(Topic ID: 77100)

JJP: Jack Speaks **Updated to include equity partnership** (1/15/14)

By MrDo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CHARLIE.jpg
idiots.jpg
dan-aykroyd-and-tommy-boy-gallery.jpg
3821.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago

Why did Monster Bashes end up with crappy decals? Because shit happens. I'm not sure trying to dissect the day to day operations of a company is really going to end up helpful.

The question is are people going to get the games they were promised, and is this decal nonsense just noise or are people who thought they were getting screened cabs going to end up with something they didn't want?

Alex was kind of clarifying the decal business, but then the trolls managed to get his goat and he's gone for a week, so I guess we'll just have to guess or hope it gets answered somewhere else and trickles back here.

I don't have a WOZ on order, I only care because I want to know how the company is taking care of people. Maybe I'll want a Hobbit.

#44 10 years ago

I'm not trying to troll, I'm serious, who are these ops who are re-decaling their cabs to keep them all nice? Because man, they sure don't route any games near me.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think it is the op that makes money on the game for a year or two and then sells the game that wants the decals. They can sell the game with new decals and the wear and tear is less noticeable for the buyer.

I guess? Honestly re-decaling is usually a money losing venture, in terms of money spent (not to mention time) vs increase in value. Unless the game is just TRASHED and no one will take it otherwise. I seriously doubt any clear coated WOZ cab was ending up like that. I dunno, not trying to play conspiracy theorist here, it just doesn't make sense to me that there's actually real demand for this.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Who is the Charlie and what pinball company is he starting?

Presumably Charlie at Spooky.

Edit: Too slow

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

On the woz forum Alex said that he and Lloyd and Keith won't be doing any further JJP support/posting on Pinside, so you will not be getting that info here.

Well that sure sucks for us and makes Pinside a poorer place. I hope the people who drove them off are happy I guess, then at least someone will come out of this ahead, until they miss their sport.

And no, Alex was not a saint, and brought shit down upon his own head. But JJP pulling up from Pinside can hardly be seen as any kind of win except for the trolls.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Who said he was the only ban? Robin commented earlier that there have been many in the last couple days.

He was talking about ban votes, not bans. Takes multiple votes (from the mods) to actually ban someone.

Quoted from Borygard:

It's really pretty simple. Current cabinet supplier can't keep up to keep games going out the door. In order to keep games shipping a new cabinet supplier is contracted. The new supplier can't do direct printing, their process is decals.

To keep production moving, both cabinet makers will be supplying cabinets.

Imagine the stink if Pinside had been around like this during the Monster Bash run!

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it was way before monster bash that we have seen shitty decal work.

Yeah, but it started with screened cabs and then the strike and the switch to decals, so it seemed analogous.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Still a cool game regardless what's on the side of it and how applied.

Truth. I had a shot at a pretty good deal on one but couldn't pull the cash together or I'd own it.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Makes me wonder how much of this (if any) is part of Jack's exit strategy.

None of it? FFS, you think all this time and work was just to try and bail? There are easier ways to try and parachute out, believe me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-jack-speaks?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.