Jack1.jpg
335d8f1e0545a6269b63392a1e6b663e.jpg
169a65d0df7a2b7ae692ebd08b982ef1.jpg
307028.jpg
imagesTG3SCJKL.jpg
Screenshot_2014-10-31-00-35-28.png
Janet jackson 2014.jpg
image-611.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

To be totally honest, a pinball machine comes with a cost of ownership. People need to learn how to repair things. When JJP sends parts out, it's done its job. The customer either needs to learn how to install them or expect to regularly be forking out cash to repairmen. New game, old game, $1000 or $30000 game makes no difference.

Wait a second... REALLY? Remember, this customer is not a pinball collector. He's a guy that bought a new pinball machine in the box with a warranty associated with it (not sure if they warranty 90-days or 1-year or whatever). So, the customer expects the manufacturer to service issues. If you buy a TV and it didn't work out of the box, how would you feel if the manufacturer said they would send you a part but then expected you to find your own repairman to put it in (assume you know nothing about electronics).

Jaz

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Does the JJP or Stern warranty really say Parts and LABOR?

That's a valid point. However, if pinball manufacturers want to sell direct to consumer (not just ops and collectors), that won't fly. While *WE* know these are coin-op machines and what that means, do you think that all these people who buy a machine online do?

I'm just saying if these guys want to sell direct to consumer (which they obviously do) and want to not only have happy customers, but repeat customers, they need to change their model and thinking.

What concerns me most here is that I have not seen Jack (or anyone associated with the company) take the stand and say we didn't handle this right but we're trying to fix it. If vidgameseller hadn't stepped up and tried to help these people out, and put Pinchroma in contact with these people directly, where exactly would this be for them right now? It looks to me like the OP went far an above to help these guys out with no compensation.

I mean, it was well into the 2nd page of this thread where the OP finally got someone at JJP to step up on this.

Please don't take this as a JJP bash. I've been a pinballsales.com supporter for quite a while and always felt that Jack did a good job. Heck, he built JJP *BECAUSE* of his reputation from pinballsales.com. But, in this case something happened. We all make mistakes and the good guys do what they can to make it right. But, something happened here and Jack's post didn't help his case since there was no acknowledgement of an "oops".

If we want to grow pinball, we need customers like the one we're talking about here to be happy with their purchase and ready to buy again.

My 2 cents,
Jaz

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

They worked with Steve to diagnose the switch problem just the other day. That was what the customer told me and I verified that today as well. WELL after expo so we are talking about 2 different problems. I don't care about the original problem. That's fixed and is not what the issue is now so stop bringing it up it's irrelevant. SMH. In any event thanks for the help. I've got it.

Wait, what?!?

You don't care about the original problem because it's fixed. Exactly how did JJP or pinballsales make that happen? Did you pay the tech who did the repair for his time?

I just re-read this thread from the start and realized that JJP didn't *SEND* vidgameseller out to do any work. They simply put the 2 in contact with each other and let them work out an arrangement. Then he went back out on his own time to fix a problem. Was he paid for that first repair (or even thanked)?

Wait, you know what, I don't want to know anymore. It sounds like there is probably some blame by all the parties involved. The customer is now working with JJP to fix the current problem. Hopefully JJP/pinballsales has learned a few things here and everyone can move forward a little smarter.

Alex, you're speaking here as an official JJP party. Remember that a ton of potential customers read this. I for one would not want a representative of my company behaving/commenting as you are here.

Jaz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-has-very-poor-customer-service-for-non-pinheads?tu=jazman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.