Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

torpedo.jpg
batmandisguise.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsrfo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#81 10 years ago

I was just made aware of this post by the OP last night as I was heading out to work, and need to put an end to this at this point.

I am the owner of the machine in question. My original email to my pinball friend, KPM, was passionate and frustrated. The wait for the WOZ, getting it just hours before hosting a huge party for my kids, and having issues out of the box all were visibly evident in my email, as I have been discussing this for months and months with the OP. The resolution that JJP has provided me was not known to the OP when he made his post. Sorry KPM, and JJP.

I do take issue with the hard stance people take on forums, under the blanket of anonymity. Everyone has an opinion when they speak from behind a computer screen.

Let me first address my technical abilities. Do not get confused that I've owned pins for only a year and a half or so with my ability or inability to diagnose and fix them. I own a solid 20 year old DMD, and have gone through it to make it what it is today as far as it's playability. That includes rebuilding what needs rebuilt, finding broken or loose wires, tracking down any sort of problem, etc. Remember there is a learning curve, and we all learn things as we go. Baptism by fire. I am not going to run through my "qualifications" or technical background for anyone, but I've fixed everything that has needed any attention, with maybe some requests for info, etc. But who hasn't. So, use the term NOOB if you need to. That's fine. I take no offense to it. But do not think that someone that is new to anything is without the intelligence to logically think through and diagnose issues or repair them. It's like anything else, you need to learn and you do that by working on the stuff.

As for me not wanting to raise the playfield, seriously? If you think I'm hesitant to get inside the machine, well that's a wrong assumption. Why would I want to cycle the playfield up and down any more than I have to, scuffing it up unnecessarily, etc. There is a contact issue there. Just keep opening the door on your car after you determine that it's rubbing on the fender. Makes sense, doesn't it? As it turns out, Jack told me to use the game, work on lights, etc, and not to worry about it. But would you go out of your way to potentially damage something?

Now, the issues involved with this machine are mine, not this forum's, so I did not feel compelled to post anything myself. At this point, what I will say is that JJP has been extremely quick to respond to my issues. Everyone I have spoken to, Lloyd, Ken, and Jack have spent time on the phone with me, and have been very responsive, just as soon as I made them aware of it. I had posted my lighting issue on another forum, and Lloyd was in contact with me over the weekend, on his own time. Very helpful, and quite unexpected, considering I got the pin on a Friday. I spoke with Jack three times about this. Jack told me directly that it all stops with him, and things will be made right. So, with resolution in sight, this should be behind me very soon. So by the following Thursday, JJP came up with a resolution for my issues.

Beyond the issues, the game is quite beautiful. You can tell that it is built very sturdily. The technology involved is different than what you might expect if you own older games. There is a different architecture to the lighting, etc. So, you need to learn it.

All I can say is that JJP has been very helpful with this, to this point, and I look forward to playing the game at its full potential. So, please just give it a rest. I think unless you have a stake in the game, there's really nothing to be gained by trash talk, either against me and my technical abilities, JJP, or a person's decision to buy and enjoy whatever they choose.

I do not post on forums because they generally piss me off. However, in this case, I felt compelled. Once the game is in my home and I've had use of it for some time, I certainly will provide my honest opinion of it.

I'm done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsrfo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-help-just-got-my-machine?tu=jsrfo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.