2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 1 year ago
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#152 1 year ago

Anyone else get this error when trying to download the GnR beta?

2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#153 1 year ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Anyone else get this error when trying to download the GnR beta?[quoted image]

Sweet, it's not just me!

I get that error also. I thought it was caused by some weird proxy server or URL interception on my network, but if you're getting the error also, then it's not just me.

I wanted to see what the latest firmware version is. That's where I got the same error. This machine has "Beta Build 20" on it, and I wanted to see if that's the newest or not. Does this come before or after the released version 1.25 which is supposed to be the newest?

I just set up a new JJP G&R machine on a corporate network that has some interesting quirks. Among other things, it's IPv6 only. No IPv4. I'm pleased to see that it worked! The DHCP and other fields are blank, in the status screen, but it's connecting and working with Scorbit just fine, so that's good.

#154 1 year ago

Beta build 20 latest beta and came after 1.25 which is latest production release build.

#155 1 year ago

Afaik beta and release gnr are the same at this time, though that is likely to change very soon.

#156 1 year ago

Anyone see the beta code with the DI Wizard mode?

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Afaik beta and release gnr are the same at this time, though that is likely to change very soon.

Awesome news!

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone see the beta code with the DI Wizard mode?

What DI Wizard Mode? I thought the wizard modes were already in the game?

1 week later
#159 1 year ago

Is there a changelog somewhere I can download for GnR Beta 22?

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is there a changelog somewhere I can download for GnR Beta 22?

No changes, just updating the updater. More coming though. The change log is visible in the menus with the beta option on.

#161 1 year ago

Is there already anything known what we could expect? Small, Mid or Big changes? :

#162 1 year ago

I am running build 22 as well and in addition to randomly stopping during a song it appears Scorbit has been deactivated. Is that going to be fixed soon or should I revert back to regular version 1.25

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

I am running build 22 as well and in addition to randomly stopping during a song it appears Scorbit has been deactivated. Is that going to be fixed soon or should I revert back to regular version 1.25

You should really follow the discussions/instructions on their Telegram group if you're going to be using the beta software. Short answer is use the Scorbit app to detach, wait a few seconds, then press activate for your pin again scanning the QR code in the Scorbit menu. This will not be necessary when they release the public version and go live.

#164 1 year ago

Where do I find the telegram group

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You should really follow the discussions/instructions on their Telegram group if you're going to be using the beta software. Short answer is use the Scorbit app to detach, wait a few seconds, then activate your pin again scanning the QR code in the Scorbit menu. This will not be necessary when they release the public version and go live.

Okay so I downloaded the telegram app. Now how do I find the group?

And if they just updated the updater in beta 22 why are there other ramifications to that such as the ones Trojanlaw is mentioning? I don't personally care about scorbit But he's the second one to mention it stopping during a song since updating, and that is troublesome.

And then the final questions .. what's the recommended course of action here just staying tight? Or downgrade to 1.25? How do I get back to beta 20?

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And if they just updated the updater in beta 22 why are there other ramifications to that such as the ones Trojanlaw is mentioning? I don't personally care about scorbit But he's the second one to mention it stopping during a song since updating, and that is troublesome.
And then the final questions .. what's the recommended course of action here just staying tight? Or downgrade to 1.25? How do I get back to beta 20?

I think I searched for Joe Katz or Keith Johnson from the app and asked them to add me to the group

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The 1st post describes the process. Send an email to beta at jerseyjackpinball.com, or find Joe Katz on Telegram. There have been no reports on Telegram for songs suddenly ending. But it would be good to report it and get help there.

To revert back, I am guessing that you would have to download the latest full install code on the JJP website. If you email them, they may have an easier solution.

There might be another beta coming soon for testing some other things. Not sure what's coming next.

1 week later
#168 1 year ago

Okay I just had my first GnR restart during the middle of don't cry... this is new and something that has never, NEVER, happened to me before. Boo hoo.

Something's going on since after beta 20, which was stable and this never happened prior to updating past beta 20. Currently at b24.

I don't know if any of these screen shots are helpful. You can see there's a 2 error trap in red At the moment it went black and rebooted.

Also I stuck in a USB stick and did fetch debug info.. So I've got a 17 meg log dump zip file if it's useful in this circumstance?

20220904_142058 (resized).jpg20220904_142058 (resized).jpg20220904_142448 (resized).jpg20220904_142448 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#169 1 year ago

I may have found a small bug in the GnR code. With Coma lit and the ball save just finished... a drain down the left outlane will not trigger Coma.

Can anyone else recreate this?

