2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 1 year ago

Am I the only one that finds it difficult to play the multiballs in a dark room? The light show can be so ON/OFF at times that it's hard to track the balls? It's be great if the GI light over the ball through would stay solid white. Just a thought...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#202 1 year ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Am I the only one that finds it difficult to play the multiballs in a dark room? The light show can be so ON/OFF at times that it's hard to track the balls? It's be great if the GI light over the ball through would stay solid white. Just a thought...
[quoted image]

#203 1 year ago

I'm excited for new code for GNR. I love the game, but like some people said, those album modes are worth absolutely zero effs.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

[quoted image]

You don't have Pinstadiums concert edition for your GNR? Sounds like you need them. Once you get them you won't be able to play it without them they are that good.
And Trojanlaw has a set for sale right now on the pin side marketplace if you act fast ...

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm excited for new code for GNR. I love the game, but like some people said, those album modes are worth absolutely zero effs.

#Where's the code? It's been over a year since the last public GNR code release.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

#Where's the code? It's been over a year since the last public GNR code release.

Ya… I was hoping they would have dropped the new code before expo. Come on JJP

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's ironic GNR owners saying this when you look at us POTC owners lol. Over 3.5 years for us poor schmucks and we're still twiddling our thumbs!

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

It's ironic GNR owners saying this when you look at us POTC owners lol. Over 3.5 years for us poor schmucks and we're still twiddling our thumbs!

I sorta think you guys are doomed. :/

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

true

#210 1 year ago

No code updates is frankly diabolical. I did offer my services to JJ but he turned me down. Talented pinball coders don't exactly grow on trees, but I guess he knows better.

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No code updates is frankly diabolical. I did offer my services to JJ but he turned me down. Talented pinball coders don't exactly grow on trees, but I guess he knows better.

It makes no financial sense to put money into a game that they can't possibly see returns on. It does suck.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It makes no financial sense to put money into a game that they can't possibly see returns on. It does suck.

Except for all the negative publicity. JJP is now known for not finishing or even refining their code. But obviously they don't care, or it still doesn't impact their bottom line

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Except for all the negative publicity. JJP is now known for not finishing or even refining their code. But obviously they don't care, or it still doesn't impact their bottom line

I feel dialed in, woz, wonka, and hobbit had finished code. GNR has "finished" code, they just made stupid scoring choices.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
#215 1 year ago

Rumor is JJP is going to make another run of POTC, so that might be one way to get a code update.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Rumor is JJP is going to make another run of POTC, so that might be one way to get a code update.

Not this again.

#217 1 year ago

lol

#218 1 year ago

I’m seeing a 1 point award for 2 ball power cord. Hope the team is aware.

DD6F8100-373B-4F6B-8590-E5A32711937A (resized).jpegDD6F8100-373B-4F6B-8590-E5A32711937A (resized).jpeg
#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

[quoted image]

I mean, any game you get a power cord they give you a high score for it. I just have no idea how you got one whole point?

#220 1 year ago

Someone is bound to be right eventually

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

[quoted image]

Chord, as in three music notes played/sang. Cord is for line cord, extension cord, cord of wood etc.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Did "he" say he was sufficiently impressed with your credentials and would keep your resume' on file for one year?

#223 1 year ago

It's nearly enough at this stage to make me want to dump out of mine. Meanwhile GZ is getting code updates close to monthly at the moment to point it's more or less done code-wise. Definitely doesn't inspire me towards future JJP purchases beyond having POTC and Hobbit.

#224 1 year ago

Should I download the beta or wait ?

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Should I download the beta or wait ?

Download the beta

#226 1 year ago

I see no reason not to try…. After playing the current offical code for the past year, I made the switch over a couple weeks ago with no issues. I’m fairly confident we will see a new official code drop from JJP before the end of the year.

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

It's nearly enough at this stage to make me want to dump out of mine. Meanwhile GZ is getting code updates close to monthly at the moment to point it's more or less done code-wise. Definitely doesn't inspire me towards future JJP purchases beyond having POTC and Hobbit.

JJPs lack of code updates aside, their pricing strategy is enough for me to step away from them for now. Stern is def kicking ass when it comes to code.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Chord, as in three music notes played/sang. Cord is for line cord, extension cord, cord of wood etc.

What are you... my friggin English teacher? Go eat a pinball! Try and contain yours big giant mind next time.

I'm trying to help here - what are you trying to do?

#229 1 year ago

Going thru 1st download for the 2 step beta. Ist step is 6+ gigs and I understand it's a long download, but 10 min and the progress bar is still at 0% ??? Is this normal? I have super fast fiber optic internet with wifi 6. Signal.strength shows strong.

#230 1 year ago

We have thought police, pricing police and spelling/grammar police…all on the same site!

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Going thru 1st download for the 2 step beta. Ist step is 6+ gigs and I understand it's a long download, but 10 min and the progress bar is still at 0% ??? Is this normal? I have super fast fiber optic internet with wifi 6. Signal.strength shows strong.

No, not normal. I've got gig internet and it doesn't take that long. The message seems to be based on people having slower internet. Having said that, I don't know why you are seeing the status stuck at 0%.

