Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
    jerseysign (resized).jpg
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    JJP sign.jpg
    7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg
    2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg
    2 29 20a (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg
    8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg
    pj (resized).jpg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    indiana-jones-2048x1024 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 4 years ago

Is CGC also in the same industrial area?

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Within the next 18 months JJP will merge with Stern as a brand offering under the Stern umbrella. They are just a boutique brand and have suffered so many set backs due to atrocious QC that I'm not sure how else they will survive with the current strategy of being the highest priced product with the lowest quality. They have just made too many blunders and really need stern to bail them out.

Yeah, maybe the billionaire that owns JJP will buy Stern and finally make their games actually worth their insane asking prices by increasing quality, and features. Maybe for $6k - $15k Stern games under JJP would at least have proper coil stops.

Why is Stern trying to save 50 cents a game by putting cheap coil stops in their $6k - $15k games?

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Wonder if this will have an affect on the release date of GnR...

It could but I think JJP will go into full production with GNR at their new facility. It's going to be interesting what JJP games other then GNR are built at the new factory. Wonka? Of course. Others such as Dialed In, and WOZ? Maybe. Seems like JJP wants to start putting two games out a year that have a slightly lower build of materials cost then games such as WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates.

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Whatever you say. A company called Jersey Jack doesn't move to Chicago unless they have to. They're hurting and Stern is going to jump in.

How is Stern jumping in when the press release mentions JJP hiring for around 50 positions in the Chicago area?

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:Where do you come up with this ?
    If they were hurting. Pulling up stakes and moving 850 miles away. and setting up shop. Wouldn't that cost $$$$ ? Have to - that cost would be prohibitive to a company having to do anything.
    Stern isn't jumping anywhere. They have their own company, which is quite successful. And no need to take on a "have to".
    With the possible exception of Jack. The most important people to JJP are already in Chicago. Pat, Keith, Ted, Joe, Eric, and others I'm forgetting. Having New Jersey and Chicago all under one roof, where the most important people to JJP are, makes sense.
    LTG : )

There are unfortunately a few people here that want JJP to fail. Why? Who knows. Maybe they are pissed that a new pinball company came out of nowhere and one upped their all mighty Stern and repeatedly puts out a higher quality product with more features.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

The best solution would obviously be to move all the manufacturing and assembling to china.
    Keep design, concept artists etc in the us, but do the groundwork in one location.
    It's also the lowest cost.

No. Keep production in USA!

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Save 50 cents on one part. If you make 10,000 games per year that is $5,000.00 cost savings. Just on one part. Save 50 cents on 5 parts and the cost savings is $25,000.00. That is an assembly line job for somebody. That $25K finances the building of 5-10 more pins. Or helps pay for company health care. And that is for 10K units. 20K units? Double everything.

When the games are $6k - $9k+ companies shouldn't be trying to save money on coil stops and other similar items. These are luxury items and should be made with quality parts considering the all time record high NIB prices. At some point, and we've reached it, the cost saving strategies are not only disgusting but also inexcusable.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Heavy in pinball terms usually means outdated, old tech and very cumbersome. Anyone that has tried to move a widebody JJP machine knows the weight of poor design and old mech tech is as heavy as a small automobile (lol). Stern, Spooky, American Pinball, CGC has the weight balance figured out and for good reasons to stay with that balance.
    That’s why Pat has always refused to make widebody anything. He gets it and understands why no modern company makes that albatross of a design any longer. The ball meanders all over the play field on a widebody, along with all the other physic issues constantly happening.
    The math on pinball field design was done for a reason and settled on the standard size play field we have now for goods reasons. Just like all sports fields have been determined to be optimal for their respective games.

What are you smoking?

I suppose Sterns are so light as they are made out of carbon fiber!

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Back to being insulting because truth is spoken about your precious JJP of the past? A new beginning for JJP, let it be for you too!

So since you say JJP games only weigh more then Sterns due to old tech here's how we get a couple JJP pins down to a similar weight.

