Jack1.jpg
335d8f1e0545a6269b63392a1e6b663e.jpg
169a65d0df7a2b7ae692ebd08b982ef1.jpg
307028.jpg
imagesTG3SCJKL.jpg
Screenshot_2014-10-31-00-35-28.png
Janet jackson 2014.jpg
image-611.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
My neighbor bought a $3000 pool table and the techs have been out 3 times to fix issues with it.
If the Pool Table company would have said "We'll send you the parts, you take it apart and fix it" I'm sure there would have been a Visa chargeback in seconds.
Now if were a $10,000 pool table, the owner would have expected Shane Van Boening himself to come out and fix it.

+1

Pushing into the home ownership market means more of these types of posts. When someone who isn't familiar with pinball machines buys a NIB, they are expecting the "gaming console experience". Plug it in and it works until it dies.

Cars also come with the expectation that you won't have to do any maintenance on them within the first year or so, and I believe these types of buyers will feel the same way about pinballs. It's going to be a frustrating experience for them.

#61 9 years ago

Bolstering customer service doesn't have to mean footing the bill for repair techs to visit homes.

By setting expectations with buyers, they could even turn the repair aspect of pinball ownership into a very satisfying DIY experience.

Just brainstorming, but envision the "Stern Home Ownership Program." Offered to any home customer that buys a NIB pin or even as a bonus reserved for LE customers. You receive some form of pinball repair basics book, a $25 gift certificate to Pinball Life, and a list of your local distributors/techs that you can pay to repair your game.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

This type of customer will never be happy with a pinball machine unless they decide to learn and get their hands dirty, or have a regular technician scheduled to come to service the game monthly.

Give them exactly what they want.

Following the same Pro, Premium, LE tiered model, give people options for levels of support.

- If you are a DIY'er, join the free "Home Ownership Program".
- If you need more guidance, but are willing to use your hands, the $299/yr. guided support program is a good choice.
- If you never want to touch the inside of your equipment, then you should purchase the $999/yr. in-home support program. This covers 1 technician visit per month and an annual cleaning.

All support plans exclude the cost of parts, except during the 1-year parts-only warranty period.

Just brainstorming, and I'm not sober, so this may be silly.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

"If it ain't broke, it ain't Pinball"
We cannot make an Unbreakable pinball machine for a million dollars.
I own a service company that makes money because things break. That's why there are parts companies too.
I built a company based on customer service. We have provided free parts and countless free service calls all over the world.
Our warranty is the broadest most liberal and longest in the industry. I'm even shipping parts for free on games out of warranty.
I've swapped whole games, playfields, you name it. We have done service calls for free for operators on location. So newbies are not the only ones who don't know how to fix pinball.
I've even been known to show up at someone's home or location to service their game.
A toll free number listed in the manual, on line even on shirts rings on my cell phone that I answer.
There will always be people who fix things with check books.
The customer has spoken to our people and everything is happiness going forward.
We have hired an industry service expert Frank Becker who is getting up to date for the last month at JJP to run the service and support division
We strive to get better every day and we will. It's pinball. I can guarantee it will break!
Thanks.

I sincerely hope Mr. Becker helps you figure out a solution for the home user market that you are advertising to. It's OK to say that having to get service on a pinball machine is inevitable, but it seems like current pinball companies just assume buyers will know that.

It's a brave new world for you as a pinball company and if it weren't for people like Alex and LTG, the negative aspects of the inevitable pinball customer service would vastly outweigh the positives.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think most of the comments in this thread aren't as much critical of how you do things, as they are a commentary on what it will take to expand the market and the expectations of those new buyers.

That's where I am coming at this from. This specific incident just highlights an opportunity for a pinball company to grow to fill a need.

It's up to the pinball companies if they want to take hold of the opportunity and run with it.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#307 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Absolutely right iceman44 and the interesting is if you respond to the stuff up well it will never be forgotten by the customer and you could be in more favourable position than if it did not happen at all!

This has been proven by a decent number of studies as well. Wayner speaks the truth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-has-very-poor-customer-service-for-non-pinheads?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.