2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 2 years ago

Dan Clemente of JJP says "another update for POTC coming soon". That was five months ago. Not surprised, they can't even get an update out for GnR and that pin is still on the line.

Update: I've been informed that Dan may not work for JJP. I was just going off a prior post with this image;

Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Dan Clemente of JJP says "another update for POTC coming soon". That was five months ago. Not surprised, they can't even get an update out for GnR and that pin is still on the line.
Update: I've been informed that Dan may not work for JJP. I was just going off a prior post with this image;
[quoted image]

Dan is a friend and doesn't work for JJP. That post was by someone at JJP but not Dan LOL.

3 months later
#103 1 year ago

JJP moves on to their next pin and code for all prior (now to include GnR) is abandoned. This is the way.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

JJP moves on to their next pin and code for all prior (now to include GnR) is abandoned. This is the way.

My knee jerk reaction is to downvote and neutralize this in the universe. GnR is special.

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

JJP code support has become rather disappointing compared to what it once was. Pirates is still waiting for it's final wizard mode 3+ years later, and GNR still needs polishing. JJP used to crank out the code updates, and extensively polish rulesets...but I guess that's now only Stern.

#106 1 year ago

This is excellent in every way! For years collectors and players have disliked code and got rid of their game and got a different one. Most games polish up eventually and many ultimately make a great game. We all wanted the pinball companies to listen to us for ideas or bug reporting. With this we can now voice opinions, give ideas, report bugs etc.. this will really help streamline the code polishing process. Very happy to see this and glad JJP as a company has listened to its customers!

Thank you for striving to make pinball even better!

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GNR still needs polishing.

Does it? What does it need? Seems complete to me, they even finished that race wizard mode.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does it? What does it need? Seems complete to me, they even finished that race wizard mode.

Mainly, the drastic scoring inbalances need to be leveled.

And some changes to the Slash solo. Stackable, etc.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you enjoy timing out slash solo? Do you prefer not being able to stack it or start anything else when it's qualified? It feels like a punishment for having a good game presently. So many opportunities to drain. You can skip song modes, why can't you skip Slash? Oh, because he made it I guess and also hates us LOL.

My recommend would be to make it a timed frenzy with 60 second ball save while active. Which would take all of a day to code in. But considering ya'll are still waiting for a wizard mode for Pirates I'm not holding my breath.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I feel like they didn't finish the lighting in desert demolition, there's also a bug I have experienced where sometimes no matter how many times you roll over the keyboard insert it doesn't collect one of the characters in that mode.

But the biggest thing that I want them to change, is to spot the keyboardists in the song Patience so that I can get to band frenzy (the keyboardists are never collectible during that song).

Other than that, I feel like the code is pretty complete.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Do you enjoy timing out slash solo? Do you prefer not being able to stack it or start anything else when it's qualified? It feels like a punishment for having a good game presently. You can skip song modes, why can't you skip Slash? Oh, because he made it I guess and also hates us LOL.

All this doesn't sound like unfinished code to me, it sounds like "I don't like the code."

But what do I know, I'm a shill incapable of critical thought who loves everything JJP does.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I feel like they didn't finish the lighting in desert demolition, there's also a bug I have experienced where sometimes no matter how many times you roll over the keyboard insert it doesn't collect one of the characters in that mode.
But the biggest thing that I want them to change, is to spot the keyboardists in the song Patience so that I can get to band frenzy (the keyboardists are never collectible during that song).
Other than that, I feel like the code is pretty complete.

Those do sound like legitimate bugs to me.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

All this doesn't sound like unfinished code to me, it sounds like "I don't like the code."
But what do I know, I'm a shill incapable of critical thought who loves everything JJP does.

LOL nah, people like what they like... no shill accusations here my man! But seriously, can you honestly say you enjoy Slash solo in its present state?

#114 1 year ago

But yes, I get your point. Code is complete, vs. Pirates which is not... so not the best argument on my part. I love the game, just hoping for better balance with scoring (more points for song modes) and a Slash overhaul. Just adding my two cents!

#115 1 year ago

I asked about the Pirates update on Telegram. Not response yet.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those do sound like legitimate bugs to me.

