Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BriPin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    invisiglass_standard-420x487.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jam_burglar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

These 2 accounts make it hard to decide.

I think it was PDI that originally mis-advertised as preventing all backbox/dmd glare. This was years ago. The claim of elminating all glare was not true so that has since stopped. I don't think "Invisiglass" ever really made the claim. In any event, nobody is advertising it as eliminating backbox and dmd glare anymore. For some reason Neo can't let it go. I don't think I've ever seen a thread about glare-reducing-glass where he doesn't pipe up. Do a search and you'll see.

Anyway, "Invisiglass" is actually a pretty good description. Invisiglass and the PDR glass are much much clearer than typical glass and CAN give the illusion that there is no glass at all. They will not stop all glare but they do greatly reduce the glare (less so for backbox and DMD glare.) They do reduce the effects of backbox and DMD glare but will not eliminate that glare. The better solotion for DMD glare is a shield. Some backbox glare is pretty much unavoidable.

Anyway, lots of people happily pay extra for Invisiglass and PDR becuase it looks significantly better than regular glass. The difference is VERY recognizable. It's also VERY expensive.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

RD don't troll!
    I designed my games room specifically for 100 machines, and the lights are put in the correct places to suit the layout. So glare is not an issue at my place. Maybe if it was, maybe I'd feel different.
    On the other hand, I can't afford to buy $30,000+ USD worth of glass (Plus shipping and tax) so that's the end of that.
    rd.

But you have to realize you're in a minority and giving others advice based on your abnormal scenario. How many of us play in a pitch black room? How many of us have custom light design specifically to deal with glare?

I paid nothing for my PDI glass so I have no financial skin in the game. Compared to normal glass, it makes a very visible difference in a normal or even dimly lit room.

Neo's statements on here are about as misleading as the original PDI advertising, which they no longer use. He says "it's not any clearer. Your eyes are deceived it's clearer" What does that even mean? Our eyes aren't seeing what they see?

Go to the PDI website. They say "It does not 100% get rid of glare". "We suggest also using a DMD glare guard". http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

The pictures at pinball sales still show glare on the "with Invisiglass" pictures. There are no statements that it removes 100% of glare.

So, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I can understand the argument that it's not worth the money. I'm not sure I'd shell out $300 for a sheet, although for me going back to normal glass on a game that had PDI or invisiglass would be kind of hard.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's deceiving to your eyes because you think it's clearer, but it's actually not. Looking through the glass is not going to make any objects any crisper or less fuzzy, or colors any brighter than looking at the same object through regular glass. Do my test I stated if you don't believe me. You will not know the difference. The reason you think you see stuff clearer is because of the ambient light being reduced.

I don't think anybody is being deceived about anything. It LOOKS way better in most settings. It doesn't matter if its because the glare is reduced, or if its because the glass is clearer (which nobody it arguing anyay). The point is that it works.

The average player is not playing pinball in a pitch black room. The average player is also not going to design the lighting in thier house around pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jam_burglar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-invisiglass-sale?tu=jam_burglar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.