Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
    jerseysign (resized).jpg
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    JJP sign.jpg
    7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg
    2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg
    2 29 20a (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg
    8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg
    pj (resized).jpg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    indiana-jones-2048x1024 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrBally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Midway-Man:Just imagine them being neighbors... LOL

Bally (the real Bally) and Williams were about a half-mile apart walking/driving distance. As the crow flies, maybe 2/10's of a mile. Heck, Bally's Bingo tech building was across Roscoe from Williams/United.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

Wondering if any new positions will be opening. I would love to apply for an engineering role there.

Whirlpool not challenging enough?

I just mean this as your town is close to Whirlpool's engineering and tech centers.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Its so darn cold for a big junk of the year in Chicago. Burrr

Chicago weather is aboot the same as Central Jersey.

#93 4 years ago

Buona Beef is my favorite.
    Gene and Jude's for hot dogs...

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

No one mentioned Mr Beef in this thread?
    Shame on all of you!

It's been a few years for me. Do they still have Jake & Elwood there?

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

Albeit immediately disruptive to business, as mentioned, this move makes business sense, in many ways. The consolidation of the two leases into one. The Engineering / Manufacturing in one location. The sheet metal, coin doors, pinball legs, wood cabinets, transformer, coils, common injection molded parts, and many other parts are made within a 20 minute ride from Elk Grove Village. The freight savings and logistic benefit is huge. The labor pool, as mentioned near Elk Grove, is a real asset, not to mention the pinball talent in the area. I am happy for the whole team at JJP, moving into their new facility.

Don't forget the glass. Heavy stuff meaning costly to ship from Illinois to Central Jersey.

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Move to St. Louis. The city would basically give you a location & cut your taxes for at least a decade. You can ship your pins via train to Chicago to ship overseas. I guarantee you'll save millions.

Higher murder rate than Chicago. No thanks.

I used to like visiting when my job took me nearby.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You dolts know Jersey Jack is his moniker right? Its wherever he is

The Name Jersey Jack was coined by Eddie Adlum, the publisher of RePlay Magazine.

#297 4 years ago

Here's an original idea for those wanting a name change: Illinois Pinball

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

I like what I do, but to work in the world of pinball would be a cool opportunity I think.

You may not like the pinball industry pay cut. Plus tolls, city stickers for your cars, higher gas prices, higher sales tax, higher state income tax, city income tax (select cities) etc.

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

What time of year is this move going to take place

Since JJP sometimes has difficulty keeping dates, lets just go with "2020-ish".....

#359 4 years ago

Did JJP confirm that they are moving to 1850 Greenleaf Ave in Elk Grove Village?

1 week later
    #418 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

While I think it's a good idea to have engineering/purchasing located in the same building as manufacturing, there's got to be some growing pains getting new lineworkers up to speed if they are fresh off the street. Anyone know if the lineworkers were given an opportunity to relocate?

Rockwell Microelectronics/Semiconductor Products Division had no issues with The first Gottlieb Solid State system. Design, development and purchasing were done at 4311 Jamboree Road in Newport Beach, California while all the boards were produced at 6 Butterfield Trail in El Paso, Texas. The wafer fabrication for the proprietary Rockwell IC's was also done in the attached plant to the Newport Beach offices.

Note that the Gottlieb business was a niche contract for Rockwell compared to the various boards and assemblies they were pumping out of that factory in El Paso.

2 months later
    #491 3 years ago

Or hold Expo 2020 in Youngstown, Ohio

Ohio, Open for bidness on May 21, 2020

1 week later
    #513 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

jeez! they are literally a block away from Stern. Have 2 pinball companies ever been this close?
    [quoted image]

The real Bally and Williams/United were even closer. Front door to front door of each factory/headquarters in the '60's & '70's via streets was 3 blocks. Main factories could touch even closer. Heck, Bally's Bingo plant, which was a separate building, was right across the street from Williams.

In this recent photo, the Animal Eye Care building on the right is the old Bally Bingo plant (which later became the Midway TouchMaster plant when Williams/WMS bought the Bally Amusement game businesses). The Williams Pinball & United bowler plant is the red brick building on the left.

Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpgRoscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    #517 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I can now confirm that 1850 Greenleaf Ave. in Elk Grove Village is the new home of Jersey Jack Pinball. They put the sign in the front lawn today. Yes, it does say JERSEY Jack Pinball. I can also confirm that there has been some activity in the building over the past few weeks. There are 5 or 6 construction permits posted on the front window. I have seen a few workers entering/exiting the building on a couple occasions. I have also seen one or two semi trucks backed in the dock, and a coupe cars in the parking lot from time to time.

Thanks for confirming my March 1st post (post 359). The building is marked 1850 (as opposed to 1830) Greenleaf on the front as shown in these pictures.

Let the games begin.....

2 29 20a (resized).PNG2 29 20a (resized).PNG2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg

#531 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I have to admit, I found the sign unappealing when I saw it. It is for real.

It looks a lot better than the empty frame with a missing fluorescent tube when I was there three months ago.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrBally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-moving-to-illinois?tu=MrBally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.