(Topic ID: 279044)

JJP "Hotrails" thoughts on this product moving forward?

By playtwowin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should JJP Remake some of their older titles with new hotrails?”

• Yes.. I think it would be a nice upgrade 13 votes
    21%
  • No.. Leave the older titles alone 24 votes
    38%
  • Only on future games 19 votes
    30%
  • Not a fan of the hotrails 7 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 63 votes by 57 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

I like the new HOTRAILS feature on Guns and Roses. I feel its safe to say all of their games will have this option moving forward. What is the communities thoughts on JJP adding Hot Rails to older JJP games? Just wanted to know what some peoples thoughts would be on it. Could these be sold as a kit?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I like the new HOTRAILS feature on Guns and Roses. I feel its safe to say all of their games will have this option moving forward. What is the communities thoughts on JJP adding Hot Rails to older JJP games? Just wanted to know what some peoples thoughts would be on it. Could these be sold as a kit?

I’d like to see these in person first, but my impression is that these may not be a good fit for every title. Seems to work great in a rock music pin.

#3 3 years ago

I don't think they will be sold as kits for the previous games. That would require redoing the lightshows to really get the full effect of them, and is simply more trouble than it's worth. But I suppose it's possible if there was enough demand.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

I don't think they will be sold as kits for the previous games. That would require redoing the lightshows to really get the full effect of them, and is simply more trouble than it's worth. But I suppose it's possible if there was enough demand.

Could be a new revenue stream for JJP and puts pressure on them to revisit older games code?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I’d like to see these in person first, but my impression is that these may not be a good fit for every title. Seems to work great in a rock music pin.

I agree perhaps not all but games like WOZ or Wonka I feel would be a great fit.

#6 3 years ago

They'll always be Ho Trails to me.

#7 3 years ago

Isn't it pretty much factory PinStadium?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Watch the BuffaloPinball stream there’s a lot more with all of the integrated programming

#9 3 years ago

Noticed alot of really cool effects that the hotrails can do. When properly coded into the game it's a great extension to the playfield lighting. At one point in the game it was simulating a heartbeat. I think JJP will find lots of cool effects that will compliment game play.

#10 3 years ago

What's a hotrail

#11 3 years ago

I think it's a pretty cool feature in a music-based pin to recreate the light show of a concert, but I definitely wouldn't want to have christmas tree lights on a regular pin.

#12 3 years ago

I think they are awesome due to the programming integration with game modes. They also have a factory look which is nice to see.

#13 3 years ago

I think it totally works with a music pin to simulate a concert lightshow. I wouldn't want to see it on all games.

#14 3 years ago

Ho Trails > Hot Wheels > Hot Rails > GnR music

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No, the Hotrails are mounted to the playfield instead of the normal metal or wood rails. Pinstadium or lighting rails are mounted to the cabinet near the glass. Also, the Hotrails are using individually addressable RGBW LEDs for the designer to use to integrate into the game's light show, which have Pinstadiums do not do at a per LED level.

#16 3 years ago

Ho Trails will probably be too much for me, but I respect the idea.
The main thing for me is not every game has to have the same shit, so I don;t think they're needed on every title.

As for being sold as a kit for old game *gag*, I believe one of the JJP teams said they are installed INSTEAD or in place of wood the standard rails. So perhaps you would have to remove the old rails to install them IF they were to retrofit; seems like a real tall task for folks.
Now I THOUGHT that's what they said; apologies if I'm wrong.

#17 3 years ago

As long as there is an option to not have them then its fine for me, but I'm not into it. It fits this theme, wouldn't affect my decision to buy a GnR if they weren't there.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

No, the Hotrails are mounted to the playfield instead of the normal metal or wood rails. Pinstadium or lighting rails are mounted to the cabinet near the glass. Also, the Hotrails are using individually addressable RGBW LEDs for the designer to use to integrate into the game's light show, which have Pinstadiums do not do at a per LED level.

They also don't ruin the light show like the non factory option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-hotrails-thoughts-on-this-product-moving-forward?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.