IMG_3623 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-05-17 094349 (resized).jpg
D3AC342D-8B28-4636-AC2D-3298D680283C.gif
Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
the-worst-thing-about-prison-was-the-dementors-dementors.gif
IMG_20230516_223229 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200801_185920 (resized).jpg
22DCB5C9-FF40-496B-A91D-40E3A74531D3 (resized).jpeg
There are 881 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#402 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

time for this thread to die

Until next year!

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Teaser out!!!
Slash version of the theme song?
I ain’t crying. One of the best movies of all time. Could work as a pinball game.

It did seem very Slash-esque. It's Eric, so it could be awesome. But even with his involvement, the pricing, theme and JJPs recent failure to complete code after YEARS on PotC and GnR are heavy weights on sales potential.

#404 1 year ago

After the Toy Story 4 debacle, the “50th” being in the name scares me.

#405 1 year ago

They picked the wrong movie again

#406 1 year ago

Yup G50 as expected... no idea who thinks that is a good pin title, but whatevs. Maybe I'll think differently when I play it... doubtful but who knows.

#407 1 year ago

There's not many themes I'm less interested in. I would find a Pink Flamingos pin more enticing.

I guess we'll see what they come up with. Could be a sleeper hit.

#408 1 year ago

Weird move by Jack to make people believe it's HP so they hold on to their foo fighters money long enough to be disappointed by godfather.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Weird move by Jack to make people believe it's HP so they hold on to their foo fighters money long enough to be disappointed by godfather.

I would guess that the overlap between godfather fans and Harry Potter fans isn't very large.

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Almost worked for me and I would have missed out on my FF LE had this been the case. Glad I went all-in on FOO.

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Maybe JJP has secured the Harry Potter license for a future title? Even if that's true it wasn't good timing to post something like that.

#412 1 year ago

I'm curous...if I troll my own company and infer that I have the holy grail of pinball licenses to be revealed within just days and then come out with a very low tier title, do my billionaire investors call? Do they care about the optics?

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I'm curous...if I troll my own company and infer that I have the holy grail of pinball licenses to be revealed within just days and then come out with a very low tier title, do my billionaire investors call? Do they care about the optics?

What makes you think they won’t sell a ton of these? Boomers have all the money. This is a great theme for anyone’s man cave.

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Doesn’t seem weird at all to me. Jack saw FF and thought, “shit, people are going to spend all their money on that. I’ll drop a ‘hint’ that may keep some people still holding their money.” Hasn’t he played games like this before?

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

What makes you think they won’t sell a ton of these? Boomers have all the money. This is a great theme for anyone’s man cave.

I’m holding out for Fiddler on the Roof.

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Now that would be a hot title

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

time for this thread to die

Godfather. I like the Scotch and Sirloin! Prime rib please

#418 1 year ago

I said boomers. Your talking “greatest generation”

#419 1 year ago

I want Camelot with Richard Harris singing and call outs...

#420 1 year ago

How did you guys not notice that he’s wearing a maroon polo?

AC8F4774-C40D-4BD0-87D3-8E8A9F49C63E (resized).jpegAC8F4774-C40D-4BD0-87D3-8E8A9F49C63E (resized).jpeg

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from ozno:

How did you guys not notice that he’s wearing a maroon polo?

It's to hide blood from all of Michael's enemies.

LTG : )

#422 1 year ago

Isn't that the color of horse blood?

#423 1 year ago

I wonder if we can retheme it to The Shining...and comes with a rug.....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#424 1 year ago

If I were a rich man, I’d build a big tall house with pins by the dozen right in the middle of the town.
Not sure if Godfather would be one of the pins, though.

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from Tbarne07:

Godfather. I like the Scotch and Sirloin! Prime rib please

These things can be arranged!

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wonder if we can retheme it to The Shining...and comes with a rug.....[quoted image]

The Shining would be a trip of a pin!

#427 1 year ago

Wow it's the godfather and not harry potter!? I, for one, am SHOCKED! Shocked I tell you!

#428 1 year ago

To be fair I wouldn't have initially thought Wizard of Oz would make a good theme. So I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgment on Godfather.

#429 1 year ago

Looking forward to future classic titles from JJP including Lawrence of Arabia, Ben-Hur, and The Sound of Music.

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would guess that the overlap between godfather fans and Harry Potter fans isn't very large.

There’s Godfather fans ?

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looking forward to future classic titles from JJP including Lawrence of Arabia, Ben-Hur, and The Sound of Music.

I always thought "The Great Escape" would make a great pin.