Yes I have had the same issue in desert demolition. I thought maybe I had flaky sensors but they only seem to have issues in that mode .

I did not know patience had that other bug with the keyboardists blocking band frenzy!

#117 1 year ago

Where do you get the beta code for Pirates? Do you need to install Telegram to access it?

#118 1 year ago

I’m about to give up waiting and install the pirates beta. Would also like to know the steps to access it.

#119 1 year ago

First post from Keefer says it's GnR and Wonka only.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Not true. They have provided updates for ALL of their games, adding WiFi, Scorbit and other game enhancements.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I asked about the Pirates update on Telegram. Not response yet.

From what I have noticed is that when a new game is coming up, it is all hands on deck to give the effort to deliver the game code complete. Wonka was complete as delivered, but they polished, refined, and balanced it later. GNR was close - 1 album mode wasn't completed but they followed up to complete that rather quickly, but bugs and other issues took priority. It appears so far that Toy Story is being delivered code complete. They still tweak and adjust code on the games as time permits.

My guess is that once the initial tweaks are done on TS4, they will circle back to the other games. Not trying to defend that, just my observations.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

From what I have noticed is that when a new game is coming up, it is all hands on deck to give the effort to deliver the game code complete. Wonka was complete as delivered, but they polished, refined, and balanced it later. GNR was close - 1 album mode wasn't completed but they followed up to complete that rather quickly, but bugs and other issues took priority. It appears so far that Toy Story is being delivered code complete. They still tweak and adjust code on the games as time permits.
My guess is that once the initial tweaks are done on TS4, they will circle back to the other games. Not trying to defend that, just my observations.

I understand and respect all that. What was odd was they made public comments on Facebook and telegram that spoke to it being right around the corner, within a week or two from going live was the way it sounded…then crickets. The beta is awesome don’t get me wrong, but I would like to see the final polish they’ve alluded to as well as the final wizard mode.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I understand and respect all that. What was odd was they made public comments on Facebook and telegram that spoke to it being right around the corner, within a week or two from going live was the way it sounded…then crickets. The beta is awesome don’t get me wrong, but I would like to see the final polish they’ve alluded to as well as the final wizard mode.

My guess is that the key coders on Pirates just need a week to be able to go back into the code and refresh themselves on where they left off on the last wizard mode, then another couple of weeks to finish it, then do the initial tests on it before releasing the beta. I am guessing that the rest of it is considered pretty much finished and in the current beta. Just a gut guess. Sooo close. The just need that undisturbed time to concentrate on it.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My guess is that the key coders on Pirates just need a week to be able to go back into the code and refresh themselves on where they left off on the last wizard mode, then another couple of weeks to finish it, then do the initial tests on it before releasing the beta. I am guessing that the rest of it is considered pretty much finished and in the current beta. Just a gut guess. Sooo close. The just need that undisturbed time to concentrate on it.

I gave up. They’ve been saying that for - literally - YEARS now. Pirates was an astounding game, I think Keith and Eric (and everyone) should be so damn proud of that game. But it should also be finished. I miss it, like I miss DI, TH (maybe mostly TH) but it’s time to move on.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I gave up. They’ve been saying that for - literally - YEARS now. Pirates was an astounding game, I think Keith and Eric (and everyone) should be so damn proud of that game. But it should also be finished. I miss it, like I miss DI, TH (maybe mostly TH) but it’s time to move on.

Whoah. You got rid of your Hobbit?

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Whoah. You got rid of your Hobbit?

Hobbit and Pirates. I definitely miss Hobbit more, but only by a tiny bit

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Not true. They have provided updates for ALL of their games, adding WiFi, Scorbit and other game enhancements.

Yes, they provide updates for their pins early on in the release, and yes WiFi and Scorbit has been added to some, but not all. Pirates does not have WiFi or Scorbit or final wizard mode.

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Yes, they provide updates for their pins early on in the release, and yes WiFi and Scorbit has been added to some, but not all. Pirates does not have WiFi or Scorbit or final wizard mode.

The beta release of Pirates has Wi-Fi and Scorbit support, but not Break the Curse.

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The beta release of Pirates has Wi-Fi and Scorbit support, but not Break the Curse.

