2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

JJPs lack of code updates aside, their pricing strategy is enough for me to step away from them for now. Stern is def kicking ass when it comes to code.

Lol have you seen sterns bond code and pricing?!? Lol jjp games come out the box with twice the code of any stern and require fewer updates. They’ll get it done, along with a new Pirates code eventually, probably at announcement of another run. Pricing on all stern and jjp games are still out of wack though and are too expensive regardless of code.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Lol have you seen sterns bond code and pricing?!? Lol jjp games come out the box with twice the code of any stern and require fewer updates. They’ll get it done, along with a new Pirates code eventually, probably at announcement of another run. Pricing on all stern and jjp games are still out of wack though and are too expensive regardless of code.

I'm not a Stern fanboy in any way but JJP leads the way with raising prices and then other manufactures follow suit. And 007 is not even being delivered yet. I do agree that JJP pins usually have solid code from the start, but that doesn't mean they can't be improved (or even finished). As for POTC rerun

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Yes sir, and Vespula is correct, only in the Beta version. There are many changes including extra call-outs. Last night, I heard the "dipshit" call-out from theTerminator 2 movie where young John Connor calls the Terminator a dipshit. And Guns N Roses did a lot of soundtrack work on that movie. Loved hearing that!

Also "Special " is now code in with the corresponding patch and is located on the right outlane.

#254 1 year ago

I would like to see FOG implemented .

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You're using one single new and not yet available title with software by arguably their worst coder. There's no way you can make the same claim regarding Elwin's games coded by Rick Naegele. That's the difference in Stern's scale, they can even cope with pretty regular updates for several existing games.

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Stern is miles ahead of JJP lately with code support IMO and I say that as a huge fan of JJP games. Sure most Stern games do not launch with as mature of code compared to JJP pins at launch but Stern then releases multiple huge updates that put them leaps and bounds beyond JJP.

“They’ll get it done”. We’ve heard that for long enough. It’s been years since a Pirates update and GNR received its last update over a year ago. That’s embarrassing to JJP and frustrating as a customer.

2 weeks later
#257 1 year ago

Would like to see the spinners have a unique sound and not a guitar riff. The guitar riff blends into the music far too often so it would be nice to hear a more traditional spinner sound (IMO)

1 week later
#258 1 year ago

just installed beta on GnR, no issues was easy. i like how most of the PF goes full dark for the skill shot, not so much on the its so easy light show, maybe keep the spots on by the flippers.

#259 1 year ago

FYI

Current code (not beta) has some bugs in the adjustments settings. For instance you can set a number of patches to award an extra ball. When you change from the default settings, some of the available patches disappear. There are quite a few that go missing.

#260 1 year ago

I played Toy Story the other day and when it took your picture if you didn't like it you could take it again . I would love that on GNR because I have so many dopey looking pictures I would like to redo

2 weeks later
#261 1 year ago

anyone else getting screen lag? after a ball drains and the score tallies comes up, it is super laggy

2 months later
#262 1 year ago

Hi Jersey Jack,

Can I be added to the group? I am Wonka LE owner/streamer and I have also been working with Jay (Scorbit) regarding some Wonka achievements that are not syncing...

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Hi Jersey Jack,

Can I be added to the group? I am Wonka LE owner/streamer and I have also been working with Jay (Scorbit) regarding some Wonka achievements that are not syncing...

Send a PM to pinball_keefer to get added to the group.

LTG : )

1 week later
#264 1 year ago

Hi guys, I am using the latest beta code with the equalizer... On all my jjp: Hobbit, dialed in, Potc and gnr
I just noticed in scorebit, my games are not recorded anymore in the monthly top scores?!
Is that a bug?

Thanks

2 weeks later
#265 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys, I am using the latest beta code with the equalizer... On all my jjp: Hobbit, dialed in, Potc and gnr
I just noticed in scorebit, my games are not recorded anymore in the monthly top scores?!
Is that a bug?
Thanks

Not a bug, Jersey Jack and Scorbit have parted ways and Scorbit no longer supported. Interesting to see if it’s because Jersey Jack has something cooking up to compete with Insider Connected.

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Is that a bug?
Thanks

Here's only one of the "3 sides of the story" ..so keep that in mind.

https://scorbit.io/service-interruption-to-jersey-jack-customers/

1 month later
#267 1 year ago

Joined Telegram and emailed JJP my Telegram info. Interested to know if that is all I need to do besides waiting on an invite

Thank you!

Aaron

2 months later
#268 10 months ago

Hoping some can answer probably a dumb question. Ive been on beta for awhile but my hard drive finally bricked. I bought a new one but every time i tried to reinstall the beta from a thumb drive, it wouldn't work. I ordered a drive from jjp with .99 code on it and my machine worked great but i tried to reinstall the beta and it bricked again from the thumb drive. I tried to go back to .99 but had
the same problem. Not sure why this is happening as I did it the first time with no problem.. so my question is. How can i install the neta using a ether cable? Thanks in advance

#269 10 months ago

From your .99 Install you need to re opt into the beta - then install beta 1

#270 10 months ago

How can I enable pinned posts in the Telegram Beta program?,I incidentally disabled them ,Im looking for compatible dongles

#271 9 months ago
Quoted from Gibo:

How can I enable pinned posts in the Telegram Beta program?,I incidentally disabled them ,Im looking for compatible dongles

This is the pinned Amazon link..
TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi Adapter(Archer T2U Nano)- 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wireless Network Transceiver Adapter for PC Desktop, Travel Size, Supports Windows 11,10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP / Mac OS X 10.9-10.14 https://a.co/d/d9Kowqv

3 weeks later
#272 9 months ago

Is it still possible to get added to the telegram?

