(Topic ID: 77100)

JJP: Jack Speaks **Updated to include equity partnership** (1/15/14)

By MrDo

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PEN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CHARLIE.jpg
idiots.jpg
dan-aykroyd-and-tommy-boy-gallery.jpg
3821.jpg

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

Trying to keep the info in one thread. Looks like there will be further communication in the next few days.

Courtesy of the WOZ owners group (1/13/14).

Jack Speaks:

"We would expect to see every remaining LE game out of here in 90 days "ish" as we are told to say.

We are waiting on LE cabinets as our supplier was caught with bad weather in December and the holidays mid-week and he is on vacation this week - get everything made in America allright....by the way China is closed too for a month so who knows with that.

We did finally receive our WOZ cabinets from another industry supplier and because of popular demand they have beautiful digitally printed decals which is what we wanted originally. Too many people had banged up cabinets (operators) and demanded decal cabinets as we originally said all WOZ games would have.

We sent some people home today (6) for a few days as we have some temps in training. We must have pissed someone off as they posted some stuff on that other site.

We are building and shipping games. We have visitors here every day and we hope to do a decent news release tomorrow or Weds.

Also - the few games with the restart problem - we expect to have that easy fix ASAP as well. Thanks!!"

#2 5 years ago

Email from 1/15/14

--------------------
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. Enters Into An Equity Partnership With The Investment Banking Arm Of JDA

Lakewood, New Jersey - January 15, 2014 - Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc., the industry leading designer and manufacturer of premium, no-compromise pinball machines announces that they have entered into an equity partnership with the investment arm of JDA.

The founding group of JDA has a proven track record of success and generated over $40 million dollars for their shareholders in their last transaction.

This partnership will now enable Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. to have the resources to fund multiple game platforms, expand into related technologies and markets, and to provide a catalyst for growth. It further provides Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. with deeper management and financial resources.

"We are very excited to combine the strengths of these two dynamic organizations. The expanded talent, experience and financial strength that this brings will enhance the future products we are able to build and add to the enjoyment of our player base." said Jack Guarnieri, Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. Founder.

The principals at JDA are true pinball enthusiasts as well and personally own over 40 pinball machines including Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. world renowned The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine.

About Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. was founded in 2011 with a passion to build premium, no-compromise pinball machines. Games built with passion and games that are fun to play which will become treasured for years to come. The first game that Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. is building is The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine. The game is now in full production with more than 700 games shipped as of December 2013. More games are popping up in commercial locations and in home game rooms all around the world. The company is in development of The Hobbit Pinball machine which will ship late in 2014.

About JDA
JDA is a private holding company developed for the purpose of transitional holdings of interest, incubation and performance of advisory services associated to the business interests of its shareholders. The shareholders of JDA have companies in the technology space including servicing the blind and developing critical mass computer applications, holdings of over $10 million in real estate, interests in gold and silver mining, a world class training facility for gymnastics and all star cheer, and consulting services that tailor to the telecom, data and technology sectors.

#3 5 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-jjp-have-the-credibilty-left-to-take-pre-payment-for-3/page/5

Before someone rudely points it out, I'll gently say that this was posted 8 hours ago.

#4 5 years ago

Understood, but it was buried in several locations. I'm trying to keep the announcement(s) easy to locate. Not everyone reads to page 7+ on WOZ delivery threads.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Not everyone reads to page 7+ on WOZ delivery threads.

LOL

#7 5 years ago

Few games with a restart problem. yikes sounds serious O_O

#8 5 years ago

I want to see you comment on Jack's letter... before everyone else does so you can't just pile on with the herd.

#9 5 years ago

Does this mean that The Hobbit LE will have decals?

#10 5 years ago

Why is he not addressing the dozens of owners with serious LED board problems??

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

We sent some people home today (6) for a few days as we have some temps in training. We must have pissed someone off as they posted some stuff on that other site.

I don't think anyone would be thrilled at being sent home and have no income for the next week or 2.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't think anyone would be thrilled at being sent home and have no income for the next week or 2.

Alas, that is how line work goes. You work when things need to be built. You work overtime when things REALLY need to be built. When things don't need to be built, you aren't sitting there in the break room twiddling your thumbs and collecting a paycheck. It's just how it is in manufacturing.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Alas, that is how line work goes. You work when things need to be built. You work overtime when things REALLY need to be built. When things don't need to be built, you aren't sitting there in the break room twiddling your thumbs and collecting a paycheck. It's just how it is in manufacturing.

