Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I was slogging through some B/W manuals last week, dealing with bad scans, tiny illegible-in-areas print (even in the original schematics) that really made the task suck. Going to the JJP WoZ manual today is like night and day. Having the recent comparison makes it REALLY stand out. The awesome, scalable print and incredibly detailed breakdown of parts and boards is fantastic. JJP is elevating this oft-overlooked, incredibly important detail. Too bad Stern is going the opposite direction.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was slogging through some B/W manuals last week, dealing with bad scans, tiny illegible-in-areas print (even in the original schematics) that really made the task suck. Going to the JJP WoZ manual today is like night and day. Having the recent comparison makes it REALLY stand out. The awesome, scalable print and incredibly detailed breakdown of parts and boards is fantastic. JJP is elevating this oft-overlooked, incredibly important detail. Too bad Stern is going the opposite direction.

At least the newest ones are better. Recently opened Star Wars manual and was amazed compared to where they were with Metallica. That was a real low period...

#3 6 years ago

You are 100% correct. The bits of JJP manuals I have seen are spectacular and certainly "industry best". We are making up manuals at the moment for some of our products and I can assure everyone that it takes a MASSIVE amount of time to prepare manuals as complete and detailed as the JJP ones.

Thumbs up from all of us here at Homepin for JJP.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

At least the newest ones are better. Recently opened Star Wars manual and was amazed compared to where they were with Metallica. That was a real low period...

Haven't seen Star Wars manual, but Aerosmith Premium's was super crappy and basic. Not even in the same universe as the JJP manuals.

#5 6 years ago

I bring up the manual on my iPad and it is fantastic

#6 6 years ago

Butch Peel does an incredible job on these things.

#7 6 years ago

JJP's manuals reflect the same care and attention as was paid to the design and manufacturing of my WOZ 75th anniversary machine (#289). Overall, both are excellent. Too bad that there isn't anything Jack is doing now that attracts my interest. If there were, I would certainly be a buyer but 'The Hobbit', 'Pirates of the Caribbean', and 'Dialed In' just don't appeal to me. But, again, I am really, really glad that I bought the WOZ. Maybe JJP has something new coming up but, in the interim, I am saving up for a MBR (LE if available) from Chicago Gaming. They really did a great job on my AFMR LE (#456) and I feel certain that their next game will be 'top drawer' too.

#8 6 years ago

I agree!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

in the interim, I am saving up for a MBR (LE if available) from Chicago Gaming. They really did a great job on my AFMR LE (#456) and I feel certain that their next game will be 'top drawer' too.

Speaking of which, Chicago Gaming REALLY needs to adjust their ultra-crappy warranty policy. JJP will work with second or even third owners on warranty issues caused by the factory (light boards, etc), but CGC will NOT honor the warranty for even FACTORY issues that can DAMAGE the machines, like the recent AfMr issue with the PIC chip programming that can blow up the board. Aren't the original owner? TOUGH. They're not sending you the updated chip to fix THEIR problem. Even STERN will handle those issues with 2nd or 3rd owners. That attitude NEEDS to change at CGC, especially at the pricing level for CGC machines, which are in the same neighborhood as JJP machines.

JJP warranty and non-warranty support KILLS CGC, hands down.

Added over 6 years ago:

EDIT: Doug at CGC did send me the PIC 2.0 chip directly even though Game Room Guys (the original distributor) would not. Boo on them. Yay for Doug. CGC still needs a better official policy for second owners in situations like the PIC 2.0 chip where the original chip can physically ruin your machine, but props to Doug for taking care of it when his distributor refused to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-makes-the-best-pin-manuals?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.