Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BriPin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    invisiglass_standard-420x487.jpg
    There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Bullshit. I have had pieces of invisiglass and PDI glass. They work for shit. Plain and simple. it's not any clearer to look through and the DMD / BG glare is just as visible as it was before. If there is a reduction it's 5% at best. You guys are full of shit and try to justify pissing away $300 on a sheet of glass that blocks out ambient room lighting. Play your games in a pitch black room and you won't know the damn difference between that and a $20 sheet of normal glass. Plain and simple. I'm not exaggerating anything.

You could not be more wrong. Get your eyes checked.

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Saved me hundreds, thanks. Was going to get a wide and normal but decided to pass. I play in the dark and will just go with the Bent Plastic. I'd like to see these in person before possibly picking one up...

He's nuts, don't listen to him. I play in the dark and the difference is tremendous.

#103 9 years ago

Bump for a good seller.

She processed my refund for a game deposit.

#104 9 years ago

I don't have a problem with people saying that the price isn't worth it to them. But don't tell me that these products don't work. They do. And again, it is not a small difference. I've had tons of non pinheads see the difference between PDI or Invisiglass and regular glass and say things like "wow, that's amazing" etc.

#105 9 years ago

No one plays pinball in the dark; those games have hundreds of lights in them.

But seriously, PDI/invisiglass makes a noticeable difference in the vast majority of pinball setups. That said, I'm still too cheap to buy any, so this isn't owner bias.

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I don't have a problem with people saying that the price isn't worth it to them. But don't tell me that these products don't work. They do. And again, it is not a small difference. I've had tons of non pinheads see the difference between PDI or Invisiglass and regular glass and say things like "wow, that's amazing" etc.

I haven't seen anyone from this thread post a picture of the same machine with standard glass and the reflections reduction glass. I think the biggest difference people are seeing is as a result of NEW glass.

On one of my games I had the glass that came with it. It was ok, had a couple scratches but they were in area's that didn't matter, so I left it. Once day I noticed a chip on the edge of the glass, rather than take chances I replaces it with a $40 piece of tempered glass from a local glass shop. Even though I cleaned the old glass all the time and thought it looked great except for a few scratches the difference was night and day.

Even though the old glass appeared fine to me, there were micro scratches and abrasions that were reflecting light where the new glass without those imperfection was able to let more of the light pass through.

I'm not saying the stuff doesn't work, I've never seen it in person to the best of my knowledge, but if it doesn't prevent the DMD and backglass reflections what's the point?

I picked up a Bent Plastic for $8 and removed some of my backbox bulbs and that made a world of difference.

Quoted from yancy:

No one plays pinball in the dark

I do. the whole half of my basement that has the pins stays dark. I don't know why I play in the dark, I guess it's from growing up in arcades, there wasn't as many lawyers back then and most arcades were dark. It also makes the lights and flashers brighter as your pupils dilate in the dark.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

I think the biggest difference people are seeing is as a result of NEW glass.

Let me be clear.

No.

End of story.

And frankly, this assertion is really accusing people who see the huge difference as being morons. "It's just because it's new glass."

Quoted from NextoPin:

I'm not saying the stuff doesn't work, I've never seen it in person to the best of my knowledge

Then why are you making comments and giving opinions on something you know nothing about?

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

I haven't seen anyone from this thread post a picture of the same machine with standard glass and the reflections reduction glass. I think the biggest difference people are seeing is as a result of NEW glass.

Gotta love somebody who has never seen something telling 19/20 people who agree it is a massive improvement (are willing to pay big money for more and are happy with the product) that they must be mistaken.

Yeah, you really think i like just throwing 3-400 bucks away on a product that may or may not have made a slight difference but i'm not sure? WTH man, listen to yourself and give your head a shake. Look at the thumbs down for neo. I have honestly never seen a product with this much consensus but somehow there's always weird people on pinside who will point at a cloud and tell you the sky is missing.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

Gotta love somebody who has never seen something telling 19/20 people who agree it is a massive improvement (are willing to pay big money for more and are happy with the product) that they must be mistaken.

Maybe he bought it for those three pins and just did not like it. Eye roll...

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah, you really think i like just throwing 3-400 bucks away on a product that may or may not have made a slight difference but i'm not sure? WTH man, listen to yourself and give your head a shake. Look at the thumbs down for neo. I have honestly never seen a product with this much consensus but somehow there's always weird people on pinside who will point at a cloud and tell you the sky is missing.

