New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 119230)

JJP Machine #3 release date? All educated guesses welcome!

By dirtbag66

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Does anyone have any idea when we might see this machine released? I understand The Hobbit isn't even out yet and that is why they are holding off on revealing ANYTHING at this point, but here is why I'm asking:

In March of 2017 I will turn 40. Some men ask for cars, an in-ground pool or trips to exotic locales on this monumental day, but not me. I have made it very well known with my wife that I would like a new pinball machine. And I mean BRAND NEW. The Wizard of Oz absolutely blew my mind the first time I saw/played it, but then Jack had to go and hire Pat Lawlor. If he hadn't done that, I would probably be all-in on the WOZ machine (I have no interest in The Hobbit at all as I'm real big on themes of games, and those movies just don't do it for me). Pat Lawlor is a genius and I can honestly say that the wait for details on this machine has been excruciating. So, this is why I need to know if anyone has some insider information on when this game will be hitting the market.

Thanks for reading my rant and hopefully someone can help me out a little.

#2 5 years ago

I'd be surprised if it wasn't out way before 2017. Everyday that goes by means JJP has more overheads to pay and they can't do that without machines for sale. My guess would be very early 2016. Maybe earlier but then they have a real risk of eating into Hobbit sales

All total speculation though.....

#3 5 years ago

Based on what has already happened, in two years

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Based on what has already happened, in two years

Whatever date Jack says it will be released, plus a year or two

#5 5 years ago

You have to allow for the WoZ stuffed with straw LE, and the WOZ rusty tin LE, and the TH gollum LE, and the TH short sword LE

Cannot make a new game until the LE options are fullfiled

#6 5 years ago

I'm less cynical than some

I believe Pat's game will be available for sale this year between August and October. (The original target was supposedly spring).

#7 5 years ago

And OP - I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.

If Pat's game doesn't do it for me, I'm probably going to get a WOZ.

#8 5 years ago

Expo which is my same guess for Aliens

#9 5 years ago

Jack has recently said JJP will be shipping three different pins in 2015. At least that's his goal...

#10 5 years ago

I think Jack will reveal it at ReplayFX at the end of July. Huge venue with the PAPA community there. Doubtful he'll wait until October for Expo, IMHO.

#11 5 years ago

Not a chance before 2016.

#12 5 years ago

I'm thinking we will see the game sometime this summer. Not sure at what show though, Jack has been known to do crazy things.

#13 5 years ago

I'm guessing late 2015

#14 5 years ago

I think they will reveal a prototype at best by the end of 2015. No way it will be available for purchase by then.

#15 5 years ago

I see no reason he would compete against himself by having it too close to the hobbit. Mid 2016 is my guess...

#16 5 years ago

No earlier than Q2 2016

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'm thinking we will see the game sometime this summer. Not sure at what show though, Jack has been known to do crazy things.

Did I say ReplayFX? Silly me. I forgot about The Gabe Effect. I predict Jack will show the new machine at Pintastic New England. Bank on it. The dude's got his name on my WOZ, so it's gotta be true.

#18 5 years ago

I'm still wondering what price the game will start at? WOZ started at $6500, then went up to $7500, then to $8k for a standard and now $9k for a Ruby Red. TH started out at $7500, then went to $8k for a standard and now $9k for a Smaug SE. Pat's came may very well start at $8k-$8.5k...

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Jack has recently said

Seriously?? After all this time. How can you post that. Jack has said a lot of stuff. And yet...

Regardless I bet we will see it at expo. Who knows maybe XXXX wont be involved with them and I will consider it.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Jack has recently said JJP will be shipping three different pins in 2015. At least that's his goal...

I'm assuming if he said that his total included WOZ. So: WOZ, Hobbit, Pat . . . that seems doable I guess if they get moving on Hobbit.

#21 5 years ago

"Jack has recently said JJP will be shipping three different pins in 2015. At least that's his goal..."

How many different games can they actually have on the assembly line at once. I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know how this works? Could they actually have 2 pins or even all 3 being built at the same time in their factory or would they have to rotate which pins are being built?

Oh to get back to the thread, my guess is Pat's game won't be released until 2016, I'd be shocked (pleasantly, I believe) if it's built and shipped anytime this year.

#22 5 years ago

I hope your wife is willing to make a big deal out of your 43rd birthday.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

You have to allow for the WoZ stuffed with straw LE, and the WOZ rusty tin LE, and the TH gollum LE, and the TH short sword LE
Cannot make a new game until the LE options are fullfiled

In other words, after JJP is done running the unlimited editions of the limited editions. ............I just had to say it.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did I say ReplayFX? Silly me. I forgot about The Gabe Effect. I predict Jack will show the new machine at Pintastic New England. Bank on it. The dude's got his name on my WOZ, so it's gotta be true.

Crazier things have happened!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm still wondering what price the game will start at? WOZ started at $6500, then went up to $7500, then to $8k for a standard and now $9k for a Ruby Red. TH started out at $7500, then went to $8k for a standard and now $9k for a Smaug SE. Pat's came may very well start at $8k-$8.5k...

