Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
    jerseysign (resized).jpg
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    JJP sign.jpg
    7A1D77B5-E9FC-4EEA-84E8-D00B85A0A678 (resized).jpeg
    2 29 20a 1850 Greenleaf (resized).jpg
    2 29 20a (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Roscoe 215080943 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg
    8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg
    pj (resized).jpg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    indiana-jones-2048x1024 (resized).jpg
    There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 4 years ago

Jack Hazoff of Toronto Illinois

#452 4 years ago

JJP should be able to poach some quality talent from other pin companies in Illinois......

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I think its a good move for JJP but I have to ask, who gives a flying fuck where they make their pins? Or even more ridiculous is what Jack will call himself.

There is a rumor he is merging with another Jack and is going to reinvent himself...

pj (resized).jpgpj (resized).jpg
    #454 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

There is a rumor he is merging with another Jack and is going to reinvent himself...[quoted image]

Changing names you say ???

2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg2D5411D3-8375-49B3-9356-1D77637C092C.jpeg8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg8F7B96B9-D04B-4A33-BFC1-72B9F9DDD574.jpeg
    #455 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

So right!
    Me in Indiana 2600sqft home$2010 prop tax per year
    My son in Illinois 2500sqft home $5250 per year WTF!

I cut my taxes by 75% just by moving out of illinois. I was paying through the nose there....mostly for a school system I nor anyone in my family would ever use.

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

So right!
    Me in Indiana 2600sqft home$2010 prop tax per year
    My son in Illinois 2500sqft home $5250 per year WTF!

Both of those seem cheap to me. Plenty of people in Illinois paying 3.5-4% of their home's value every year in property tax. This state is crazy!!

#457 4 years ago

Try $8K in LA for 1400 Sq Ft.

Your guys property tax is chump change

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Another case of citizens being overtaxed by their crazy liberal governments!
    Kick em out and vote in more conservative leaders who show some common sense

#459 4 years ago

I was birthed in and am currently typing this message from Illinois, USA. Politics and regionalism aside, the weather here typically sucks (hot/cold, always very humid), but we've got legal cannibis now! That's probably what prompted the move. Also, historically, many great pinball manufacturers (Gottlieb! Williams/Bally!) were once located here. Some still are! Full disclosure: I played Wizard of Oz once.

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I cut my taxes by 75% just by moving out of illinois. I was paying through the nose there....mostly for a school system I nor anyone in my family would ever use.

I agree on the school system tax. Way too much

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

imagine what your taxes would be if we didn't have prop 13 in California....

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

...who gives a flying fuck where they make their pins? Or even more ridiculous is what Jack will call himself.

Like most dumb shit around, you'd be surprised.

#463 4 years ago

All I know is Barry from AP has went with JJP now, and if JJP can keep adding great people like him, the sky will be the limit for JJP.

#464 4 years ago

Southside Johnny and The Asbury Pinballers

#465 4 years ago

Are they moved yet already?

2 months later
    #466 3 years ago

Anyone have an update on the move? Hows it going?

#467 3 years ago
    Quoted from Three60in:

Anyone have an update on the move? Hows it going?

I think elk grove is still in the lock down zone.

#468 3 years ago

Looks like they actually picked a great time to shut down production for the move, if there is such a thing as "great" in all this.

#469 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Looks like they actually picked a great time to shut down production for the move, if there is such a thing as "great" in all this.

Makes transferring equipment from the old factory easier but hiring & training a new workforce must be a nightmare with the uncertainty on reopening timing. On the good side, they may have built some inventory to facilitate the move which is probably selling well given the uptick in stay-at-home entertainment spending

#470 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Makes transferring equipment from the old factory easier but hiring & training a new workforce must be a nightmare with the uncertainty on reopening timing. On the good side, they may have built some inventory to facilitate the move which is probably selling well given the uptick in stay-at-home entertainment spending

I suspect like Stern uses we have 20 plus temp agencies in that area so they could get a fleet of shop assemblers in a day with a single call. Take a bit of time to show each station what to do but suspect they will manage quickly.

#471 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I suspect like Stern uses we have 20 plus temp agencies in that area so they could get a fleet of shop assemblers in a day with a single call. Take a bit of time to show each station what to do but suspect they will manage quickly.

I need a job. Can i stay at your house "in basement of course"?
    I would love to build machines for JJP for a season, even help set up factory. It is kinda what i did before, just on a much larger scale.

#472 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I would love to build machines for JJP for a season, even help set up factory. It is kinda what i did before, just on a much larger scale.

Having paid temp workers I don’t think you would Want that wage. Plus just a guess but while we all love pinball standing at the same station all day putting the same 9 screws in for 9 hours isn’t as fun or rewarding as one might think lol. And you know if your ever in this area our home/arcade is Always open for you!

#473 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

There are 20 plus temp agencies in that area so they could get a fleet of shop assemblers in a day with a single call.

Can I stay at your house? I would love to build machines for JJP for a season.

OLD NEWS: The Mod Couple carries Mod Magic!, expanding their pinball mod business.

#474 3 years ago

Yeah right.... I just saw @yelobirds collection I too want to stay in the basement.

#475 3 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Yeah right.... I just saw @yelobirds collection I too want to stay in the basement.