I wasn't saying it doesn't work, I'm saying there's a big difference between a piece of old glass and new glass as far as clarity and that might be why some people think their new invisiglass is so much clearer than their old standard glass. My comments had nothing to do with the anti-reflection properties of the glass.

The anti-reflection properties of the glass are applied to the surface of standard glass. The glass isn't going to be any more clear than standard glass.

Any why do you gotta be such assholes? I wasn't rude, I didn't call anyone a liar, I came and provided a theory on why someone might think that the invisiglass appeared clearer than normal glass. What difference does it make how many pins someone has? Your elitist opinion matters more because you have more pinball machine? OK Then. I haven't updated that since I created my account.

#111 9 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html

A decent test done on regular, Invisiglass and PDI

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

I wasn't saying it doesn't work, I'm saying there's a big difference between a piece of old glass and new glass as far as clarity and that might be why some people think their new invisiglass is so much clearer than their old standard glass.

No. I had a brand new NIB game with new glass next to a pin with a invisible type glass and it was night and day. I was surprised at how noticeable the difference was. I agree the regular price point is pretty ridiculous but the huge difference the glass makes when compared to regular glass is indisputable IMO. I will never pay regular price for them but must say they do make a big difference and I will buy them in the future when sales come around.

#113 9 years ago

Hey, didn't I see a mention that this was about a glass sale?

#114 9 years ago

I have it in two of my games, and I think it makes a huge difference. It's debatable whether or not people think the extra cost is worth it. When it's on sale, it definitely is for me.

#115 9 years ago

Invisiglass in AWESOME!!! You can't even tell the glass is on the machine. Highly recommended.

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Any why do you gotta be such assholes? I wasn't rude, I didn't call anyone a liar, I came and provided a theory on why someone might think that the invisiglass appeared clearer than normal glass. What difference does it make how many pins someone has? Your elitist opinion matters more because you have more pinball machine?

It's very frustrating to have somebody "helpfully" enter a debate with no knowledge of the item in question and put forth a theory. The following example might shed some light on why we got snippy with you.

Somebody walks into a circle of 20 people looking down into a pool. 18 people clearly see there is a red circle at the bottom of the pool. One person says there is a green circle at the bottom of the pool; he declares all of the other people are wrong, and there isn't a difference between red and green anyway. One person kinda scratches his beard and says "Yeah, i dunno, there could be a red circle down there but the pool is pretty hazy and i can see how one would think there is a greenish tint to the circle."

Deciding to be super helpful, as he likes to do, guy 21 oh so helpfully says "Well I don't really know what red is, because i've never seen colors before. But maybe circles just always look red until your eyes adjust to them."

You are that guy in this conversation. About the elitist comment I don't know where you even saw me talking about how many pins people own. I'm usually just excited if somebody owns one.

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Any why do you gotta be such assholes? I wasn't rude, I didn't call anyone a liar, I came and provided a theory on why someone might think that the invisiglass appeared clearer than normal glass.

actually, you're the one being an a-hole. you freely admit you have never seen the stuff first-hand, and yet for some crazy reason you are telling a bunch of people who HAVE seen it in person right next to brand new standard glass that they are just imagining things or don't know what they're talking about. it's absurdly ignorant and arrogant. why would you even think you're qualified to comment on the stuff, let alone continue arguing with people who actually know what they're talking about?

#118 9 years ago

I have a WOZ with Invisiglass. When I put it on my IJ, TZ and JD I cannot say that it makes a huge difference. I do find that new glass regularly cleaned and not scratched does make a difference. I will respect those who say that it makes a big difference. I am not convinced that the logarithmic price differential makes sense. For the record, I prefer to play in the dark.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

actually, you're the one being an a-hole. you freely admit you have never seen the stuff first-hand, and yet for some crazy reason you are telling a bunch of people who HAVE seen it in person right next to brand new standard glass that they are just imagining things or don't know what they're talking about. it's absurdly ignorant and arrogant. why would you even think you're qualified to comment on the stuff, let alone continue arguing with people who actually know what they're talking about?

I don't have to own invisiglass to know that new glass is more clear than old glass, that's all I was saying. I wasn't arguing with anyone, you guys just troll around looking for a reason to argue. I didn't tell anyone anything nor did I state anything as fact, I just made a comment about new glass vs. old glass.

