(Topic ID: 65200)

JJP Invisaglass...What's the best way to clean these?

By joeraptor2003

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bb1.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Curious to know how folks clean their glass without creating a single fingerprint.. I am having a hard time keeping it print free. I have tried all the suggestions that came on the instructions. The biggest thing for me is putting it back on without mucking it up.. I am thinking cotton gloves next.

#2 10 years ago
    #3 10 years ago

Is there a best way..ask 10 people, ten different answers. Can't argue with Alex's way. But, the way to clean high end lens used in astronomy with coatings is: a mixture 50/50 of isopropyl alcohol and steamed distilled water. This is what I have been doing and it works great. And at times, sparkle which I believe Jjp recommended early on.

#4 10 years ago

I've had great success with Windex's ammonia-free version, cleans very well with no streaks.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks Alex
    I am going to give this stuff a try and hopefully I will be able to keep the kids a way for a few while I do this.
    Vyzer.. I guess you are correct about that. Everyone has their own best way..especially when it comes to this hobby.
    Thanks

#6 10 years ago

It needs to be done very slowly and supervise, supervise, supervise.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

bb1.JPGbb1.JPG

#7 10 years ago

this is what i have been doing lately with cleaning glass, especially auto glass,
    distilled water & micro fiber cloth/towel Wax on

clean dry micro fiber cloth/towel Wax off

no chemicals or sprays

#8 10 years ago

Sparkle with a microfiber cloth works very well on I-glass.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Sparkle with a microfiber cloth works very well on I-glass.

That's exactly what I do and it leaves tiny specs. I think the microfiber is not abrasive enough to clean off the tiny specs. There was another thread on this a few weeks ago and a different type of cloth was recommended, now I can't remember what it was.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-invisaglasswhats-the-best-way-to-clean-these and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.