Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BriPin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    invisiglass_standard-420x487.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

oof. You'd think at those prices it would actually work for what it was made for.

#7 9 years ago

Non glare glass was invented and designed to block out backglass and display glare 100% from the machine while your playing. It's the sole reason and purpose it was worked on in the first place. they failed. While it does a good job of blocking ambient room lightly (which isn't a problem anyway), the display and backglass glare is just as bad as with a sheet of $20 glass. Unless your 8 feet tall and can look directly down and be 90 degrees to the surface of the glass.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

Neo is wrong... for whatever reason he is exaggerating. Take into account the other people saying how good it is. When the pin is turned off (no DMD/backglass lighting) I have literally had people come over and not play my machine (and in one case jam his fingers) because they thought the glass was off and i was cleaning it or working on it.

Bullshit. I have had pieces of invisiglass and PDI glass. They work for shit. Plain and simple. it's not any clearer to look through and the DMD / BG glare is just as visible as it was before. If there is a reduction it's 5% at best. You guys are full of shit and try to justify pissing away $300 on a sheet of glass that blocks out ambient room lighting. Play your games in a pitch black room and you won't know the damn difference between that and a $20 sheet of normal glass. Plain and simple. I'm not exaggerating anything.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

There is a huge difference...
    » YouTube video

And this is exactly the point. THe only way the glass made a difference if your 90 degrees straight down on the glass. Again, it's blocking out the room lighting great....fantastic. Useless but fantastic. The shit you actually care about. Backglass/DMD, is still plain as day from a player perspective. Unless you're the Undertaker or Shaq. The shorter you are, the crappier it works.

#57 9 years ago

lets put it this way. During league night I had a sheet of invisiglass in 1 of my machines. Out of 20 games. Not one person out of 30 could tell me which machine had the invisiglass in it. They couldn't tell the damn difference. 30 people. If it was $60 a sheet. Sure. it's worth 3x's the price of normal glass to make room lighting disappear. ANything more than that???..not for what it really does.

Looks clearer than normal glass? Nope. Maybe if your room has bright lights in it, because you're getting room lighting in your glass. Maybe. In a dark gameroom, no difference at all. You're eyes don't see through that glass any clearer than a normal sheet.

I paid $150 per sheet (bought 2) and still felt like I was ripped off. So I sold a sheet to a friend and the other went with a game I traded.

if it did it's damn job like it is suppose to, i'd buy a sheet for every game in my collection.

Instead, I buy the glare guards from Kim and for $8 they block out DMD and Alphanumeric display glare 100%. 100% without fail. for $8. Nobody ever notices them on my machines but comment why back part of the game is so clear and can see what's going on.

#59 9 years ago

not saying you have to play in the dark, but if you want to see what it's really blocking out and what it is not, play in darkness. Then you can really see what the glass is really doing.

For those that are happy with the room lighting being blocked. Great.

But it's kind of misleading for those that expect the DMD and Backglass glare to be blocked when it actually is not. I always try to warn people of this factor before buying. If your ok with that, then go ahead. That's not what I was looking for when I bought it. For the hefty price tag, I was expecting it to do what it was initially designed for, it did not live up to my expectations at all. not even close.

#62 9 years ago

it's not any clearer. Your eyes are deceived it's clearer, because of the background lighting reflection is being blocked out.

Don't believe me? Try this.

Take a normal sheet of glass. and invisiglass. Stand them both on end side by side in a pitch black room. Now turn on something that lights up on the other side of the room. Stand behind both sheets of glass, with nothing but blackness behind you. Look at the item that's lit up through the glass. It will look no different from one sheet or another. CLarity is EXACTLY the same. Exactly.

I don't hate invisiglass/PDI glass. I'm pissed because I was deceived on what it was actually capable of. One by PDI when they were designing it, saying it was going to eliminate DMD/BG glare 100%, and then by others like you guys saying how great it works and it works perfectly. (by perfect, meaning not at all for what it was suppose to do). At $300 a sheet, that would piss anyone off, with it not doing any of what was expected. I don't want others that don't know better, to know what to expect. If you're buying it to block out DMD/BG glare, don't buy one. You're going to be pissed too.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And warn... And warn... And... On look, another chance to tell us you don't like Invisiglass.

not everyone sees every thread. The people thinking about it, are going to be in the thread. New people means, more new people that don't know all the ins and outs of what they are getting into. So yes, you have to mention it in pretty much every thread. When PDI and JJP glass, state a disclaimer on their FS sites, saying that it does not eliminate DMD/BG glare, everytime it's for sale. I won't have to say shit.

#65 9 years ago

if anything, jack should give me props for bumping his thread to the top all the time. I'm sure it will boost some more sales for him. But at least the sales will be informed people that will understand and know what they are buying.

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

He says "it's not any clearer. Your eyes are deceived it's clearer" What does that even mean? Our eyes aren't seeing what they see?

It's deceiving to your eyes because you think it's clearer, but it's actually not. Looking through the glass is not going to make any objects any crisper or less fuzzy, or colors any brighter than looking at the same object through regular glass. Do my test I stated if you don't believe me. You will not know the difference. The reason you think you see stuff clearer is because of the ambient light being reduced.

As Rotordave stated, a lot of this is also how you have your room lighting setup. most gamerooms have at least one spot, that is piss poor with lighting and massive glare. If your gameroom lights are designed with this in mind, your room glare will be minimal, and you will not notice nor benefit at all from (reduced) glare glass.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-invisiglass-sale?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.