And all that for $9/hr :/

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And all that for $9/hr :/

Could be worse. You could be a line worker building iPads in a Chinese sweat shop for $1.85/hour.

#15 5 years ago

LMAO....wait...let me get this right... they're claiming someone was complaining because the cabinets *were not* decals, but screened? I'm so confused. I thought all the LE cabinets were clearcoated and that was supposed to help with the durability of the art. So since they're using decals, are they clearcoating them still or not? How are decals any less prone to damage than screened/direct printed art!?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

LMAO....wait...let me get this right... they're claiming someone was complaining because the cabinets *were not* decals, but screened? I'm so confused. I thought all the LE cabinets were clearcoated and that was supposed to help with the durability of the art. So since they're using decals, are they clearcoating them still or not? How are decals any less prone to damage than screened/direct printed art!?

All LE's are direct printed and clear coated. Sounds like new standards going forward are going to use decals. Jack said that the decals method actually cost more.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

How are decals any less prone to damage than screened/direct printed art!?

They're not... but they can be more easily replaced when damage does occur.

#18 5 years ago

When did they get a raise?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All LE's are direct printed and clear coated. Sounds like new standards going forward are going to use decals. Jack said that the decals method actually cost more.

Find that hard to believe, especially in volume.

WOZ was built without a calculator and doubt that will happen again as cash flow will probably be tighter going forward.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does this mean that The Hobbit LE will have decals?

Jack already said that the LE Hobbit will have screened cabinets.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Jack already said that the LE Hobbit will have screened cabinets.

The name's Zalinsky. I make pinball parts for the American workingman. That's what I am. That's who I care about.

3821.jpgdan-aykroyd-and-tommy-boy-gallery.jpg

#22 5 years ago

I find it interesting if you start breaking down the "presser" JJP sent out, it raises a few questions. Sorry, I'm bored at work. Please don't get all lathered up about my post. It just seems there are some, well, inconsistencies. At least I see them to be. I'm not trying to pick on JJP, rather just want honest answers. I need to know they are doing ok before I dive in on TH:

Quoted from MrDo:

"We would expect to see every remaining LE game out of here in 90 days "ish" as we are told to say.
We are waiting on LE cabinets as our supplier was caught with bad weather in December and the holidays mid-week and he is on vacation this week

So I'm confused. Didn't we see rows and rows of cabinets for the LE"s way back when? Even if that wasn't all of them, I'm scratching my head as to how they got caught with their pants down by running out of cabinets. Wasn't there a known fixed number of LE's. It's not like he got slammed by a big order, he knew how many he had to make. If production is clipping along at a somewhat typical pace, and he doesn't want to store too many raw cabinets, wouldn't there be a typical set delivery of "x" amount of new cabs from the supplier each month. Shipping has ground to a halt long before the terrible weather swept through the country. So in theory, there should be a backlog of empty cabinets at the production facility and or a back log at the cab manufacturer that couldn't ship because of weather. Either way, I cant imaging a large contract like JJP's represents to a woodworking shop would just say, "Sorry JJP, I know your entire manufacturing process depends on me and I'm weeks behind because of weather but I'm on VACA baby." It's hard to believe JJP doesn't have a contract of fulfillment from the cabinet manufacturer.

Quoted from MrDo:

- get everything made in America allright....by the way China is closed too for a month so who knows with that.

That's a curious statement. Is he alluding to possible future delays on parts sourced for WOZ in China?

Quoted from MrDo:

We did finally receive our WOZ cabinets from another industry supplier.

Why can't they supply the LE's? Are they not setup to do the digital art process and clear coating. That seems like a logical reason to me. It seems odd to state your LE cabs are delayed and in the same breath say you have a new standard supplier with out addressing why you don't switch the LE's supplier too.

Quoted from MrDo:

We sent some people home today (6) for a few days as we have some temps in training.

Again a weirdly worded statement. Are the 6 people the temps? Are the temps taking the place of the 6? Wouldn't the 6 train the temps? Couple that with the statement below that they are building games, why then send 6 production workers home?

Quoted from MrDo:

We are building and shipping games. .

Which games are they building and shipping? The LE's they don't have cabinets for or the standards they just got cabinets in for?

Either way, in the end it sounds like standards will continue to be built regularly throughout this snafu. What wasn't addressed was if all standards are decals; even the ones that have been bought/preordered.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

The name's Zalinsky. I make pinball parts for the American workingman. That's what I am. That's who I care about.

Hilarious!

Quoted from Skins:

It just seems there are some, well, inconsistencies. At least I see them to be. I'm not trying to pick on JJP,

It's not your fault. But a few here will try to discredit you rather than see that the pieces don't connect...

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Why can't they supply the LE's? Are they not setup to do the digital art process and clear coating. That seems like a logical reason to me. It seems odd to state your LE cabs are delayed and in the same breath say you have a new standard supplier with out addressing why you don't switch the LE's supplier too.

Having more than one supplier means it's less likely you see supply chain issues. Say you have two suppliers and one gets caught in bad weather, you still have another supplier sending you cabinets. Next week, the one that's sending you cabinets could have a manufacturing machine break down with a week to get new parts. Now that first supplier is sending you LE cabinets, so you can start building them.

So LEs won't get made, but diversifying their suppliers means that they can still keep shipping machines even if they weren't the ones Jack planned on.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Hilarious!

It's not your fault. But a few here will try to discredit you rather than see that the pieces don't connect...

Why do you care so much about what JJP is doing? You don't even seem to have any desire in owning any 21st century games (from JJP, Stern et al.).

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why do you care so much about what JJP is doing?

Maybe this...

idiots.jpg
#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So I'm confused. Didn't we see rows and rows of cabinets for the LE"s way back when? Even if that wasn't all of them, I'm scratching my head as to how they got caught with their pants down by running out of cabinets. Wasn't there a known fixed number of LE's. It's not like he got slammed by a big order, he knew how many he had to make.

Many of those cabinets were used for Standards. Now whether those Standards were ordered before LEs or after - I'll leave that for the conspiracy theorists....

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

Having more than one supplier means it's less likely you see supply chain issues. Say you have two suppliers and one gets caught in bad weather, you still have another supplier sending you cabinets. Next week, the one that's sending you cabinets could have a manufacturing machine break down with a week to get new parts. Now that first supplier is sending you LE cabinets, so you can start building them.
So LEs won't get made, but diversifying their suppliers means that they can still keep shipping machines even if they weren't the ones Jack planned on.

I appreciate the reply but really what you said has nothing to do with my question you quoted. In fact my question is exactly what you are suggesting. Why cant this "new" cab maker make the LE's to give JJP an alternative to a supplier that basically said, bump it, I'm on vacation. My guess is they can't handle the printing/clear coating process the ecle requires. Either way, JJP should have addressed why this new supplier wasn't able to do the LE versions.
The issue is for every answer, it creates another question. In my experience, that means the person doesn't know or isn't being forthcoming. I hoping its the former.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Many of those cabinets were used for Standards. Now whether those Standards were ordered before LEs or after - I'll leave that for the conspiracy theorists....

Very true. We are though dealing with know quantities. 1000 ECLE's and 1,000/1,500 (drawing a blank on the numbered standards quantity) standards. Those were to be made before any other standards are to be made. We know two things. One, all ECLE's haven't shipped and all the numbered standards haven't shipped either. The question that begs to be answered is WHAT standards are being made with the new cabs. The numbered ones or plain old standards. I think its easy to start drilling down from there what is going on.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

Not quite how it works in big business. We are not talking about hiring your friends buddy down the road to build your deck out back. Under these conditions contracts are signed, to build x amount of units under x standards over x time frame. Ussually the commitments have to be met and when they are not there are penalties. It has to be this way when you on a scale this big.

So your not just makeing a phone call for x amount of cabinets, then a week later when these guys dont produce your calling the other guys across the road.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I appreciate the reply but really what you said has nothing to do with my question you quoted. In fact my question is exactly what you are suggesting. Why cant this "new" cab maker make the LE's to give JJP an alternative to a supplier that basically said, bump it, I'm on vacation. My guess is they can't handle the printing/clear coating process the ecle requires. Either way, JJP should have addressed why this new supplier wasn't able to do the LE versions.
The issue is for every answer, it creates another question. In my experience, that means the person doesn't know or isn't being forthcoming. I hoping its the former.

It took the existing cabinet manufacturer months to perfect the printing/clearing process. There's no way in hell Jack found someone else to do this same process overnight. Why do you think decals are now being used.

#32 5 years ago

i thought all cabinets were the same cleared art with different armor?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It took the existing cabinet manufacturer months to perfect the printing/clearing process. There's no way in hell Jack found someone else to do this same process overnight. Why do you think decals are now being used.