#273 9 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Is it still possible to get added to the telegram?

Absolutely. Install telegram and reach out to Keefer with your information to get added to the group.

1 month later
#274 7 months ago

Have there been any Beta Updates for GNR? Seeing if this is worth all the trouble to get setup. Any major changes in what has already been released?

#275 7 months ago

Does JJP ever make any indication when the betas will become official code releases?

#276 7 months ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Have there been any Beta Updates for GNR? Seeing if this is worth all the trouble to get setup. Any major changes in what has already been released?

It’s the only way for get the improvements. Well worth it. Different light shows and eq.

#277 7 months ago

Is it not possible to revert back from beta code to the public version? I tried out the beta code on GF and now when I try to go back it doesn’t react to my USB drive when I turn on the machine. In the “software update” menu it just says my USB drive contains an older version and it won’t let me install it.

#278 7 months ago

You can always go back.
You may need to use the "full update" ISO.
It literally erases your SDD and puts the older code on there.

#279 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

You can always go back.
You may need to use the "full update" ISO.
It literally erases your SDD and puts the older code on there.

I attempted the full update but the machine booted up as if there was no USB drive inserted.

#280 7 months ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I attempted the full update but the machine booted up as if there was no USB drive inserted.

Unfortunately that probably means you didn’t follow the (not trivial) steps precisely or you should try another usb stick. It’s not beta related.

2 weeks later
#281 6 months ago

Just got a GnR LE. With the new 2.0 update is there even an active Beta anymore?

#282 6 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Just got a GnR LE. With the new 2.0 update is there even an active Beta anymore?

The latest beta is v 35 and that was just released as production 2.0 so they are identical... nothing to do but enjoy the journey.

And congrats!

1 month later
#283 5 months ago

While the beta updates do provide some much appreciated updates to games such as audio eq and a updated base OS + more, the telegram beta channel is a place where one must praise and unconditionally love jjp games & devs. Dare say anything less than positive and you’re thrown out , blocked and ignored without any conversation taking place. Im looking you pinball_keefer . Sorry but i don't care for the elton pin? If a one line comment gets you thrown out be damned i guess. The devs also feel that they own your machine, you just have a license to use it. Dare ask about any modifications or tweaks.

After this experience I'm done buying JJP pins , they have close to $70k of my money unfortunately and over the years I’ve just been treated like complete crap overall. Tech support does not return calls as promised EVER (not once) or follow back up. Paid part orders to fix defects on the machines go for months then a box shows up with 1/10 of the items ordered and no explanation why the parts you ordered are not in it. More phone calls to be told “sorry we don't have those anymore and cant tell you why they sold them off before fulfilling your order, we sold off our parts stock to xyz , try asking them!. I could go on and on between broken and defective products out of the box and just the lack of anyone caring or even following back up, but being thrown out of the beta channel for what i can assume was a less than positive remark about elton john. Im done with JJP, vote with your wallet . This company hates their customers. Im sure there are many that share this experience and also some fans. I have tried to stay positive over the years of nothing but poor treatment but at a point you have to say enough.

#284 5 months ago

The team of Jersey Jack doesn't seem to be interested in any informations about their customers. They even ignored some interesting usage-data, that scorbit offered them: "We offered Jersey Jack access to anonymized analytics around their games and engagement, and built a custom portal for that use. To this day, no JJP employee has logged into that portal."

3 months later
#285 47 days ago

Thanks for the new beta code update JJP, looking forward to the full release

2 weeks later
#286 32 days ago

Do I need to do anything else besides emailing my telegram username to the beta email address with a request to join? I haven't seen a return email or a notification in the app so I wasn’t sure if i was doing something wrong or not. Im running the b41 code on my GNR and love it, just interested in seeing the discussion around all the updates.

#287 32 days ago
Quoted from kyinwa:

Do I need to do anything else besides emailing my telegram username to the beta email address with a request to join?

This should be it...
It's not an automatic add , meaning whoever's inbox that email goes to will have to manually add you...so I don't know how long you emailed, but It may not be something that happens on a weekend, I don't know.

#288 31 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This should be it...
It's not an automatic add , meaning whoever's inbox that email goes to will have to manually add you...so I don't know how long you emailed, but It may not be something that happens on a weekend, I don't know.

It was about 10 days ago. Maybe it got caught up in spam or buried under TPF emails?

#289 31 days ago

Had to email 3-4 times before I was able to get in.

#290 30 days ago
Quoted from kyinwa:

Do I need to do anything else besides emailing my telegram username to the beta email address with a request to join? I haven't seen a return email or a notification in the app so I wasn’t sure if i was doing something wrong or not. Im running the b41 code on my GNR and love it, just interested in seeing the discussion around all the updates.

PM Keith. “pinball_keefer” Let him know you’ve reached out. I’m sure he doesn’t check in on the thread much

#291 30 days ago

does anything come out of beta? Was GNR update a release? or more beta?

#292 30 days ago
Quoted from TZBen:

GnR beta is very active at the moment

#293 29 days ago
Quoted from TZBen:

2.01 is The most recent production release of the last beta cycle which concluded with beta 39 I believe.

Currently beta 40 and now beta 41 is released testing the first efforts of score balancing and other enhancements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 25.50
$ 11,000.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.