Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ball_Shine
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
jtnMR81.png
WWOP.jpg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I can only imagine the pricing threads here if manufacturers went to making and clearing playields by hand.

NIB prices are high enough and I'm fine with the robot.

#52 4 years ago

that's the thing. You can't expect production fields to have the level that us restorers do. Just to much leveling and layering that goes into each field. They would have to charge $1500 a playfield if that was the case. Better to keep the costs down. It's acceptable as is. Some people just want more clear and flatter. Those that do, can send it to those of us that restore fields, and the ones that are happy don't have to do anything.

4 weeks later
#53 4 years ago

I totally agree with neo. The pf quality offered by the machine manufactures is exactly what is necessary. I would much rather have the choice. It takes over 20 man hours, to do a custom clear job, not to mention, I, we, wait 10-14 days between sets of coats for proper curing. it just wouldn't be possible.
I think it is better to offer a product that is plenty good enough for what it is built for, and keeping it affordable. Then if someone wants to make it a collector item, there are plenty of us that can help those people.

#54 4 years ago

All your points are valid, however keeping costs down should not result in poor quality on a high end product.
So much BS in regards to clear coats, yes a robot will give a more even coat but they are also designed to use "minimal product". Every industry uses the same philosophy to cut costs, just look a the thicknesses of fiberglass boats, I have a swiftcraft explorer about 40 years old, the thickness of the hull is double that of newer boats. Imagine your a boat builder and realize you can make 2 boats with the same amount of product as you have been using for one, would you do it?
If you say your making the best then do it, and if it's not fix it, it's that simple however the pinball industry thinks they are different to any other industry for some reason because a lot of their products are "commercial use". To me the term commercial use should mean that the product whatever it is should withstand heavy use. Imagine a coastal rescue boat being made and the maker says it's only for commercial use" Yes I know two very different industries however the mentality should be the same.
I have a split in the clear of my WOZ (have started a thread) and so far I'm yet to hear from JJP after raising a ticket. I hope they do something about it or it will be my first and last JJP machine, a shame really as they are beautiful machines. Just need to back it up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside