2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 2 years ago

Does anyone know how I can revert my game code back to 1.22? I have been having problems with the ball randomly auto launching and so I installed the BETA V10 hoping that it might help with the problem. It did not but it did create a whole new problem. I am getting an error message on the LCD stating that the CAB Board has a communications error. Apparently this is a known problem with that BETA version. I did refer it to the BETA team at JJP and I hope they can create a patch to clear it. In the meantime I am stuck with it. The game still plays but the LCD is obscured by the error message. At this point I think I may be better served by uninstalling the BETA V10 until they fix the problem (probably in BETA V11 or some other iteration. Any help is appreciated!

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Does anyone know how I can revert my game code back to 1.22? I have been having problems with the ball randomly auto launching and so I installed the BETA V10 hoping that it might help with the problem. It did not but it did create a whole new problem. I am getting an error message on the LCD stating that the CAB Board has a communications error. Apparently this is a known problem with that BETA version. I did refer it to the BETA team at JJP and I hope they can create a patch to clear it. In the meantime I am stuck with it. The game still plays but the LCD is obscured by the error message. At this point I think I may be better served by uninstalling the BETA V10 until they fix the problem (probably in BETA V11 or some other iteration. Any help is appreciated!

You should be able to install code from the website, IIRC the game doesn’t check if you are moving back down in versions.

Have they posted the final update to POTc Yet ?

#53 2 years ago

I could not reload the standard game version. I kept getting an installation failure notice each time I tried to load it. So, PINBALL_KEEFER I need your help.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I could not reload the standard game version. I kept getting an installation failure notice each time I tried to load it. So, PINBALL_KEEFER I need your help.

Bummer. Did you try reloading the entire image? Otherwise I’d ask LTG

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I could not reload the standard game version.

Follow Full Install Instructions carefully. USB stick 8GB to 16GB.

You are rewritting the SSD, so it should work.

Problems - try downloading from other mirror, different brand USB stick.

LTG : )

#56 2 years ago

Hi Lloyd. Thanks for your thoughts. I have done it so many times now for my other JJP games that I can almost do it in my sleep. I will try re-burning the file to my hard drive and then to my trusted USB stick once again. Great way to waste a few hours....that's why the internet capability is so much nicer. Take care.

#57 2 years ago

Well, I was finally able to remove the BETA version and reinstall V1.22. The communication board error is no longer appearing on the LCD. Not sure why but is does seem the BETA version may be at fault.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

pinball_keefer Should I just keep trying to download and install this beta? Or am I wasting my time?
I’ve tried 10 times now. I either get a Download error or a failed to verify error. I’ve tried both my 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi. I’ve tried coin door open and coin door closed. Ives tried rubbing my belly while patting my head.
I’ve never had a problem with a WiFi update before. It’s always been fine on this machine and my Wonka too.
Is there another way around this? Can I just download the code somewhere and plug a USB in?

Same here! Can’t get it to install!

#60 2 years ago

No warranty involved.

As far as I know, no one's game has been bricked yet by beta code.

If it happened. Reload the Full Install from the website and the game is back in business.

LTG : )

#61 2 years ago

Additionally, the T&C (you read them carefully, right??) state that we will replace your sdd if absolutely necessary, but that's pretty unlikely.

#62 2 years ago

Update to my BETA CODE issue. The BETA Team said the problem was either a cable or board failure. Working with Ken at JJP Tech support we think we identified a defective cable. Had I not installed the BETA V.10 which utilizes the cable, I probably would not have become aware of a potential issue during the warranty period. So, I guess there is that as a glimmer of sunshine on what was a PITA episode. So "BETA" is in the clear at the moment. Party on.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Update to my BETA CODE issue. The BETA Team said the problem was either a cable or board failure. Working with Ken at JJP Tech support we think we identified a defective cable. Had I not installed the BETA V.10 which utilizes the cable, I probably would not have become aware of a potential issue during the warranty period. So, I guess there is that as a glimmer of sunshine on what was a PITA episode. So "BETA" is in the clear at the moment. Party on.

Nice! Glad to hear they got it sorted out. that would have sucked to have the game down. Glad it wasn't the code!

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Similar scenario, but yet to have success. I finally got my Hobbit set up with working WIFI and BT. However, in attempting now 4 times to get Beta 4 to download successfully, the machine every time states 'file failed to verify'. Don't know what's going on with the servers JJP are using, it's slow enough as it is, but even more annoying when the file completes D/L only to give that error every time. I even swapped servers to see if it would make a difference, but all that did was make even slower and still fail to verify.. If I knew where to find a copy online I could D/L, I would give USB a try since generally that's reliable (except from what you experienced it seems).