FWIW, while the download time isn't bad (if you have fast internet), the actual update takes a while and has multiple steps...

#232 1 year ago

Thanks! I will back out of it, and restart the machine and the dowoad

#233 1 year ago

Keep getting this.... will try later.
"FAILED TO REACH UPDAYE SERVER! PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Keep getting this.... will try later.
"FAILED TO REACH UPDAYE SERVER! PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

I have bad luck on my 2.4ghz --- it screams on 5ghz.
So if you arent on 5ghz switch to that. If you dont have 5ghz or dont know what I am talking about.. well....

#235 1 year ago

I do have 5ghz, but it doesn't show up on availability networks.

#236 1 year ago

** UPDATE ** After deleting my network, and resetting it up, still doesn't see 5gjz, but after 2 tries, it connected and is now downloading b22. Thank God!

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

What are you... my friggin English teacher? Go eat a pinball! Try and contain yours big giant mind next time.
I'm trying to help here - what are you trying to do?

I believe he was also trying to help you.

#238 1 year ago

**UPDATE #2 ** Now it keeps "not passing verification" Twice now. Once with the door open, and once with it closed. Will keep trying.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

**UPDATE #2 ** Now it keeps "not passing verification" Twice now. Once with the door open, and once with it closed. Will keep trying.

That's strange. I know some people have to head to make sure they're 5 ghz is broadcasting, and then also I've seen some people get it to work by removing the password temporarily and making it open. Then after it's done you can put your password back.
Also there could be a unsupported encryption type that you have set up which just making it open network temporarily is still probably the simplest.
I don't know if there's a mix of of network cards out there but mine supports both 2.4 and 5

#240 1 year ago

** LAST UPDATE **
SUCCESS AT LAST! Took a while, but finally connected well, and made it thru both updates. The 1st one was the kicker because I was still using the original code, I believe 1.25, and it was horrible. Once I got past b.22, it was a breeze. @Vespula, thank you for your input. Once connected the 2.4 was fine, but I will be researching why my 5 isn't visible. Went thru the whole spectrum of not verifying the downloaded file to it flip flopping back and forth between telling me.I was "up to date" to telling me.it couldn't connect to the server. Anyway, time to enjoy this update. Already set the EQ. This is exactly what it needed!

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

** LAST UPDATE **
SUCCESS AT LAST! Took a while, but finally connected well, and made it thru both updates. The 1st one was the kicker because I was still using the original code, I believe 1.25, and it was horrible. Once I got past b.22, it was a breeze. Vespula, thank you for your input. Once connected the 2.4 was fine, but I will be researching why my 5 isn't visible. Went thru the whole spectrum of not verifying the downloaded file to it flip flopping back and forth between telling me.I was "up to date" to telling me.it couldn't connect to the server. Anyway, time to enjoy this update. Already set the EQ. This is exactly what it needed!

Now go play it's so easy! The new light show is awesome

#242 1 year ago

I'm sorry if I missed it, but what's the big differences in the code?

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If we are going to get all technical, a power chord only has 2 notes, root and a 5th. Ha! Now where is the new GnR code?!

#244 1 year ago

Thank you @Vespula! Wow this is sooooo much more fun! Loved this game when I bought it, figured I'd wait for an official release. My opinion..... you wait, you're missing out! This is great!

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm sorry if I missed it, but what's the big differences in the code?

The main things in my opinion are the light show and the addition of the Equalizer.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

The main things in my opinion are the light show and the addition of the Equalizer.

fooflighter reported he was hearing extra call outs during a song, And he also noticed the special worked because he has that set to extra ball and he got one. Previously that never worked.

There's some scorebit fixes but I don't use scorbit.
If anyone notices anything new please post!

I was hoping @pinballkeefer had fixed the mystery award for light song to only light the song after kicking out the ball from the scoop and not start it but he hasn't fixed that yet. Back story...There's two mystery awards one of them is light song, and the other is start song. Light song actually starts the song and in my opinion the way I think it should work is the scoop should eject the ball and light the song for the next time you hit the scoop. Right now light song and start song award both behaves the exact same. The song starts. Bug. Easy fix.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

When you say equalizer do you mean a graphic EQ for the sound? That is awesome if true it desperately needs one. The bass on a stock gnr is terrible. I added a sub and it rocks know tho

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

When you say equalizer do you mean a graphic EQ for the sound? That is awesome if true it desperately needs one. The bass on a stock gnr is terrible. I added a sub and it rocks know tho

Been around since end of September

0A5C0640-B534-434E-BF05-A16CA0E222F2 (resized).jpeg0A5C0640-B534-434E-BF05-A16CA0E222F2 (resized).jpeg

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Been around since end of September
[quoted image]

In beta only!

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Yes sir, and Vespula is correct, only in the Beta version. There are many changes including extra call-outs. Last night, I heard the "dipshit" call-out from theTerminator 2 movie where young John Connor calls the Terminator a dipshit. And Guns N Roses did a lot of soundtrack work on that movie. Loved hearing that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.99
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.