#170 1 year ago

On the telegram group they said a POTC update is coming this week. OS and EQ only for now no new game changes yet.

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

On the telegram group they said a POTC update is coming this week. OS and EQ only for now no new game changes yet.

Any word on when its coming to Wonka?

#172 1 year ago

They said all remaining games this week!

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

They said all remaining games this week!

*next week

#174 1 year ago

Beta 28 drop today for gnr and for the last month we've gone from beta 20 to beta 28 just about every few days or week is another beta update they've all been it's just OS updates, EQ updates,scorebit stuff and fixes, and updates to the updater.
But the beta updates are flying out the door lately

Hopefully this is foreshadowing

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:On the telegram group they said a POTC update is coming this week. OS and EQ only for now no new game changes yet.

I didn't realize hell was about to freeze over?

#176 1 year ago

I think it's thawing out.

Gnr is up to beta 30 now..
29 fixed an instant update progress bug
30 working out wired and Bluetooth headphone issues

#177 1 year ago

It seems like JJP may be timing the public release of these updates with Expo.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think it's thawing out.
Gnr is up to beta 30 now..
29 fixed an instant update progress bug
30 working out wired and Bluetooth headphone issues

How do I configure my machine for beta updates? Would love to test them out.

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

How do I configure my machine for beta updates? Would love to test them out.

Check out the first post in this thread.

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Check out the first post in this thread.

Thanks. Reading is difficult for me. I’ll go back to my corner now , lol.

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Thanks. Reading is difficult for me. I’ll go back to my corner now , lol.

Here's the cliff notes for you..

Starting with the most recent versions of GNR and Wonka, there is an option in advanced network settings to switch from "regular" updates to our beta channel.

#182 1 year ago

God I’m hoping for a decent JJP GNR update. If it’s all just bug fixes I will be very disappointed.

#183 1 year ago

Just installed Beta 30

Had Special option turned on in game with award for an extra ball

This just started working for me on this update with the right outlane light lit...hadn't worked before

Also just noticed a bunch more callouts referencing where to shoot during song mode as well as some added sounds to band frenzy and descriptions of that mode once activated as well as Slash and Melissa callouts throughout the game that I never heard before

Just on ball 1 and noticed the Song Value for starting Nightrain was 140 before starting the song and I'm at 21 million with 2 balls to go. Definitely some score tweaking has been going on I think, either that or just weird coincidence

...aaaand...just blew up the Game with a GC...scoring has definitely been tweaked or I am just having a placebo affect...

20221010_182708 (resized).jpg20221010_182708 (resized).jpg

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just installed Beta 30
Had Special option turned on in game with award for an extra ball
This just started working for me on this update with the right outlane light lit...hadn't worked before
Also just noticed a bunch more callouts referencing where to shoot during song mode as well as some added sounds to band frenzy and descriptions of that mode once activated as well as Slash and Melissa callouts throughout the game that I never heard before
Just on ball 1 and noticed the Song Value for starting Nightrain was 140 before starting the song and I'm at 21 million with 2 balls to go. Definitely some score tweaking has been going on I think, either that or just weird coincidence
...aaaand...just blew up the Game with a GC...scoring has definitely been tweaked or I am just having a placebo affect...
[quoted image]

Do me a favor and select it so easy and tell me if the lightsl show isn't better than before??

I'm sure it's just me but when I played the song it's so easy yesterday I could barely concentrate the light show was so mesmerizing... I just don't recall that being that way. I mean don't get me wrong it was good but it was extra sparkly all over the playfield RGB.

And I'm really glad you pointed out those other artifacts because I felt like something more was different!

Since you noticed this I'm going to have to check and see if the scoop award for "light song" actually has the timing fixed so it just lights the song now and doesn't start it.

...aaaand.. you just beat my GC of 71 million!!

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Do me a favor and select it so easy and tell me if the lightsl show isn't better than before??
I'm sure it's just me but when I played the song it's so easy yesterday I could barely concentrate the light show was so mesmerizing... I just don't recall that being that way. I mean don't get me wrong it was good but it was extra sparkly all over the playfield RGB.
And I'm really glad you pointed out those other artifacts because I felt like something more was different!
Since you noticed this I'm going to have to check and see if the scoop award for "light song" actually has the timing fixed so it just lights the song now and doesn't start it.
...aaaand.. you just beat my GC of 71 million!!

Holy shit nice catch!!!

