• Yes for sure 63 votes
    32%
  • Maybe a bit to expensive 65 votes
    33%
  • For sure not 69 votes
    35%

(197 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

clo19.jpg
images.jpg
imgres.jpg

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I would love to know how long the machine would have to be on location for you to recoup your purchase price.

If I were to make 100 bucks a week sustained (unlikely) it would still take 2+ years...

#102 5 years ago

It's nice, but at the end of the day it's still just a decal. I can't believe it's generating this much excitement from some of you guys.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It's nice, but at the end of the day it's still just a decal. I can't believe it's generating this much excitement from some of you guys.

C'mon, that's mean.

If that is all they have to look forward to in their lives, let them beam with excitement.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If that is all they have to look forward to in their lives, let them beam with excitement.

As you are always a voice of reason on here, I concur and will indulge them.

HEY GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN JJP'S NEW DECALS?!?!? HOLY "F", THEY ROCK!!!!!

images.jpg

#105 5 years ago

Yep, we need more updates.....

#106 5 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements is having a Hobbit Release party this Saturday 2/21 11-5pm at Old Sled Works in Harrisburg, PA area. Come see the Hobbit AND Jack will have the RAD-CAL decals there for you to run your fingers across in amazement ! lol...

Party details here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-and-mmr-release-party-sat-221

Please email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com to get on the guest list !

Hope to see you there !

#107 5 years ago

I didnt read all of the Posts here but IMHO im not in ob the decal. It's to new of a product. For example how easy is it to put on or replace? How long will it last for and is there a guarentee. My Machine is for HUO so the only way I can see it getting damaged is if I decide to move. 400.00 is an awful lot when your already paying for a machine that is 9K. It should already come with the machine at that price.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR Amusements is having a Hobbit Release party this Saturday 2/21 11-5pm at Old Sled Works in Harrisburg, PA area. Come see the Hobbit AND Jack will have the RAD-CAL decals there for you to run your fingers across in amazement ! lol...
Party details here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-and-mmr-release-party-sat-221
Please email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com to get on the guest list !
Hope to see you there !

Is it usuall to have a launch party and then have to wait 3,4,5 months to actually get the product?

#109 5 years ago

I'm not bitching btw just curious.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

400.00 is an awful lot when your already paying for a machine that is 9K

$400 for decals ( any ) is too F'ing high.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

$400 for decals ( any ) is too F'ing high.
» YouTube video

One of my favorite movies from way back. I actually had it in Beta format.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is it usuall to have a launch party and then have to wait 3,4,5 months to actually get the product?

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm not bitching btw just curious.

Jack will be there; He likes it!

#113 5 years ago

No $400 RAD CAL decals for me. A person has to draw a line some where and say enough is enough.

I'll take the $400 and put it to the side for Pat's game.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Seems to be. Heighway Pinball had a launch party for Full Throttle a couple of weeks back. Game won't be out for a month or so.

Dutch Pinball had their launch party back before expo, game is due in Q2.

#115 5 years ago

I sure hope there was never a launch party for Pinball Circus. That'd be a helluva thing...

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I sure hope there was never a launch party for Pinball Circus. That'd be a helluva thing..

You missed it. Saturday October 2nd, 2004.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : No CHEESE PUMP then.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I sure hope there was never a launch party for Pinball Circus. That'd be a helluva thing...

Rest assured when we are "done" with Python's Pinball Circus, there will be a big party.

I half jokingly tried to convince the team to procure some real tigers for our reveal at Expo this past year. Not sure if that would have topped the TBL girls or not though.

Paul

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Not sure if that would have topped the TBL girls or not though.

I'm sure you can do better....

clo19.jpg
#119 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Not sure if that would have topped the TBL girls or not though.

If they ate an attendee or two it would have.

LTG : )™

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Rest assured when we are "done" with Python's Pinball Circus, there will be a big party.
I half jokingly tried to convince the team to procure some real tigers for our reveal at Expo this past year. Not sure if that would have topped the TBL girls or not though.
Paul

Ha ha! I figured you'd chime in here. Of course, I was talking about the original...but much looking forward to what you guys do with it. I think it's a wonderful game!

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If they ate an attendee or two it would have.
LTG : )™

Mike didn't have his scooter there, so he'd probably have been the slowest moving target.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure you can do better....

clo19.jpg 42 KB

Is that Gottlieb's Happy Clown?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Is that Gottlieb's Happy Clown?

I'd make her a happy clown....

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd make her a happy clown....

She would make me happy.

#126 5 years ago

I'm curious if these decals have been tested out on site somewhere. Persoanlly I'm not a fan of super glossy prints. Makes me wonder why no one would just have these cabs printed directly on the machine. Surely with today's technology and at this price point we could see something more durable than decals.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Surely with today's technology and at this price point we could see something more durable than decals.

Sure, you could see something more durable, but then you can't constantly pay for replacement decals.

Check out Heighway Pinball's protected artwork on their games - they even come with alternative artwork you can swap out and back - very innovative system.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

I'm curious if these decals have been tested out on site somewhere. Persoanlly I'm not a fan of super glossy prints. Makes me wonder why no one would just have these cabs printed directly on the machine. Surely with today's technology and at this price point we could see something more durable than decals.

B/W already made them, ToM cabs are bulletproof.

1 year later
#129 3 years ago

Does anybody have a hobbit with the RAD cal yet? I'd like to see pictures of it on the cabinet.

TIA

2 weeks later
#130 3 years ago

There is an industry issue when a manufacturer thinks charging $400 for a set of stickers are a good idea to buy and apply to a brand new game, cost less than $80 to make with material and printing, and will never need to own a set in game lifetime for either individual or operator.

Things like this used to included with production quality of past machines which were silkscreened cabinets, and were better quality. This is not restoration product that was redone from scratch and reproduced.

Do the math l, know what you are buying in this world, and be smart, owners.

This is a 300+% profit mark up.

Unless, you think $300 more is worth having a set of stickers purely for a "cool name".

#131 3 years ago

You bumped a year old thread to complain about something you have no intention of buying? That's pretty sad. A set of replacement decals for any game cost the same amount. People have the OPTION of upgrading. Like paying 2k for custom paint on a car from the factory. Options are the spice of life.

#132 3 years ago

Just ask for your game with the decals uninstalled, and rolled up in a tube.

Take them to your local sign shop and get them laminated. It's costs about $1-2 a square foot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pensacola, FL
7,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Camano Island, WA
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside