(Topic ID: 171558)

JJP just put out the most professional looking trailer for a pin (TH)

By PanzerFreak

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jamaster10
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0130 (resized).JPG
image (resized).png
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I just heard about this trailer in the latest JJP newsletter. I've never seen a more professional and higher quality trailer for a pinball machine before. Well done JJP.

This is great marketing and damn they even got a "movie voice" guy, lol. Hopefully they do this for their other pins.

#2 7 years ago

That is the type of video trailer they needed for the launch of "Dialed In" at Expo.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

That is they type of video trailer they needed for the launch of "Dialed In" at Expo.

Absolutely. That would have been great to have had a trailer ready and then right afterwards have Pat take the cover off the games.

#4 7 years ago

That's the best pinball video promo I've ever seen. It definitely is a missed opportunity that Dialed In didn't have something like that ready for Expo.

#5 7 years ago

Dim the lights, a little bit of theatrical fog, the video, and then pull off the cover of dialed in.
An easy extra 100 sales.
...great video. Now that is marketing.

#6 7 years ago

Wow awesome video!

3 years too late though just like th was...

#7 7 years ago

Three years yes except they want to sell Black Arrows

#8 7 years ago

If sales were good they wouldn't have to make a video or black arrow edition. Guess they will try anything to boost sales....

#9 7 years ago

Also I love the voice over about the modes that includes "attract mode" he he he

#10 7 years ago

I'm sure selling more Hobbits will help fill production line time until Dialed In is ready to go, especially since they have an auxiliary line setup to run WOZ

#11 7 years ago

That is a masterpiece.

#12 7 years ago

Very nice.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's the best pinball video promo I've ever seen. It definitely is a missed opportunity that Dialed In didn't have something like that ready for Expo.

Totally agree. He needs to make this a standard thing. Video before release. The video is awesome. Makes me want to go home and play TH.

#15 7 years ago

Bad ass game fellas - bad ass!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just heard about this trailer in the latest JJP newsletter. I've never seen a more professional and higher quality trailer for a pinball machine before. Well done JJP.
This is great marketing and damn they even got a "movie voice" guy, lol. Hopefully they do this for their other pins.
» YouTube video

Fantastic video but being that it is on JJP youtube pg I don't see it bringing in new buyers

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Fantastic video but being that it is on JJP youtube pg I don't see it bringing in new buyers

I'll bet it will be embedded in their public facing web sites - facebook, etc to get to potential pinball customers.

#18 7 years ago

Good effort. Love stuff like this

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

they really need one for Dialed In.
They did that TH video with very little budget and it looks great. Why TH and not Dialed In? I'm not sure i understand the marketing over there.

#20 7 years ago

Did anyone notice that a final wizard mode is not mentioned? I hope that does not indicate that plans have changed.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

If sales were good they wouldn't have to make a video or black arrow edition. Guess they will try anything to boost sales....

Debbie Downer, or perhaps, Bob Bummer

#22 7 years ago

I am going to wait for the 8k price tag! But love the vid!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Did anyone notice that a final wizard mode is not mentioned? I hope that does not indicate that plans have changed.

Yeah I notice that too. "Three epic wizard modes" is what was said on the video.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

they really need one for Dialed In.
They did that TH video with very little budget and it looks great. Why TH and not Dialed In? I'm not sure i understand the marketing over there.

It's probably because they are building and selling Hobbit's right now and Dialed In is at least 6-9 months from shipping in quantity. They need to keep the factory busy until then. $250 refundable deposits on Dialed In aren't going to be enough.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Wow awesome video!
3 years too late though just like th was...

Might as well keep selling games with the amount of work the JJP team put in it. Excellent code support just keeps making The Hobbit better and better.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I don't think it was mentioned since its not in the game yet. I've heard a final wizard mode, a super wizard mode, is still coming to the game.

#27 7 years ago

Does anyone actually think Keith won't have a final hard as hell wizard mode?

I don't necessarily have a cut off date in mind with Hobbit code. He continues to make enhancements and improvement on the platform for years (and at a good steady clip). So if he wants to keep improving the game (like WOZ) keep on going.

#28 7 years ago

I no longer question Keith. He's the man.

#29 7 years ago

Awesome video! really professional. One complaint. Who plunges like that guy? lol.

#30 7 years ago

You guys don't get out much do you?

I always thought this one was very professional and it was 20 years ago.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Also I love the voice over about the modes that includes "attract mode" he he he

And "scoring", always a good thing in a pinball machine.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from azpinguy:

Awesome video! really professional. One complaint. Who plunges like that guy? lol.

A paid actor?

#33 7 years ago

WTF? Are all the clocks broken and calenders hung upside down at JJP??? Hobbit vid now? As opposed to say...oh, I don't know WHEN THE HOBBIT WAS ANNOUNCED??? At this point it's just silly.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from paintpins:

WTF? Are all the clocks broken and calenders hung upside down at JJP??? Hobbit vid now? As opposed to say...oh, I don't know WHEN THE HOBBIT WAS ANNOUNCED??? At this point it's just silly.

Old news for pinsiders - yeah maybe. But didn't they just start shipping earlier this year? Many people that aren't pinsider's may have no idea that this pin even exists at all.

#35 7 years ago

They want to sell Hobbits. Cool video meant to promote Hobbit is released while preorder games are finishing and Black Arrow games, for which there can be no preorders other than any since Expo, are preparing to hit the line. Dialed In, while getting more attention from potential customers at the moment, is still months from the production line.
Huh. You're right, it makes no sense.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from paintpins:

It kind of makes sense as all of the Hobbits to this point were pre sold LE's that were sold out to owners and distributors long ago. Aren't the last of the preorders finally being delivered this month? Now they are finally able to accept new orders which is why you are seeing advertising.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Never underestimate the power of brand salience and its influence on a consumer purchasing decision. This video is as much about the JJP brand as it is about the machine itself.

And it couldn't have appeared at a more opportune time immediately after the expo to appeal to the broader consumer.

Good strategic marketing move from JJP.

#38 7 years ago

Guys, there's more to pinball than Pinside. Believe it or not, there are people out there who are an audience for this game that don't know it exists, or have heard about it or seen it but don't know anything else about it. Casuals.

The trailer we did for Alien for instance was aimed more towards this audience here at Pinside, or hardcore players, gameplay focused, not a lot of explanations. No narrator! This is smartly packaged for a wider audience, it's like a full on movie trailer, it breaks it all down. I presume they have a PR campaign designed to disseminate it. LOTR fansites or something, I dunno, they've done market research I'm sure.

And the timing isn't that strange for a mass market play. Non-pinheads don't want to pre-order shit. You need to wait until you have the pre-orders shipped, and you're able to stock inventory, or keep your distributors in inventory at least. People want to buy it and have it shipped.

Or maybe it's just late, I dunno! But I'm just saying, it's not a bad time to make that play.

#39 7 years ago

That promo was beyond anything I have seen in pinball ever. This is the new benchmark on how to do a video. Goosebumps!

#40 7 years ago

It's a very good trailer oh yes it is.
They went to a production company to get it and it probably cost a fortune to produce. Investing in advertising is always a smart play.
I don't see the trailer at sites or blogs or youtube. I just saw when I got JJP's email. Or they have a media plan that will start soon or they should get one. Just the trailer isn't enough, you need that people be able to see it (not pinsiders).

#41 7 years ago

Full agree to Aurich: The target of the commercial isn´t the usual pinball player, it´s for the none playing masses.

Just think, this nationwide at primetime. Extreme expensive, but that would be a massive increase of TH orders.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Old news for pinsiders - yeah maybe. But didn't they just start shipping earlier this year? Many people that aren't pinsider's may have no idea that this pin even exists at all.

Do you really think non pinheads are going to pay JJP prices

#43 7 years ago

Awesome, thanks for posting. Showed it to my wife, need her buy in also need to make room.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Why not? Probably plenty of rich people out there that aren't pinheads. I've seen machines sell for stupid prices on ebay. I doubt that a pinhead paid $7500 for the STTNG that sold on ebay:

ebay.com link: STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION PINBALL MACHINE SUPERB LED amp NEW DMD DISPLAY

#45 7 years ago

When I saw Jack speak recently, he said he doesn't go out to promote games much because they are always months behind, fulfilling pre-orders, so why go out and drum up new sales when there is 6-12 month wait.

Hobbit is almost caught up, NOW is the time you start pushing it. So I don't have a problem with a video like this being released now. I just wish Dialed In also had an industry reveal video.

#46 7 years ago

Absolutely. JJP prices are much more likely to be paid by non pinside folks. We used to have people select a new Stern title for their game room for no better reason than it fit the theme of the room or matched the color of the pool table felt. I'm thinking of Sharkey's here but the principle absolutely applies.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

i think that you would be really shocked to know how many "non pinheads" own Wizard of Oz or The Hobbit. especially Wizard of Oz, this game just appeals to a much, much larger audience than pinball players. I currently have two different clients that are only into pinball now because they saw a Wizard of Oz and loved the art, light show, and style of the game. I would be willing to make a strong suggestion that more Wizard of Oz pinballs are owned by people that never heard of pinside than you think.

#48 7 years ago

Too late?
You never know.
This video might boost JJP sales for all those new potential owners who were NOT around 3 years ago.
More than people realize.
JJP needs to jumpstart his sales into the holiday season, while he prepares to produce DI down the road.
I do wish the best of fortune.
He probably should do one for WoZ as well since the game is solid now.
Might also have great results.
Otherwise he may start to regress in terms of desired income to meet required production costs and maintaining the company.
He needs the profit, unless people continue to do more of the pre order DI "midnight madness".

Still not sure how many versions there are of TH now.
4? 5?
Standard, LE, "Rad Decal" LE, Smaug, Black Arrow?
I am still having a problem understanding some of the differences if any, other than artwork, trim, a piece of glass, the dragon color, and price.
Any JJP fanboys want to illuminanti this confused old collector without me going through an entire spreadsheet?

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i think that you would be really shocked to know how many "non pinheads" own Wizard of Oz or The Hobbit. especially Wizard of Oz, this game just appeals to a much, much larger audience than pinball players. I currently have two different clients that are only into pinball now because they saw a Wizard of Oz and loved the art, light show, and style of the game. I would be willing to make a strong suggestion that more Wizard of Oz pinballs are owned by people that never heard of pinside than you think.

Agreed, WOZ is a phenomenal theme which transcends pinball.

Anyone with children or a sense of nostalgia is immediately attracted to the game.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Absolutely - I was a non pinhead 2 years ago until I saw WOZ and went to buy it, and saw what I though would be better for me - the hobbit - and bought that.

EDIT: And I am very glad I did get the Hobbit. The pin is so great now I am going to circle around and get that WOZ I wanted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-just-put-out-the-most-professional-trailer-for-a-pin-th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.