Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
    jerseysign (resized).jpg
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    JJP sign.jpg
    7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg
    2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg
    2 29 20a (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg
    8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg
    pj (resized).jpg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    indiana-jones-2048x1024 (resized).jpg

There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 3 years ago

Based on some support emails I've gotten back, they have set a target for mid-June to at least be moved in and resuming support based shipments

#502 3 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Sounds like no new title anytime soon then

I wouldn't hold my breath on anything from JJP for a while

#503 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

You don't think they started the move, at all?

Jack made announcement just days before covid lock down. Feb 26th.
    Dought old factory had packed up much.
    Then Butch left or was let go.
    Chicago still on lock down.
    This is going to take a year.
    Like I said before. Gives jack more time to prep for next years TPF because Expo most likely won't happen.

#504 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This is going to take a year.
    Like I said before. Gives jack more time to prep for next years TPF because Expo most likely won't happen.

It makes no sense to wait for the next pin event. Until there is a (reliable) vaccine, most of us won't risk attending.
    We have the internet. R&M sold out without 80 people at expo being able to play it. And prior JJP launch events have been terrible. This is their time to prep a proper launch-video and reveal-stream.

I'm saving my pennies to help with NIB purchase, but Stern, Deeproot, JJP, and American really need to stagger their releases this year and next year.

#505 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

It makes no sense to wait for the next pin event.

Or does it make for very smart business sense?
    Even a video live event would be far away.
    There is maybe 2 assembled games that may of been at TPF. There is nothing to sell right now. No games to ship and no line to build them.
    Another really big problem...
    For many of us we wont be set back to far do to covid. For others it will take years to recover. This lockdown essentially took away about 80% instant sales, and trickle sales will be even slower.
    Pins are a luxury expense for many, that money has dwindled a little.
    Location pinball will struggle in year ahead also leaving many to avoid NIB.

Quoted from Reznnate:

purchase, but Stern, Deeproot, JJP, and American really need to stagger their releases this year and next year.

This would be nice. However, Gary Stern has a pretty good track record not playing nice. Often bombing one reveal with his own a few days later or at same show.

#506 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I work on Greenleaf Ave. I will keep my eyes open.

I can now confirm that 1850 Greenleaf Ave. in Elk Grove Village is the new home of Jersey Jack Pinball. They put the sign in the front lawn today. Yes, it does say JERSEY Jack Pinball. I can also confirm that there has been some activity in the building over the past few weeks. There are 5 or 6 construction permits posted on the front window. I have seen a few workers entering/exiting the building on a couple occasions. I have also seen one or two semi trucks backed in the dock, and a coupe cars in the parking lot from time to time.

#507 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I can now confirm that 1850 Greenleaf Ave. in Elk Grove Village is the new home of Jersey Jack Pinball. They put the sign in the front lawn today. Yes, it does say JERSEY Jack Pinball. I can also confirm that there has been some activity in the building over the past few weeks. There are 5 or 6 construction permits posted on the front window. I have seen a few workers entering/exiting the building on a couple occasions. I have also seen one or two semi trucks backed in the dock, and a coupe cars in the parking lot from time to time.

jeez! they are literally a block away from Stern. Have 2 pinball companies ever been this close?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#508 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

To funny, my aerospace partner company is next door and long term customer is directly across the street. Looks like I'll have plenty of reason to stop by lol.

#509 3 years ago

Moving a pinball assembly line isn't that hard. Its not like they are moving heavy machinery and robots into place. Heck, JJP's work stations were already on wheels. JJP does not seem to manufacture any of their own parts, so we are talking strictly assembly. Plumb some air lines in and drop power lines off the bus ducts. Pallet racking can be installed in a shift or two. I've helped move far more complex operations in a week or two. JJP will probably run into more issues getting their supply chain back up to speed due to COVID than getting their new assembly line functional. Cheap shipping from abroad on anything but the slow boat is a thing of the past. All those cheap and plentiful flights that shipped cargo along with passengers across the world have been nonexistent the last few months.

#510 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

Perhaps a future tour during Pinball Expo.

#511 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Perhaps a future tour during Pinball Expo.

I’m hoping for a tour on my lunch break sometime soon!

#512 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Moving a pinball assembly line isn't that hard. Its not like they are moving heavy machinery and robots into place. Heck, JJP's work stations were already on wheels. JJP does not seem to manufacture any of their own parts, so we are talking strictly assembly. Plumb some air lines in and drop power lines off the bus ducts. Pallet racking can be installed in a shift or two. I've helped move far more complex operations in a week or two. JJP will probably run into more issues getting their supply chain back up to speed due to COVID than getting their new assembly line functional. Cheap shipping from abroad on anything but the slow boat is a thing of the past. All those cheap and plentiful flights that shipped cargo along with passengers across the world have been nonexistent the last few months.

Agree that moving the line should be relatively easy. I’m concerned though with how long it will take them to get the new salary and hourly employees working as a team and making a quality product. I’ve overseen dozens of factory moves, and this is always the hardest part, i.e. practice makes perfect. Hopefully JJP has an experienced manufacturing start-up leader who is emphasizing employee training and quality culture. I don’t buy that there are plenty of experienced “pinball assemblers” available for hire.

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

jeez! they are literally a block away from Stern. Have 2 pinball companies ever been this close?
    [quoted image]

The real Bally and Williams/United were even closer. Front door to front door of each factory/headquarters in the '60's & '70's via streets was 3 blocks. Main factories could touch even closer. Heck, Bally's Bingo plant, which was a separate building, was right across the street from Williams.