#120 9 years ago

You dorks have officially broken the Internet.

Thanks for the product sales price.

Ps. I hear boob pix look better under invisiglass

#121 9 years ago

I know this is kind of off topic and not related to the fighting in this thread, but has anyone tried ordering 2 standard and 1 widebody? When I add them to the cart, it doesn't calculate the discount for the widebody at checkout. Apologies if I missed something.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

I know this is kind of off topic and not related to the fighting in this thread, but has anyone tried ordering 2 standard and 1 widebody? When I add them to the cart, it doesn't calculate the discount for the widebody at checkout. Apologies if I missed something.

I bet if you contact them they can make it right after you order.

#123 9 years ago

I believe it was mentioned before that irregular orders are harder to ship, thus a widebody glass piece would ship separately, that may be why your having an issue with the cart. I'd contact customer service and have them handle the order for you

#124 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I bet if you contact them they can make it right after you order.

Quoted from anubis2night:

I believe it was mentioned before that irregular orders are harder to ship, thus a widebody glass piece would ship separately, that may be why your having an issue with the cart. I'd contact customer service and have them handle the order for you

Thanks. I'll just contact them directly and get it worked out.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Thanks. I'll just contact them directly and get it worked out.

They only ship 2 sheets per box max anyway so it would come as 2 sheets of standard in one box and 1 sheet widebody in another I think.

Basing this on the fact that i ordered 3 sheets standard and i got 2 sheets in 1 box and 1 sheet in another shipped separately.

#126 9 years ago

I have either PDI or Invisiglass on all of my games other than RFM. I'm taking advantage of this sale to grab a sheet for my newly aquired BBH. PDI ships "cleaner" as it is packaged better but Invisiglass looks amazing.

The two are pretty close to interchangeable.

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

These 2 accounts make it hard to decide.

We have a sheet on the METLE and the MB at Pincrossing. Check them out yourself next time you come down and decide for yourself.

IMO, room lighting has a lot to do with how impressive it is. If you are in a dimly lit room that has less ambient light, a perfectly clean sheet of regular glass that has no scratches will be pretty close to Invisiglass. In rooms with a lot of room lighting though it is great.

-Jay

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrobinso99:

IMO, room lighting has a lot to do with how impressive it is.

I don't have any sheets of PDI or invisiglass but a friend of mine has some on his machines and his game room is lit with can lights. One such light is directly over the machine with this glass installed and the results are indeed incredible. The game is not playable with the lights on (which he prefers) and regular glass installed but with the coated glass, all room lighting effects disappear.

#129 9 years ago

I have 4 machines and only one has Invisiglass. Every new person that plays my machines can tell exactly which machine has Invisiglass. At some point they all reach down to touch the playfield because it looks like there is no glass on the machine. They look around sheepishly after they do it and ask why the glass is different.

This stuff is cool for your A machines. I really wish the price was about $150 a sheet and maybe I could afford to do all my machines. I did just split and order with locals so 2 more sheets are in route for Tron and TAF...

#130 9 years ago

I have invisiglass bought new from Jen during last sale for all my machines. Also bought some used but mint PDI for my safecracker and for a few newly acquired games. I never paid more than $200 for any individual sheet. And I wouldn't have either. They are both great. The best is when people are looking at uncle fester in my TAFG machine. They always reaching for him and hitting the glass. That game has Invisiglass but it wouldn't make a difference in my honest opinion. To me it all depends on price point. I was out till last year at 300. Then they did the sale and I acquired used sheets for $200 or less. Getting this glass for all my games would have run me an extra $2,000 and to me at that price point I would just have lived with new, clean regular glass.

#131 9 years ago

Remember to always keep a few spare sheets of regular glass to trade machines with. Just a friendly reminder.

3 weeks later
    #132 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And this is exactly the point. THe only way the glass made a difference if your 90 degrees straight down on the glass. Again, it's blocking out the room lighting great....fantastic. Useless but fantastic. The shit you actually care about. Backglass/DMD, is still plain as day from a player perspective. Unless you're the Undertaker or Shaq. The shorter you are, the crappier it works.

Some see the dress as blue and black whereas others see it as gold and white.

#133 9 years ago

Thanks again for the sale, Jen. I put Invisiglass in my three widebodies (IJ, TZ and STTNG), and the difference is quite noticeable. I mentioned it to my daughter when she came downstairs, and she said, "You mean there's glass in those? Snap!"

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Thanks again for the sale, Jen. I put Invisiglass in my three widebodies (IJ, TZ and STTNG), and the difference is quite noticeable. I mentioned it to my daughter when she came downstairs, and she said, "You mean there's glass in those? Snap!"

Lol. I had the same thing happen with my Luci. My son came downstairs and walked by the machine. He then seen our cat near by. He yelled out at me, "Dad, watch out for Belle...she may jump in there" I explained that the glass was indeed on and all is safe from kitty's paws!

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Some see the dress as blue and black whereas others see it as gold and white.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, still blowing my frickin mind!

#136 9 years ago

I .... see....FOUR...lights...

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pubaw:

Lol. I had the same thing happen with my Luci. My son came downstairs and walked by the machine. He then seen our cat near by. He yelled out at me, "Dad, watch out for Belle...she may jump in there" I explained that the glass was indeed on and all is safe from kitty's paws!

Well, there's totally a joke in here about AC/DC being for pussies, but I'm a fan so I'll let it go...

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, still blowing my frickin mind!

Perception is subjective. That was the point of my post. The dress color phenomenon on Facebook this week seemed to underscore that fact.

I happen to think that Invisiglass substantially reduces glare whereas other pinsiders do not, even though the science suggests a significant glare reduction.

Based upon RAZORBAK86's "thumbs down" of my rather uncontroversial post, methinks that RAZORBAK86 ought to read Plato's allegory of the cave or perhaps he's not open to the idea that a blue & black dress can indeed appear as white and gold.

#139 9 years ago

I have invisiglass on all of my games now and have people over that have rarely play pinball, knew nothing about different glass on games and about put their hands through my glass thinking it was not there. Plus I have many pinheads over that never have seen it and usually make a comment how much better it is than regular glass and these are guys that have played tons of different games. That is proof enough it helps and is a noticeable cause that never happened before I had Invisiglass........we didn't have random conversations on the quality of my glass.

Not to mention my own personal opinion, I wouldn't drop that much $ if I didn't feel it worked amazingly. Do I love the price, no, it is an expensive addition but one that without question works and helps immensely in my opinion.

#140 9 years ago

Are there local places that have this type of glass or do people usually have to order it and ship it in? I was just curious if most glass companies offer this.

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from FishPharm:

Are there local places that have this type of glass or do people usually have to order it and ship it in? I was just curious if most glass companies offer this.

No

5 months later
    #142 8 years ago

Invisiglass Sale now through August 31st!

Buy 1 Sheet at $295, get the 2nd sheet Half Off
    Buy 3 Sheets at $295 each, get the 4th Sheet Free

- you can mix and match standard + widebody sheets
    -shipping charges via UPS + applicable sales tax are additional - while supplies last
    Questions or to place an order - [email protected] / 732-364-9900 ext 203

https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=63

#143 8 years ago

I like the other sale better
    Buy 2 get 1 free.
    To exspensive for us Canadians right now

#144 8 years ago

I can't remember... do they ship ea separately? or would they all ship together?
    I'm wondering of I'm going to see a shipping charge for each piece of glass or not.

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJen:

Invisiglass Sale now through August 31st!
    - you can mix and match standard + widebody sheets
    -shipping charges via UPS + applicable sales tax are additional - while supplies last
    Questions or to place an order - [email protected] / 732-364-9900 ext 203
    https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=63

Q: Which of the two deals is better for the consumer?

A: Neither, but a very clever sales pitch.

#146 8 years ago

If one was to buy two sheets could they get 2 halfs off a third sheet?

#148 8 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJen:

Youre paying $221.25 for each sheet regardless of which deal you go with here...

Shipping/Tax is separate of course...

#149 8 years ago

Got my order yesterday. Shipping was extremely fast and they arrived in perfect condition. The only problem is I now want it for all of my games. My CV and Congo both have real glare problems and while the new glass didn't make all of it completely go away it is light years better. The newer sterns do not have a ton of glare but AC/DC sure looks sweet when it looks like glass isn't even on the game!!!

#150 8 years ago

I just want one sheet ... bummer, no sale for that. I'll wait.

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-invisiglass-sale/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.