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I always thought "The Great Escape" would make a great pin.

I always thought Bridge On The River Kwai. No way you could play that pin without whistling along with the tune and trying to flip in time to the music.

#433 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I always thought Bridge On The River Kwai. No way you could play that pin without whistling along with the tune and trying to flip in time to the music.

"Be happy in your work" -Col Saito
Thanks, just put that song in my head LLoyd.

#434 1 year ago

“Nothing at all that I did to deceive you!”
98EB2AB0-F1E2-4FFD-AFF6-0E0B9A944DEF (resized).jpeg98EB2AB0-F1E2-4FFD-AFF6-0E0B9A944DEF (resized).jpeg

#435 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

There’s Godfather fans ?

Lol

Aficionados?

#436 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

What makes you think they won’t sell a ton of these? Boomers have all the money.

That's an interesting comment. If that's true, I think the bigger question worth asking is "why?"
If we can figure out why, then we can theoretically do exactly as they did and have the same outcome which would also mean boomers are smarter than us and that label is technically a badge of honor to wear, not a slight.

But ..... the reality is we live in a much different time than those boomers were afforded. The rich continued to get richer, the middle class shrinks and continues to do so (the largest part of the pinball market) and the poor ... well, no change there. Now is an absolute terrible time to be releasing a new pin.
In a product focused business like pinball, you're always one decision away from closing your doors. I wish them well through these tough times. I'm glad it's not HP, I simply can't afford to do it right now.

Signed, a barely middle class Gen-x'r

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh you want a song to whistle to do ya? We need a Deliverance pin. neener neen-er neen-er neen-er neee.

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Maybe JJP has secured the Harry Potter license for a future title? Even if that's true it wasn't good timing to post something like that.

Agreed. I just hope they hire elwin, wich should cowork with eric on a harry potter wide-body.
Thats a sure buy before reveal for me.

#441 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Wow it's the godfather and not harry potter!? I, for one, am SHOCKED! Shocked I tell you!

So, basically, whenever it could be one thing or the other with JJP, it’s always the worst thing. I mean, even within the realm of gangster movie-themed pins, Goodfellas would have been way better and quite frankly more appealing to the age group that buys the most pins.

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Oh you want a song to whistle to do ya?

Here is one to stick in your head. Pom Poms optional.

On Wisconsin.

#443 1 year ago

Goddamit stop bitching about Godfather! It's a killer fuckin' theme!!!

Leave the gun, take the Canoli! Am I right?

I seriously can't wait for the McCluskey's Revenge mode.

#444 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

because its not a potential location earner and is niche, males over 50 only to buy for the home. kinda silly.

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a killer fuckin' theme!!!

For the first time since I can remember, I actually agree with you. Damn.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or don't, and just enjoy your game.
Pinsiders spend way too much working as hard as they can to find issues to fret about.
After that "ribbed playfield" thread I looked closely at all 3 of my LCD Stern pins...and they all had the "ribbing." Which I never noticed for 3 years.
Didn't notice or care then, don't care now. Looks fine to me.
Meanwhile there's people going insane over this "issue." Don't get it myself.

Maybe I want to get what I paid for.
I am glad for you that you do not give a fuck about playfield issues. Maybe you can tell all the suppliers so they give you all their shittiest playfields.
I am in no way going insane. I just want what I paid for.

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Maybe I want to get what I paid for.
I am glad for you that you do not give a fuck about playfield issues. Maybe you can tell all the suppliers so they give you all their shittiest playfields.
I am in no way going insane. I just want what I paid for.

You lose You get nothing!

#448 1 year ago

The biggest downside of Godfather being Erics game is that in the Rotation if rumors are true Pat Lawlor would get Harry Potter (Godfather Eric, Elton John Ritchie, Then Pat for HP). Pat is a great designer, but is completely out of touch with younger themes. He completely fumbled Toy Story...I mean it could not have went worse for that theme. He is convinced that anyone under 40 ONLY wants screens everywhere, which is evident on his last 3 games. Wonka and Dialed in are decent games but I doubt anyone will give a shit about them in 10 years. After seeing what Jack Danger and Keith are doing over at Stern, JJ is in trouble. Eric is the one saving grace over there IMO. Calling Ritchie the KING at this point is nonsense. He has had a great career, and is legendary in pinball...but the newer designers are mopping the floor with the OG's.

#449 1 year ago

I am pretty sure lawlor retired after toy story.

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I am pretty sure lawlor retired after toy story.

Correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,999.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 881 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-harry-potter-pin-coming/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.