I swapped out my existing older TP Link wifi dongle for the the newer recommended N600 nano one yesterday. Sure enough after only one failed download, the beta actually downloaded and installed successfully. So unless something changed at the server end, there could be a difference with dongles, even if they are compatible. But obviously hard to say for absolute certain without an A/B test scenario.

That's the thing with any kind of beta software you load, you take on that risk. I've been doing it for years on everything from PC's, Audio Processors and nowadays pinballs. The majority issues with bricking stem from user error. Last time I bricked something was totally my fault with a JVC projector (non-beta) software update via serial cable that was incredibly finicky. Quite a bit different too when you have equipment that can perform updates internally via the net..

2 weeks later
#65 2 years ago

pinball_keefer Any thoughts on lighting the extra ball when collecting an applause jackpot?

Here is the scenario I ran into last night. The song was near the end and I hit the scoop (applause jackpot not lit yet). The screen came up for be to hit the action button to collect and light the extra ball, or hit both flippers to add-a-ball and continue. I paused for a couple of seconds and decided the song was going to end anyhow, so I'll collect and light the extra ball. Before I could hit the action button, the applause jackpot lit and it was collected. The song ended and no extra ball was lit.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there are more points when the applause jackpot is collected? But lighting that extra ball is such a strong strategy. What do you think about lighting the extra ball when you hit the applause jackpot?

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Maybe there are more points when the applause jackpot is collected? But lighting that extra ball is such a strong strategy. What do you think about lighting the extra ball when you hit the applause jackpot?

There's always "decide faster!" It's a trade-off between lighting the extra ball and possibly getting an encore. If you're not encore-qualified, though, then yeah you should end and take the extra ball. But because it was designed to be "take the extra ball" vs "get an encore" Applause will never light the extra ball.

The only time you get really screwed is if you get Applause with no encore. Honestly, it's an extreme edge case and as a result it's pretty unlikely to be changed.

#67 2 years ago

pinball_keefer Any chance for an update on plans for POTC? Quite a few people asking for access to the beta code and wondering if an update is planned now that all the other titles have received one.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

pinball_keefer Any chance for an update on plans for POTC? Quite a few people asking for access to the beta code and wondering if an update is planned now that all the other titles have received one.

Would love an update as well. Also if you need any more POTC beta testers I bet half of us owners would would like to help.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Would love an update as well. Also if you need any more POTC beta testers I bet half of us owners would would like to help.

Many would Pay to help! lol Love this dam game!!!

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

There's always "decide faster!" It's a trade-off between lighting the extra ball and possibly getting an encore. If you're not encore-qualified, though, then yeah you should end and take the extra ball. But because it was designed to be "take the extra ball" vs "get an encore" Applause will never light the extra ball.
The only time you get really screwed is if you get Applause with no encore. Honestly, it's an extreme edge case and as a result it's pretty unlikely to be changed.

That makes sense. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

#71 2 years ago

Yep would be damn nice to see a POTC update finally..

#72 2 years ago

Any idea when the last GnR album mode will be completed? It’s strange that the game has been out for so long but that mode has not been updated? I am not in the beta program…is this coded in the beta code?

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Any idea when the last GnR album mode will be completed? It’s strange that the game has been out for so long but that mode has not been updated? I am not in the beta program…is this coded in the beta code?

Spare a thought for us with POTC having been out since 2018 and still waiting for a second update 2+ years later now while you guys have had so many updates that I lost count at 20 odd.

#74 2 years ago

Follow the money

#75 2 years ago

Beta build 16 has arrived. Topper support and levelling out with 1.23 which also is live now.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Desert Demolition? Yeah it's been in the beta for a while now. I played it on stream on Monday--just made a highlight so you can check it out: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1129235128

It's pretty awesome. I love building up the turbo and then using the action button to floor it past the band members.

Just checked and there's a new beta build up that has improved choreography with the mode now too, so it's improved beyond what you'll see in my video from a couple days ago.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Desert Demolition? Yeah it's been in the beta for a while now. I played it on stream on Monday--just made a highlight so you can check it out: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1129235128
It's pretty awesome. I love building up the turbo and then using the action button to floor it past the band members.
Just checked and there's a new beta build up that has improved choreography with the mode now too, so it's improved beyond what you'll see in my video from a couple days ago.