You're absolutely correct, Panzer. But you missed one crucial detail: There will be (supposedly) no preorder model on Pat's game. So the price should be what it is, like Stern does. I predict the price will be 9k out of the gate when the machine is announced and orders are taken for manufacture.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're absolutely correct, Panzer. But you missed one crucial detail: There will be (supposedly) no preorder model on Pat's game. So the price should be what it is, like Stern does. I predict the price will be 9k out of the gate when the machine is announced and orders are taken for manufacture.

My prediction $9k to buy the game.

If you bought a WOZ or a Hobbit $8,500

If you bought a WOZ and a Hobbit $8k

How cool would that be?

#27 5 years ago

Yeah. That would be cool. But free RadCals for people who preordered TH would be cool, too...and that ain't gonna happen either.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I predict the price will be 9k out of the gate when the machine is announced and orders are taken for manufacture.

could be right.

9000$= 11,270 in CAD$

11270+12% taxes= 12,622 CAD$

12,622+ 500 delivery= 13,122CAD$

i don't care if jjp#3 is the second coming of christ, no way am i spending that kind of coin for one machine, and i am far from cheap.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i don't care if jjp#3 is the second coming of christ, no way am i spending that kind of coin for one machine, and i am far from cheap.

This is my worry too...I really wanted the new Lawlor game almost sight unseen, but it's sure getting expensive for us up here!

#30 5 years ago

I'd guess they release the title in the next couple of months but we won't see the game for another year or so. I'm expecting $8,500 is the opening bid.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Seriously?? After all this time. How can you post that. Jack has said a lot of stuff. And yet...

I'm just reporting what Jack has said. That's all.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from zero:

This is my worry too...I really wanted the new Lawlor game almost sight unseen, but it's sure getting expensive for us up here!

I have seen similar statements about Europe, as well as Australia. And I know I feel the same way as well. We are seeing wages get frozen in our Canadian economy, so price increases are unwarranted if inflation is not taking place elsewhere. I hope to see a small price correction. It seems inevitable. Fingers crossed anyhow...

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

could be right.
9000$= 11,270 in CAD$
11270+12% taxes= 12,622 CAD$
12,622+ 500 delivery= 13,122CAD$

I'd blame your shitty Canadian dollar before getting upset at the US JJP prices.

#34 5 years ago

15K for O/S buyers, wait & see

#35 5 years ago

2 to 3 years after the Hobbit releases. Anything other than that is bullshit. Anyone using "Jack said" at this point should be perm ban from this site in my eyes.

#36 5 years ago

2017 ,After gold edition woz, limited chrome edition,
collector series, Hobbit signature series,

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'd guess they release the title in the next couple of months but we won't see the game for another year or so. I'm expecting $8,500 is the opening bid.

$8500 is too high. It is business suicide. How many people are willing to pay that much for a pinball machine?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd blame your shitty Canadian dollar before getting upset at the US JJP prices.

jjp isn't exactly an angel in the pricing his machines but you make a valid point i am not upset in the least, my money gladly goes in a different direction.

jjp might be upset when his export market shrivels up though...

#39 5 years ago

Easy one. 4th quarter 2015.
There are 2 teams working on titles now and this one has been under development for some time.
Flipping whitewood has been going on for 6+ months now.
No preorders. Product one and done.

#40 5 years ago

Any leaked info about the whitewood?

Throw me a bone, I'm dying here!!!

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Not a chance before 2016.

I also agree with this. Can't wait to see it though!

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Any leaked info about the whitewood?
Throw me a bone, I'm dying here!!!

It has an upper flipper.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It has an upper flipper.

Well duh And one side has two inlanes likely.

#44 5 years ago

No pre orders? Yeah right !

#45 5 years ago

what if... just saying IF.... it's like pinball2k?
See the similarities. years developing a new platform. both introduced a video screen. they release a semi popular first title and then a licensed second effort. Pat Lawlor was 75% done with wizard blocks when the plug was pulled.
What if the JJP plug is pulled before #3 comes out and Pat Lawlor is left holding the bag again?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

See the similarities. years developing a new platform. both introduced a video screen. they release a semi popular first title and then a licensed second effort. Pat Lawlor was 75% done with Wizard Blocks when the plug was pulled.
What if the JJP plug is pulled before #3 comes out and Pat Lawlor is left holding the bag again?

Dan, do you still work for Nic?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

See the similarities. years developing a new platform. both introduced a video screen. they release a semi popular first title and then a licensed second effort. Pat Lawlor was 75% done with Wizard Blocks when the plug was pulled.

If pat had a finished pin and JJP was no more pat *could* take it to stern. Not saying he ever would but who knows.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There are 2 teams working on titles now and this one has been under development for some time.

Spoken for the truth right there.

2015 is the year that JJP locks it in and becomes solidified as a great pinball maker.

That said, like DC says, $8500? No F ing way them or Stern will be able to keep ramping up price like this. They are WAY overestimating this market if they think 8-9K for a NIB pin will be the norm.

Especially with the overseas market in the toilet on top of rising prices, with the Dollar rising against every other currency in the world!

#49 5 years ago

Hmmmm, so Pat is "one and done" Mnpinball? If so, that's depressing.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'll believe that when I see it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside