Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
    jerseysign (resized).jpg
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    JJP sign.jpg
    7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg
    2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg
    2 29 20a (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg
    8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg
    pj (resized).jpg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    indiana-jones-2048x1024 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Kaboom...Kaneda's rumor was right.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

That's what I'm afraid of.

Let the poaching begin!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe the move will delay things?

Honestly, setting up a pinball assembly line can't be that hard compared to a lot of other manufacturing. JJP makes very few parts on site. Its a matter of taking the fixtures and assembly stations out of one building and moving it to the new building. Air and power drops are pretty much the main things they need to get assembly back up and going. Also, new employee training. I've been involved with much more complex plant moves in the last few years...but I am not seeing a whole lot of pain in moving JJP after watching their plant tour videos. Incidentally, the last plant I helped move was out of Chicago and into rural Indiana due to union issues.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like manufacturing will be 5 miles from the design offices and right beside O’Hare airport.
    [quoted image]
    My vote is - Chicago’s Own, Jersey Jack becoming South Shore’s Chicago Jack.

I just want to congratulate you on making a map without fake pinball locations on it.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

That may have resulted in some benefit if they would stay in Illinois?

Yeah, their top guys staying with the company. Don't think there would not have been key people who would have quit over moving their families to some crappy flyover state.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

... you're a crappy flyover state.

I didn't call Illinois a crappy flyover state, I said "some crappy flyover state". They were already in Illinois. And yes, I wouldn't move to PA either if given the choice. People are leaving this joint in droves for a reason.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I just want to know who is resurrecting the Gottlieb name?

Toyshock.

#262 4 years ago

Whirlpool engineering and tech is an oxymoron. Well, I guess you can engineer with the intent of making sure your products only last 2-3 years.

1 week later
    #427 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Just the opposite. Minnesota Lakers became Los Angeles Lakers. Brooklyn Dodgers became Los Angeles Dodgers. If you leave the city, you should leave the city. If Jersey Jack has zero presence in Jersey they he should drop “Jersey” and be Chicago Jack or at minimum the artist formerly known as Jersey Jack of Illinois

Good lord people....I guess Jersey Mike's should change their name also? I guess Komatsu heavy equipment should change their name since they are no longer in Komatsu as well

2 months later
    #509 3 years ago

Moving a pinball assembly line isn't that hard. Its not like they are moving heavy machinery and robots into place. Heck, JJP's work stations were already on wheels. JJP does not seem to manufacture any of their own parts, so we are talking strictly assembly. Plumb some air lines in and drop power lines off the bus ducts. Pallet racking can be installed in a shift or two. I've helped move far more complex operations in a week or two. JJP will probably run into more issues getting their supply chain back up to speed due to COVID than getting their new assembly line functional. Cheap shipping from abroad on anything but the slow boat is a thing of the past. All those cheap and plentiful flights that shipped cargo along with passengers across the world have been nonexistent the last few months.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-moving-to-illinois?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.