2AF3B8A9-CFF6-49FA-9553-BBDE1F5B66E8 (resized).jpeg
2B006CA8-BCD7-4283-9759-757A5B31718B (resized).jpeg
telegram (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2022-03-15 121958 (resized).png
Screenshot_20211005-192954_Chrome (resized).jpg
72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 2 years ago

Hi, everyone.

Since not everyone facebooks (I myself am rarely on there), I wanted to post something in the community regarding our new open beta program for JJP software.

Starting with the most recent versions of GNR and Wonka, there is an option in advanced network settings to switch from "regular" updates to our beta channel. If you want to test out new code before it's released, and, ideally, report back to us your thoughts on it, then anyone is welcome to join. The beta channel software option will eventually be rolled out to every game, but frankly it's unlikely that older games will get very much to check out. Certainly if there are system changes those would get incorporated in them, though.

As far as feedback, you are not required to provide it, but it is appreciated. You can either email us your thoughts at beta at jerseyjackpinball.com, or sign up for a telegram account and join the beta discussion group (vastly preferred due to instant interactivity). Telegram (https://telegram.org/) is a messenger app available for every platform, and highly configurable to your tastes for notifications, etc. We've used it internally for years, and used it with great success in our original internet update beta test.

If you choose to use telegram, then, after you set it up you'll need to go into settings->edit profile and assign yourself a user name (this isn't normally done on setup anymore I don't think). Then, you can email the username to the same address (beta at jerseyjackpinball.com) and we will get you added.

I'll monitor this thread for questions and what not, but wanted to make sure everyone was aware of it so they could get involved if they wanted to. There's no real incentive to do this right now, but you never know... (This is not a specific promise, guarantee, or tease.) The discussion group is pretty constantly monitored by the JJP software team during work hours, and often times off-hours as well.

Any important announcements and/or updates will be edited into this post as well as put in a separate post at the current end of the thread.

Thanks for reading.

#2 2 years ago

One thing I wanted to add... This will be a standard feature going forward, so will be even more relevant in the future as code changes more quickly at the start of a release. Anyone is welcome to join and observe the chat even if you are not specifically in the channel for any game, past, present, or future at the moment.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks will tune in to this thread for sure .

#4 2 years ago

Really cool idea to do this by the way .

#5 2 years ago

<3

#6 2 years ago

Cool im in! Now let’s load up a new beta code for POTC savvy?

#7 2 years ago

Awesome opportunity and direction for JJP. I give it less then 1 Hour before POTC is brought up in this thread lol. Look forward to all the future code improvements thanks.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Awesome opportunity and direction for JJP. I give it less then 1 Hour before POTC is brought up in this thread lol. Look forward to all the future code improvements thanks.

You just did!

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Literally the post above yours.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Literally the post above yours.

Lol! I didn't see that! Good call!

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Lol! I didn't see that! Good call!

Yeah I took a call and got message bumped. lol Still a good thing though I think a tiny hint on POTC would go a Long way at this point...

#12 2 years ago

New software for POTC was already beta tested months ago, never got released. Makes you wonder though.

#13 2 years ago

Nice offering Keith! Hopefully people give feedback on the beta.

#14 2 years ago

My machines shooter lane sensors will occasionally act goofy and have false readings. When this happens it gives you credit for the phantom sensor register and auto plunges the ball killing your skill shot. Would it be feasible to change the logic so that the lower switch the ball rests on would have to be open before a shooter lane sensor can register, minimizing issues from any false sensor registers?

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

My machines shooter lane sensors will occasionally act goofy and have false readings. When this happens it gives you credit for the phantom sensor register and auto plunges the ball killing your skill shot. Would it be feasible to change the logic so that the lower switch the ball rests on would have to be open before a shooter lane sensor can register, minimizing issues from any false sensor registers?

Recalibrate the sensors in the settings. You can also reboot the machine, it does the sensor calibration during startup.

