New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 254958)

JJP Internet Update Beta Test

By pinball_keefer

12 months ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 12 months ago

Hi everyone.

We're expanding our Internet Update Beta Test Program to get more feedback and more eyes on it. If you are interested in signing up, then read over the Terms & Conditions here: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/sw/beta/jjp_wifi_beta_terms_conditions.pdf

If you agree, then please fill out this form: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/sw/beta/jjp_wifi_beta_signup_form.pdf

And mail it to keith at jerseyjackpinball.com.

Not everyone will be accepted, and we particularly need people who are willing to test a wired connection, not just wireless.

The use of telegram is required, so make sure you download the app for your phone and/or pc and sign up for a username (not created by default, available in settings).

If selected and you are wifi only, then we will mail you a wifi dongle to put in your game(s).

Thanks for reading.

#2 12 months ago

This is so cool!

#4 11 months ago

Would be great to have wi fi option

#5 11 months ago

Awesome! Email sent

#6 11 months ago

Way to level up JJP!
I remember doing a survey call with you guys a few years ago about this. So glad you are bringing it to life! If I wasn’t in the middle of moving I would totally sign my hobbit up!

4 weeks later
#7 11 months ago

I'm in

3 weeks later
#8 10 months ago

Ok so I got the USB (Yay!) in the mail but with no instructions. Plugged it in but not sure what else to do with it. Help appreciated. Like to support this beta as I think it's cool.

#9 10 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Ok so I got the USB (Yay!) in the mail but with no instructions. Plugged it in but not sure what else to do with it. Help appreciated. Like to support this beta as I think it's cool.

JJP gives instructions on their "Telegram" app group. They are currently off for the holidays and probably wont respond until after the first of the year. There are instructions there though. Check in on that group.

#10 10 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

JJP gives instructions on their "Telegram" app group. They are currently off for the holidays and probably wont respond until after the first of the year. There are instructions there though. Check in on that group.

Thanks! I have Telegram but don't see them. PM me the group name if you don't mind.

#11 10 months ago

What in the heck is Telegram? Is this why they don’t use the Google Groups any longer ? I wish they’d tell us these things ..

#12 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What in the heck is Telegram?

Heck if I know.

And I work for them. First to go last to know.

LTG : )

#13 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What in the heck is Telegram? Is this why they don’t use the Google Groups any longer ? I wish they’d tell us these things ..

It's sorta like Messenger that we can easily share documents (directions from JJP), photos, and videos (to help report issues). Guessing it is primarily just being used for us beta testers (by JJP invitation only). They aren't saying anything except related to the network updates and testing for them.

Except ... Keith did remind us that if we haven't changed our batteries in the early WOZ or Hobbit pins, we should do so very soon as the batteries are at the end of their life. It's a little more difficult if we let them die. Follow the manual instructions for that.

#14 10 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It's sorta like Messenger that we can easily share documents (directions from JJP), photos, and videos (to help report issues). Guessing it is primarily just being used for us beta testers (by JJP invitation only). They aren't saying anything except related to the network updates and testing for them.
Except ... Keith did remind us that if we haven't changed our batteries in the early WOZ or Hobbit pins, we should do so very soon as the batteries are at the end of their life. It's a little more difficult if we let them die. Follow the manual instructions for that.

I might need to change mine on TH soon. Is it a flat cell? , where even is the battery?

#15 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I might need to change mine on TH soon. Is it a flat cell? , where even is the battery?

Yes, in the back of the metal box. Standard motherboard battery, CR2032. Change it with the power on, watch out for the fan. I did my WOZ and TH last night.

FYI, Stern Sam systems are generally CR2430. I have to get some of those too.

#16 10 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, in the back of the metal box. Standard motherboard battery, CR2032. Change it with the power on, watch out for the fan. I did my WOZ and TH last night.
FYI, Stern Sam systems are generally CR2430. I have to get some of those too.

Aah thanks. And I think I have some CR2032 laying around too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 182.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Macomb, MI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside