Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BriPin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    invisiglass_standard-420x487.jpg

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

We <3 Invisiglass! Now until Valentine's Day: Buy 2 Sheets @ $295 each, get the 3rd sheet FREE or Buy 1 Sheet @ $295, get the 2nd sheet half off. Offer Applies to both Standard & Widebody Invisiglass!

**Shipping is additional - While supplies last, first come first serve**

https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=62&product_id=63

#2 9 years ago

The Best Mod you can buy , my opinion . I have bought 3 and very happy . It's like seeing in 3D

#3 9 years ago

These will fit any manufacturer, correct?

#4 9 years ago

oof. You'd think at those prices it would actually work for what it was made for.

#5 9 years ago

So tempting . . . . good deal

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

oof. You'd think at those prices it would actually work for what it was made for.

What do u mean because I always wanted to try on tz?

#7 9 years ago

Non glare glass was invented and designed to block out backglass and display glare 100% from the machine while your playing. It's the sole reason and purpose it was worked on in the first place. they failed. While it does a good job of blocking ambient room lightly (which isn't a problem anyway), the display and backglass glare is just as bad as with a sheet of $20 glass. Unless your 8 feet tall and can look directly down and be 90 degrees to the surface of the glass.

#8 9 years ago

O really ? I didn't kmow that but it is clearer than normal glass correct

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

O really ? I didn't kmow that but it is clearer than normal glass correct

Yes, it works great. I have one on my TZ and love it.

#10 9 years ago

I have 3 sheets of this on 3 different pins. It reduces glare greatly from the backglass/dmd and is almost completely invisible in the lower half of the playfield as long as you keep it free of dust and fingerprints.

#11 9 years ago

P.S. I bought them during the black friday sale and though they were still ridiculously expensive after shipping all the way to Canada, they are a massive upgrade to your playing experience.

#12 9 years ago

Everything in pinball is a price gouge, it's a piece of glass for godsake.

#13 9 years ago

I put Invisiglass on my STTNG and it looks phenomenal.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Non glare glass was invented and designed to block out backglass and display glare 100% from the machine while your playing. It's the sole reason and purpose it was worked on in the first place. they failed. While it does a good job of blocking ambient room lightly (which isn't a problem anyway), the display and backglass glare is just as bad as with a sheet of $20 glass. Unless your 8 feet tall and can look directly down and be 90 degrees to the surface of the glass.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

P.S. I bought them during the black friday sale and though they were still ridiculously expensive after shipping all the way to Canada, they are a massive upgrade to your playing experience.

These 2 accounts make it hard to decide.

#15 9 years ago

I'd love some but us Canadians can't afford anything right now

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

Neo is wrong... for whatever reason he is exaggerating. Take into account the other people saying how good it is. When the pin is turned off (no DMD/backglass lighting) I have literally had people come over and not play my machine (and in one case jam his fingers) because they thought the glass was off and i was cleaning it or working on it.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'd love some but us Canadians can't afford anything right now

Ditto. Exchange rate is keeping me from ordering, have a friend who wants one and I could take another sheet for my CFTBL.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Incorrect, it was invented to reduce glare, which it does wonderfully. No glass can completely block out backglass and display glare. Worth the coin IMHO, but to each his/her own.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

Neo is wrong... for whatever reason he is exaggerating. Take into account the other people saying how good it is. When the pin is turned off (no DMD/backglass lighting) I have literally had people come over and not play my machine (and in one case jam his fingers) because they thought the glass was off and i was cleaning it or working on it.

That must have been hysterical to watch

#20 9 years ago

I have 6 of them, and love them. When I put one on Godzilla, it felt like a different game. You can finally really see the back half of the playfield.

Expensive, but I agree, one of the best upgrades you can make.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

I think it was PDI that originally mis-advertised as preventing all backbox/dmd glare. This was years ago. The claim of elminating all glare was not true so that has since stopped. I don't think "Invisiglass" ever really made the claim. In any event, nobody is advertising it as eliminating backbox and dmd glare anymore. For some reason Neo can't let it go. I don't think I've ever seen a thread about glare-reducing-glass where he doesn't pipe up. Do a search and you'll see.

Anyway, "Invisiglass" is actually a pretty good description. Invisiglass and the PDR glass are much much clearer than typical glass and CAN give the illusion that there is no glass at all. They will not stop all glare but they do greatly reduce the glare (less so for backbox and DMD glare.) They do reduce the effects of backbox and DMD glare but will not eliminate that glare. The better solotion for DMD glare is a shield. Some backbox glare is pretty much unavoidable.

Anyway, lots of people happily pay extra for Invisiglass and PDR becuase it looks significantly better than regular glass. The difference is VERY recognizable. It's also VERY expensive.

#22 9 years ago

This stuff is amazing. I have it on 90% of my machines. Getting ready to order some more to finish off the collection.

#23 9 years ago

Solid upgrade at a fair price. worthwhile upgrade on keeper games

#24 9 years ago

Any chance we can get the discount on a combination of standard and wide body? I need 1 wide body and 2 standard...

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

Or just swap it out before you sell.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Any chance we can get the discount on a combination of standard and wide body? I need 1 wide body and 2 standard...

Yes you can combine different sizes for the discount

#27 9 years ago

Only thing is I can get no glare and perfect visibility for free if I play with the glass off which I do alot and I play alot better along with my old lady and no we dont cheat

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

That must have been hysterical to watch

It is! I had someone do the same thing. He was looking at my Tron and went to check something on the playfield and smacked his fingers right into the glass. Oh, we laughed and laughed.

It is interesting to see other opinions on it. I think it is a great mod and Neo thinks it's crap. Fortunately Neo doesn't decide what I do with my games

#29 9 years ago

When I got my WOZ, my wife's first comment was, "Where's the glass?"

#30 9 years ago

So how do you get the discount? Discount code? Checkout is charging me full price. It's also not giving me the shipping charges.

Edit: Forget it. More trouble than it's worth. Saved me from spending $500 too.

#31 9 years ago

While this is a good deal, it's more of a special and not a sale.
    I only want 1 piece, so nothing here applies to me
    Again, I'm not knocking the product. Loved seeing it on WOZ. Great stuff.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from whocanitbenow:

While this is a good deal, it's more of a special and not a sale.
    I only want 1 piece, so nothing here applies to me
    Again, I'm not knocking the product. Loved seeing it on WOZ. Great stuff.

You know anyone local that can order another sheet or two so you both can save?

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Only thing is I can get no glare and perfect visibility for free if I play with the glass off which I do alot and I play alot better along with my old lady and no we dont cheat

I tried this before, but is incredibly loud playing that way. The noise of the flippers, pop bumpers, and jet bumpers detracts from the audio of the game. Was actually surprised how much sound from the playfield the glass actually reduces.
    But to each his own.

#34 9 years ago

Mine is awesome on my WOZ.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

I agree. I have Invisiglass on 10 of my games. Invisiglass on Twilight Zone is great, especially with a standard glare deflector to block the DMD glare. The product appreciably improves the appearance of woodrail games as well.

In fact, Invisiglass eliminates so much glare that you can flash-photograph a playfield, while illuminated, and actually see the details of the art. Try doing that with standard glass.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from vilant:

I tried this before, but is incredibly loud playing that way. The noise of the flippers, pop bumpers, and jet bumpers detracts from the audio of the game. Was actually surprised how much sound from the playfield the glass actually reduces.
    But to each his own.

I was kind of kidding lol but with sub and volume at 12 its not bad really

#37 9 years ago

This stuff is great. Once I put it in one machine I had to do all of them. Its nice to be able to take a picture of anything on your playfield without having to remove the glass to to do it.

#38 9 years ago

How much is shipping on these to Chicago?

#39 9 years ago

I have no doubt it's a cool product but something inside tells me that there is about a 500% markup on this stuff and that's why I don't buy it. I guess that's the problem with not having a lot of competition.

#40 9 years ago

Any chance of free pickup?

#41 9 years ago

I was interested in this as well, but shipping " to be determined"?

shipping on 3 or possibly 6 sheets could get really expensive.

#42 9 years ago

I'd sooner spend money on glass than any other mod. With our lighting environment, that glass makes a big difference. Totally worth it, IMO. Lots of times I've had to reach in to see if the glass was actually on the machine or not, because there was not enough glare to tell me it's actually installed. Yes, I can find angles where I still see glare, but.. I have to look for them now.

Got 10 sheets on the last sale. Shipping to California for me added about 15% to the price, UPS ground. Very well packaged; no damage at all.

Overpriced? Probably. Just like any other mod. Just like the pinball machines themselves. You won't find this stuff cheap on craigslist. The only real way to get a deal here is to find a special like Jen's posted - and try to amortize the shipping by getting two sheets instead of one. Or look at some of the alternatives.

#43 9 years ago

Shipping is done as 1 or 2 sheets per box; the sheets have to be the same size. They won't mix a standard and a wide body glass in the same box. It was something like $60 a box (or $30 a sheet) for the shipping to California.

If you're scared on the shipping.. then just ask Jen about "What if shipping is too expensive?". I asked that myself, and was promised that I can cancel the order and get a refund.

#44 9 years ago

Hopefully its be on sale at one of the east coast shows this year and i dont have to pay shipping

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You know anyone local that can order another sheet or two so you both can save?

That's exactly what we did in Louisiana. Have some glass coming in to go with my new BBH!

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

There is a huge difference...

#47 9 years ago

So the einvisglass was on the LOTR?

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

There is a huge difference...
    » YouTube video

There certainly is. But you may want to find a different comparison.

Neither of those machines has Invisiglass on it.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

So the einvisglass was on the LOTR?

I either don't get your humor or sarcasm

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

There certainly is. But you may want to find a different comparison.
    Neither of those machines has Invisiglass on it.

???? So what's the point of the video then?

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-invisiglass-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.