IMG_3623 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
IMG_20230516_223229 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200801_185920 (resized).jpg
22DCB5C9-FF40-496B-A91D-40E3A74531D3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Out on godfather. Saw it for the first time last year. It didn’t live up to the hype. Was in on a Potter pin though. Too bad.

I think its great. Esp the first one. Really cant see how it would do well as a pinball machine......

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Maybe JJP has secured the Harry Potter license for a future title? Even if that's true it wasn't good timing to post something like that.

Agreed. I just hope they hire elwin, wich should cowork with eric on a harry potter wide-body.
Thats a sure buy before reveal for me.

2 months later
#582 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Kamikow has all but confirmed that Stern has the Harry Potter license in the past.
Here is a 2019 article on it.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-february-26th-2019/[quoted image]

This doesn't make any sense.
Why would they wait four years, to produce the game, if they have the license?

#739 11 months ago

Looking at last two games, i´m worried there will be a thousand leds and one toy, wich will be a pop up head of voldemort, but since they didnt get his image licensed it will only be the letter "V" that pops up.

PLz bring back the world under glass from the first three games.

#740 11 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looking at last two games, i´m worried there will be a thousand leds and one toy, wich will be a pop up head of voldemort, but since they didnt get his image licensed it will only be the letter "V" that pops up.
PLz bring back the world under glass from the first three games.

BTW isn´t there loads of good movie titles where licenses has expired? I mean since the 70 years rule apply????
Most of hitchcock etc etc etc.

1 month later
#831 9 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Well, yeah, they wouldn't blow it by making it the 4th movie or the HBO series. What's that saying? The best way to predict one's future is to look at their past.

Well, i would say asset management is the best there is full stop for woz, hobbit and gnr.
Plz find me ANY game ever with better assetmanagement.

If they go back to their old formula wide body, with lots of toys and imagination, hp can become the best ever.

3 weeks later
#842 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

5000 units is about what GNR did. Most for JJP and even more than what a lot of stern titles do. I am not sure id make the bet. GNR came out at best possible time..wouldnt sell as many today I don't think.

I´m certain that a well made and loaded HP would sell 10000 units.

On the other hand look at ts4, barren cash grabs with terrible game play, will not sell, no matter what theme.

#844 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

JJP was number 2 when GNR came out and sold well, now Godfather is miles behind Scooby in sales which means they are a distant number 4 now. A few years makes a big difference with all this new competition. This outrageous price, lacking software, no mechs, Mirco playfield business model is not going to work now that the covid log jam is over and the market is flooded with cheaper better games. Anything but full license Harry Potter is not going to sell much. Maybe better than GF, but that is not saying much. Full license HP would probably sell a lot even at this price structure and very few mechs or software updates.

Now i will get downvotes in abundance, but....

I would totally do it like hobbit with three great wizard modes, then instead of printing out the wizard modes, i´d make three microscreen next to each of the wizard mode lights. then i would stack the game for the first movie, maybe wizards mode learning to fly, chess game, battle with quirrell.
Make it amazing in it´s own with some available targets also with micro screens to be able to label targets differently.
Have some of recurring items in the game, such as hogwarts, dark forrest, qudditch field.

Then i would dlc the rest of the movies with new rulesets+wizard modes etc. Maybe with a year inbetween at 1K$ a pop. This is where micro screens for targets and wizard modes comes handy.

Another option ofc of making the most of an expensive license is making multiple complete games, such as one for first two moves etc, maybe a total of three machines.

Harry potter world is big enough to be way profitable. I just hope it gets the treatment it deserves and if anyone states they are not interested in this license, i´m sure most of them have kids and/or grandkids that are and will be fascinated if it´s a machine on par or better then woz toy-wise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-harry-potter-pin-coming?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.