Yeah right from the beginning of the song that was insane...
It's funny that was one of my go-to songs if I accidentally triggered a song and it wasn't ready for it yet because it was so easy pardon the pun but oh my God that light show is intense really really cool experience though crazy how that lower half goes dark and just flashes when you hit your shots too with all the rainbows going on probably one of the most unique so far that I've seen up

#186 1 year ago

For those of you who have tried this new Beta code for GNR, can you tell me, has the scoring for the album modes (and slash solo) been fixed yet? (ie is it worth playing them now)? I love my GNR but I think most people will agree that this is the biggest weak point in the game.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

For those of you who have tried this new Beta code for GNR, can you tell me, has the scoring for the album modes (and slash solo) been fixed yet? (ie is it worth playing them now)? I love my GNR but I think most people will agree that this is the biggest weak point in the game.

I’m partial to this I idea I posted a while ago to improve Slash Solo…adding pinball_keefer just in case there is anything of value here! (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/457#post-7119857)

Cliff Notes…make Slash Solo more strategic by having it a little harder to qualify and improving the reward.
Qualify = x record spins AND playing x songs. Reward = boosting my next song value to max and/or other perks (i.e. extended band frenzy at start, no song choice penalty etc.) instead of just giving points. This keeps with the theme integration too as a great Slash Solo at a real concert happens in the middle of a set and can pump up everything immediately afterwards, hence the next song benefits (should you even make it to another song).

#188 1 year ago

Easy request for Keefer... If he's reading this.
Hide song it's so easy when adult mode is off (set to no)

Sometimes if I have kids/guests over I may switch that adult mode off to make it more family friendly, but that song is awkward as it remains active...

Hide it with the other songs that disappear as the video is not family friendly.

Added 18 months ago:

Edit. I just noticed that it's so easy is now hidden when adult mode is off/no. Thanks!

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Easy request for Keefer... If he's reading this.
Hide song it's so easy when adult mode is off (set to no)
Sometimes if I have kids/guests over I may switch that adult mode off to make it more family friendly, but that song is awkward as it remains active...
Hide it with the other songs that disappear as the video is not family friendly.

I might be wrong but I think you have the option to hide just the videos for the adult mode right? I can’t remember the different settings off hand so I might be way off.

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

God I’m hoping for a decent JJP GNR update. If it’s all just bug fixes I will be very disappointed.

Same here. JJP needs to start releasing some updates again that expand, complete, and polish existing modes. I'm a huge JJP fan but their code support as of late has been severely lacking while Stern is crushing it in that department.

#191 1 year ago

minor thing, but I Noticed that the custom text doesn’t appear correctly after saving it in the menu as it Cuts off some letters.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same here. JJP needs to start releasing some updates again that expand, complete, and polish existing modes. I'm a huge JJP fan but their code support as of late has been severely lacking while Stern is crushing it in that department.

Hey, are you on beta 30? Play it's so easy. The new light show for that is so good! Among other goodies being discovered! Production update is clearly coming!

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hey, are you on beta 30? Play it's so easy. The new light show for that is so good! Among other goodies being discovered! Production update is clearly coming!

That’s great to hear, will try it out! Thank you.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

minor thing, but I Noticed that the custom text doesn’t appear correctly after saving it in the menu as it Cuts off some letters.

Same here…

Also noticed tonight - it started scoring with the ball in the shooter lane.. went into switch test and none activating on their own..

#195 1 year ago

If you want to get back to production code and off beta, what’s the easiest and best way??

Download code from JJP site onto usb and install? Can you just install latest production code regardless what software you currently have?

Thanks

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

If you want to get back to production code and off beta, what’s the easiest and best way??
Download code from JJP site onto usb and install? Can you just install latest production code regardless what software you currently have?
Thanks

You can do any FULL install production version to roll back your machine. You CANNOT use a Delta (partial) update. And yes, load the full version onto a USB using ubootnetin to make a bootable image and boot with that usb to install the production version over what you have now.

#197 1 year ago

Don't forget to do a backup to a different USB you want to keep settings and/ or scores. Never done it but it's what I heard!

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can do any FULL install production version to roll back your machine. You CANNOT use a Delta (partial) update. And yes, load the full version onto a USB using ubootnetin to make a bootable image and boot with that usb to install the production version over what you have now.

Assume those steps are somewhere on how to do that I saw the downloads for the codes..

Thanks all

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Assume those steps are somewhere on how to do that I saw the downloads for the codes..
Thanks all

Top of the downloads page is big link in red letters that you probably missed... It says for help with FULL install click here:
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/
Screenshot_20221016-082525 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221016-082525 (resized).png

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Top of the downloads page is big link in red letters that you probably missed... It says for help with FULL install click here:
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/
[quoted image]

Yes, I went back to their site and in BIG RED LETTERS, I saw that

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,500 (OBO)
8,400 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program/page/4?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.