Agreed. That's why I said:

Quoted from Skins:My guess is they can't handle the printing/clear coating process the ecle requires.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why do you care so much about what JJP is doing? You don't even seem to have any desire in owning any 21st century games (from JJP, Stern et al.).

Some folks just get a kick out of stirring things up.

#35 5 years ago

Why did Monster Bashes end up with crappy decals? Because shit happens. I'm not sure trying to dissect the day to day operations of a company is really going to end up helpful.

The question is are people going to get the games they were promised, and is this decal nonsense just noise or are people who thought they were getting screened cabs going to end up with something they didn't want?

Alex was kind of clarifying the decal business, but then the trolls managed to get his goat and he's gone for a week, so I guess we'll just have to guess or hope it gets answered somewhere else and trickles back here.

I don't have a WOZ on order, I only care because I want to know how the company is taking care of people. Maybe I'll want a Hobbit.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks for attacking me, again… I guess you've missed all the posts about ST gameplay after I got the LE a couple of weeks ago.

Try again.

Hilarious… I make a thread to combine whatever Jack says about the "State of JJP" into one easy to find thread and you attack ME?!?

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Thanks for attacking me, again… I guess you've missed all the posts about ST gameplay after I got the LE a couple of weeks ago.
Try again.
Hilarious… I make a thread to combine whatever Jack says about the "State of JJP" into one easy to find thread and you attack ME?!?

Why not update your list of games then?

#38 5 years ago

No ... More ... Preorders. I can't believe all this , ruby editions, ultra ultra LEs, decals vs printed, clear coated or not . I just wanted to buy WoZ and I should have waited until I could actually pick an existing one out.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Could be worse. You could be a line worker building iPads in a Chinese sweat shop for $1.85/hour.

That's what we're shooting for? A race to the bottom?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

No ... More ... Preorders. I can't believe all this , ruby editions, ultra ultra LEs, decals vs printed, clear coated or not . I just wanted to buy WoZ and I should have waited until I could actually pick an existing one out.

I agree 100%! This is all unbelievable. This has really become a hard thing in my home at this point. My wife and 2 girls wanted this pin more than i did and now i have said in the last few weeks i was ready to just sell our spot. They all want to wait it out.........Since October the only time i ever looked for an update i was thinking any day they will start on June (2011) orders.Then all the talk about lots of game going out around the Dec party and now all this wtf.....

#41 5 years ago

The only thing this thread did was pull all the main trolls from the other thread over here.

#42 5 years ago

There is no "win" in these threads.

But if I may post my opinion. I took delivery of a WOZ. It has not been perfect. But in consideration of the how I have been treated for support, I take great outrage at the people that are (again IMO) trying to smear his organization.

The way some people act around here, I'm starting to wonder why I even read this board any more.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yep the direct print is more resistant to flipper wear and according to Jacks Camp earlier on, a superior process. Operators don't care about beauty like collectors. Decals are a definitely easier to replace. The direct print was suppose to last forever so who knows what they're doing.

#44 5 years ago

I'm not trying to troll, I'm serious, who are these ops who are re-decaling their cabs to keep them all nice? Because man, they sure don't route any games near me.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not trying to troll, I'm serious, who are these ops who are re-decaling their cabs to keep them all nice? Because man, they sure don't route any games near me.

I think it is the op that makes money on the game for a year or two and then sells the game that wants the decals. They can sell the game with new decals and the wear and tear is less noticeable for the buyer.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't forget all the HUO Stern owners who get a new set of decals for their "damaged" pin, yeah they replace them all the time

#47 5 years ago

so the direct print early run standards with cc are the rarest?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from country-clubber:

so the direct print early run standards with cc are the rarest?

Yep, you better not sell your game now.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think it is the op that makes money on the game for a year or two and then sells the game that wants the decals. They can sell the game with new decals and the wear and tear is less noticeable for the buyer.

I guess? Honestly re-decaling is usually a money losing venture, in terms of money spent (not to mention time) vs increase in value. Unless the game is just TRASHED and no one will take it otherwise. I seriously doubt any clear coated WOZ cab was ending up like that. I dunno, not trying to play conspiracy theorist here, it just doesn't make sense to me that there's actually real demand for this.

#50 5 years ago

You guys are a piece of work. Or pieces of work.

Yesterday, it was "Where is my game? Why doesn't Jack come out and give us some info? What's going on?"

And today, we're parsing his statement like it was from Obama, trying to figure out what he REALLY means.

My best guess is that the games will get delivered when they get delivered and not a minute-ish sooner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside