Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
    jerseysign (resized).jpg
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    JJP sign.jpg
    7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg
    2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg
    2 29 20a (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg
    8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg
    pj (resized).jpg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    indiana-jones-2048x1024 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 4 years ago

Hopefully this is a good thing for JJP....I wonder how long it will delay the release of their next game? Moving, staffing, and getting operations up at a new location isn't rocket science, but it does take time.

#56 4 years ago

maybe Stern will be making all their games? I don't think JJP is very good on the manufacturing/throughput side, which is Sterns strength

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Within the next 18 months JJP will merge with Stern as a brand offering under the Stern umbrella. They are just a boutique brand and have suffered so many set backs due to atrocious QC that I'm not sure how else they will survive with the current strategy of being the highest priced product with the lowest quality. They have just made too many blunders and really need stern to bail them out.

I wouldn't be surprised, but Stern's QC is worse...and their quality is 10X any stern I've owned

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

You're wrong.

Not based on my experience and I've owned all of the JJP games and over a dozen Stern games...from my experience the best quality has been CGC, then JJP, and then Stern by a long shot....

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

They struggle financially because of numerous issues, none of which is costs being too high. They struggle because:
    A. JJP MSRP is way to high to the end user. Come on WOZ jumping from $6.5k to $11.5k with monkey mech removed? Apologist say they couldn’t make any money at those prices.
    B. Manufacturing quality is the lowest in the business.
    C. Manufacturing and design being so far apart (getting this one right after the move).
    D. Poor theme choices over and over again.
    E. Support is mostly nonexistent and very hard to get issues resolved in a timely fashion, if at all.

I agree on points A, C, and most recently E (they used to be great).....totally disagree on points B and D

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is good to hear. Plus one customer having a good experience. Like that, because this seems to be rare.

I've owned them all and have never had a QC issue....

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I agree about CGC being the best. They never need fixing. I wished they produced more titles I'd buy every single one. My exp with jjp has been the opposite.

interesting....I've had the exact opposite ....Stern quality has really gone down hill the last several years....and their prices are approaching JJP's (on their LE's)

#151 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

You might be right, a little to harsh on themes, because some are good, but come on DI as a theme? That theme sunk an otherwise good game.
    Using quality parts could be stated, but temp workers on the line, making blunders on machines being shipped with the end users needing to fix themselves? That is the not so good quality I’m talking about.

Their games tend to be more complex to assemble (i.e. my POTC LE), but aside from the usual tweaking all my games have been very reliable. I agree on DI as I loved the layout/shots, but the theme was lacking for me....I get why operators wouldn't like JJP games as their price point is significantly higher than the Stern pro models. That being said its my understanding that POTC kills on location.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

The joke is, it’s all subjective. But a family standing in a show room will almost always choose SW for theme and fun game play for the whole family, unless they are really into pinball, then they might choose a JJP standard. But they are not twice as fun.

I agree its subjective, but that Stern SW HE is a complete joke....my guess is they sold very few units....its expensive for a compulsive purchase by a non pinball....once they do a little research they quickly realize its an over priced POS

1 week later
    #461 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Try $8K in LA for 1400 Sq Ft.
    Your guys property tax is chump change

imagine what your taxes would be if we didn't have prop 13 in California....

2 months later
    #484 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Looking doubtful that JJP will survive the pandemic. They weren't exactly flush with cash before all this began.

This pandemic might have been good for JJP....layoffs, furloughs, reduce overhead, push restart when its over...

#502 3 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Sounds like no new title anytime soon then

I wouldn't hold my breath on anything from JJP for a while

1 week later
    #536 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Looks good to me! Now where is the next run of POTC?

Never happen

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-moving-to-illinois?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.