Maybe we could hang out at Yelobird’s place like the 70’s show.
    That would be fun wouldn’t it?
    What would be nice is if Pat or Joe could gives us all a looksee at the new place.

#476 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Yes it would.

#477 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

What would be nice is if Pat or Joe could gives us all a looksee at the new place.

Anytime my friend. We love visitors of like interest in the hobby and meeting new people. Was just in Evansville (Mt Vernon actually) just a few days ago I could have picked you up! lol

And to the other comment, we have been partnered with Mod Magic and his beautiful creations for some time. A creative talent and great guy so his products are already in our store!

#478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

May be one more reason to wait awhile before buying their next game. New/temp employees where probably one of the reasons for the initial problems with Pirates. Lots of States offer recruitment & training incentives to entice new factories, but not sure about IL and typically doesn't apply to temps.

#479 3 years ago

WAIT ....?????

I live in Illinois -- JJP is coming to Illinois???

SAY IT NOT SO......

Now .....If only Joe would move to Illinois -

Maybe, Just Maybe -- The worlds would collide.

#480 3 years ago

Looking doubtful that JJP will survive the pandemic. They weren't exactly flush with cash before all this began.

#481 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Looking doubtful that JJP will survive the pandemic. They weren't exactly flush with cash before all this began.

Maybe if they are in the DuPage part and that reopens before the Cook part

#482 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Maybe if they are in the DuPage part and that reopens before the Cook part

Huh?

#483 3 years ago

Dupage and cook are counties here in Chicagoland. Elk Grove village is in cook county and that’s where jjp is moving to.

#484 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

This pandemic might have been good for JJP....layoffs, furloughs, reduce overhead, push restart when its over...

#485 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

This pandemic might have been good for JJP....layoffs, furloughs, reduce overhead, push restart when its over...

Don't forget government free money to help with the shutdown losses.

#486 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Dupage and cook are counties here in Chicagoland. Elk Grove village is in cook county and that’s where jjp is moving to.

Elk Grove village is in cook and dupage

#487 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

JJP will survive this pandemic. Lots happening behind the scenes. Just going to take time and be a little slow at start up.
    Big question...Will there be an expo this year?
    If not, that will play into Jacks hand for TPF next year.

#488 3 years ago

JJP will survive this pandemic. Lots happening behind the scenes. Just going to take time and be a little slow at start up.
    Big question...Will there be an expo this year?
    If not, that will play into Jacks hand for TPF next year.

Fingers crossed for Pinball Expo 2020. Just under 5 months out....

#489 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Fingers crossed for Pinball Expo 2020. Just under 5 months out....

Almost zero chance of that. Per the Illinois reopening plan, conventions are only allowed in phase 5, which is defined as "vaccine or highly effective treatment widely available or the elimination of any new cases over a sustained period." At this point the question is, will there be a 2021 Expo?

I am NOT debating the virus, vaccines, treatments, testing, merits of reopening, etc. Just stating the Illinois plan and what it will take for Expo to happen.

#490 3 years ago

Expo 2021 it is!!!! 2020 sucks balls!!

#491 3 years ago

Or hold Expo 2020 in Youngstown, Ohio

Ohio, Open for bidness on May 21, 2020

#492 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Almost zero chance of that. Per the Illinois reopening plan, conventions are only allowed in phase 5, which is defined as "vaccine or highly effective treatment widely available or the elimination of any new cases over a sustained period." At this point the question is, will there be a 2021 Expo?
    I am NOT debating the virus, vaccines, treatments, testing, merits of reopening, etc. Just stating the Illinois plan and what it will take for Expo to happen.

WI is open (for now) or maybe they can move it to the parking lot over in lake if cook is still more locked down.

#493 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I forget who said it when they shut down the TPF,but these shows are like a petry dish for disease.If it was just the breathing thing we coul wear mask,but the touching thing is fucked up.

#494 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I forget who said it when they shut down the TPF,but these shows are like a petry dish for disease.If it was just the breathing thing we coul wear mask,but the touching thing is fucked up.

also likely little to none NON US based people going as well.

#495 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

That would be restricted in Ohio never happen. I'm not even confident Pincinnati will be held and it's in December.

#496 3 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

WAIT ....?????
    I live in Illinois -- JJP is coming to Illinois???
    SAY IT NOT SO......
    Now .....If only Joe would move to Illinois -
    Maybe, Just Maybe -- The worlds would collide.

LOOK at my activity -- Its like I flat lined and just had a heart beat and woke up -- Man I have been busy - That is something that I do not take for granted.

#497 3 years ago

So when might we see the next titlle?

#498 3 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

So when might we see the next titlle?

Has to move plant still and rebuild it. Covid killed the move in. That phase should start in next couple months. Then, I believe they will start with filling orders of existing product first.
    I think its going to be sometime before we see the new game. I'm just guessing, but I'm close.

#499 3 years ago

Has to move plant still and rebuild it. Covid killed the move in. That phase should start in next couple months. Then, I believe they will start with filling orders of existing product first.
    I think its going to be sometime before we see the new game. I'm just guessing, but I'm close.

You don't think they started the move, at all?

#500 3 years ago

Sounds like no new title anytime soon then

There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-moving-to-illinois/page/10?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.