Starting off with Hobbit. First the metal ramps, gotta go plastic! Metal habit rails? Gone! 11 drop targets? No no no, we replace at least 8 of those with stationary stand up targets. A moving Smaug toy that also has an interactive jaw to speak to players? That's now a hollow plastic bash toy on a spring. 4 beast pop up mechs? Are you crazy?! Those are gone completely. Various 3D molds? Too expensive, time to go flat plastics. Oh, and an actual mechanical kick back? Get that the hell out of there and have software do it.

WOZ? Get rid of those upper playfields, they just "slow" the game down. A moving witch toy? Make it stationary. 3D molded pop bumper caps? LOL, toss those out the window for standard flat pop bumper caps. A spinning house? No wait a spinning house that also has the witches legs pop out of it? That's insanity. The house is now 3 flat plastics held together with screws and doesn't move.

Finally we cheapen up the cabinets, make them standard bodies, toss out the lock down bar mechs, make the playfields a bit thinner, make the cabinet head mostly out of metal instead of wood, and make as many parts as possible out of cheaper / thinner metal.

There ya go my friend, now JJP games weigh the same as a modern Stern and only feature modern technology.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks for calling me friend. I hope we are always friends. After all this is only a forum discussion and we are both in the same boat as consumers. It is actually fun hearing your views on things, when you’re being nice and I enjoy your comments much of the time. Different view points are respected by me. flynnibus I have little to no respect for as he is always putting everyone or Stern in particular down. Calling my opinions “historic stupidity” is very low class. Thank you for not stooping to flynnibus‘s ungentlemanly manners or the lack thereof.

I apologize for my rants lol. I understand some people will prefer Stern over JJP and vice versa. Even though I praise JJP often they have had plenty of screw ups that I've complained about. I'm hoping GNR is finally their first debacle free game. Every single JJP game launch has been plagued by some issue. Hopefully GNR is different.

#363 4 years ago

Mini interview with Jack from This Week In Pinball is up!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-2nd-2020/

TWIP: Can you share more about what prompted the move from New Jersey to Illinois?

Jack Guarnieri: We outgrew both of our buildings, the one in NJ and in Bensenville. We needed to get into a big, beautiful building so everyone can be together.

TWIP: How long do you anticipate it will be before the Illinois manufacturing facility is ready to build games?

Jack: It will be up and running quickly.

TWIP: Will this move impact release plans of the next JJP title?

Jack: No, we are on track to release as per our plan.

TWIP: Have their been any discussions of mergers between JJP and any of the other pinball manufacturers located near Chicago?

Jack: No.

TWIP: As far as the future of Jersey Jack Pinball – where do you see Jersey Jack Pinball in five years?

Jack: The industry leader in innovation and FUN! Releasing multiple titles yearly, designing and building thousands of amazing games a year, expanding the base of pinball players all over the world.

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I enjoyed kanedas take on jjp.
    Dont agree with all. Lawlor is a great playfield designer, but should probably stick to that.
    JJP isnt blessed with luck. Wonka is a really nice game, but was cursed with the playfield issue.
    Lawlor should have made the playfield for hobbit, bu wasnt on board yet.
    I sure hope they survive. It's Actually the company i hope for the most, not to go belly up.
    Lets hope they Dont mimic the Stern playbook moving to Chicago producing cheap trash.
    Keep the magic under the glass. keep loading up with imaginative gizmos.

Pat did have some say when the playfield / artwork was redone. Opening up the bag end shot area was Pat's idea from what I read. I completely disagree with Kaneda on Hobbit as that game is incredible with one of the best world under glass in pinball in my opinion.

#438 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

This one very specific example was actually my idea, something I'd wanted done for a long time. There is no question Pat's involvement opened the door to getting a number of significant and needed changes done to the game, however, including this one.

Thanks for sharing Keith, very interesting. The game turned out great, as did the code! Hobbit is one of my favorite pins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-moving-to-illinois?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.