I installed Beta after seeing it on your stream. Thx for that. Figures a day later 1.23 drops. But i like the mode alot. good fun. Alwas fun having Eric on stream to talk and joke about. I loved he telegrammed you the easteregg of his son. I love that video and have kept it secret on his request. That man is so passionate about his games.

#78 2 years ago

Thanks! I just played the full release code update that dropped today, they added some nice polish to Desert Demolition now, I especially like the rumble when you floor it with the lockbar button.

1 month later
#79 2 years ago

Any updates?

#80 2 years ago

Would love to get some information regarding a POTC update. Such an incredible game deserves a final wizard mode. Even the old beta would breathe a lot of life back into the title. I’m hoping something is around the corner for us pirates owners.

#81 2 years ago

Would love to get some information regarding a POTC update. Such an incredible game deserves a final wizard mode. Even the old beta would breathe a lot of life back into the title. I’m hoping something is around the corner for us pirates owners.

the guys at JJP have mentioned at least twice that *ALL* games will eventually be updated. No timeline, but it is on the list. I mean, take that with a grain of salt since the last update came out 2+ years ago and the game isn't even finished.

That said, I had the glass off the other day and went through all of the mini wizard modes. They are impossible. I'm not kidding - I could barely even complete those modes with the glass off, standing there holding the ball to hit all the shots. Perhaps I'm missing some shots that add time but there was almost no way to finish in time. Might just be me, but I was really shocked.

#82 2 years ago

It is. Check out their Facebook page

Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It is. Check out their Facebook page[quoted image]

Lovely news indeed!

#84 2 years ago

Whoa! Awesome

#85 2 years ago

Thank f**k for that news! Hopefully soon translates to something in next couple of months...

#86 2 years ago

Lets hope so.

#87 2 years ago

I'll believe it when I see it.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'll believe it when I see it.

That’s where I’m at -
But let’s
Hope it happens

1 month later
#89 2 years ago

Bump
On track with GnR
The code is outstanding.

Do you want any more GnR
OB testers pinball_keefer ?

#90 2 years ago

Maybe this is a good form to ask this question

Now after installing the beta code I see a sensor calibration in progress message in the bottom left of the main monitor every time a game's over. Is this normal?

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Now after installing the beta code I see a sensor calibration in progress message in the bottom left of the main monitor every time a game's over. Is this normal?

Same on mine. I'm sure the JJP team is working out some issues.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes, that's normal now per Keith.

#93 2 years ago

Thanks, hopefully it's just part of beta code. It's a little annoying and delays my starting the next game a few seconds! Lol

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks, hopefully it's just part of beta code. It's a little annoying and delays my starting the next game a few seconds! Lol

If it really bothers you, There's A Setting For That

Settings->Game Settings->Devices->Sensor Autocalibration Constant (defaults to ON, you can change it to OFF)

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

If it really bothers you, There's A Setting For That
Settings->Game Settings->Devices->Sensor Autocalibration Constant (defaults to ON, you can change it to OFF)

Thank you sir! Very helpful.
Only had my LE three weeks (first pin!) and loving it, but haven't absorbed all the goodies in the settings screens. I have poked around a little but The amount of control, testing, diag and tech detail that went into that settings modes is overwhelming in the beginning and nothing short of impressive! This game will be teaching me for years.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thank you sir! Very helpful.
Only had my LE three weeks (first pin!) and loving it, but haven't absorbed all the goodies in the settings screens. I have poked around a little but The amount of control, testing, diag and tech detail that went into that settings modes is overwhelming in the beginning and nothing short of impressive! This game will be teaching me for years.

Dam. GnR as a first pin entry to the hobby. Well done! Be tough to top that entry congrats.

4 weeks later
#97 2 years ago

Are any more updates planned for Dialed In?

3 weeks later
#98 2 years ago

GNR LE question for pinball_keefer

Quoted from riggy469:

Can anyone tell me if this is normal behavior?
Two player game. Player one locks two balls but doesn’t start a song. Player two doesn’t lock any balls but does start song. Player two fails song without adding any balls. Player two’s turn ends, guitar releases both balls and let’s them drain. Player one gets their next ball, starts song, game feeds two extra balls (3 total).
I get that it would keep track of the balls locked for player one, but why drain the balls at the end of player two’s ball? I was able to duplicate this with the glass off. Checked all switches and sensors, everything seems to be operating fine.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Are any more updates planned for Dialed In?

Good question
I would love to hear a yes

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Giggi1:

Good question
I would love to hear a yes

Dialed in seems very complete to me other than the "Showdown" mode which kind of just ends abruptly. That being said, would love to see updates to all games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 91.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.