Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
    jerseysign (resized).jpg
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    JJP sign.jpg
    7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg
    2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg
    2 29 20a (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg
    8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg
    pj (resized).jpg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    indiana-jones-2048x1024 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Imagine all the costs saved by not having to ship parts to jersey since most of the parts are in Chicago? Not to mention they don't have to fly designers out to jersey everytime a game is about to go on the production line. This move only makes sense.

I thought most pinball parts were coming from Asia?

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

what parts, the boards? I'm talking about off the shelf pinball parts like flipper mechs, posts, playfield glass, coin doors, legs, lockdown bars. Unless you're homepin, I'm guessing most of that comes from pinball life.

What country makes the parts to make the final assemblies? Glass is likely made in the US but I doubt most metal parts are made in the US.
    Also, doesn't pinballlife get most of their parts from other countries as well just like LED bulbs?

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

For those that somehow think Stern is going to contract manufacture JJP games, think about that for a moment. Look what heavy metal costs ($8200 for star wars home pin with new art and graphics). If you're stern, the best way to kill off your competition is to raise the prices on the games they are making for you. Ask any company that OEM's a product out to some other company, it sucks. They basically control your prices now and can raise them as much as they want. My company is going through this right now so guess what we're doing, we're designing our own version for less money with better quality.

Perhaps JJP will try to poach some of the inexpensive skilled pinball assembly workers that Stern uses in Illinois. JJP may only need them part time anyway with the slow rate they make games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-moving-to-illinois?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.