I'd be happy just to get the added character traits, scoring changes and other refinements for now.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'd be happy just to get the added character traits, scoring changes and other refinements for now.

Me too. Can anyone please tell us the process obtain and install the beta.

#131 1 year ago

Instructions are in the first post of this thread! Join the Telegram channel and you can get info there.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Instructions are in the first post of this thread! Join the Telegram channel and you can get info there.

Thank you! That's just what I was asking yesterday, and the only response was that this didn't apply to Pirates. So, if I install Telegram I will still be able to get access to the beta code for Pirates?

#133 1 year ago

Correct, there's a link to the beta build of POTC in the telegram.

#134 1 year ago

Okay so I just signed up for telegram and made a user name. I emailed the user name to [email protected] requesting to be added to the telegram

#135 1 year ago

So wait, I have to install Telegram on my cell phone? I was already hesitant enough to install this on my pc, now I open it and it's asking me to open the app on my phone too before I can proceed? Not sure if I'm misunderstanding something.

telegram (resized).PNGtelegram (resized).PNG
#136 1 year ago

I installed telegram from my iPad. Searched for pinball Keifer on telegram and asked him to ad me. Once you are added you can see the link to download from a computer

#137 1 year ago

I’m downloading the iso now. Do I just put it on a usb and then turn my game on with it inserted ?

#138 1 year ago

nm, wife explained it to me.

#139 1 year ago

I’m in the club! Beta is running

#140 1 year ago

Anyone want to just upload the POTC beta somewhere perhaps? I seriously can't be bothered joining up to another program after already doing the JJP private newsgroup scenario in the past.

#141 1 year ago

I am going to show myself as the idiot here ... but isn't there an ability to have timed play on POTC? It appears to not be an option. I am using the Beta 2 code, so I was wondering if that had anything to do with it.

I am sorry if it is a stupid question, but I think my family members are tired of playing with me when I hog the machine on my play. I have not had a desire to change the setting on this until now, so perhaps it was never available.

Thank you for any information.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am going to show myself as the idiot here ... but isn't there an ability to have timed play on POTC? It appears to not be an option. I am using the Beta 2 code, so I was wondering if that had anything to do with it.
I am sorry if it is a stupid question, but I think my family members are tired of playing with me when I hog the machine on my play. I have not had a desire to change the setting on this until now, so perhaps it was never available.
Thank you for any information.

Fair question, but you could always self moderate and not try as hard?

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

it was never available.

BINGO

#144 1 year ago

Is keefer still active in this thread? I mean if new POTC or GNR code isn’t coming just let us know. The only reason I’m hanging on to GNR is for a potential update to smooth things out and possibly add a new mode to make the game better. It shouldn’t be too hard to do. The community for both games has told you guys what needs adjusting. Make it happen!

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is keefer still active in this thread? I mean if new POTC or GNR code isn’t coming just let us know. The only reason I’m hanging on to GNR is for a potential update to smooth things out and possibly add a new mode to make the game better. It shouldn’t be too hard to do. The community for both games has told you guys what needs adjusting. Make it happen!

On the telegram Group Keith Said he didn’t forget POTC will be done when he has the time.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

On the telegram Group Keith Said he didn’t forget POTC will be done when he has the time.

That’s good. I guess I thought pinball coding was his number one job.

#147 1 year ago

When you work for someone else, usually that someone else is who decides what you work on and that's usually driven by revenue.
But when you have free time it is called a hobby.
That being said, I hope that "someone else" has their sights on current owners and puts the devs on the schedule (there is a schedule, right?) for all "old" game code updates.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

It's feedback, or lack of, like this that now makes me hesitant to buy another JJP pin moving forward. Why risk buying another JJP if the code isn't complete for a game that was several releases and 4+ years ago? Same goes for code not being polished which GNR still needs. The same thing could then happen with the next title.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's feedback, or lack of, like this that now makes me hesitant to buy another JJP pin moving forward. Why risk buying another JJP if the code isn't complete for a game that was several releases and 4+ years ago? Same goes for code not being polished which GNR still needs. The same thing could then happen with the next title.

This - and the Micro playfields

#150 1 year ago

Keith "finding time" to go back to POTC seems unlikely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program/page/3?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.