#16 2 years ago

I have tried recalibration and it works for awhile but it comes back after awhile. I have contacted JJP and they are sending me a new board. Not a deal breaker just annoying especially when you leave one in the shooter lane to go do something for awhile only to come back and your game is over because the machine auto plunged until the game ended. Or you are going through all the patches before you plunge.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from KingCat78:

New software for POTC was already beta tested months ago,

Wasn't complete. Mostly WiFi and Bluetooth stuff.

Soon to be added to all JJP games.

LTG : )

#18 2 years ago

LTG any chance we see a complete POTC software update soon? Or is this never going to happen. Asking because then I think about 1000 owners can leave it to rest

Thx

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

LTG any chance we see a complete POTC software update soon?

I have no way of knowing that. Sorry.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have no way of knowing that. Sorry.

You know Everything don't fool us! lol

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You know Everything don't fool us! lol

Yeah right. Telegram sent the code to get in a couple times to my cellphone so I could enter it on my PC. I have Telegram on my PC but used my cellphone # to send their precious code to, I don't have Telegram on the cellphone. And it worked a few times. Now it sends it who knows where, not to my cell phone. I don't get it. And I've been logged out since 7pm on Monday.

As I recall this is the same crap a year or so ago when I uninstalled Telegram from my PC.

I hate technology.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah right. Telegram sent the code to get in a couple times to my cellphone so I could enter it on my PC. I have Telegram on my PC but used my cellphone # to send their precious code to, I don't have Telegram on the cellphone. And it worked a few times. Now it sends it who knows where, not to my cell phone. I don't get it. And I've been logged out since 7pm on Monday.
As I recall this is the same crap a year or so ago when I uninstalled Telegram from my PC.
I hate technology.

You sure This isn't the type of Telegram your using? Might be the issue! lol

ttttr (resized).jpgttttr (resized).jpg
#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You sure This isn't the type of Telegram your using? Might be the issue! lol

No.

And real happiness isn't mine.

If you step outside and light yourself on fire. Yes. Then happiness will be mine. And you'll really be hot today.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't complete. Mostly WiFi and Bluetooth stuff.
Soon to be added to all JJP games.

I think it was more than mostly WiFi and Bluetooth. Here's a video where at the beginning some changes of the new code are explained and if you look at the changelog on the guy's phone, you can see a whole long list of things.

#25 2 years ago

Oke so let’s start sending us 1.02B then at least it’s better then nothing for the last 2 years haha

#26 2 years ago

OMG Awesome. I cant wait to get home!

If only I could get paid to play pinball I would just do that for the rest of my life.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Mine does the same thing. Changing the logic would fix that issue.

#28 2 years ago

I opted into the beta program but I cannot get 1.21 to install. It downloads, very slowly, and during the verify stage it comes back saying something about a bad image.

Any tips?

#29 2 years ago

USB Full Install.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

USB Full Install.

Really? That is how I got to this version after 1.16 broke the Wifi functionality... actually maybe a version before this and actually used Wifi to get to this version.

#31 2 years ago

Just a suggestion to help you.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I opted into the beta program but I cannot get 1.21 to install. It downloads, very slowly, and during the verify stage it comes back saying something about a bad image.
Any tips?

is your coin door open during the update?

mine took about 2 hours to update, but it finally did. i would not update with the door closed though. Now, that was coming from 1.12, and they might have fixed that, but try leaving the door open and let me know.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

is your coin door open during the update?
mine took about 2 hours to update, but it finally did. i would not update with the door closed though. Now, that was coming from 1.12, and they might have fixed that, but try leaving the door open and let me know.

That's the craziest thing I've heard you say but I'm giving it a try now. And, yes I've been doing this with the door closed.

Update worked this time although the download was still rather slow but it didn't fail during the verify step.

#34 2 years ago

Should also read "but after update"

Thanks for the help Kingpin! Much appreciated!!!

PXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpgPXL_20210420_164914433 (resized).jpg
#35 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

and they might have fixed [the coin door closed problem]

It IS fixed, as of 1.15 in GNR. I'm not sure when on Wonka, but certainly the latest doesn't have that problem.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It IS fixed, as of 1.15 in GNR. I'm not sure when on Wonka, but certainly the latest doesn't have that problem.

awesome. thank for the update!

2 weeks later
#37 2 years ago

pinball_keefer I am noticing some audio distortion during November Rain and Estranged from the song track. I'm on the latest beta. Can you replicate on your side?

1 week later
#38 2 years ago

@pinball_keefer
Please integrate a bass, middle and treble controller into the software of the GnR.
The GnR has no bass and the worst sound of any JJP device.
Thanks

#39 2 years ago

Unable to update to 1.22 via WiFi. Tried last night and again this morning. Gets to about 30% (very slowly) and then I get a message that says unable to verify.

#40 2 years ago

finally got it to work. Tried USB and got the same error message about not being able to verify. tried wifi two more times, download speed was fast, but still got failed to verify messages. Third time this morning I tried wifi again and it finally verified the file so the game is now updated.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Please integrate a bass, middle and treble controller into the software of the GnR.
The GnR has no bass and the worst sound of any JJP device.
Thanks

Consider going into sound test and testing low frequency. Perhaps there is something wrong with your sub.

Quoted from kermit24:

I am noticing some audio distortion during November Rain and Estranged from the song track. I'm on the latest beta. Can you replicate on your side?

First I've heard of it.

1 month later
#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

finally got it to work. Tried USB and got the same error message about not being able to verify. tried wifi two more times, download speed was fast, but still got failed to verify messages. Third time this morning I tried wifi again and it finally verified the file so the game is now updated.

Similar scenario, but yet to have success. I finally got my Hobbit set up with working WIFI and BT. However, in attempting now 4 times to get Beta 4 to download successfully, the machine every time states 'file failed to verify'. Don't know what's going on with the servers JJP are using, it's slow enough as it is, but even more annoying when the file completes D/L only to give that error every time. I even swapped servers to see if it would make a difference, but all that did was make even slower and still fail to verify.. If I knew where to find a copy online I could D/L, I would give USB a try since generally that's reliable (except from what you experienced it seems).

#43 2 years ago

I’m in the same boat. I’m on try #7 now to download the beta. I’m about over it now.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m in the same boat. I’m on try #7 now to download the beta. I’m about over it now.

JJP is looking into the failed verify reasons to see if they can improve anything.

#45 2 years ago

pinball_keefer Should I just keep trying to download and install this beta? Or am I wasting my time?

I’ve tried 10 times now. I either get a Download error or a failed to verify error. I’ve tried both my 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi. I’ve tried coin door open and coin door closed. Ives tried rubbing my belly while patting my head.

I’ve never had a problem with a WiFi update before. It’s always been fine on this machine and my Wonka too.

Is there another way around this? Can I just download the code somewhere and plug a USB in?

#46 2 years ago
5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg5D41471D-6957-4B2A-BC5F-8112FF96D1FD (resized).jpeg72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg72D3DC30-D856-4213-A0FD-AB7DFA7E2AAB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#47 2 years ago

Hey Guys have massiv Problems downloading the Beta 10 - comin from 1.22

Server US
WLAN Connect
Coindoor Open

Download starting and ist very slow and about 25% after a couple hours i get an Error - Downloading failed

Any Thing i can do to solve it

Btw: it would be easier to Download the Beta and Install IT via USB. Hope it would be possible

#48 2 years ago

Any way to join the POTC BETA ?

#49 2 years ago

We are actively investigating the download issues. In the next day or two we'll (ironically?) have a beta out that gets us more information on failures, as well as some stuff that has already been cleaned up and bullet-proofed.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

We are actively investigating the download issues. In the next day or two we'll (ironically?) have a beta out that gets us more information on failures, as well as some stuff that has already been cleaned up and bullet-proofed.

Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.