In this recent photo, the Animal Eye Care building on the right is the old Bally Bingo plant (which later became the Midway TouchMaster plant when Williams/WMS bought the Bally Amusement game businesses). The Williams Pinball & United bowler plant is the red brick building on the left.

Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpgRoscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    #514 3 years ago

Jersey Jack, I like that guy.

Also, (and more important to the point) it would make it easy to visit both companies.

I read through the threads and I just wanted to add this.

I did not ever think I might be able to go to j j for a visit but now, stern expo and jjp all in one. Just have to let things settle down for twelve months.

#515 3 years ago
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #516 3 years ago

Saxon baby,

#517 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

Thanks for confirming my March 1st post (post 359). The building is marked 1850 (as opposed to 1830) Greenleaf on the front as shown in these pictures.

Let the games begin.....

2 29 20a (resized).PNG2 29 20a (resized).PNG2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg

#518 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Thanks for confirming my March 1st post (post 359). The building is marked 1850 Greenleaf on the front as shown in these pictures.
    Let the games begin.....
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Ever notice a fancy looking car in all these photos?

#519 3 years ago
    7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg
    #520 3 years ago

I saw this earlier on Twitter, and wondered if the lettering was photoshopped in. Looks funky.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I saw this earlier on Twitter, and wondered if the lettering was photoshopped in. Looks funky.

Yeah and the grass is to long and the bush isn’t pruned. Lol. It’s a Sign! Do we have to critique Every communication and effort? Lol

#522 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]

now they can send their pinball spies out to each others factory and outdo one another

#523 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah and the grass is to long and the bush isn’t pruned. Lol. It’s a Sign! Do we have to critique Every communication and effort? Lol

My point was, I genuinely wondered if the signage existed or if they pasted some text onto an existing image. The photo looked peculiar when I saw it. Still does. I have a background, (failed) in illustration so seeing something like that stands out for me.

Plus, it's definitely interesting that they removed the NJ outline from their sign. I wonder if that will happen throughout their logo usage.

#524 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

My point was, I genuinely wondered if the signage existed or if they pasted some text onto an existing image. The photo looked peculiar when I saw it. Still does. I have a background, (failed) in illustration so seeing something like that stands out for me.

Sign is real

#525 3 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

[quoted image]

Great photo. Look al all the Stern games in the background!

#526 3 years ago

I saw someone ask the same thing over on Facebook!

They addressed the lack of the NJ outline also. Said the sign was too horizontal, so they focused on the name.

#527 3 years ago

How about something like this?

JJP sign.jpgJJP sign.jpg

#528 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

How about something like this?
    [quoted image]

Looks good to me! Now where is the next run of POTC?

#529 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I have to admit, I found the sign unappealing when I saw it. It is for real.

#530 3 years ago

There is nothing Pinsiders can't criticize!

#531 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

It looks a lot better than the empty frame with a missing fluorescent tube when I was there three months ago.

#532 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

There is nothing Pinsiders can't criticize!

Observations are not the same as criticism.

#533 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Observations are not the same as criticism.

Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpgLebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    #534 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

Needs to be in neon. That would rock the logo.

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

[quoted image]

I'm just happy to see a sign, and well...that there's a continuing business behind it!

I do hope this streamlines production for them, but it's definitely sad to think about the loss of a sweet trip to Philly and NYC, and consequently JJP and the shore/Silverball Museum.....

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Looks good to me! Now where is the next run of POTC?

Never happen

#537 3 years ago

the finished sign just went up.

jerseysign (resized).jpgjerseysign (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #538 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

jeez! they are literally a block away from Stern.

Better watch out....

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpgexternal-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #539 3 years ago

So they've been moved in for 3 months now. Radio silence. (except for "please buy more Wonka")

I'm guessing the supply chain problem is causing some serious issues.

#540 3 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

So they've been moved in for 3 months now. Radio silence. (except for "please buy more Wonka")
    I'm guessing the supply chain problem is causing some serious issues.

I don’t think your right about your viewpoint on this.We just saw proof of JJP moving forward,a production line full of Wonka's on their way to be distributed.Next week GnR will take their place

#541 3 years ago

Could be a supply chain problem. Everything is on back order these days thanks to the covid. I'm furnishing a new house and my washer, dryer and sofa have all been on back order for the past 4 months. It's really frustrating.

#542 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Could be a supply chain problem. Everything is on back order these days thanks to the covid. I'm furnishing a new house and my washer, dryer and sofa have all been on back order for the past 4 months. It's really frustrating.

Not to mention your poor clothes must stink quite a bit..! But at least you won't stain your couch by sitting on it.

#543 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think your right about your viewpoint on this.We just saw proof of JJP moving forward,a production line full of Wonka's on their way to be distributed.Next week GnR will take their place

Wonka they can build, because they already have all the special parts needed. They would have scaled up production of those parts in 2018, LOOOOONG before the pandemic caused shipping issues.

The next title, on the other hand, is stuck on the release calendar because they cannot get their parts they need, at the price they need them, in the time frame that they need. That's a supply chain issue.

Can you imagine how much they'd be roasted if they announced another title and then it took another 6 months to ship it? Worse than now, I can tell you that.

They will not release a title until they have all the pieces in place first.

#544 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

stern was able to get parts for there new games.

There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-moving-to-illinois/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.