on a weekend, I don't know.

#293 24 days ago
Quoted from TZBen:

does anything come out of beta? Was GNR update a release? or more beta?

2.01 is The most recent production release of the last beta cycle which concluded with beta 39 I believe.

Currently beta 40 and now beta 41 is released testing the first efforts of score balancing and other enhancements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 25.50
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program?tu=Vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.